Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breezy

SPACE X

40 posts in this topic

I'm going to start this thread off with a couple videos, and hope for it to continue with info about Elon Musk, what happened to NASA, etc.

Falcon Heavy Test Flight

"Crazy things can come true" Starman Elon Musk celebrates successful Falcon Heavy rocket launch

2 people like this

SPACEX'S 'STARMAN' MISSES MARS ORBIT, HEADS TO ASTEROID BELT

Feb. 8, 2018  Nicole Mortillaro

"It was a launch to remember: on Tuesday, SpaceX's Falcon Heavy soared into the sky from Cape Canaveral, Fla., with a mannequin headed for Mars in a red Tesla Roadster. But the booster fired the car and passenger — "Starman" — into a different orbit, and it turns out he's going a little farther than expected

"That was epic," SpaceX founder and chief executive Elon Musk said after the launch. "The most exciting thing I've ever seen, literally."

While it was a perfect launch, not everything went off as planned. The two side boosters returned to the Kennedy Space Center landing pads in a ballet-like move, which Musk said looked "so ridiculous and impossible." 

But the centre booster, which was to land on the floating platform off the coast, missed its target and slammed into the ocean at 500 km/h, with shrapnel taking out the cameras and damaging the platform. 

The two boosters that landed aren't going to be used, he said, and there were no plans to reuse the one that was lost.

snip

Starman has some goodies with him, including a copy of science fiction author Isaac Asimov's Foundation, a Hot Wheels Tesla Roadster — with a tiny Starman of its own — and a plaque with the names of SpaceX employees. 

'Don't Panic'
There's also message on the dashboard with the words, "Don't Panic," a nod to sci-fi writer Douglas Adams's book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And on a circuit board appear the words, "Made on Earth by humans." Starman is listening to David Bowie's Space Oddity as he cruises the solar system.

snip

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/spacex-starman-1.4524624

3 people like this

SpaceX Hid a Second, Secret Payload Aboard Falcon Heavy, And It Sounds Amazing

Peter Dockrill     Feb. 4, 2018

"Designed to last for millions of years

last_image_of_starman_tesla_spacex_1024.

Elon Musk's personal Tesla might have gotten all the headlines during SpaceX's historic rocket launch last week, but the Falcon Heavy also carried a second, secret payload almost nobody knew about.

Stashed inside the midnight-cherry Roadster was a mysterious, small object designed to last for millions (perhaps billions) of years – even in extreme environments like space, or on the distant surfaces of far-flung planetary bodies.

Called an Arch (pronounced 'Ark'), this tiny storage device is built for long-term data archiving, holding libraries of information encoded on a small disc of quartz crystal, not much larger than a coin.

621 spacex tesla secret payload arch

According to Arch Mission Foundation, the California-based nonprofit behind the technology, these Archs could "preserve and disseminate humanity's knowledge across time and space, for the benefit of future generations".

The Arch looks like a shrunk-down DVD or Blu-ray, but its potential for data storage goes way beyond any optical discs you have in your home."

snip

https://www.sciencealert.com/spacex-launched-second-secret-payload-designed-last-millions-years-tesla-arch

4 people like this

Who is Elon Musk?

A close-up of Musk's face while giving a speech

"Elon Reeve Musk (/ˈiːlɒn ˈmʌsk/; born June 28, 1971) is a South African-born Canadian American business magnate, investor,[8][9] engineer,[10] and inventor.[15][16] He is the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; and chairman of SolarCity. In December 2016, he was ranked 21st on the Forbes list of The World's Most Powerful People.[17] As of February 2018, he has a net worth of $20.1 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 53rd richest person in the world.[18]

Born in Pretoria, Musk taught himself computer programming at the age of 12. He moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences. He began a PhD in applied physics and material sciences at Stanford University in 1995 but dropped out after two days to pursue an entrepreneurial career. He subsequently co-founded Zip2, a web software company, which was acquired by Compaq for $340 million in 1999. Musk then founded X.com, an online payment company. It merged with Confinity in 2000 and became PayPal, which was bought by eBay for $1.5 billion in October 2002.[23]

In May 2002 Musk founded SpaceX, an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company, of which he is CEO and lead designer. He co-founded Tesla, Inc., an electric vehicle and solar panel manufacturer, in 2003, and operates as its CEO and product architect. In 2006 he inspired the creation of SolarCity, a solar energy services company that is now a subsidiary of Tesla, and operates as its chairman. In 2015 Musk co-founded OpenAI, a nonprofit research company that aims to promote friendly artificial intelligence, and serves as its co-chair. He co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology company focused on developing brain–computer interfaces, in July 2016 and is its CEO. He founded The Boring Company, an infrastructure and tunnel-construction company, in December 2016."

