breezy

Earthquakes and Earthshakes

1,150 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone. We don't need to move.

Yes T most of the damage were taken by churches and old building.

The odd thing is the area. That place is known as quake hazard = 0. Is on the old bed of Po river.

Last thing is the deep of the quake, near 500mt ( not Km) deep. Like something is going to emerge from the soil.

Christchurch has been rocked by a 4.8 magnitude earthquake on Sunday evening.

MAY 21, 2012

"It follows a 4.1 magnitude quake four point one quake at 9.35am on Sunday.

The 4.8 quake was centred 20 kilometres east of Christchurch at a depth of eight kilometres and struck at 5.06pm.

The shaking lasted several seconds but so far there have been no reports of damage or injuries.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/canterbury-earthquake/106266/magnitude-4-point-8-quake-hits-christchurch

Italy quake

MAY 21, 2012

"The epicentre of the 6.0-magnitude quake was in the province of Modena, but it was felt from Venice to Milan.

It has left thousands homeless and reduced historic buildings in cities including Bologna and Verona to rubble.

The quake hit in the early hours of Sunday (local time) as people were sleeping, sending terrified residents running into the street.

"I am 83 and I have never felt anything like this," Lina Gardenghi said in the town of Bondeno, near Ferrara."

Read about this earthquake here....To all our friends affected by any of these earth changes take care and be safe...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-21/death-toll-rises-after-italy-quake/4022720

Strong shallow 5.6 magnitude earthquake strikes west Bulgaria

May 22, 2012

bulgaria.gif?w=640extinctionprotocol.

BULGARIA – A very strong shallow 5.6 magnitude earthquake has struck the region of Bulgaria north of Pernik. The depth of the earthquake was 9.1 km (5.7 miles) and the epicenter 24 km (14 miles) W of SOFIA, Bulgaria and east of Route 63 near Meshtitsa. SW Bulgaria is a region of the country especially prone to large seismic earthquakes. According to EMSC, a 5.2 magnitude earthquake aftershock struck about an hour after the original quake. The USGS listed the aftershock as a 4.9 tremor. The second tremor was followed by a third tremor of lesser intensity measuring around a 4.3 magnitude at a 9.3 km depth.

Residents near the epicenter of the earthquakes said the jolts were so strong and intense, many were awakened from sleep and too agitated to try and sleep again, as the aftershocks continue to ripple into the early hours of the morning. The first earthquake struck at around 3 am in the morning. There is no word yet on injuries or damage from today’s earthquake

The Kozloduy nuclear power plant is also about 200 km northeast of Sofia and there has been no word yet from government officials on if safety-precedures called for the plant to be shut down or taken-off lineas a precautionary measure in light of the recent seismic activity erupting in the southwest region of the country. We will update this post as soon as we receive more information. –The Extinction Protocol

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/

oh realy??

a strong shallow quake?

i wonder what was under the epicenter

i even wonder what came over me to post this 2 days before the quake

http://thechaniproject.com/forum/index.php/topic,2206.50.html

view the vid (again for those that viewed it already) and see if you can spot the 1st target ;)

i was asked earlier today by Blue ET, what i propose as an answer to the hijacking/piracy of our otherwise wonderful world (in the free will thread), well can this be proof that we are past propositions and at the stage of assertive action?

a poem for mr scroodge aka soros

georgie porgie went to town

bought himself a bunker

oh poor georgie

now its down under

enjoy

I'd say that was a direct hit...you had the triangle right on...damn!!

John Galt - Pandora's Box Will Be Opened..

Posted By: Jordon [send E-Mail]

Date: Tuesday, 22-May-2012 17:33:19

I found this on Kerry Cassidy's blog, some of this rings true to me. (I did not see any attached pictures)-Jordon

~~~~~~

Tuesday, 22 May 2012 01:27

Written by Kerry Cassidy

SOLAR FLARE / ELECTRICAL EVENT WARNING

I was sent the following from someone who calls himself 'John Galt'... which I believe comes from Ayn Rand's book...

The following info has not been vetted or verified. If you wish to respond to the this feel free to post comments or email me.

