The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum

In parting words to UN, Obama calls for 'course correction'

Sept. 20, 2016

"UNITED NATIONS (AP) — In a closing dispatch to the world he's tried to shape, President Barack Obama conceded Tuesday that the United States and other major powers have only limited ability to solve the world's most profound problems, including Syria's civil war. He lamented the "cycles of conflict and suffering" that seem to kick in every time humanity finally seems to be getting it right.

"Perhaps that's our fate," Obama said in his last speech to the U.N. General Assembly.

Four months before leaving office, Obama called for a "course correction" to ensure that the unstoppable forces of globalization don't lead nations to entrench behind their borders and ignore the most vulnerable. He chided foreign leaders for stoking ethnic and religious divisions while faulting Russia for a brutish approach to its role on the world stage.

Still, Obama insisted it was critical not to gloss over "enormous progress" on economics and global cooperation that he said formed a template for tackling the problems of the future.

In a less-than-subtle jab at Donald Trump, the Republican running to replace him, Obama said, "A nation ringed by walls would only imprison itself."

Obama's parting words to the global body contained a grim assessment of the challenges he's leaving behind: a devastating refugee crisis, terrorism, financial inequality and a tendency to make immigrants and Muslims scapegoats. Across the Middle East, he said, "basic security, basic order has broken down."

"This is the paradox that defines our world today," Obama said. "A quarter-century after the end of the Cold War, the world is by many measures less violent and more prosperous than ever before. And yet our societies are filled with uncertainty and unease and strife."

This year's U.N. gathering has played out against the harrowing backdrop of the deepening civil war in Syria and the renewed failure of U.S. and Russian diplomatic efforts to stem the violence for any meaningful period of time. With no better alternatives, the U.S., Russia and others clung unconvincingly Tuesday to the notion that a week-old cease-fire was not moribund, even as Syria declared it over and the U.N. suspended all convoys of aid.

Obama acknowledged that the extremist and sectarian violence wreaking havoc in the Middle East and elsewhere "will not be quickly reversed." Still, he stuck faithfully to his insistence that diplomatic efforts and not military solutions are the key to resolving Syria's war and other conflicts.

"If we are honest, we know that no external power is going to be able to force different religious communities or ethnic communities to co-exist for long," Obama said. "Until basic questions are answered about how communities co-exist, the embers of extremism will continue to burn. Countless human beings will suffer."  <<Will the real Obama please stand up??
snip

Does this guy live on the same planet the rest of us do?
  • Like 6

In fiery UN speech, Netanyahu invites Abbas to address Knesset

Sept. 22, 2016

"PM pans Palestinian incitement, urges new talks; also slams Iran as biggest threat to world, terms Human Rights Council a ‘joke’

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday invited Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to speak at the Knesset and offered to speak at the PA headquarters in Ramallah to advance peace.

But alongside the overture at the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Netanyahu also delivered a scathing rebuke of the Palestinian leadership, accusing it of “poisoning the future” by inciting terror through educational and TV programs and blasting it for its refusal to recognize Israel as the Jewish state.

The prime minister insisted that peace talks should resume though direct contact, telling Abbas that he is invited to speak “to the Israeli people in the Knesset in Jerusalem” and that he “would gladly come to speak [at] the Palestinian parliament in Ramallah.”

“You have a choice to make,” Netanyahu said, still addressing Abbas, who had spoken in the plenum only minutes before. “You can continue to stoke hatred, as you did today. Or you can confront hatred and work with me to establish peace between our two nations.”
snip
  • Like 4

Worth a listen, I would start at the 10 min mark to avoid the introductions this is a mirror of Libya and the people of Syria are refusing to be divided by belief.... 

the lack of MSM reps in the seating provided for them tells an obvious story and when you hear the standard of brain washed questions they ask the panel ..... well MSM has lost its way somewhat 

• Like 7

HUGE! UN's "New Global Human Order", Agenda 21 and Sustainable Development

BREAKING: "ON UN Agenda" New Global Human Order"

And we musn't forget this......

OBAMA: AMERICA MUST SURRENDER SOVEREIGNTY, EMBRACE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT

Sept 23, 2016

Editor’s Note: He also found it within himself to say America has been a global “force for good”…

"Earlier this week Barack Obama delivered his final United Nations speech.