snip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

Something 'Never Seen' about Elon Musk (2017-2018)

Elon Musk - From Baby to 46 Year Old

Volumes can and will be written about Elon Musk.  So. African born, of a So. African father, and Canadian mother. Holds citizenship to three countries. So. Africa, Canada, and the United States.  That he has connections is without a doubt, but to whom?  There is also no doubt that he's quite intelligent.   Very little is said about his father, but his mother is a model and dietitian, who is currently making history as the new face of Cover Girl at age 69.   He's truly an international man with relatives that are British, American, So. African, and Canadian.

From Wiki

"Early childhood
Musk was born on June 28, 1971, in Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa,[28] the son of Maye Musk (née Haldeman), a model and dietician from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada,[29] and Errol Musk, a South African electromechanical engineer, pilot, and sailor. He has a younger brother, Kimbal (born 1972), and a younger sister, Tosca (born 1974).[33] His paternal grandmother was British, and he also has Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry.[34][35] His maternal grandfather was American, from Minnesota.[36] After his parents divorced in 1980, Musk lived mostly with his father in the suburbs of Pretoria,[34] which Musk chose two years after his parents split up, but now says was "not a good idea".[37] As an adult, Musk has severed relations with his father.[37] He has a half sister.[38]

During his childhood he was an avid reader.[39] At age 10, he developed an interest in computing with the Commodore VIC-20.[40] He taught himself computer programming at the age of 12, sold the code of a BASIC-based video game he created called Blastar, to a magazine called PC and Office Technology, for approximately $500.[41][42] A web version of the game is available online.[41][43] His childhood reading included Isaac Asimov's Foundation series from which he drew the lesson that "you should try to take the set of actions that are likely to prolong civilization, minimize the probability of a dark age and reduce the length of a dark age if there is one."[37]

Musk was severely bullied throughout his childhood,[37] and was once hospitalized when a group of boys threw him down a flight of stairs and then beat him until he lost consciousness.[39][44]

Musk attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School, and Bryanston High School[44] before graduating from Pretoria Boys High School. He moved to Canada in June 1989, just before his 18th birthday,[45] after obtaining Canadian citizenship through his Canadian-born mother."

snip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

3 people like this

Billionaire Elon Musk says he was 'raised by books' and credits his success to these 8

Zameena Mejia    | Marguerite Ward       Nov. 16, 2017

"Earlier this year, SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk made history upon successfully completing the first commercial rocket launch from the NASA launch pad which also sent astronauts to the moon. Although Musk studied physics and economics in college, he actually first learned about rockets by reading books.

In fact, Musk's connection with books goes beyond his latest successes.

"I was raised by books. Books, and then my parents," Musk said in an interview with reporter Neil Strauss for Rolling Stone's latest cover story.

Up until Musk was 8, he lived with both of his parents Maye and Errol Musk in South Africa, Strauss reported. But he did not see them much and mostly lived under the watch of a housekeeper, who Musk said was mainly there to make sure he didn't break anything.

"She wasn't, like, watching me. I was off making explosives and reading books and building rockets and doing things that could have gotten me killed," Musk told the magazine. "I'm shocked that I have all my fingers."

Throughout his childhood, books have played a crucial role in fueling Musk's ambitions. It's said that he read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica at age nine and would pore through science fiction novels for more than 10 hours a day.

When Musk's parents separated, Musk said he felt sad for his father and decided to move with him. In an interview in 2015, Errol told Forbes about how young Elon would have the most fun when reading books.

"Elon has always been an introvert thinker," Errol said. "So where a lot of people would go to a great party and have a great time and drink and talk about all sorts of things like rugby or sport, you would find Elon had found the person's library and was going through their books."

From his adolescence through today, here are eight books that shaped the revolutionary entrepreneur:"
snip  The list is impressive, and it seems he didn't just read them, he retained what he read!

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/16/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-says-he-was-raised-by-books.html

History of SpaceX

"This is a corporate history of SpaceX, an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company founded by Elon Musk

In 2001, Musk conceptualized "Mars Oasis", a project to land a miniature experimental greenhouse containing seeds with dehydrated gel on Mars to grow plants on Martian soil, "so this would be the furthest that life's ever traveled"[1] in an attempt to regain public interest in space exploration and increase the budget of NASA.[2][3][4] But Musk realized that even with a much larger space budget, travel to Mars would be prohibitively expensive without a fundamental breakthrough in rocket technology.[4] In October 2001, Musk travelled to Moscow with Jim Cantrell (an aerospace supplies fixer), and Adeo Ressi (his best friend from college), to buy refurbished ICBMs (Dnepr) that could send the envisioned payloads into space.

