The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Arc

Bitcoin Was Created By DARPA

Bitcoin: Revolutionary Game-Changer Or Trojan Horse?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/02/bitcoin-savior-trojan-horse.html

Excerpt:

As Kaminska explains (boldface mine):

Central bankers, after all, have had an explicit interest in introducing e-money from the moment the global financial crisis began…

Bitcoin has helped to de-stigmatise the concept of a cashless society by generating the perception that digital cash can be as private and anonymous as good old fashioned banknotes. It’s also provided a useful test-run of a digital system that can now be adopted universally by almost any pre-existing value system.

This is important because, in the current economic climate, the introduction of a cashless society empowers central banks greatly. A cashless society, after all, not only makes things like negative interest rates possible [background here, here, here and here], it transfers absolute control of the money supply to the central bank, mostly by turning it into a universal banker that competes directly with private banks for public deposits. All digital deposits become base money.

Consequently, anyone who believes Bitcoin is a threat to fiat currency misunderstands the economic context. Above all, they fail to understand that had central banks had the means to deploy e-money earlier on, the crisis could have been much more successfully dealt with.

Among the key factors that prevented them from doing so were very probable public hostility to any attempt to ban outright cash, the difficulty of implementing and explaining such a transition to the public, the inability to test-run the system before it was deployed.

Last and not least, they would have been concerned about displacing conventional banks from their traditional deposit-taking role, and in so doing inadvertently worsening the liquidity crisis and financial panic before improving it…

The arguments are in the comment section.. lol.

Well, it just seems interesting to me that they are floating the idea of having the Postal Service become a bank, and deal in bitcoin, AS this financial crisis is prepping for some sort of alleged reset. 

• Like 4

Well intetesting. Inevitable. Currency based on who you are instead of what you do. Currency that actually measures your biofrequency and applies value to it would be best...but ifeel this is a good step. The technology is here, the governance of socio-political mandates will have to be adjusted, but we must have a localized method of keeping track of the new barter/woek trade sysyem

• Like 2

Suuzzaannee,

I'm not sure what you mean, at all.  Sorry.

Could you explain that sentence by sentence?

One theory floating around out there is that the people in the know are selling on one side, (stock market) and 'friends' are manipulating the news to drive BTC down, to buy it on the cheap, and then, before the S hits the fan, BAM up goes BTC, and the game repeats.

Same say that BTC levels the playing field so that this won't happen with BTC.  Except that 12M of the 21M BTC were already sold before regular people could buy them.. meaning, 1/2 of the BTC avail were already 'owned')...   So, no, NOT LEVEL.  Thinking about that, if a guy has 25% of all BTC, he could crash it easy... and manipulate it up or down to buy or sell..  rigged game.. . all the way..

So who ends up 'controlling' the price of what's left?

There appears to be a bit of an argument between two 'old friends' about charting BTC.

Here's old friend #1's take on it:

http://urbansurvival.com/2014/02/14/coping-bitcoins-and-wave-counts-part-ii/

(It's boring till after about half way through it) .

And here is what appears to be a rebuttal by old friend #2:

www.halfpasthuman.com

hph analytics updates:
Analyzing cryptocurrencies with the 'tools' developed for debt-based, fiat (central bankster controlled) currencies will fail, as cryptocurrencies are 'frictionless', unlike debt based fiat, and bitcoin (unique (so far) among cryptocurrencies) has the 'network effect', again, not found within fiat, central controlled anything. Therefore projections made from such tools against cryptocurrencies are just as useful in the real world as an economics degree. (2.14.2014)

Psychic focus lady said the people in the know would get out of everything by Easter..   

• Like 3

In the meantime, Mt.Gox customers who doubt they'll ever recover their bitcoins have begun selling the rights to them at a steep discount. Those account holders have found willing buyers among speculators who believe that Mt.Gox will indeed make good on its obligations.

The speculators could make big profits: As of midday Wednesday, the rights to Mt.Gox bitcoins were selling for around $265 each. On well-functioning exchanges, the price was around $636 per bitcoin.

The difference is that on normal exchanges, paying $636 will put you in immediate possession of a Bitcoin. With Mt.Gox, speculators are paying for the rights to the bitcoins locked up there whenever -- if ever -- the ban on withdrawals is lifted.