In addition to praising the bankster loan shark operations run out of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, Obama called for “global integration,” code for a one-world government.

“I believe that at this moment we all face a choice. We can choose to press forward with a better model of cooperation and integration. Or we can retreat into a world sharply divided, and ultimately in conflict, along age-old lines of nation and tribe and race and religion,” he said.

In short, Obama has renewed the call to end national sovereignty.

The Council on Foreign Relations, often referred to as the “real State Department,” prefers to call it a transition to “global governance” or multilateralism.

In 2012, as the CFR unveiled the Council of Councils and its “Challenges for Global Governance in 2013,” Nicholas West deconstructed the globalist agenda. In addition to eroding national sovereignty through the promotion of “free trade” deals and treaties, the CFR has pushed behind the scenes for economic collapse, humanitarian intervention, destabilization of the Middle East, geopolitical reorganization, and control of the internet." <<<pay attention here..... banking, trade pacts, immigration, internet control, all plays into the same game. NWO
snip
  • Like 5

UN Panel: U.S. Owes Black People Reparations for History of Slavery

Sept. 27, 2016

Katherine Rodriguez

"A United Nations-affiliated group in Geneva is calling for the U.S. to give African Americans reparations for the country’s history of slavery, according to a recent report by the group.

The group’s statement was part of a study by the United Nations’ Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a group that reports to the international organization’s High Commissioner on Human Rights, The Washington Post reported.

The group of experts, made up of leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings about the link between the U.S.’s history of slavery and present injustices, such as the recent police shootings of African Americans to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday.

“In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent,” the report stated. “Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching.”

The panel said that the police shootings of African Americans during the past year have caused a “human rights crisis” that is in urgent need of addressing and compared the recent shootings to the acts of lynchings by white supremacists in the late 1800s."

snip

• Like 4

She is speaking truth, wish the video had continued.  Imelda posted this in shout.  Tx Imelda

A lady in UN council reveals the reality of Syrian conflict.

How about everyone gets out and let Assad run his own country?

• Like 3

Worth a listen, I would start at the 10 min mark to avoid the introductions this is a mirror of Libya and the people of Syria are refusing to be divided by belief.... 

the lack of MSM reps in the seating provided for them tells an obvious story and when you hear the standard of brain washed questions they ask the panel ..... well MSM has lost its way somewhat 

17min 15 second you can listen to her entire commentary 

• Like 7

phillip's video is worth a watch. It's astounding that the press can get away with ignoring this side of things. And all they want to talk about are "barrel bombs."

Along with the oil aspect and the secular Muslim country aspect, I dare say that Syria's ability to provide free universal health care and education are a threat to the US (twisted as that may be).

• Like 6

@kandescent  and Gaddafi in Libya  provided the same and more for  his people too! Everyone had everything they needed, there was no homelessness, now they have a countrywide disaster of epic proportions.

Trump as president would pose global danger - U.N. rights chief

October 12, 2016

Stephanie Nebehay

"The world will be in danger if Republican nominee Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, the top United Nations human rights official said on Wednesday.

U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein cited Trump's views on vulnerable communities including minorities and his talk of authorising torture in interrogations, banned under international law, as "deeply unsettling and disturbing".

"If Donald Trump is elected on the basis of what he has said already - and unless that changes - I think it is without any doubt that he would be dangerous from an international point of view," Zeid told a news briefing in Geneva.

Trump lashed out at U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan and other "disloyal" Republicans on Tuesday and vowed to campaign in whatever style he wants now that the party establishment has largely abandoned him."
snip

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/06/26/the-scandal-of-ambassador-zeid/    makes sense he'd say this, but his personal opinion should not become that of the UN, as they have no right to interfere in our election 
  • Like 5

Just in case there are others who couldn't find this thread by running a search......

<Writing this here so we can literally see the example of what happens with the thread title re: search engine. Hope this helps everyone, too!>

Helllooooo (・ω・)ノbreezy/Mods, the thread cannot appear in the search result at all, due to the letter number of the first word in the title.

The rule applied only starts to work if there are more than 4 letters by the look of it.

Can we possibly change the thread title from "The UN" to "The United Nations (UN)" or something rather, so we can find it via search on the forum?