The group met with companies such as Lavochkin and ISC Kosmotras. However, according to Cantrell, Musk was seen as a novice and was consequently spat on by one of the Russian chief designers, and the group returned to the US empty-handed.[6] In February 2002, the group returned to Russia to look for three ICBMs, bringing Mike Griffin, who had worked for the CIA's venture capital arm, In-Q-Tel; NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory; and was just leaving Orbital Sciences Corporation, a maker of satellites and spacecraft. "

snip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_SpaceX

In-Q-Tel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-Q-Tel

Elon Musk reminds me of Johnny Five of Short Circuit fame.........."Input  Input"

3 people like this

IDK how much this vid content would be important, and I haven't even checked if the vids were "removed from internet" at all.

But just in case....

Because I hit a few TRIGGER (from SRA related side of the world) words appeared in the vid, which was from the narration made over the Car he had shot up out there (if it really did so....in which no matter whatever the view of it captured, I still believe SOME PAYLOAD WAS SHOT UP AND LEFT IN THE ORBIT, AS THE FINAL KEY/LAST RESORT for something involving him--it can be his ORGANIC info of himself as in DNA or other samples). 

3:46~ on ABC News clip narration:

Blasting David Bowie's tune---6 hrs in loop till the battery died---it was a component of the ritual

Mannequin in Space suit

Knowing the ties we know of Black Ops---Secret Space Ops---Mars Ops---Venus Ops---Jupiter Ops---Saturn Ops and the whole lot of T.I.s issue to the Supersoldiers and the Jump Room story to the Jumpers.......it's time for us to really amalgamate what we had known before to get the bigger pictureS happening simultaneously upon all of us.

This Video About Elon Musk Is Being Deleted On The Internet ? & Michio Kaku Says Something?

(c) NEWS & CONSPIRACY   Posted on: 2018/02/14

3 people like this

@unity  LOL  You had to know that if I started this thread,  I definitely had a reason!  That reason was because my intuition has been telling me for quite a while now that something feels a little off about things.  I was also irritated that Obama had, more or less incapacitated NASA and privatized our country's space program.

I have watched the video you posted, and it seemed to me that Kaku was explaining in the last half, that what Elon had said in his interview at the first part of the video, is not possible. The video is two unrelated interviews, yet related, but you have to listen close. 

My original post is interesting for 2 reasons.  The first video was 49 + minutes originally.  Now it is 34 +minutes.  How is that possible? There's a video below stating they edited the live stream and cut about 15 minutes out of the original.  I know somebody did something to the original,  because I had the 49 min one to post, when I tried to post it, it hung, so I hit refresh, and when it reloaded, it had lost 15 minutes, and I could no longer find the 49 min. video anywhere. The second video, in my original post, was an interview with Elon just after launch, it disappeared within a day, so I removed it and posted a second interview taken at same time, by a diff source.  Within a short time it to was scrubbed from the net.  WHY? There has to be a reason.  Both videos contained certain footage of the launch, could it have been compared to what is now purported to be the original live feed, with the differences able to be seen?  Or is it because Elon made this comment on both of them  "I think it looks so ridiculous and impossible.  You can tell it's real.....because it looks so fake, honestly" .  I had a whole slew of videos-Elon, and just last night realized several of them are gone, and the associated youtube accounts terminated. Again, I have to wonder why those particular videos?  I had watched all of them and don't recall anything that would get them busted. 

Proof SpaceX Changed & Edited Their Live Stream Falcon Heavy Launch 

I have watched multiples of videos with him.  One of the first things I noticed was his So.African accent, as it seems to be missing, and how utterly uncomfortable he is while being interviewed.  He runs 5 companies Tesla, SpaceX, Solar Cities, The Boring Co, Neuralink, and has started a school for his kids, gives numerous interviews, does cameo appearances, and has 5 boys.  Pretty impressive, but when does he have time to breathe?  Everything he touches, seems to turn to gold.   The info out there about him, is pretty general.  Family, etc., but I'd like to know how a kid of 20 or so manages to get the backing he did. What connections did he have?  How did he end up with NASA in his pocket?  Does he lead a "charmed" life?  Was it just "time" for someone like him to come along or what? 