If Mt.Gox is able to make account holders whole, those speculators will be able to sell their Mt.Gox bitcoins at the prevailing market price. If Mt.Gox can't make good on its obligations, those investors will be left with nothing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/speculators-look-cash-bitcoin-crisis-121900489.html

• Like 3

Even If Your Transaction Is Totally Legal, The Feds Can Still Take Your Bitcoins Away From You

With very few exceptions, cash is cash and it's yours to keep if you choose.

This is not the case for Bitcoin, the anonymous digital currency.

Because it's possible to trace how individual Bitcoins move around the network, federal agencies may be able to link them to an illegal source, such as a Silk Road transaction. If tainted coins should travel around the network and ultimately end up in your hands (even legitimately), this means the Feds can swoop in to grab your digital money.

http://www.businessinsider.com/can-the-government-seize-bitcoins-2014-2

• Like 4

that rustling sound you hear is the astro-glide coming out  -- because the other shoe hasn't quite fallen yet!

• Like 3

Okla. surgeon accepting Bitcoin for payment

Andrew Donley

February 22, 2014

"OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (CNN) – Heard of Bitcoin? The virtual currency is described as “cash” for the internet and it’s gaining popularity.

One woman who has heard of it is Susan Hamilton.

Hamilton knows you can use a Bitcoin to pay for online games, but was taken by surprise when she heard the cyber money can now be used to pay for surgeries in Oklahoma.

Doctor Keith Smith who runs the Surgery Center of Oklahoma says Bitcoins are now accepted as a way for their patients to pay their bill.

“If a patient offered to pay in Bitcoin then I would accept it. I believe it’s becoming more mainstream and much more accepted,” Dr. Smith said.

Bitcoins work like ATMs. In fact, there are new ATM machines to purchase the virtual currency, Bitcoin.

There are different apps and vendors that sell the virtual currency. But many are asking, how do you get them?

Let’s say one Bitcoin costs $500 dollars, you deposit the amount of money online or in an ATM for one Bitcoin worth 500 bucks.

snip

http://khon2.com/2014/02/22/okla-surgeon-accepting-bitcoin-for-payment/

• Like 3

BOSTON (Reuters) - Cyber criminals have infected hundreds of thousands of computers with a virus called "Pony" to steal bitcoins and other digital currencies, in the most ambitious cyber attack on virtual money uncovered so far, according to security firm Trustwave.

Trustwave said on Monday that it has found evidence that the operators of a cybercrime ring known as the Pony botnet have stolen some 85 virtual "wallets" that contained bitcoins and other types of digital currencies. The firm said it did not know how much digital currency was contained in the wallets.

"It is the first time we saw such a widespread presence of this type of malware. It was on hundreds of thousands of machines," said Ziv Mador, security research director with Chicago-based Trustwave.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/39-pony-39-botnet-steals-bitcoins-digital-currencies-184018917--sector.html

• Like 4

Feb 24 (Reuters) - Alabama's securities regulator said he will issue an alert on Tuesday, cautioning consumers and investors to stop trading on bitcoin exchanges or adding to their accounts if they are having trouble redeeming the digital currency or cashing out.

Joseph Borg, director of the Alabama Securities Commission, said he decided to issue the alert after reviewing dozens of complaints from around the United States from consumers who are unable to withdraw their money from bitcoin exchanges

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/24/usa-bitcoin-alabama-idUSL1N0LT1ZJ20140224

• Like 4

Could it be that someone took the money and ran?  --

more problems for the crypto-currency

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/website-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox-offline-amid-theft-reports-n37896

OMG, I just saw this!! 

It swung last night from $418 to $493 now. 

I don't think it's going away anytime soon though, just a setback by some of the nefarium out there.

Here is an interesting take on it from psychic focus lady:

Combined issue reading:

full posting here:

http://www.psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2014/02/electrical-substation-attack-in-san.html

I also get that we don't actually possess enough gold to be able to repay China what we owe them and that is why this counterfeit gold was created in the first place.  If we were to audit our gold reserves, we only have a fraction of what the people think we have, and we need to hold onto what we have for an emergency.  I hear the phrase that we are in the "red zone" and then I see a gas tank that is on "E." We just don't have it (referring to the gold) to give.

When I ask when will this happen, I don't get a date, but rather I see a Christmas tree.  It looks to me to be December 2014 or early 2015 which is significant to a financial timeline that I see in my mind. (I will go into that in a minute.)