(Even doing so, the search is still going to be vague because of "The", though...LOL

I'd rather appreciate it if the RULE can be changed down to 3 letters, not 4...but I dunno if that'd devastate the search result line ups, and even make it harder to find anything....eyes rolling....(´×ω×`)

But there are other threads that can't be picked up by the search engine, too. Changing titles are the easiest option for now I guess!  (・ω<)☆ Sorry to add more work for you...)

And now, here's a news that we all go HUH?(´゚д゚`)

....Sigh....

They are only going to make sure that everyone is to be called insane and disabled.

Why are we paying out of our pocket to run such garbage organization?

We don't need such useless and dysfunctional organization that doesn't help anyone.

DISCARD THEM NOW, I'd say. The Humanity can come up with far better organization than this crap, IMHO.

Failure to find a sexual partner is now a DISABILITY says World Health Organisation

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/723323/Sexual-partner-fertility-disability-World-Health-Organisation-IVF

• Like 3

2 hours ago, unity said:

I'd rather appreciate it if the RULE can be changed down to 3 letters, not 4...but I dunno if that'd devastate the search result line ups, and even make it harder to find anything....eyes rolling....(´×ω×`)

I think it might be 3 now because I can search for UFO. 

• Like 3

p)゚∀゚(q Really!? If so, great!!!

OK, I'm going to try out with another wacky titled one to see if that comes up smoothly on the search! 

Thanks, kandy!!(・ω・)ノ

<Add to Edit:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 letters OK now!!!! WooooHooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(∩´∀`)∩⊹⋛⋋( ՞ਊ ՞)⋌⋚⊹╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ 

The UMA/Cryptozoology thread could come up instantly this time!!!! OMG that's so awesome...

And the problem is now down to 2 letters. That's ok, we can deal with that.

If I type in "UN", then search can't find this thread. But now I know, so noooooooooooooo worries.

Thank you for letting me know, kandy!!

And thanks for your patience, breezy!!(∩´∀`)∩ You wouldn't know how I'm happy now that I can smoothly go into the UMA thread to write there.....it's like a revolution happened....>

• Like 3

I have wanted to do a thread on Black Cubes, for a long time, and now I am short of time, so I'm going to put this info here, just in case I ever do manage it.

Have you heard of the UN Prayer/Meditation Room? Here, let me show you a picture

Image result for UN prayer Hall image

From the first article below, quote -"This is true of the alignment of atoms into crystals, of cells into tissues, or of organs into a human form, and it is true of the subordinate elements of a society."  This block is a block of pure Iron.  You do know that those with RH+ have more Iron in their blood, than RH-, who have more copper in their blood, and that  the majority on earth are RH+ wonder if there is any significant point in that?

Spirituality at the United Nations 

"It is a challenge to discuss Spirituality at the United Nations. It is a challenge because most people will think that the UN is the antithesis of spirituality. I must report, however, that I regard the United Nations as the most spiritual place in the world today.

The UN is the first planetary focus at the human level. It is the first place that the nerve endings of all humanity join. It is the first place where all the qualities, characteristics, attributes, and essences of all human groups merge and blend. It is truly, the first temple of humanity.

Of all the contention, of all the disputes, of all the struggles, I am fully aware - much more so than bystanders, since I am in the middle of them on a nearly daily basis. That is, of course, one level of reality - but it is not the most important one. We are on the verge of the meta-organization of the world-by that I mean the reorganization of the world on a level higher than that of the participating nation-states. We have been stumbling toward this development for half a century, and of course it is only commencing - it is not complete.

We have also been moving toward it since the first day a human was born on earth, or perhaps since the earth itself was formed, 4 billion years ago.

A single species, the human, has indeed gained dominion over the earth, and having collapsed time and space, in communication and travel, to the speeds of sound and light, the humans have become a continuous and globe-uniting species. In this setting, the nation-state is dysfunctional, and states are facing incorporation into a world being, of which they will be subsidiary organs.

When such a meta-organization occurs, there must be an organizing center, there must be an organizing energy, a synthesizing energy never before registered by the parts, and evoked by the coming emergence of the whole. This is true of the alignment of atoms into crystals, of cells into tissues, or of organs into a human form, and it is true of the subordinate elements of a society.