7 people like this

That was an excellent over view, breezy! So glad you were monitoring on the guy. Evidently, my eyes were not over this field (got too much on my plate...lol) so glad that you can match and check to know something really weird had been happening with uploaded vids on him!!

Well, PRIVATIZATION has been utilised by the factions in order for us stopping looking into stuff further.(´×ω×`)

Their first trick was to make it almost impossible for us to ask for dragging out past data/info by applying huge bill to do it...we know that from the Black Voult guy and Missing 411 guy's research processes....

Then in comes a new method of stopping us finding more info.....PRIVATISE THE INFO by letting a public company to keep them. As long as the company is from public, they got go ahead saying anything they want to about what they own....including to say NO for any further info crumbs coming out of the pile.

Away from that, noting that 66 years ago, you can see that Elon's existence was programmed at that time. But I gotta feel that this is programmed waaaay beforehand of that time......

This was ALL MEANT TO BE for some. Carried out neatly even the timing of the conception of the guy in his mother's womb.....

....Can we adopt it to change to what we hope instead? I think we can, as long as we don't give it up.

Personally I feel we got a huge learning to do before ANY of us go out of our way and start living on somewhere else. We gotta make sure to prove it to ourselves that we can retain peace on this planet, so we never carry on with our stupidity to spread in the Universe, unlike our predecessors kept on doing so, and failed the Universe(s) full on.

WE, the Humans, can change the history. Let's make it happen, so WE can start contributing to the Universe(s).

The Mars Project https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mars_Project

(c)Leak Project 2018

5 people like this

WOW unity, that is one video I had not run across yet!  Brain is definitely doing flips.

2 people like this

SpaceX sends Spanish telecom satellite into orbit with 50th Falcon 9 rocket launch

March 5, 2018      Alan Boyle

SpaceX Falcon 9 launch

The Falcon 9 rocket’s red glare looks like a ball of fire as it ascends from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. (SpaceX via YouTube)

"SpaceX sent a Spanish broadband telecommunications satellite into orbit tonight, marking the 50th launch of a Falcon 9 rocket.

The rocket sent Hispasat 30W-6 rose into the night sky from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida at 12:33 a.m. ET Tuesday (9:33 p.m. PT Monday), at the start of a two-hour launch window.

Launch commentator John Insprucker called it a “great liftoff.”

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk noted in a pre-launch tweet that Hispasat 30W-6 is the largest geostationary satellite SpaceX has ever flown. It’s about the size of a bus, weighs in at more than 13,000 pounds (6 metric tons) and takes its name from its destined location in orbit (30 degrees west)."

snip

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/spacex-sends-spanish-telecom-satellite-orbit-50th-falcon-9-launch/

1 person likes this

I have links about Elon Musk that I'm going to post because I've been a tad distracted and not followed through with my intent for this thread, which was to question NASA, SpaceX, and Elon Musk in general.  We all know Musk is involved in all sorts of things technical, but something seems off, to me, where he is concerned.  In any case, more information about the man, won't hurt.

Mars by 2025, Elon Musk wants us to Colonize Mars by 2025

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4jJfnR7IEk

Another of Elon's companies

Elon Musk's Company Gets OK to Dig Washington, DC, Hyperloop Tunnel

https://www.livescience.com/61805-washington-dc-hyperloop-tunnel-approved.html?utm_source=notification

SpaceX looks to US Government to help fund BFR

Musk stepping down from OpenAI board to avoid conflict

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-stepping-down-from-openai-board-artificial-intelligence/

This is an interesting development, considering Elon's pretty open warnings about AI.  

Naturally, when Obama abandoned our country's NASA space program, I wondered how that was possible.  Found the article below written about it and want to include it in case anyone wondered exactly how that came about.

Hijacked! How Obama and the Left Killed NASA: The journey from the Moon to radical activism

https://capitalresearch.org/article/nasa/

1 person likes this

Elon Musk Deletes Facebook Pages for SpaceX and Tesla

Tariq Malik       March 23, 2018

"SpaceX founder and CEO Elon Musk  has joined the #deletefacebook movement. 

In a series of Twitter posts today (March 23), Musk said he would delete SpaceX's Facebook page, as well as the one for his electric car company Tesla, while answering messages from other Twitter users. Then he (and presumably the social media teams for those companies) followed through.