Q. What is the significance of Christmastime and the Financial Timeline? 

A. This roots back to gold, silver, bitcoin and the collapse of the dollar.  Right now paper gold and silver stock are flooding the market.  This is being done to suppress the true value of physical gold and silver.  So while the paper stocks are being issued the wealthy are able to purchase large amounts of gold and silver as a way to preserve their wealth once the dollar inevitably collapses.  I also see bitcoin being profitable because wealthy people have to put their money somewhere and transfer their wealth from dollars to something that will be of value.

bitcoin.jpgThis stockpiling of gold, silver and bitcoin is happening now, but I am looking for a bigger plan (in my mind).  I again see the Christmas tree directing me to Christmas 2014 to early 2015.  It looks like the dollar will be collapsing at that time and the stock market will reflect this.  At that time gold and silver will reach a value that is much more true, and bitcoin will also stabilize.  People have to put their money somewhere solid because the dollar will not be trusted or secure.

Q. How does China play into all this?  Why hasn't this made mainstream media?

China is also aware of this situation with the dollar, and already does not want to accept it.  They are trying to collect debts in gold and stockpiling gold awaiting the inevitable collapse of the dollar.  As soon as the dollar falters out, China wants to step in and be the controller of the Worlds currency.  In order to do that, they have to have a surplus of gold to prove they can take on that challenge.  I see the UN and IMF being highly involved, but China wants to facilitate the currency. The UN and IMF serves as a checks and balances system.

That is why China is so angry, and also why this is out of the media.  China doesn't want to admit that they were fooled, or that perhaps a portion of their gold isn't really gold.  They are furious and want this rectified or they are threatening consequences.

America doesn't want the media involved because they don't want to create hysteria.  They can't protect against everything, and are waiting this out.

Q. How does the the currency transition to the UN / IMF and China when the dollar fails?

A The UN/IMF looks to create a world currency, but in doing so they want it backed directly to gold.  This is where China steps in because they have the surplus of gold to back this new world currency.  When they audit us, we aren't able to produce the amount of gold needed to back a world currency, and the power shifts to China.

During this transition I see bitcoin starting strong, but as soon as this new currency is introduced, people flock to it because it is stable.  I see bitcoin start to fizzle out at that time. The new currency has a true backing.  Bitcoin is only valuable to those people and businesses that accept it, but there is no tangible asset behind it.  People are drawn to the hard backed money after witnessing what the dollar does. People will feel they need the assurance of something solid and don't hold a long term faith in bitcoin.

• Like 2

http://news.yahoo.com/bitcoin-exchange-m...ector.html

TOKYO (Reuters) - Mt. Gox, once the world's biggest bitcoin exchange, looked to have essentially disappeared on Tuesday, with its website down, its founder unaccounted for and a Tokyo office empty bar a handful of protesters saying they had lost money investing in the virtual currency.

The digital marketplace operator, which began as a venue for trading cards, had surged to the top of the bitcoin world, but critics - from rival exchanges to burned investors - said Mt. Gox had long been lax over its security.

It was not clear what has become of the exchange, which this month halted withdrawals indefinitely after detecting "unusual activity." A global bitcoin organization referred to the exchange's "exit," while angry investors questioned whether it was still solvent.

• Like 3

U.S. prosecutors investigating bitcoin businesses: source

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Manhattan U.S. Attorney has sent subpoenas to numerous companies that do business with Mt. Gox and other bitcoin exchanges to seek information on how they handled recent cyber attacks, a source familiar with the probe said on Wednesday.

The office of Preet Bharara subpoenaed Mt. Gox and other businesses to get a better understanding of the nature of the cyber attacks and how the exchanges dealt with them. A spokesman for Bharara declined to comment.

A second source familiar with the case said U.S. federal law enforcement is investigating Mt. Gox, which halted customer withdrawals on February 7 in response to what it termed "unusual activity." On Tuesday, the exchange went dark, leaving customers unable to recover their funds.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-prosecutors-investigating-bitcoin-businesses-151635667.html

• Like 3

Very good article.

Bitcoin - Did We Tell You So?

By Staff Report - February 26, 2014

http://thedailybell.com/news-analysis/35062/Bitcoin-Did-We-Tell-You-So/

Dominant Social Theme: Bitcoin, better than gold.

Free-Market Analysis: Mt. Gox, the bitcoin exchange, is gone and bitcoin closed under US$500 today, which is nowhere near its high. More importantly, many questions have arisen ... and the answers as we are seeing are not necessarily positive.

