Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edan

The Economist Cover - 2015 and up

15 posts in this topic

From comments in article above:

Hi, Spoke to the Editor and found the following applies;

THE B&W FACES

B&W v. colour faces was a decision based purely on the strength of the design. There is no differentiation with the people featured in colour or not - merely a way of representing a bunch of relevant folk in order that this be a stronger front cover, by design.

THE TWO FACED MOON

Represents the rise of Nationalism and how it may be a world of conflict with regard to agreements. Many nations involved, some places angry, unsettled, others less so. The two faces of the moon disagreeing with itself as depicted on different sides. The article it refers to is called ‘Nationalism is Back’ and can be found in the International Section.

THE DRONE

The drone is relevant to the US Section where there is an article on the Fed Aviation Society who are set to announce the rules this Autumn on the regulations on Drone use in America. (To be found in the US Section).

ROCKET

"New Horizons" space probe which will be flying by Pluto in 2015 (the article on this is on page 137 of the UK magazine). However at the last minute , after the cover had gone to press, they decided to use an illustration for that story showing the distance New Horizons had travelled to Pluto, which is why you won't find the picture inside the magazine.

NUCLEAR MUSHROOM CLOUD

Relates to the story on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty yearly review conference, set to take place in New York - (to be found in the International Section).

PIGGY BANK flying from David Cameron’s chest

Relates to the article on how small banks should do well this year.

SPIDERMAN

Illustration relating to the article on Hollywood 2015. ‘Lights, Camera, Fraction.’ Downward spiral of wages. Superhero movies being very popular whilst implying it’s less important as to who is behind the mask - i.e. A cheaper actor/actress would be used as opposed to the Celebrity A class. (pd 124 UK version).

LEONARDO DA VINCI PAINTING in the sand

New Abu Dhabi LOUVRE Museum set to open. Apparently this painting may be one for the debut masterpieces loaned for the opening exhibition of this venue. BOOKS & ARTS section. PILE OF DIRT Relates to same article on Abu Dhabi museum.

ALICE and THE CHESHIRE CAT

150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland. No particular reason for this part of the story to be depicted other than it is recognisable as such.

ARROWS WITH NUMBERS ON THEM

Arrows taken from the graphic illustrating the story of China’s economy “The numbers to watch” and are Chinese ‘targets’. As it happens the numbers on the graphic were adjusted in their fact-checking process after the cover went to press.

CRICKET BALL

A white cricket ball because cricket world cup played with a white ball. There is the rugby world cup and the women’s football world cup all this year. This is relevant to this article.

LAND’s FASTEST CAR

Set to break the Land Speed Record this year. Article inside.

GHOST with HOLIDAY BROCHURE

Predictive programming on your mobile/handheld devices. The phone could tell you when you are on holiday and support your lifestyle ~ helpful but at the same time arguably a little creepy, hence the ghoul image use.

TURTLE

“Lonesome George” the famous turtle who died in 2012 is now set to be returned to the Galápagos Islands, return this year to his rightful home. In the EVENTS section. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonesome_George

SUMO WITH BIG BATTERY

Japan’s biggest battery for storage has been produced - for excessive solar and wind power. (Article inside ASIA Section).

PANDA IN SPEEDOS

Representing Chinese Politics - ever more muscle.

RUGBY WORLD

Rugby world cup

DRUM and BRITISH FLAG

The WHO are doing a come back tour in the US.

CLUELESS BOY with DRONE in hand

Relates to drone illustration with regards to the FSA - Both the little boy with the plane and the helicopter are from the illustration to the piece on drones (the article is on page 60).

FISH

UN to rule as to whether Great Barrier Reef is to officially be considered as an endangered place this year.

PIED PIPER OF HAMLIN

To depict the story where the rats are being eradicated from the Island of St Georgia (Science Section). 20th Century Whalers set up bases on the Island and escaped rats caused chaos to it’s ecosystem. (Science section).

PANIC GAME

Where might you find the financial crisis? EURO - FED RESERVE & CHINA. (Finance Section). “Crisis”

BOY WITH NOODLES

Article in the Chinese Section that reports on the growing fussiness of Chinese consumers.

SINGAPORE

50th Anniversary of Singapore and in the Economist ratings has won the title of TOP BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT.

ASIAN MASKED OFFICER

Article on pollution that relates to the Paris, December meeting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_United_Nations_Climate_Change_Conference

LANDROVER DEFENDER (behind new Indian PM)

An article that reports on the ceasing of production with the LandRover Defender.