"What's Facebook?" Musk wrote in reply to Brian Acton, the cofounder of WhatsApp (which is owned by Facebook). Acton coined the #deleteFacebook hashtag Tuesday (March 20) in response to news that the personal data of 50 million Facebook users had been improperly acquired and used by Cambridge Analytica, a consulting firm used by President Trump's election campaign. The New York Times first reported that news over the weekend .    

When another Twitter follower asked Musk to delete Facebook, he said he would. "I didn't realize there was one," Musk wrote of SpaceX's Facebook page, adding that it would be "gone soon."

snip

Altogether, SpaceX and Tesla had more than 5 million followers, according to Venture Beat.

If you're a SpaceX fan who loves the company's awesome photos and videos, you'll still be able to find them on social media. SpaceX is still available on Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram (which, like WhatsApp, is owned by Facebook).

snip

https://www.space.com/40073-elon-musk-deletes-spacex-tesla-facebook.html?utm_source=notification

4 people like this

One 'Replacement' for FB is a site called VK - at vk.com

It may pay to have an alternate site just in case...

3 people like this

FULL ARTICLE Benjamin Fulford 3-19-18

I started this thread because of Elon Musk, who piqued my interest after watching a few videos of him, and reading about him. Tesla, Space X, Boring, Neural Link, etc. I thought it strange that the one satellite launched was called Zuma, considering Musk is from So. Africa, and the ANC leader at the time of that launch was Jacob Zuma.  So, I pay attention to anything related to Elon Musk and his endeavors.  Imagine my surprise when reading this Fulford post, and finding this paragraph at the bottom.

“…CIA sources are telling us that Tesla Motors’ Elon Musk is a money laundering agent for the Pentagon. That might explain a lot of the strangeness surrounding that company, such as the reports from multiple sources that it was Musk who was really behind the North Korean missile crisis. It means that the Pentagon, via Musk and Tesla, was using North Korean nuclear missiles as a bargaining tool in negotiations with China.” 

https://kauilapele.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/full-article-benjamin-fulford-3-19-18-the-world-is-about-to-find-out-just-how-horrific-the-khazarian-mafias-crimes-were/

There were several articles written about  Musk's Zuma satellite at the time it was launched, and No. Korea was definitely brought up.  Even if I might not trust that source completely, I find it interesting this is even being put out there for consideration.  

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/pentagon-ask-spacex-about-zuma-spacex-thats-not-our-story-to-tell/

http://time.com/5096628/spacex-zuma-northrup-grumman/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/899408/SpaceX-Satellite-US-government-top-secret-Falcon-9-rocket-Elon-Musk-Tesla-Mars-space

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/americans-to-send-zuma-to-space-20171115

3 people like this

SpaceX returns intact fairing half on clawboat in post-launch surprise

March 31, 2018     Eric Ralph

"Despite a statement from SpaceX CEO Elon Musk that the Iridium-5 mission’s fairing recovery attempt had failed due to a twisted parafoil, Teslarati captured photos of clawboat Mr Steven arriving in the Port of San Pedro early Saturday morning with an apparently intact fairing half.

Not to be confused with the first successfully recovered fairing that returned to land in late February, this half is undoubtedly fresh from Iridium-5’s Friday morning launch. The $2.5 million, carbon composite aluminum fairing half recovered during SpaceX’s PAZ mission on February 22 is currently being stored and scrapped at SpaceX’s brand new port real estate – Berth 240, or the same location that was selected as the probable location for SpaceX’s first BFR manufacturing facility."

snip   images

Compared to Musk’s previous comments during the first intact fairing recovery in late February, it would seem that Iridium-5’s fairing was all but doomed when it “impacted [the] water at high speed,” and the majority of fans appeared to have concluded as much. Following PAZ, Musk tweeted that the Mr Steven had “missed by a few hundred meters, but fairing landed intact in water” –  as an incredibly optimized and lightweight structure, a fairing half would likely have to land very gently to avoid breaking into pieces. That Mr Steven’s crew was able to bring the Iridium-5 half aboard all but guarantees that it was floating intact on the ocean surface after touching down."

snip

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-recovers-fairing-half-mr-steven-clawboat-iridium-launch/

SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 will usher in a new era of rapid reuse rockets

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-falcon-9-block-5-rapid-reuse-rockets/

Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

Mark Statt      from March 27, 2017

Rockets, cars, and now brain chips

"SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is backing a brain-computer interface venture called Neuralink, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company, which is still in the earliest stages of existence and has no public presence whatsoever, is centered on creating devices that can be implanted in the human brain, with the eventual purpose of helping human beings merge with software and keep pace with advancements in artificial intelligence. These enhancements could improve memory or allow for more direct interfacing with computing devices.