~~~~~~~

A massive solar flare is about to cause an electrical event beyond your imagination. This is the same electrical event that carved the Himalayan mountains. I have attached an article describing ley lines and dragon paths.

Hundreds of new skyscrapers have been built around the world to catch the atmospheric electricity and disperse it into the ground. This is why the Pyramids were built !!! They grounded and dispersed electrical discharge. This is what mosques and temples were built for. Why do you think mosques are covered in gold and have tall thin spires around them ???? (SEE ATTACHED PIC). Why do you think skyscrapers have spires that are so massive. They are not radio transmitters. They are massive electrical grounding structures.

Chemtrails are currently being used to insulate the earth's surface from excess ionization above the ionosphere. Just think about what your seeing. The USA's electrical grid and power outages are at an all time high (it's not caused by old infrastructure as the media propaganda would have you believe). A solar flare is about to cause a disaster beyond your imagination. What do you think the GOLD BALL AT THE VATICAN represents ??!! (SEE ATTACHED PIC). Why do you think the aurora is getting lower and moving toward the equator.

The sun(son) is returning. WAKE-UP. Just look at the new skyscrapers being built. Most completion dates are 2012. Most start dates were 2001. There is a reason for this. Talk to an electrical expert if you have to. Where do you think all the knight and dragon myths came from. Chemtrails are our shield, skyscrapers are our swords. Why do you think China built 1000s of pyramids in 5000BC. They knew thousands of years ago and they know now. Since the year 2000, thousands of skyscrapers have been built to absorb and disperse most atmospheric electrical discharge.

What you call the illuminati have known this for eons. JesUS, YaWEh died on the cross. Most of WE US died on the cross going through the photon belt. The ionized space will charge our sun and atmosphere to an incredible level. Aurora is Athena is Minerva (she was born from Jupiter's head). She was born to fight for Zeus (Jupiter). Our aurora is Demeter who is the reaper. She was Jupiter's aurora which interacted with a solar flare thousands of years ago. The aurora will be so intense it will act like an ARC welder (Noah's ARC, the ARC of the covenant). The electrical arcing also occurs under ground.

It actually will melt through rock and cause volcanic activity and earthquakes. This is the real reason for the increase in earthquakes. They are actually underground electrical explosions !!! This is what caused Japans tsunami. This is actually how HAARP causes an earthquake. This electrical energy is also how the human race will become free of fossil fuel. Your scientists will finally be allowed to use it to create free energy. Pandora's box will be opened. - "John Galt"

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=240460

6.0 magnitude earthquake strikes off the northeast coast of Japan

May 23, 2012

"A 6.0 magnitude earthquake have struck off the northeast coast of Japan at a depth of 40 km (25.3 miles). The epicenter of the earthquake was 109 km (68 miles) NNE (26°) from Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan and some 666 km (414 miles) NNE (17°) from TOKYO, Japan. Today’s earthquake is only the latest in an escalating series of recent earthquakes plaguing the eastern shores of Japan. A 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Honshu, Japan on May 20, 2012. Seismic tension is rising along this corridor of Japan and these quakes are indications that a larger earthquake lurks."

Magnitude 4 quake shakes Imperial County area

May 23, 2012

CALEXICO, Calif. -- A small earthquake has shaken the California-Mexico border region near the Imperial County city of Calexico.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude-4 temblor occurred at 8:06 a.m. Tuesday.

The epicenter was a dozen miles west of Calexico and 76 miles east of Tijuana.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/22/4508403/magnitude-4-quake-shakes-imperial.html#storylink=cpy

Something I would like to share with all our kiwi friends.

Researchers have discovered New Zealand's earthquake-prone landscape is even more unstable than previously thought, recording deep tremors lasting up to 30 minutes on its biggest fault line.

Scientists measured the so-called "creeping earthquakes" when they investigated a puzzling lack of major seismic jolts along a section of the Alpine Fault, which runs the length of the South Island.

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-quakes-rumble-zealand.html

New quake shakes nervous Christchurch

May 25, 2012

"NERVOUS shoppers fled into the streets when a 4.7-magnitude earthquake rattled the New Zealand city of Christchurch, halting rebuilding work following last year's tremor that killed 185.