/snip

The elite do love their cover stories..(pun intended lol)

8 people like this

The Economist Cover 2016

Symbologists, start your engines: 2016 New Year's cover of The Economist released

Posted By: MrFusion [Send E-Mail]
Date: Monday, 14-Dec-2015 23:29:36

In Response To: Fulford newsletter blurb: "Canadian government contemplates sending troops to Washington DC to arrest Fed gangsters" (MrFusion)

economist_2016.jpg
The above detail, and what is said to be the entire artwork, along with some commentary, are available at this link:
http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=26705

It is interesting that even in the full version, Donald Trump does not appear, as far as I can tell. I'm sure someone will him point out if I am wrong. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it might mean.
Fulford mentions this cover in the full text of this week's newsletter, and also offers some commentary, which will be posted after the embargo period. (i.e. Thursday)

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=35151

6 people like this

Bumping ."......great find Jessica , and apparently the arrows with the numbers from the 2015 cover kinda match the paris attacks if there mixed around a bit

post-1508-0-10193000-1450203785_thumb.jp

2 people like this

I still think the US is being protected and there is a better than average chance that everything is going to be OK, in fact Destiny will require it and there are many good people working behind the scenes to ensure it happens ...  Have Faith.

Reader responds in great detail with thoughts about the 2017 ECONOMIST MAGAZINE cover

Posted By: hobie [Send E-Mail]
Date: Monday, 21-Nov-2016 15:54:01

In Response To: Weigh in with your thoughts about the 2017 ECONOMIST MAGAZINE cover that focuses on Trump and a set of tarot cards (NaturalWisdom)

(Thanks, a. :)

Reader a. writes:

=====

The Tower - The Tower card is often feared because of its imagery of lightning knocking people out of a tall tower, implying that they’re falling to their deaths. But at its core, the card means massive change that can turn your life-as-you-know-it upside-down, for example, making a move to a country you’ve always wanted to live in. That’s overall a positive event, but the change can be so drastic that your life might seem as if it’s been blown to pieces. If you have to interpret a card like the Tower for someone in a reading, always present the news in as positive a light as you can. Be constructive.

Judgment – Rebirth, inner calling.

The World - In the center of the World is a dancing figure, rejoicing in the completion of the journey and celebrating not only this completion but also the new beginnings it promises. The dancer has one leg crossed over the other, just like the Hanged man. She is, in a sense, his opposite (i.e. the Hanged Man upright). As the Hanged Man looks infinitely inward, the dancer in the World card looks infinitely outward. In each of her hands she holds a wand or baton, representative of evolution and balance. She is surrounded by a thick, green wreath, symbolic of success, victory, achievement and accomplishment, and tied with the red ribbons of eternity. The red ribbons form the infinity symbol, representing the infinite rewards of positive effort in improving both ourselves and those around us. Within the laurel wreath are stars of light indicating attainment of enlightenment or cosmic consciousness. The figures in each of the four corners of the World card are the same figures that appear on the Wheel of Fortune. Interestingly, the World card is very much associated with the Wheel of Fortune, reflecting the cyclical progression of time and the human experience. The four figures (a lion, bull, cherub and eagle) represent the four fixed signs of the zodiac – Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio. These are symbolic of the four elements, four suits of the Tarot, four compass points, four seasons, and the four corners of the universe. And all are within the dancer’s sight and power. The planetary ruler is Saturn, the symbol of time.

The Hermit – Soul searching, introspection, being alone.
Death - The classic Death card doesn’t really mean someone’s going to croak; it signifies endings and change, both of which can indicate some very positive developments.

The Magician – Power, skill, concentration, action, resourcefulness

Wheel of Fortune – Good Luck, karma, life cycles

The Star – Hope spirituality, renewal.

If Blue Pulse heralding spiritual transformation comes at the end of 2016 AND

IF Edgar Cayce prediction of peace for USA in 2017 is true AND

Trump will go within in attempt to serve ALL Americans

Trump will experience spiritual transformation

Trump will disclose many things ending current system of illusion/ Who are the Khazars, the true meaning of Swastika and Aryan, the true history of the Black race, disclosure of Bible frauds created by the Vatican, disclosure of ET.

The world will look at America very differently but more positively.

Economist prints this message as a symbol of waving the “white flag”, elite realize they must change and cannot get off planet. They want to play nice. Ascending population must hold the vision for peace.

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=62658

7 people like this

That is their intention Mulva.  They want to create Fear and that is the reason for the cover and the coverage by the MSN news since the Trump election.  They don't want people to think positively because that would assist to create a positive outcome.  They want people fearful and suspicious so they can try to keep control of them, but gotta tell you I have a funny feeling they are going to fail this time.