Now we face the next evolutionary imperative. We are forming the world society."

snip

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_un13.htm

Secrets of the UN Meditation Room

http://biblenation.org/2009/03/27/secrets-of-the-un-meditation-room/

The Occult Character of the United Nations

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_un05.htm

UN, Hotbed of New Age Occult: The Meditation Room   <<read this one for sure

quote from the article..."In the early 1920’s the Lucis Publishing Company changed their name from Lucifer Publishing Company.”

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2011/04/05/un-hotbed-of-new-age-satanism-the-meditation-room/

IN any case, it also reminds me of the D-Wave 4096

Image result for D'Wave 4096 image

• Like 6

Obama Rushes to Implement Climate Treaty Without Congress and Before Trump Can Cancel It

Posted By: RumorMail [Send E-Mail]
Date: Monday, 14-Nov-2016 13:23:04

Obummer is running to make changes before Trump..

By Eric Blair

The Obama Administration is rushing to implement a global treaty on climate change without a vote in Congress and before Trump can “cancel” the agreement.

Put another way, US will be under global governance without input from the people’s elected representatives. Those protesting the prospect of “fascism” might want to pay attention to this story.

According to The Independent:

The US Secretary of State John Kerry says he will continue his efforts to implement the Paris Agreement on global warming, until the day President Barack Obama leaves office.

President-elect Donald Trump has called climate change a hoax and said he would “cancel” US involvement in the landmark Paris deal.

According to the Associated Press, the Paris climate agreement has already officially become international law:

The Paris Agreement to combat climate change becomes international law on Friday (Nov 4th) – a landmark demonstrating that countries are serious about tackling global warming amid growing fears that the world is becoming hotter faster than scientists expected.

So far, 96 countries, accounting for just over two-thirds of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, have formally joined the accord, which seeks to limit global warming to 2 degrees Celsius.

In September, US and China ratified the Paris climate agreement.

The United States has joined China to formally ratify the Paris agreement to curb climate-warming emissions, the world’s two biggest economies said on Saturday, which could help put the pact into force before the end of the year.

“The signal of the two large emitters taking this step together and taking it early, far earlier than people had anticipated a year ago, should give confidence to the global communities and to other countries that are working on their climate change plans, that they too can move quickly and will be part of a global effort,” Senior Obama adviser Brian Deese told reporters.

The White House defends bypassing Congress on the Paris climate deal because it claims it is not a “treaty” but rather an “executive agreement.”

White House said the president has the legal authority to ratify the accord without the two-thirds Senate vote required for international treaties. The Administration said the pact is merely an “executive agreement,” not a treaty.

http://www.activistpost.com/2016/11/obama-rushes-implement-climate-treaty-without-congress-trump-can-cancel.html?utm_source=Activist+Post+Subscribers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=be9c337a14-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_term=0_b0c7fb76bd-be9c337a14-3877963

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=62134

• Like 5

UN Delays Global Warming Treaty 2 Years As Trump Takes Over

Nov. 21, 2016      Michael Bastasch

"United Nations delegates agreed to put off writing any rules for the recently ratified Paris climate agreement to 2018 after President-elect Donald Trump, who’s opposed the agreement, won a surprising election victory.

UN delegates came away with little more than a pledge to reconvene by December 2018 to write rules for the global warming agreement despite extending their two-week summit in Marrakech, Morocco an extra day.

News outlets are reporting nearly 200 countries reaffirmed their pledges to fully implement the Paris deal, which aims to somehow keep projected global warming below 2 degrees Celsius.

But Trump’s surprise election victory shocked UN diplomats, and put the future of the Paris agreement in jeopardy. Trump promised to “cancel” the Paris deal on the campaign trail, and Republican lawmakers have vowed to make sure it’s never implemented.

snip

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/21/un-delays-global-warming-treaty-2-years-as-trump-takes-over/

• Like 5

well, it may be too late anyway.

However, the devil in the gruesome detail is not zany weather; it’s cutthroat runaway global warming and massive coastal flooding. COP21, the Paris Climate Agreement last year, is all about “great hope and prayer” that somehow, some way, but not yet fully understood, humanity can prevent planetary temperature rise over 2°C pre-industrial temperature. Sounds simple enough and kinda like no big deal; after all 2°C isn’t so much. Or is it?

