Bryan

How to make your own colloidal silver at home

19 posts in this topic

Been hearing a few folks talking about colloidal silver lately.  Supposed to be effective against viruses I think.

Anyway, I make my own at home all the time for horticultural purposes.  So in case it gets harder to acquire in north america, thought I would post my quick method of making your own at home.  It's very quick and easy, and ANYONE can do this.

What you will need...

-99.99% pure silver coins x 2 (I ordered mine from the Canadian mint and received them in two weeks.  99.99% pure silver $20 coins.  You can cut one coin in half, or purchase two.)

-9 volt battery connector (get these at radio shack or just cut one out of an old alarm clock)

-9 volt battery

-6 inches of speaker wire

-electrical tape (or solder and shrink tubing for those anal retentives like myself)

-aligator clips x 2 

-Jug of distilled water

-Glass mason jar

-coffee filter

-total dissolved solids meter (easily found in any hydroponic supply store)

Directions:

Cut the 9 volt battery connector out of the alarm clock.

Solder the two leads coming off the 9 volt battery connector to the positive and negative speaker wires.

Solder an aligator clip to the other end of each speaker wire

Clip one silver coin to each alligator clip

Fill the mason jar half full with distilled water - place the coins HALF submerged in the water, DO NOT touch the alligator clips to the water.  Position the coins in the water on each side of the glass (they can't be touching) and hold them in place by wrapping an elastic band around the jar, over the wires.

Plug in your battery, wait 24-48 hours.

The electrical current passes between the two silver coins, depositing micro-particles of silver into the distilled water.  

Test the water with a total dissolved solids meter until you reach a concentration of 20-30ppm then unplug the battery.  Note:  some tds meters are not accurate below 100ppm, find a good one, or a buddy who grows their own produce ;-)

Filter water through a coffee filter then dilute with 50% distilled water to get a solution of 10-15 ppm of colloidal silver.

Bingo, Bango, Bongo

11 people like this

Talking about silver particles, I surprisingly found a packet of band-aids/plaster at the supermarket the other day, where the antibacterial component was none other than.... silver ions!!  I nearly fell over.  

On the packet it says:

Optimal infection protection... Silver is a natural antiseptic.  

The woundpad contains auxiliary silver ions that are continuously released during the healing process.  

Clinical studies show that silver kills harmful germs and reduces the risk of infection.  

Any wound additional wound treatment may reduce the antiseptic effect of silver and interfere with it.

So there you go!  Silver ions on band-aids...

...and Bryan, thank you for the recipe  :)   Someone gave me a bottle of home-made colloidal silver, but I never knew how much to take.  What dosage do you take and do you know if the liquid will oxidise or go off within a certain time-frame?

7 people like this

I make my own aswell---- 15 volts DC(from a small transformer) I make about 2 liters at a time (two batches) glass bowl will hold a little more than a liter but don't fill it up(coz if I rock the van it spills everywhere--ask me how I know LOL)

Anyway---I let it brew for about 12-14 hours--- I'm sure its more concentrated than 30ppm but I like swigging it out of the dark glass bottle I decant it into--- should keep for quite a while(keep it in a dark cool place).

Its awesome, I have a swig in the mornings while making a coffee and if I go shopping I have a swig and a gargle when I come home--never know who has sneezed or coughed infront of you in a Woolies isle :-

Oh, and if you light up a ciggie just after having a swig it tastes really sweet ;D

6 people like this

I'm sure its more concentrated than 30ppm but I like swigging it out of the dark glass bottle I decant it into--- should keep for quite a while(keep it in a dark cool place).