These were no immediate reports of damage or injuries and police and ambulance services said they had received no calls for assistance.

The quake struck at 12.44pm (AEST) at a shallow depth of eight kilometres about 25 kilometres east of New Zealand's second largest city, the US Geological Survey said.

The Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority, which is overseeing reconstruction after the deadly 6.3 tremor in February last year, said it suspended demolition work in the city centre as a precaution.

Christchurch has experienced thousands of aftershocks in the past 18 months, delaying efforts to rebuild and further unsettling residents."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/new-quake-shakes-nervous-christchurch/story-e6frg6so-1226367066929

seems to me that they've had more than one earthquake in the same area in the last 24 hours...but now the maps don't show more than 2...still the people are weary and worried...take care all of our friends from New Zealand...

Shallow 6.2 earthquake violently shakes sea-floor of Norwegian Sea

May 24, 2012 – ARCTIC CIRCLE - "A strong 6.2 magnitude earthquake shook a region of the Norwegian Sea at a depth of 8.8 km (5.5 miles). The epicenter of the Arctic earthquake was 1078 km (670 miles) NW (307°) from Murmansk, Russia and 1468 km (912 miles) NE (36°) from Reykjavik, Iceland. This earthquake was very shallow and more Arctic earthquakes of this nature can be expected as the planet’s magnetic field weakens further and the migration of the magnetic north pole continues its race towards Siberia."

Fourth earthquake rocks East Texas

May 27, 2012

Glenn Evans

"The fourth earthquake in 16 days hit East Texas early Saturday.

No injuries or significant damage were reported from the preliminary magnitude 2.5 temblor that hit about 1:30 a.m., said Larry Burns, emergency management coordinator in Timpson.

The quake was centered about seven miles southeast of town, near FM 1645 and Texas 87, according to information from the U.S. Geological Survey.

snip

“I think they’ve determined we are up to seven in the last 12 months,” the mayor said, dating the first reports to July. “But some of them were smaller than the (Geological Survey) keeps up.”

Smith reported the most recent shakeup was less dramatic than a May 17 quake that recently was upgraded to magnitude 4.8, woke residents and was blamed for one injury in the northern Shelby County town of 1,166.

snip

The first quake, on May 10, measured magnitude 3.7. The May 17 earthquake was followed three days later by a 2.7 tremor that struck at 1:28 p.m. one week ago today about a mile south of Timpson.

snip

Several residents expressed suspicions that mineral extraction could be a factor in the unusual seismic activity.<<<<<IOW FRACKING????

“It’s kind of unnerving,” Smith said. “Everybody I talked to said it’s too early to determine if there is any connection to the oil and gas industry and anything significant causing it"

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/fourth-earthquake-rocks-east-texas/article_5f9c04c3-add8-509b-b58c-fbbb03f01737.html

Deep 6.0 magnitude earthquake strikes the Bonin Islands region of Japan

May 27, 2012 –

JAPAN – "A deep 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck the region of the Bonin Islands at a depth of 472.6 km (293.7 miles). The epicenter of the earthquake was 201 km (124 miles) W of Chichi-shima, Bonin Islands, Japan and 979 km (608 miles) S of Tokyo, Japan. There was no tsunami threat from the Bonin Islands earthquake. However, the quake was the second 6.0 magnitude earthquake to strike off the coast of Japan in four days."

I'm back  ;D

I've been on the field to help people.

'Very moving earth' Chani entity said ... Tenton beams (?) .. Sun ... too much for me.

But a seismologist said that an similar event  in the same area occurred in the 1600 and lasted for 4 years!!

Basically Africa plate is pushing from south.

Enjoy some data:

http://cnt.rm.ingv.it/

http://portale.ingv.it/real-time-monitoring/emergeo/emergeo_preliminare_eng_26052012.pdf

More aftershocks hit Italy, thousands still homeless

28 May 2012 | 00:04 | FOCUS News Agency

"Rome. A force 4.0 tremor hit northern Italy on Sunday, one of the strongest of a series of aftershocks that have hit the area since it was struck by a magnitude 6.0 earthquake a week ago which killed seven people and made thousands homeless, Reuters reports.