Yes, it is.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/21/the-arctic-warms-up-for-trump/

• Like 3

From Foop's article:

For beginners, over the past 10,000 years Earth has been the Goldilocks planet, not too hot, not too cold, as temperature has been steady, fluctuating by only about 1°C. So, everything the human species has done has been within a very narrow, and almost perfect temperature range (Source: Richard Alley, professor of geosciences, Penn State University, PBS Interview). In other words, civilization is like a spoiled child that has been protected and shielded from the reality of a rough and tumble world.

So, what about prior to 10,000 years ago, which is a very small period of time? Also, there is more than the human species here.

Remarkably, calculating the absolute change in temperature value, whilst ignoring the relative, a rise from 1°C to 2°C above pre-industrial is a 100% increase over the current 1°C overshoot. A 100% change of anything is huge; it’s like two Empire State Buildings stacked one atop another.

Scientists are in agreement, heaven forbid, 2°C will flood coastal cities like Miami, but wait a minute, Miami Beach is already raising streets by 2 feet because of tidal surges way above normal. Yet, the planet hasn’t even hit the deadly 2°C yet… Oops! Somebody must be miscalculating.

Surprise, surprise, there’s already evidence of anomalous flooding in America, e.g. check out North Carolina’s Outer Bank, down to 25% of original width in some areas (Source: Rising Seas: Will the Outer Banks Survive? National Geographic, July 24th, 2014- See photos of houses moving inland).

And, does anyone ever think about all of those ancient cities that are currently submerged? Did their carbon taxes fail? Did they also cause the waters to flood? And what about the fact that the Arctic was at one (probably several times) a temperate climate with green vegetation, dinosaurs, other animals, etc. Same for other tundra covered areas. And what about evidence (sand, sea creature remnants) that for several hundred miles inland in the US, it is clear that it was at one time ocean floor. 

Do the anthropomorphic climate change pushers mean to tell us that all of those changes over millions of years were caused by humans? 

I know this is not the right thread but it just gets me that people buy into this.

Now if they want to talk about pollution reduction, I'm all for it. But then they would need to tax corporations instead of the little people. Also, I believe I have seen graphs showing that carbon dioxide is no longer tracking temperature and CO2 is now off the charts. So, it can't be the cause of the so-called warming. Plus plants and trees love CO2. What if CO2 rises because we keep cutting down the trees and clearing land. What if it's a way to accelerate growth to make up for the loss. Or what if it's a built-in way to increase oxygen levels since that's what plants produce and that will improve air quality. 

And does anyone think about why warming would be concentrated around a pole? Nope because they are geocentric. Nevermind the impact of the cosmos.

We just don't know. One thing I do know is that taxes on people are not going to improve it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here. /rant

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kandescent said:

From Foop's article:

For beginners, over the past 10,000 years Earth has been the Goldilocks planet, not too hot, not too cold, as temperature has been steady, fluctuating by only about 1°C. So, everything the human species has done has been within a very narrow, and almost perfect temperature range (Source: Richard Alley, professor of geosciences, Penn State University, PBS Interview). In other words, civilization is like a spoiled child that has been protected and shielded from the reality of a rough and tumble world.

So, what about prior to 10,000 years ago, which is a very small period of time? Also, there is more than the human species here.

Remarkably, calculating the absolute change in temperature value, whilst ignoring the relative, a rise from 1°C to 2°C above pre-industrial is a 100% increase over the current 1°C overshoot. A 100% change of anything is huge; it’s like two Empire State Buildings stacked one atop another.

Scientists are in agreement, heaven forbid, 2°C will flood coastal cities like Miami, but wait a minute, Miami Beach is already raising streets by 2 feet because of tidal surges way above normal. Yet, the planet hasn’t even hit the deadly 2°C yet… Oops! Somebody must be miscalculating.

Surprise, surprise, there’s already evidence of anomalous flooding in America, e.g. check out North Carolina’s Outer Bank, down to 25% of original width in some areas (Source: Rising Seas: Will the Outer Banks Survive? National Geographic, July 24th, 2014- See photos of houses moving inland).

