NexusEditor

The Alternative News Project (ANP)

48 posts in this topic

Hi Mes,

The ANP Volunteers thread is protected. You will need to contact Aco or NexEd for info although it looks like Nex is going to be a bit busy for the next week or two

Bolly

Hi Bolly!

Thanks for letting me know :)  I think both Aco and Nex are super busy right now, so I will hang back for a while.

Cheers,

MES.

1 person likes this

20 hours into the crowd funding campaign, the funds are rolling in from all around the world, and then PayPal decides to freeze everything pending further review and documentation.  Thing is, the 'freeze' was not supposed to stop funds coming in, after all, what big finance org stops its own cash flow?

Two baffled PayPal operators and a day later, funds are now able to come in again.  (Touch wood)

Conspiracy or CockUp?

Either way, neither anyone at Indiegogo or PayPal had ever seen this happen before.

Paypal informed me that when and if I ever reach a balance of $10,000 my account will be automatically frozen pending review, but that's supposed to be accounts open to donations only. :'(

2 people like this

It appears I have returned for a visit a few days to late.

Are you still wanting donations for the crowd funding?

1 person likes this

So whats happening next Nex...when do we get to play in your back yard ?.

4 people like this

Hey Nex, you must be as busy as a cat hiding shit atm, (I can't load ANP page).  Less than 36 hrs to go, best wishes mate. :)  :bump:  

http://www.AlternativeNewsProject.org/

I think Nex is going to need till closer to new year Bot, to get all ducks in a row.

2 people like this

No worries Blue, probably just as well, for, if he started on the 12 December, he may have only received "Turtle-Dove" status, or even worse, "Partridge", not "white-dove", worth the wait. :)

2 people like this

Congrats on The Live Launch of ANP Nexus  :banana:  :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic 

6 people like this

Got the little icon on my IPad! It works well. Excellent :)

1 person likes this

Well, after LOTS of ongoing fixes and changes, we officially launched at midnight last night, AEST, and so far so good!

We have announced that January is our beta-test month, which is nature's way of providing more understanding and patience amongst new Users as we add new features and fix old ones.

In Stage 1, as I have outlined, we are taking ALL the 'alt news' from every subject, from all over the internet and beyond, and putting it into one massive infinite news feed (INF).  This is news of interest to anyone in any english speaking country, and relates to the topic on hand.

In Stage 2, we will expand this to include local and regional news, info and events - in each of the categories we cover.  This means a person interested in say Fracking, would not only receive the news that is on the net about Fracking generally, but they would also receive details about local Fracking outbreaks, meetings and effects.  Obviously people in the UK would not be interested in Fracking meetings in Wisconsin for example. 

I have yet to meaningfully communicate instructions and details to those from TCP who have put their hands up to volunteer assistance, about how and what to upload to the ANP server for approval to go live on the INF.

However, I will be emailing you over the next day or so, your usernames and passwords (if you don't already have one), along with a manual and a video clip instructing you basically how to cut and paste headings, body text, source info, pics and captions; what sources to avoid; how to categorise etc etc.  All very easy if you know how to use a browser and google advanced text/image search.

Thanks again for your support.  This is a project by the people, for the people - and I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Happy New Year to everyone at The CHANI Project!

Duncan

12 people like this

NexEd, I tried to click "purchase" button on the bottom of this January special page.

It doesn't take me to anywhere.

Can you please fix it?

http://www.alternativenewsproject.org/?layout=specials

Oh dear Unity, you will have no idea at how much I crapped my pants when I read this.  It was working fine until around midday, and thanks to your post, it should be fixed soon.

Many thanks

Duncan

5 people like this

Oh wow, I hope the stain didn't become a proof of Pangea theory on your pants, Duncan... :ph34r:

Glad to know it will be fixed soon! I'll make the payment then! :)

Hello Duncan,

Geez sorry if I make that stain on your pants even larger now....

I clicked on to proceed the payment, I was taken to this page...Error...

post-11-0-55613600-1420247509_thumb.jpg

And though I was going to get $50 for 2 years subscription, when I clicked on the bottom payment button, the site took me to the top page, which directing me to sign in if a user. (I definitely clicked on the $50 section before I clicked purchase button, and it still took me to the Error page.) 

I'm sorry to bother you but could you please give me some idea what I need to do next to make subscription happening, eg. just go and do upgrade account on a particular page?

Just in case I make stupid mistake and cause difficulty in fixing my case, I haven't actually logged onto the site yet, so I haven't even entered into the site.

...And I haven't set my username either...! (I guess I can set it once I'm in the site?)