We don't take any great pleasure in what's happening to bitcoin, but we did predict a great deal of it.

It wasn't much fun, however. For taking a skeptical view of bitcoin, we've been excoriated by some of our libertarian friends on the web. We apparently angered people just for asking questions at a time when bitcoin boosterism was at its height, over a year ago.

------------------------------------------------------------

We asked lots of questions and floated a variety of suspicions.

One suspicion, for instance, that bitcoin was not entirely secure, has been borne out with the takedown of Silk Road.

Our idea that it might be a kind of dominant social theme – an establishment set-up – also seems plausible given endorsements of bitcoin by some of the most powerful figures in the US monetary establishment, including Ben Bernanke.

Just yesterday, at the height of the Mt. Gox hysteria, came word that Larry Summers had kind things to say about bitcoin. According to Summers, the virtual currency "has the potential to be a very, very important development."

We also pointed out that bitcoin's currently obscured blockchain is indecipherable, but it may not be in a decade.

Who knows how technology changes anonymity over time?

The late doyenne of alternative currencies, UNESCO's Margrit Kennedy, was preaching LETS trading systems – with similarities to bitcoin – that are backed enthusiastically by her former UN employer ... probably because they also demand a general ledger. This is most helpful, of course, when the government wants to investigate for non-payment of taxes, etc.

Finally, It always seemed to us that gold and silver were perfectly good alternatives to a wretchedly complex digital system. Granted, they are not as directly fungible as bitcoin, but they've been around for millennia. That's more than bitcoin's few years.

Here are some of the articles we wrote about bitcoin:

Bitcoin, Hoping for the Best After Bernanke's Endorsement

Bitcoin Interview: How a Government Partnership Will Build a Bright Future

Arrest of Shrem Occurs Amidst Levels of Injustice

Bitcoin, Con or Not?

Questions About Bitcoin ...

The Pure Fiat Con – Every Transaction Available for Official Scrutiny

This last article was received with special vituperation at Reddit (where most government programs – and promotions – arrive for validation) and at Bitcointalk.

Here are some Reddit/bitcoin observations from a year ago. Bear in mind Mt. Gox has just shut down with some US$400 million in liabilities, and those losses will apparently be borne by customers. Mt. Gox seems to be claiming it was the victim of a vast, successful hack. That comes on the heels of the Silk Road bitcoin hack – especially embarrassing because the FBI was already in charge.

• Anonymity is an overall non-issue ...
  • The general suspicion surrounding Bitcoin's creation doesn't stand up well to examination of the technical implementation.
  • Yes, Bitcoin requires you know how to use a computer and to cover your tracks. Boo fucking hoo, grow up and learn how to use modern technology.
  • The reason why Bitcoin can be valuable in circumstances where gold cannot is, how do you pay somebody geographically distant from you in gold?
  • Article is frightened of what will happen when "master turns off the electricity switch" ... Unless you can disable the entire, global internet then my bitcoin will still exist at my address.
  • So let's call a kettle black. You know zero about how the system works. You're frightened of the rumors and noises you've heard in the dark

And then, finally, this:

• Get over your knee jerks. You should read the article. The Daily Bell has done an incredible job of exposing what may be the real agenda behind these systems – LETS, social credit, mutual credit, bitcoin, etc.

Thanks, anonymous person. We wish there were more skepticism and less enthusiasm when it came to the endless outpouring of false flags produced by globalists.

Of course, bitcoin may not be that. It may be exactly what it is said to be by its supporters. And, in fact, it may rebound as it has before (doubtless, this time with the help of government regulators) to become a regulated success. But it likely won't be what it what promised to be, not anymore than Paypal, or even Google.

From our perspective the almost inevitable takeover of bitcoin by the power elite seems to render it a less-than-inspiring investment. We've focused on marijuana lately because we understand it. The benefits of the herb are plentiful and have been written about through the ages.

~snip~

Conclusion

Electronic – digital – currencies may indeed be the proverbial wave of the future. But we would urge readers to be prudently diversified, and not to forget about gold and silver. Those metals have been "money" for a good deal longer than digital alternatives.

• Like 6

Just FYI:

hph analytics updates:

ACK! ACK! Presstitutes run amok! MT Gox arbitrage dyspepsia now gone. Bitcoin channel vid. Bitcoin proving itself antifragile. Bitcoin to harness that looong wave up? (3.1.2014)

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/

Laaadies and Gennaminsss,

Round 4 of the War against the STATUS QUO

Gets yer tickets and takes yer seats!