And, does anyone ever think about all of those ancient cities that are currently submerged? Did their carbon taxes fail? Did they also cause the waters to flood? And what about the fact that the Arctic was at one (probably several times) a temperate climate with green vegetation, dinosaurs, other animals, etc. Same for other tundra covered areas. And what about evidence (sand, sea creature remnants) that for several hundred miles inland in the US, it is clear that it was at one time ocean floor. 

Do the anthropomorphic climate change pushers mean to tell us that all of those changes over millions of years were caused by humans? 

I know this is not the right thread but it just gets me that people buy into this.

Now if they want to talk about pollution reduction, I'm all for it. But then they would need to tax corporations instead of the little people. Also, I believe I have seen graphs showing that carbon dioxide is no longer tracking temperature and CO2 is now off the charts. So, it can't be the cause of the so-called warming. Plus plants and trees love CO2. What if CO2 rises because we keep cutting down the trees and clearing land. What if it's a way to accelerate growth to make up for the loss. Or what if it's a built-in way to increase oxygen levels since that's what plants produce and that will improve air quality. 

And does anyone think about why warming would be concentrated around a pole? Nope because they are geocentric. Nevermind the impact of the cosmos.

We just don't know. One thing I do know is that taxes on people are not going to improve it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here. /rant

They don't stop to think - land averages about 1.6SG - so not a great deal heavier than water, and we now know, all the surface of the planet is floating on semi-fluid lower layers...

Therefore, as either land or ocean goes up or down, all the areas around move in unison so as everything stays in balance.

Then, if we take in Churchward's theory proven in many quarters) that deep down the continents and plates are sitting on massive gas domes (which exit via volcanoes), then these domes can expand or collapse - hence we can have major continental movements up or down.

• Like 3

War Crimes Proposal Would Help U.N. Build Cases on Syria

SOMINI SENGUPTA        DEC. 20, 2016

"UNITED NATIONS — Diplomats are making an unusual push to enable the United Nations to collect, preserve and analyze evidence of war crimes in Syria and prepare cases for a tribunal that could be convened sometime in the future.

The proposal is to be put up for a vote in the 193-member United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday. Its chances of passage are unclear.

There is no dearth of accusations of crimes. In no other conflict have so many atrocities been so widely seen and shared via social media, including pictures of starving children denied food aid in Madaya, photographs that indicate torture in government prisons and videos of health workers treating victims of chemical warfare.

The atrocities have continued with seeming impunity. The International Criminal Court, whose reason for being is to try the worst perpetrators of the world’s worst war crimes, has no jurisdiction over Syria, which is not a member of the court. Efforts by the United Nations Security Council to refer the conflict in Syria to the court have been blocked by Russia. Nor is there any appetite at the moment, while the war is still raging, to set up a special tribunal.

The proposal being circulated in the General Assembly seeks to create what it calls an “international, impartial and independent mechanism” to prepare cases that could be tried in a national or international court."

snip

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/world/middleeast/syria-war-crimes.html?mabReward=A1&recp=0&moduleDetail=recommendations-0&action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&region=Footer

U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop Jewish settlement 

Dec. 23, 2016     Carol Morello and Ruth Eglash

"The U.N. Security Council on Friday passed a resolution demanding that Israel cease Jewish settlement activity on Palestinian territory in a unanimous vote that passed when the United States abstained rather than using its veto as it has reliably done in the past.

The resolution declares settlements constructed on land Israel has occupied since the 1967 war, including in East Jerusalem, to have “no legal validity.” It said settlements threaten the viability of the two-state solution, and it urged Israelis and Palestinians to return to negotiations that will lead to two independent nations.

The United States’ abstention Friday was a rare rebuke to Israel, and it reflected mounting frustration in the Obama administration over settlement growth that the United States considers an obstacle to peace. With President Obama’s time in office due to end in barely a month, his decision not to veto was a last-minute symbolic statement of that displeasure and a sense of exasperation that the time has come for two states to be carved out of the contested land.

The administration’s move also defied Donald Trump’s call on Thursday for the United States to veto the resolution. The incoming Trump administration has signaled that there will be a shift in U.S. policy toward Israel, a point the president-elect hammered home about an hour after Friday’s vote when he tweeted, “As to the U.N., things will be different after Jan. 20th.”