I also received a confirmation email from the site that I was registered.

Getting there.  This is a screen shot of what a User sees when logged into to look at the Infinite News Feed (INF) via browser, on a 27" screen.

post-8-0-16682400-1420542240_thumb.png

10 people like this

Hmmm...even though I have joined and paid for the $25 dollar perk, I cant seem to get past the "please select your preferences" page..if I follow the "upgrade now" prompts, it takes me to the "Launch specials" which I have already joined.

My guess is that Im missing something here !!

Hmmm...even though I have joined and paid for the $25 dollar perk, I cant seem to get past the "please select your preferences" page..if I follow the "upgrade now" prompts, it takes me to the "Launch specials" which I have already joined.

My guess is that Im missing something here !!

Should have spent the extra $25 lol, no probs for me, although I had to sacrifice half a cartoon of beer, or half a packet of tobacco, or a tenth of a bag of ..........  ;D

5 people like this

Ah Wait...I think I found the problem.

"If you are having trouble viewing/using our website, please ensure your browser is up to date. Clear your cache/history and ensure that you are not using Internet Explorer"

2 people like this

We live in an era where the rulers fight to control what you believe, using technology that would have made Goebbels drool. We live in an era where independent thought is now a radical act in itself.”   — Duncan Roads, NEXUS Magazine, 2014

It is fair to say, in this day and age, that the disconnect between mainstream media “reality” and what is really going on is getting to the point where many people in society are not being told the full story—about almost everything and anything.

In geopolitics, we see media organisations such as Al Jazeera willing to totally fabricate events and broadcast them via BBC, CNN, ABC and other licensees.

In what is needlessly called “alternative health”, we see the might of transnational drug companies steering government health policies as well as affecting personal sovereignty in the form of forced vaccinations, freedom of choice in the treatment of serious disease, and the right to be able to purchase health products of our choosing.

In explorations of “fringe sciences”, including subjects such as the Expanding Earth theory or the Electric Universe theory, we see the unexplained anomalies regarding energy, gravity, electricity and biology, either ignored, suppressed or ridiculed. I believe that it is in the open-minded exploration of such anomalies, that we actually further our scientific understanding of our universe.

In discussion of consciousness and the paranormal, we again see mainstream media reporting distorted versions of events, mis-reporting factual data, not reporting it at all, and again, outright ridicule (snigger factor). The fact of the matter is that people want to know more about who we are as spiritual beings, about the role of consciousness in determining how we experience life, and the role our inherent beliefs have on how we live and treat other people. As more and more people are waking up to the idea that we are immortal beings of spirit having a human experience, we are finding that more and more people are seeking out ways to live in harmony with each other, and with their ecosystem. This is again ignored, obstructed or ridiculed by governments and mainstream media.

I believe that the vast majority of people on this planet want to live in peace and harmony with each other, and I also believe that there are forces at work, including the military-intelligence-industrial complex, that desire and profit from manufactured conflict.

We live in an era where the State is seeking to take control of our lives—but it is also an era where the State is not representative of the people, or the will of the people. It is an era of a controlled paradigm debate in the form of having to align with either left- or right-wing political directions.

We live in an era where more and more people are stepping up to blow the whistle on illegal and suppressed information. Information they believe is in everyone’s interests to be made public. Unfortunately, despite the assurances of protection to whistleblowers from world leaders, we actually see the opposite—the suppression and persecution of such people.

And finally, we live on a planet, where the way in which we live is dramatically affecting the entire ecosystem. Forget, for the moment, the distraction of the climate change debate and whether CO2 is the culprit we are told it is and consider the vastly more important changes we are causing to every living creature via chemical pollutants. Measurable levels of chemicals are found in the air over the entire planet—in the ground water of every continent, and in the oceans everywhere. Why is it noble to focus on CO2 and energy saving, while ignoring the death, disease and destruction of our habit and life forms, including our own?

I have created the Alternative News Project (ANP), not as a vehicle to fight the current mainstream-manufactured reality, but instead to provide a vehicle for like-minded, independent thinkers, to help create something new. Something better.

The ANP will be the first time that the independent thinkers of the world (i.e. you) will have a centralised location to both send alternative news and information, and to have the opportunity see more of what is going on in their world than they would have before.

This is literally the world’s first real alternative news agency, a project by the people, for the people. I welcome your participation on all levels of interest, and I ask for your patience with our learning curve as we expand and grow across the globe.

You are hereby invited to join in with the ANP, and to be part of the adventure.

www.AlternativeNewsProject.org

11 people like this

Permission to copy and send your above post to my circle of friends in the US?