Its awesome, I have a swig in the mornings while making a coffee and if I go shopping I have a swig and a gargle when I come home--never know who has sneezed or coughed infront of you in a Woolies isle :-

Ha ha, thanks for the advice triton  ;D   I'll take a swig when I feel the need  :beer:

Oh, and I'm not going to ask how you rocked the van  :tease:

3 people like this

Bryan

I get pure silver strips from the Good Vitality web site in the UK for making col silver they don't cost that much, just a few £'s

you do need to use de-ionised water to get the best quality. It should look pale yellow when finished if it is not it means that the particle size 

is larger, it will still be effective just don't go overboard on the amount you take. It can cause your skin to turn blue/grey 

4 people like this

Mes

It has been known since early 1920's that silver ions are effective for cleaning and disinfecting and where used in hospitals then of course big pharma

want to make money so it went out of use

It is slowly coming back

3 people like this

anyone interested in making colloidal silver but are not able to make their own equipment should visit goodviality.com.uk

they show some videos and have a good selection of equipment and supplies it's where I get my stuff from, they also sell Beck's/Clarks zappers

2 people like this

Talking about silver particles, I surprisingly found a packet of band-aids/plaster at the supermarket the other day, where the antibacterial component was none other than.... silver ions!!  I nearly fell over.  

On the packet it says:

Optimal infection protection... Silver is a natural antiseptic.  

The woundpad contains auxiliary silver ions that are continuously released during the healing process.  

Clinical studies show that silver kills harmful germs and reduces the risk of infection.  

Any wound additional wound treatment may reduce the antiseptic effect of silver and interfere with it.

So there you go!  Silver ions on band-aids...

...and Bryan, thank you for the recipe  :)   Someone gave me a bottle of home-made colloidal silver, but I never knew how much to take.  What dosage do you take and do you know if the liquid will oxidise or go off within a certain time-frame?

I'm actually not certain how long it will keep for without oxidizing.  I just make as much as I need for about a month, and if I need more, I just make more after that.  I generally will use it all up on my plants in less than 30 days.

I keep it in an opaque spray bottle for misting plants, and then I just pour off a little into an amber glass bottle with a dropper and when I'm feeling like I've got a cold or flu coming on, take a few drops for myself with each meal.

3 people like this

We have used a Silver Well for 7 or 8 years now. It still performs perfectly. We are still on our original rods although they are showing signs of wear now, however we have some spare sets that we bought when the price of silver was low.

The rods are .9999 from memory. ( 4 x 9 instead of 3 x 9)

http://www.silverwell.com.au

6 people like this

Oh Dear, Bryan - what you are doing works, but is NOT the best or safest....  Please be VERY careful!!

The size of the Silver particles is important - and the smaller the better, hence now we can get Ionic Silver (work done re burns treatment, Royal Perth Hospital, Western Australia).

In part, the size of the Silver particles is governed by the current in the process, the lower the better, but make it at as high a voltage as you can.  I made several units using a current-control IC (need to look up equivalent unit now), and powered it at 27volts.

I seem to recall Nexus Magazine also published some circuits and info some years ago.

6 people like this

EagleWings is certainly right on safety, i use a clarks zapper voltage to 27 volts and particle size is very important.

Just a little info on making and using:-

It should take no more than 1 hour to make good quality colloidal silver and should end up a pale yellow (means you have very small particles) if it is grey/dark colour then the water

is not the right quality(i.e. de-ionised). the container you use to make must be well rinsed out with the de-ion water and be free from any grease.

I heat the water in the container to boiling point in a microwave oven and reheat every 10-15 mins. Make sure you clean the electrodes (pure silver) every time, one will start to turn black, keep it clean

I put my container on a small plate for easy (safer) removal from oven.

Between 30-60 mins the water should turn a light yellow, if it is dark/smokey it means you have larger size particles. Larger size particles are more likely to be deposited in the muscle/skin and can lead with excessive use

to your skin going pale or blue. ( if you already have some yellow col silver put a few drops in, it seems to speed up the process)

Colloidal silver will immediately oxidise on contact with acid (turn black) that is why drinking it is not the best way to use it. It is best used topically on the skin, sublingually(under the tongue) as a nasal spray,ear drops

directly on cuts, boils, acne etc. The best way(so I am told) to get it in to the body is by injecting in to your rectum (no I hav'nt tried this method) but GoodVitality will sell you a kit if you wish to try.