Musk has hinted at the existence of Neuralink a few times over the last six months or so. More recently, Musk told a crowd in Dubai, “Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence.” He added that “it's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output." On Twitter, Musk has responded to inquiring fans about his progress on a so-called “neural lace,” which is sci-fi shorthand for a brain-computer interfacehumans could use to improve themselves."

snip

https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/27/15077864/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-computer-interface-ai-cyborgs

SpaceX Rocket Is Ready to Launch NASA's Next Planet-Hunting Telescope

April 13, 2018              Sarah Lewin

snip  image

"SpaceX is gearing up to launch NASA's next big exoplanet hunter on Monday (April 16), now that a successful test-fire of its Falcon 9 rocket is under the company's belt.

The Hawthorne, California-based SpaceX completed a static fire of the Falcon 9 Wednesday (April 11) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, according to a post from SpaceX on Twitter. The test raised the two-stage rocket atop its launchpad — without the satellite payload yet attached — to practice loading fuel and to briefly fire the first stage's engines."

snip

https://www.space.com/40299-spacex-rocket-ready-for-tess-launch.html

2 people like this

Opinion: Elon Musk acted like a jerk, and Tesla stock paid the price

May 3, 2018      Jeremy C. Owens

Opinion: Tesla CEO’s performance on earnings call was bizarre and contentious, but it’s investors who are paying

snip   image of Musk

"Tesla Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk held a long, odd earnings conference call Wednesday in which he insulted analysts, the media, federal regulators and people who died behind the wheel of his cars, and then told anyone concerned about volatility not to invest in his company.

Unsurprisingly, volatility ensued, as Tesla TSLA, -0.40%  shares dropped quickly during an increasingly bizarre call with the very analysts and media whom Musk attacked.

Tesla on Wednesday disclosed the largest quarterly loss in the history of a company known far and wide for losing vast sums of money, with a net loss of almost $785 million. The numbers still managed to beat expectations that have been repeatedly lowered for more than a year, which led Musk to take a victory lap on Twitter after losing more than three quarters of a billion dollars in three months.

snip  Musk tweet

It only got weirder from there. In his conference-call introduction, Musk confused per-week and per-day production figures, described a “super complicated” robot Tesla designed and built before realizing it could not perform its unnecessary function, then mentioned offhandedly that he planned to restructure the company this month — a disclosure he never revisited to provide more information.

When the question-and-answer session started, Musk turned vitriolic, and not even his fellow executives were safe. After Chief Financial Officer Deepak Ahuja referred to Tesla as “best in class” for batteries while responding to an analyst query, he was interrupted by Musk.

“The best. It is not a class,” Musk interjected.

“Yes, we’re the best. Sorry,” Ahuja replied.

“The best in a class of one,” Musk made sure to point out."
snip

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-acted-like-a-jerk-and-tesla-stock-paid-the-price-2018-05-02

Testy Tesla owner, LOL

2 people like this

Lots of info lately about Tesla, also a Musk venture.

VIDEO: Tesla, possibly on autopilot, causes dramatic wreck (pictures)

May 13, 2018  DML via FOXNEWS.com

"Police in Utah are investigating whether a fast-moving Tesla car that rear-ended a fire truck on Friday was in autopilot mode.

The Tesla Model S was moving at 60 mph when it hit a truck that was stopped at a red light around 6:30 p.m., the South Jordan Police Department said."

snip

http://dennismichaellynch.com/video-tesla-possibly-on-autopilot-causes-dramatic-wreck-pictures/

The Revolving Door Continues: Tesla Loses Two More Executives

May 15, 2018    Tyler Durden

"The hits just keep on coming for Tesla. Amidst a single day period where a record number of headlines were packed into about 24 short hours for Tesla – including a Morgan Stanley downgrade, news that the company would again be shutting down production of its Model 3 toward the end of the month and a Model S crash and ensuing fatality in Switzerland – even more news broke toward the end of the day today when it was reported that (surprise) two more executives, Arch Padmanabhan, the product director for Tesla’s stationary storage unit, and Bob Rudd, from Solar City, are leaving the company.

snip image

It’s starting to feel a little bit like the movie Groundhog Day with the executive departure headlines. Reuters has noted all of the 2018 departures so far in this article. These two Tesla Energy employees join the ranks of other employees who hit the road this year:

snip

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-15/revolving-door-continues-tesla-loses-two-more-executives-0?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+(zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+ti

Meet Tesla's New Bondholder: Billionaire George Soros

May 16, 2018   Tyler Durden

"Amid Elon Musk's darkest hour in late March - as his stocks and bonds tumbled in price - it seems there was at least one other billionaire willing to buy the 'blood on the street'.