Trump has supported moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. He has appointed David Friedman, a bankruptcy lawyer who believes Israelis should annex and settle the West Bank, as the next U.S. ambassador to Israel."  

snip

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-declines-to-veto-un-security-council-resolution-for-israel-to-stop-jewish-settlement-activity/2016/12/23/cd4efe72-c939-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.33724ba5468f

After UN vote, Kerry suggests Israel's West Bank foray spawning 'terrorism'

Dec. 24, 2016

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/24/after-un-veto-kerry-suggests-israels-west-bank-foray-spawning-terrorism.html  

• Like 6

U.S. - U.N. relationship may be headed for rocky waters

Pamela Falk       Jan. 11, 2017

"Antonio Guterres was elected the ninth United Nations secretary general by consensus of 193 nations, and with unusual agreement by the United States and Russia. He began work January 1, vowing a “surge for peace” and much-needed reform of the bloated bureaucracy at the U.N, a body that’s seen as doing much good, but that’s failed in recent years to resolve the world’s most intractable conflicts.

On Tuesday, in his first formal appearance as the U.N.’s CEO, he told a packed Security Council chamber, “We must rebalance our approach to peace and security. For decades, this has been dominated by responding to conflict.”

The former refugee chief and Portuguese prime minister said the reforms he’s setting in motion will be able to “prevent war and sustain peace.” And, he said, nations must “strengthen the credibility and authority of the United Nations.”

At the same time, because of a December Security Council resolution condemning Israeli West Bank settlements, made possible by the abstention of the outgoing Obama administration, a bipartisan group in Congress is considering cutting the U.S. financial contribution to the U.N. Both the House of Representatives and Senate voted to condemn the Council vote.

Complaints about the U.N., including those by President-elect Trump, are not new, but divisions between Moscow and Washington haven’t been as pronounced since the 1970s. That’s created stalemates over some of the largest recent conflicts, including those in Syria and Yemen, and undermined the world body’s credibility."

snip

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-un-relationship-may-be-headed-for-rocky-waters/

• Like 5

Mass grave of Syrian soldiers found at school in E. Aleppo, militants’ former HQ – Syria UN envoy

20 Jan, 2017

Source:  RT    https://www.rt.com/news/374347-aleppo-syria-attack-un/

A mass grave with the bodies of 23 Syrian soldiers has been discovered at a school in eastern Aleppo while the army combs neighborhoods previously held by opposition forces, according to Syria envoy to the UN.

“I would like to inform you that after the liberation of the eastern areas of Aleppo, Syrian authorities have found 23 bodies in Muhaddassa school, located in the of Es-Sukkar area of Aleppo. They were servicemen of the Syrian Army,” permanent representative of Syria to the UN Munzer Munzer stated in a letter addressed to the UN secretary-general and the Security Council, as cited by RIA Novosti.

According to the diplomat, the Syrian authorities were able to identify 20 soldiers. The school is known to have been used by Syrian opposition forces as their base.

“The school was used as headquarters of the Levant Front [or al-Sham Front] armed group,” or its Dawn of Islam Brigade, which the coalition forces consider a “moderate opposition” force.

Munzer said that another 37 corpses had recently been found in the same area of the liberated city. The identification procedures are currently taking place, yet the process is difficult as the bodies had been brutally mutilated.

Snip

• Like 5

www.thedailysheeple.comdeath-af8b8a19b84

The Genocide That Is Being Ignored by The World

January 18, 2017 

Source:  https://therealstrategy.com/the-genocide-that-is-being-ignored-by-the-world/#

By Darius Shahtahmasebi

If you need evidence that politicians and the mainstream media pick and choose which oppressive conflicts to cover in order to further geopolitical ambitions, you need only Google “West Papua.”

Ever heard of it? Have you ever been sitting at home watching CNN, BBC, or Fox News and heard the news anchor mention West Papua? It’s strange that this oppression receives little to no media coverage considering a recent fact-finding mission conducted by the Brisbane Archdiocese’s Catholic Justice and Peace Commission reported  that West Papua was experiencing a “slow motion genocide.” The report warned West Papua’s indigenous population is at risk of becoming “an anthropological museum exhibit of a bygone culture.”

