Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHANI ANP News Bot

Surprising medicinal uses for lavender oil

3 posts in this topic

lavender-meaning.jpg

The lavender plant, which is native to the Old World and is characterized by its beautiful hues and invigorating fragrance, has been used for more than 2,500 years as a cosmetic aid. The ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians, for instance, would use lavender as a natural perfume. The Romans loved to use lavender to scent their baths (in fact, lavender is derived from the Latin lavare, which means "to wash"), while the people of Medieval and Renaissance Europe used lavender to deodorize the stone ...

View the full article

4 people like this

I have always loved lavandar. In fact, somehow I got around to remembering that once I belonged to a secret society called the Lavandar Sisters...lol...I use it often as it is so useful and smells so nice...

I would also like to point out that it is as useful as tee tree oil for gargaling for infected throat...just tastes weird.

I think it should be one of the Godesses sacred herbs if its" not.

3 people like this

Here's another valuable use of it I would have loved to have known about when I went through menopause and hot flushes that woke me at night.  I got over all that, but now I'm having those same flushes from the meds I'm taking for cancer (and men can have these reactions too.)

My alternate/energy dr recommended lavender oil -must be doTerra for its pure quality, no other chemicals.  Put 3 drops in water and drink before bed.  I tried that for a few days and found it really hard to swallow being so potent, so instead I rub a few drops into my skin and symptoms are much relieved.  Beats leaving the country for 6 months of the year when it's hot.

5 people like this