According to the latest 13Fs, George Soros' investment firm took a $35 million stake in Tesla's convertible bonds during the first three months of the year

One glimpse at the volume in TSLA converts suggests Soros Fund Management piled in as the price plunged at the end of March..."

snip

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-16/meet-teslas-new-bondholder-billionaire-george-soros

Going to get back to SpaceX soon.

3 people like this

Tesla will lay off about 9% of its employees, but Elon Musk promises it won't affect the Model 3 ramp-up

Mark Matousek        June 12, 2018

"Tesla will lay off 9% of its employees beginning this week, CEO Elon Musk said on Tuesday.
The layoffs will not affect production-line workers as the company ramps up Model 3 production.
During Tesla's first-quarter earnings call in May, Musk said the company would begin restructuring operations in an effort to meet its profitability goals.
Musk has said the company will become profitable in the second half of the year and won't need to raise money.
On Tuesday, Musk also said Tesla would not renew its agreement with Home Depot to sell solar panels and battery packs at the retailer's stores.

Tesla will lay off about 9% of its employees beginning this week, CEO Elon Musk said on Tuesday.

Musk posted an email he sent to Tesla employees on Twitter after the email leaked to news outlets.

"Difficult, but necessary Tesla reorg underway," Musk said in a tweet accompanying images of the email.

In the email, Musk said the layoffs would primarily affect salaried employees, sparing production-line workers as the company ramps up Model 3 production. He said Tesla had developed redundancies in some job functions that were no longer necessary."

snip

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-to-layoff-up-to-9-of-its-employees-2018-6

Interesting that this restructuring takes place after Soros buys up stock in Tesla.  Makes me wonder if Elon might feel threatened?

2 people like this

See the 'Space Jellyfish' and Other Jaw-Dropping Views from SpaceX's Dragon Launch
By Hanneke Weitering, Space.com Staff Writer | June 29, 2018 03:01pm ET

See the 'Space Jellyfish' and Other Jaw-Dropping Views from SpaceX's Dragon Launch

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket lifts off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida just before dawn on June 29, 2018. Loaded on top of the rocket is a Dragon cargo spacecraft that will deliver supplies to the International Space Station.
Credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel/Getty

https://www.space.com/41040-jaw-dropping-spacex-dragon-launch-photos.html

Just one question/comment.  This didn't look as though it went up to me, but like it exploded and came down.  I thought I recalled a launch on June 29th, so checked to see if I recalled correctly, and found the exact picture.  I find this interesting as heck for several reasons.

3 people like this

Elon Musk to aid Thailand rescue efforts for trapped boys

June 7, 2018          Anastassia Gliadkovskaya

"Elon Musk has announced that engineers from SpaceX and his tunnel construction company Boring Company are heading to Thailand tomorrow to assist in the rescue operation of 12 trapped boys and their football coach from a cave.

The announcement came on Twitter, following one user calling Musk to action:

After a string of responses, Musk determined it was necessary to assess the situation in person.
snip

http://www.euronews.com/2018/07/06/elon-musk-to-aid-thailand-rescue-efforts-for-trapped-boys

Is This Why Tesla Executives Are Fleeing?

July 6, 2018    Posted by Kuppy

"I originally started following Tesla (TSLA – USA) as I felt it was a structurally unprofitable business nearing a cash crunch as hundreds of competing products were about to enter the market. As I’ve studied Tesla more closely, I’ve come to realize that Elon Musk appears to be running a Ponzi Scheme disguised as an auto-manufacturer; where he has to keep unveiling new products, many of which will never come to market, in order to raise new capital (equity/debt/customer deposits) to keep the scheme alive. The question has always been; when will Tesla collapse?

snip

As part of my research on Tesla, I decided to read Bad Blood by John Carreyrou, the journalist who first uncovered the Theranos fraud. It is the story of how Elizabeth Holmes created Theranos and then lurched between publicity events in order to raise additional capital and keep the fraud going, despite the fact that the technology did not work. The key lesson from Theranos for determining when a fraud will implode is that there are always idiots willing to put fresh money into a well marketed fraud—so you need a catalyst for when the funding dries up.