6 people like this

Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Economist 2017 Cover

Q. They just released the 2017 Economist cover...very interesting...Tarot Cards, Trump, the tower card. Why did they use few Tarot cards this time instead of a jungle of images like in 2016? Can you tell the story behind each of the cards? Are they arranged in a certain sequence?  What do you think? What do you see?

https://shop.economist.com/products/the-world-in-2017?_ga=1.72825876.623853110.1479773764
economist_magazine_cover_for_2017_decode

A. As I tune in, I see a lot going on.  I get that the Powers That Were (PTW) were very surprised by recent political outcomes and they are working on "damage control."  I get an image of them trying to change the timeline or influence (the collective conscious) to create a new sequence of events by outlaying this "tarot" reading as a combination of what see happening and what they want to happen for different reasons.  There is a huge divide in the country and the PTW intend to keep it that way in hopes of full control going back to them.

[I will break this down by card.  There is so much, I welcome comments to add other perspectives.]

The Tower:  The main thing I see is a continuing division of people.  I see the tower as representing society, and the split in the tower being the divide.  The focus of division in 2017 looks to be both cultural and religious based.  This division is being fueled by an outside force (the lightening) that hides in the shadows, but people that are becoming more aware know the root of it all. I  see the "V" standing out as a sign of "5 events" tied to this as well (Somehow feels like a warning, but not to the people  It looks directed to the "unapproved" people of the PTW that are in control). The upcoming administration will have their work cut out for them. 

Judgement:  It looks like there will be many judgments to overcome and egos to put in balance.  The world will be looking at Trump and judging his every move just as he will be judging and sizing them.  Trump will be one of the most analyzed men in 2017.  

The World:  I see the collective consciousness rising, and as that happens more and more people will be looking to the arts (ancient writings, painting, books, etc) for answers.  More and more free thinking blossoms.

The Hermit:  I see a lot of social (and worldly) unrest.  A huge balance is sought out between "good" and "bad" (I see a yin yang in the moon). Many revolts happen abroad.  I get that England  (specifically some darker parts of the monarchy) is sort of "secretly" is involved some undercover affairs, and that information gets leaked causing people to rise up and protest.  This feels like it becomes a huge worldly (alternative) news story.

Death:  This card feels like a change on the horizon.  It looks like old issues that have been buried and ignored are coming to the surface.  I also get that there will be a "surprise" come about of a country that wasn't on the radar being found out to have a nuclear weapon.

The Magician:  I see two realities emerging, and you will live in the one that resonates with you.  One reality feels very 3D and "common."  Cookie cutter houses are being manufacturing (printed) and built everywhere.  It feels like a very grounded and physical world.

Then there is this second reality, that feels like it comes from a more virtual (or even spiritual) place.  Creativity and philosophical ideas flourish.  I also get something about Tesla (like one of his inventions that was suppressed comes to fruition, but I can't be clear). 

Wheel of Fortune: I see things in Europe being shook up.  Leaders feel challenged, and some leadership may change..???

The Star:  I see that "stars" or Hollywood will continue to be used as distractions from the bigger events (such as talk about the "Red Comet").  As issues arise in the world, I get that Hollywood will be used to cause interference (because that is one thing the PTW has control over).  

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  Love and light- 
(I look forward to your interpretations in comments.)

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=63067

8 people like this

Great explanation Jessica.

This Wheel of Fortune represents the changing Politics in Europe with  Geert Wilders (Netherlands), Marie le Pen (France) and Frauke Petry (Germany) BUT (and i do this in capital letters) they are all tied up onto the Wheel. Why, you might think are they tied up? Unfortunately, they are not as "Free" (Freedom-party liberals they call themselves) as one would think. All their funding comes from big Bankers and when there is a crisis they will do what is told by those Bankers.

As one time happened in a crisis in the Netherlands,  Party for Freedom (PVV) (Geert Wilders) were playing a key role in a Political discussion and were signing a law as a majority in Parliament should or there would have to be drawn new elections. in a pause 5 minutes before signing a reporter filmed them taking the break and saw Geert Wilders taking his phone and discussing something. Directly after the break he let the negotiations fail and wanted to create a Political crash. Nobody knew why.

Since he is the sole leader of this party he decides everything and his party-members (like he publicly said) are filling up the spots for voting. Also he has to make public all donations he is getting for his party. He refuses and willingly pays the €25.000 fine each year. Already proven he has the DHFC Bank as one of his main sponsors.

Thanks to our Minister of Finance back then that could be prevented. But now i know why they are tied up. Free within Europe but NOT in control.

6 people like this

Thanks heaps, breezy! Wow, lots to look at.....

OMG KJU is in there!! And Pres Modi of India? Some peeps I can't figure out(´Д`)....and why the clown---but that's a surface intel mark about the Pedo stuff AND some nasty aliens as well.

And "unhappy GREEN man"...lol Yeah we will press on to make change and make them look like a blue man in tears soon.

3 people like this

Those Economist covers get weirder by the year, don't they? 

4 people like this

The Economist 2019 BLACK OUT Cover~Dollar Collapse!

2 people like this