<============In dis corner you have Paper Fiat and Promises of Reset and possibly maybe debt free, except where prohibit by powers beyond the realm or evisceration perceived doom of your choice

=================> In dat corner you have Digi Fiat and Promises of Freedom and Volatility and grrrrreat wealth, unless the same thing happens over in the other corner.

*ding!*

• Like 5

Update at www.halfpasthuman.com

hph analytics updates:

So, you missed getting in on the 'ground floor' as a Bitcoin miner....and maybe even missed the whole 'bitcoin' early adopter phase....but no worries....universe provides...

ETHEREUM with the 'ether' coin.

i had been working (on/with) getting local tribes to act as a back-end DB server to my idea of a global registrar. Now with the advent of the Ethereum distributed DB, and the C(like) language, i will port the existing work over to this new platform/protocol as our global back-end validated by all humanity. Then off to the all-night development with other work to run on the Ethereum blockchain (spine of the new global self organizing collective of involved, aware terran humans working to change things for the better around/underneath TBN (The Big Nasties = big gov, big money, big religion, big banks, big war). So, if you felt left out of Bitcoin...grab a piece of the Ether for yourself and join the Solutions SOC. (March 2, 2014)

• Like 1

Didn't see this posted, so will do so.

From February 28, 2014

By Robin Sidel, Eleanor Warnock and Takashi Mochizuki 

Almost Half a Billion Worth of Bitcoins Vanish

"Mt. Gox, once the dominant exchange for bitcoin trading, on Friday said more than $470 million of the virtual vanished from its digital coffers, kicking into high gear a search for the missing money by victims and cybersleuths.

Acting alone and in groups, the people stepped up their efforts after Mt. Gox filed for bankruptcy protection in Japan and 

confirmed rumors it had lost almost 750,000 of its customers' bitcoins as well as roughly 100,000 of its own."

snip

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303801304579410010379087576?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303801304579410010379087576.html%3Fmod%3DWSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

• Like 3

Another Bitcoin Bank "Loses" Its Deposits

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-04/another-bitcoin-bank-loses-its-deposits

Just six days after proudly proclaiming that it was unscathed by the Mt.Gox debacle, another Bitcoin bank - Flexcoin - has admitted that it will be forced to close after hackers stole 896 bitcoin, worth around $600,000, in an attack on Sunday. As The Guardian reports, the company shut its website and posted a statement on Tuesday morning detailing the loss..."as Flexcoin does not have the resources, assets, or otherwise to come back from this loss, we are closing our doors immediately."

Six days ago:

We hold zero coins in other companies, exchanges etc. While the MtGox closure is unfortunate, we at Flexcoin have not lost anything.

— flexcoin (@flexcoin) February 25, 2014

And today:

Flexcoin will be shutting its doors.

http://t.co/SoigZa3WtS

— flexcoin (@flexcoin) March 4, 2014

=======================

Rest in peace, Autumn Radtke, we’ll miss you

American Autumn Radke in Singapore, CEO of First Meta.  Like Mt. Gox, another gamer turned bitcoin exchanger.  Her death was first said to be suicide in early reports but now it is said police are investigating it.  

http://www.techinasia.com/meta-ceo-autumn-radkte-commited-suicide/

It would appear she moved in high circles, here is her tumblr page with a picture of her and Richard Branson.  It also has an article about funding for her exchange from Forbes in 2012:

http://autumnradtke.tumblr.com/

• Like 4

Ok i admit that my last post on this omehwta tongue in cheek  post may have stirred some enthusiasm- to no avail... :)  I am always looking for the silver lining and the alternative to the crap that is being provided for us. I mean clearly... mother of god... do we really need yet another method of keeping tabs on us and how we spend???!!! but they will have it. to our friends who do not yet have a means to control their self administration of energy... well that is several hundreds of years from now and so we need to develop a means of transtion to that elevated space... SUCH AS: BRAINWAVE readings!!!Hello Washington... Put in the Bit coin a means of reading brainwaves and you will have the rate at which humans and hybrids are assimialtimg information- and God forbid that you penalize thoes who excel because they will hide it from you and you will miss the genius that is latent in them... just sayin... wake the frack up.... ;)  DO you want the truth or just what they will provide as prevoked? Does anyone remember the lesson of the girl with the red cloak and the Sun and Wind? 8)

• Like 1