The other salient fact was that most senior employees actually knew that something wasn’t quite right, but feared losing their jobs or getting sued if they did anything about it. Therefore, employee turnover was off the charts but no one was willing to risk their career by saying anything publicly. However, when Theranos started risking customers’ lives, the secret got out pretty fast. This is because most people are inherently ethical—especially when they know that their employer is doing something immoral, like releasing flawed lab results to sick patients. Eventually, some employees felt compelled to become whistle-blowers and started to reach out to journalists and regulators. This started a cascading event.

First, one intrepid journalist took the career risk to write about the Theranos fraud. Then other whistle-blowers felt emboldened to step forward and contact this first journalist, as they also wanted their story told—especially as they had already reached out to government regulators who were too scared to investigate a politically powerful company."
snip

Tesla-executive-departures.jpg

Executives Fleeing Tesla Is A True Bull Market “Up And To The Right”

snip

http://adventuresincapitalism.com/2018/07/04/tesla-new-theranos-curious-hitler-twist/?utm_source=AIC&utm_campaign=d3e502c7bf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_07_05_01_44&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb61762784-d3e502c7bf-31426413

Let's NOT FORGET,  George Soros just recently bought  stock in Tesla, for some "unknown" reason. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/george-soros-fund-bought-35-million-of-tesla-bonds.html

1 person likes this

Hell for Elon Musk Is a Midsize Sedan

Tom Randall, Josh Eidelman, Dana Hull & John Lippert    July 12, 2018

"Will the Model 3 make Tesla a real car company?

On July 1, Elon Musk went home to sleep. The chief executive of Tesla Inc. had been camping out at his electric car factory in Fremont, Calif., for much of the past week. He’d been sleeping on a couch, or under a desk, as part of a companywide push to get out of what he calls “production hell” by manufacturing at least 5,000 of Tesla’s new Model 3 sedans in a week. “I was wearing the same clothes for five days,” Musk says in an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek. “My credibility, the credibility of the whole team,” was at stake.

Musk initially promised as many as 200,000 Model 3s by the end of 2017. To get there he planned an unprecedented investment in factory robots, calling the production line “the machine that builds the machine.” He’d said it would look like “alien dreadnought”—a manufacturing process so futuristic, unstoppable, and cost-effective that it would seem extraterrestrial.

It hasn’t worked out that way. Tesla ended 2017 having made not quite 2,700 Model 3s. As of the end of June it had turned out about 41,000, and some analysts express doubts about whether it will ever be able to show a profit on the car, and Tesla hasn’t even started selling the $35,000 base model.

Making matters worse, Tesla has $10 billion in debt and suffered a credit downgrade in March. It’s spent about a billion dollars more per quarter, on average, than it has taken in over the past year, and the cost of a recently announced factory in China is still unknown. Tesla is running out of cash at a time when competition is heating up—Volkswagen, BMW, Daimler, and others plan to release dozens of electric car models."
snip

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-07-12/how-tesla-s-model-3-became-elon-musk-s-version-of-hell

kind of feel bad for him

1 person likes this

Well. well, well!  Sorry it took me so long to get here and read this.  Very interesting, indeed!  I have had a "something is off" feeling since I first became aware of him, and feel there is way too much info left out of anything written about him.  I had read that he/his father have been on the outs since he was a teen-ager, that his father still lives in So. Africa.  This writer says an Errol Musk lives in California?  hmmmmm  The AI business bothers me also.  IF you feel it's so dangerous, why would you then use it in your cars?  NO, I don't believe that car blasted into space.  Yes, who IS this guy?? AND all those millions/billions just given to him!  Most of it makes no sense to me, and I see I have some company.  Do I think he could be a created image?  Absolutely!   That agency supposedly ran NK, Space X-Zuma? NASA-defunded by Obama  privatized into Space X no accounting for billions given to Tesla and Space X,  hates AI, yet started NeuraLink, the chipping of human brains, to keep humans ahead of AI? Again, who is this guy? And where DID he come from?  Tesla is all but ruined.  A lot about Space X seems like a movie, or cgi.

I was reading a while back, and came across something called X Technology.  A special thing, that most, including me, know nothing about, but supposedly, anything with an X in the title/logo is connected.  It's kinda funny how the logo for Pine Gap, Australia is circular with an X.  Then Space X, etc.  The Dark Journalist has been doing a series of talks on X Technology, but at 2 1/2 hours to each one, I have a hard time finding time.  I intended to put it somewhere, because I really think people, including me, need to be curious enough to find out what this thing called X Technology is, also who and what all is involved in it.

5 people like this

And check out all the BIG names appear in Dan Raynols' revelation vids.....

(c) THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE 2018

Published on Aug 3, 2018

2 people like this