The water I use is hospital/medical grade distilled water from chemist/pharmacy. As it is so quick to make I only make enough to last about 2 weeks

How does it work?

It works by coating the cell wall/membrane and thus stops the virus, bacteria, protazoa etc from breathing and kills it. It does'nt affect our cells because they breath differently(through mitochondria within the cell)

Hope this has been a help to you

Bolly

8 people like this

I will add that if you use a Silver Well CS maker, you can set it so it switches electrodes and does not turn one electrode black as in above post. I might add, do your own research because there are some statements I do not agree with and if you go down this path, your own research is a valuable tool.

5 people like this

Mes

A little more on silver in bandages/dressings

As early as 1893, Dr. W.S. Halsted, one of the founders of modern surgery, advocated the use of silver foil in dressings to prevent infections

in surgical wounds. He created the Halsted silver foil bandage. Todays silver based wound dressings are in a large part due to

Dr. Halsted's pioneering work in recognising and utilising the infection fighting qualities of silver

6 people like this

Cross posted from:  http://forums.thechaniproject.com/topic/7414-ebola-a-record/?p=82148

silver002.gif

This is from the good doctor's sales page  http://donate.drrima...ottle-s1001.htm

This knocking colloidal silver to promote the sale of her product's is very disappointing and contains misinformation.

• Argyria is only caused by consuming gallons of the stuff!!!!
  • It was very effective when I had a week old bladder infection so bad I couldn't get out of bed. In 3 days of taking 50ml of colloidal silver (home made)  3x/day was totally cured!!!! If I didn't get antibiotics from doctor or didn't take the silver I would have died. Had temp 39c.
  • I've had a bottle of my colloidal silver for 12 months and the silver  didn't drop out of suspension!!!
  • Home made colloidal silver will NOT contain a multitude of Other Additives providing PURE ingredients are used: .9999 silver, Steam Distilled water (not the Demineralised water, it's not pure!!!)
  • There are lots of Safety and Effectiveness Data around if one cares to look for it.

I've been safe for years of using it and I have experienced the effectiveness personally!!!

KEEP MAKING YOUR COLLOIDAL SILVER AND KEEP TAKING IT!!!!!!!!

8 people like this

Thank you for posting Salustra. Very helpful information you contributed.

3 people like this

Salustra I totally agree with you

I fist made my maker nearly 20 years ago and I have'nt turned blue yet

2 people like this

Cross posted from:  http://forums.thechaniproject.com/topic/7414-ebola-a-record/?p=82148

silver002.gif

This is from the good doctor's sales page  http://donate.drrima...ottle-s1001.htm

This knocking colloidal silver to promote the sale of her product's is very disappointing and contains misinformation.

The Nonexistent 'Colloidal' vs. 'Ionic' Silver Controvery and Dr Rima Laibow

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/rimacsmarketinghype12aug14.shtml

August 12, 2014

On 8/11/2014 , Marilyn wrote:

Hi Ken,

Just needing a bit of clarification re: CS versus nano-silver. These days, several alternative practitioners are claiming that colloidal, or ionic, silver is outdated, and that nano-silver is the "next generation" of silver, and is FAR more effective and safe. Here is an example from the website of one prominent alternative MD, Dr. Rima Laibow of Natural Solutions Foundation:

From: http://www.nsfmarketplace.com/product/dr-rima-recommends-6-pack-silver-olution-nano-silver-10ppm/

snip

Hi Marilyn,

After reading your email again, I see that I didn't completely answer you in the previous reply.

CS can be made using either DC or AC voltage. It can also be made using low, medium or high voltages of either DC or AC. You can get different parameters in properties when using different voltages and waveform type. The so called "nano" silver CS is made with high voltage AC. At very high voltage, you get smaller ions of silver going into solution. They are so small that they don't reflect light and the solution looks clear. There are a few misconceptions being promoted on the internet by self anointed experts on colloidal silver and Rima echoes those misconceptions in her statements.