When you learn what fuels the conflict in West Papua, it becomes clear why this issue receives hardly a blink from home to one of the world’s largest and media establishment.

West Papua is home to one of the world’s largest gold mines (and third largest copper mine), known as the Grasberg Mine. Grasberg is majority-owned by the American mining firm Freeport McMoRan. It has reserves worth an estimated $100 billion, and the company is Indonesia’s biggest taxpayer.

Money and geopolitics usually beat out human rights. Since the Suharto dictatorship of Indonesia annexed West Papua in a 1969 U.N. referendum – largely viewed as a land grab – an estimated 500,000 West Papuans have been killed fighting to achieve independence.

Freeport McMoRan was given rights to Grasberg when the Indonesian government signed the right to extract mineral wealth from the site in 1967. In order to preserve this quite literal gold mine, the Indonesian military uses brute force against the local indigenous population. Benny Wenda, a native Papuan who has campaigned his whole life for independence, details the kinds of experiences the local population has endured at the hands of the Indonesian military:

“Now, every morning on the way to their gardens, Benny and his mother and aunties would be stopped and checked by Indonesian soldiers. Often the soldiers would force the women to wash themselves in the river before brutally raping them in front of their children. Many young women, including three of Benny’s aunties, died in the jungle from the trauma and injuries inflicted during these attacks, which often involved genital mutilation. Every day Papuan women had to report to the military post to provide food from their gardens, and to clean and cook for the soldiers. Violence, racism and enforced subservience became part of daily routine.” [emphasis added]

Australia, a country with a cozy, albeit confusing relationship with Indonesia, plays its part in destroying any decent discussion on this horrifying issue. In November of last year, the Indonesian government asked Australia to put pressure on the Pacific nations who have begun to show support for West Papua’s campaign for independence, effectively stopping these tiny islands from “interfering” in Indonesia’s affairs. Australia has been quite complicit in this issue to date, even providing the Indonesian military with the equipment necessary to wreak havoc on the local population.

Lately, however, there has been some progress. The two countries suspended military ties after an Indonesian military official found “offensive” material at an Australian military base, including homework that suggested West Papua was part of Melanesia and should be given independence.

Regardless, Papua has the highest poverty rate  in Indonesia. It is nearly three times the national average. It also has the highest infant, child, and maternal mortality rates in Indonesia, as well as the worst health indicators and the lowest literacy rates.

Imagine how greatly the West Papuans could improve their standard of living if they were allowed to control their own resources without the Indonesian military forcibly destroying their lives.

Meanwhile, an American mining company continues to make hundreds of billions of dollars at the expense of innocent natives.

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

Contributed by The Anti-Media of theantimedia.org.

• Like 4

BOOM! Netanyahu cuts funding to the UN

March 30, 2017     

"Netanyahu explained that he’s started cutting Israel’s dues to the UN because of the way they’ve been treating Israel. Here’s what he tweeted:

Prime Minister Netanyahu: "I am not prepared to pay for and finance the attacks against us at the UN. We are changing the rules."
4:50 AM - 30 Mar 2017

PM: There are venomous attacks against us at the UN and therefore, I have already directed that $ 6-7 million be cut from our UN dues.
4:51 AM - 30 Mar 2017

PM Netanyahu: After the vote in the UN Human Rights Council, I decided to cut another $2 million.
4:52 AM - 30 Mar 2017

This considerable sum, almost 40 million NIS, will be transferred to the Foreign Ministry, which is doing exceptional work.
4:53 AM - 30 Mar 2017

PM: @IsraelMFA will use it to develop our relations with countries that want to be close to Israel and are cultivating friendship with it.
4:54 AM - 30 Mar 2017

From what I’ve read Israel pays 11 million in dues:

FOX NEWS – Israel has announced it’s reducing its payments to U.N. institutions following recent “anti-Israel” votes.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon said Wednesday’s decision was taken following votes critical of Israel at the Human Rights Council. Nahshon says Israel is cutting “2 million dollars from its U.N. dues, given the anti-Israel votes at UNHRC. The money will be used for development projects in countries” that support Israel in international organizations.

He says the cut is from annual payment of about $11 million.

snip

http://therightscoop.com/boom-netanyahu-cuts-funding-to-the-un/

• Like 4