"Colloidal" silver and "ionic" silver are not two different "things" as she states. They aren't nouns. They are adjectives.

1. All colloidal silver particles made with electrolysis create an "ion" when they come off the silver electrode -- without exception. The silver atom loses an electron from its outer orbit and becomes an ion with a net positive charge. Ions of the same polarity (positive charge) will repel each other in the solution, thus they become evenly distributed throughout the solution.

2. "Colloidal" refers to very fine particles in a liquid solution that are held in suspension in that solution. If the particles fall to the bottom of the glass or cling to the sides, then it's no longer a "colloidal" solution.

So "ionic' silver just refers to the fact that the silver atoms have lost an electron and are now in an "ionic" state and "colloidal" refers to particles in suspension. The "nano' silver that Rima is boasting about has been around for a very long time and is traditionally called "HVAC" silver, or High Voltage AC (AC means "alternating current"). Rima's "Activz Silver" is both colloidal and ionic, whether she realizes it or not.

When very high voltages are involved, additional compounds are formed with HVAC production. Very often, one electrode is placed in the water and the second electrode is held an inch or so above the water to increase arcing. Since air is mainly composed of oxygen and nitrogen, you get an increase of nitric acid in the solution as well as silver oxides, such as Ag404. If you sent a sample of their "Activz Silver" to a lab for analysis, you would get back a report that showed either zero or near zero in silver atoms, but a very high reading of nitric acid.

The silver oxide, per se, doesn't necessarily make the silver more bio-available, but smaller ion size is a legitimate factor is this regard. As far as stability goes, if you measure the ppm of a HVAC solution using a TDS meter, you will see that it will gradually decline as the months roll along. The high voltage employed instates a high level of energy in the electron cloud surrounding the silver atoms, but it doesn't remain in that high energy state for a long period of time. It gradually dwindles as the electron shells come down to a lower state of activity and the ppm will gradually decrease. You will get more activity if you use HVAC silver relatively soon after it's made. HVAC that's been in storage for a year or two will have much lower activity. Do you have any way of knowing when their stuff was made or how long it's been in storage? Of course not.

As far as 18 patents goes, I don't know. I'm dubious. Maybe they can supply the patent numbers and we can take a look at exactly WHAT was patented.

It takes about 2 weeks for the body to remove silver, whether it's called "nano" or not. The Silver Institute explained the mechanism in a 1998 paper. I have a copy. Her statement that their stuff clears out of the body in 24 hours is incorrect.

Colloidal silver made with low voltage DC will look yellow when made with distilled water. Anyone can make it themselves without any worries about the safety concerns involved when using high voltage AC (typically 10, 000 to 12,000 volts AC is employed). Low voltage DC Colloidal silver will deactivate just about every bug in the book. UCLA ran a lengthy test of low voltage CS in 1988 and wrote a report (since disappeared and now denied). Low voltage DC CS killed over 650 pathogens, their entire catalog.

Regards, Ken

PS. Rima was a psychiatrist, not a practicing "alternative" physician. All psychiatrists are required to get a MD in order to practice psychiatry. She's definitely 'prominent,' but for an entirely different reason. Her care in stating "facts" has been called into questions by the Dr Mathias Rath Health Foundation among others.

Codex and Health Freedom – Be Wary of the ‘Instant Experts

http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/THE_FOUNDATION/Events/codex-beware.htm

5 people like this

Thanks again Salustra,

I learned most of this a long time ago and these so called experts just keep popping up now and then.

You do not need to use super high voltages (and the dangers that go with it) to get usable col silver

which is just as effective

2 people like this

As an alternative to using 9v batteries, you can use one of these selectable AC/DC adapters.

Picked this one up at Radio Shack for less than $10 and soldered some alligator clamps on it.

You can get them with voltages selectable up to 24 volts, but this one only goes to 12v.

post-2323-0-13454300-1414013244_thumb.jp

3 people like this