The Civil Protection Authority said the quake hit an area near Modena at around 1820 GMT and checks for damage were being carried out.

Thousands of people are still accommodated in tents or other makeshift housing a week after the original earthquake, the most serious to hit Italy since the 2009 shock in L'Aquila which killed almost 300.

An almost continuous series of minor aftershocks has rattled the area over the past days, making it potentially unsafe for many people to return to their badly damaged homes.

Last Sunday's earthquake carved a swathe of destruction across the prosperous Emilia Romagna region, destroying or damaging hundreds of buildings including homes, factories and farms as well as historic churches and castles.

The government of Prime Minister Mario Monti has declared a state of emergency and pledged emergency funding of around 50 million euros.

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n278992

Please stay safe all our friends in any affected area of the world...and thank you for your post Deela...

Strong quake strikes northern Argentina - USGS

Monday, May 28, 2012

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.4 earthquake struck northern Argentina early on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake occurred at 2:07 a.m. local time (5.07 a.m. British time) and was centred 72 miles (116 km) east-southeast of Santiago del Estero, the USGS said.

There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage from the quake, which was upgraded from an initial 6.3."

(Reporting by Paul Simao; Editing by John Stonestreet)

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/5/28/worldupdates/2012-05-28T052934Z_1_BRE84R02W_RTROPTT_0_UK-QUAKE-ARGENTINA&sec=Worldupdates

We don't have enough, another quake striked 5 minutes ago. The building shaked but no damage in the area where i'm in...

5.7 mag. - Epicenter: Novi di Modena. Major damages to buiildings.

When i found more data i'll post.

I'm getting used to shaking earth.... no good ;)

We don't have enough, another quake striked 5 minutes ago. The building shaked but no damage in the area where i'm in...

5.7 mag. - Epicenter: Novi di Modena. Major damages to buiildings.

When i found more data i'll post.

I'm getting used to shaking earth.... no good ;)

Thanks Deela, keep us posted an stay safe

Ok let's rock!

at 12,30 and 12,57 (CET +1 ) another couple of shakes.

The count of victims reached 10.

If anything new come out i'll post this evening.

Second deadly quake in Italy

May 29, 2012

Stephen Jewkes

Reuters

"CAVEZZO, Italy – An earthquake killed 16 people and injured about 350 in northern Italy on Tuesday, spreading fear among thousands of residents living in tents after a similarly strong tremor in the same region flattened their homes nine days ago.

Rescuers were searching through the rubble of houses and warehouses in the Emilia-Romagna region, where several building sites had just reopened after the previous quake on May 20.

Officials said 16 people were confirmed dead, more than twice the number killed in the May 20 quake that, like Tuesday’s, had its epicentre near the city of Modena. The number of those forced to leave their homes doubled to 14,000.

Many residents ran out of buildings when they felt the 5.8-magnitude tremor, which hit shortly after 0700 GMT just as operations to rebuild the quake-struck region were under way.

“As we were coming down the stairs, we heard the sound of crumbling houses around us. There was a big cloud of dust,” said 72-year-old Giulio in Cavezzo, a badly damaged village about 30 km (20 miles) from Modena where three died."

read more here 

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/29/strong-earthquake-hits-northern-italy

Swarm of 30 tremors shake Hawaii’s Mount Kilauea volcano

May 30, 2012

HAWAII – A swarm of 30 earthquakes rattled Hawaii’s Mount Kilauea volcano over a 48 period from Monday to Tuesday. The strongest of the tremors was a 3.3 magnitude earthquake which erupted on May 29, at a depth of 10 km. Most of the tremors have been very shallow, with most registering at depths of less than 8 km. Geologists have been warning for the last year that Hawaii’s seemingly placid volcano is capable of very violent large-scale outbursts so close monitoring of volcanic activity is crucial.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/seismic/volcweb/earthquakes/

Earthquake: 4.1 quake strikes near Malibu

May 29, 2012

A shallow magnitude 4.1 earthquake was reported Tuesday evening 30 miles from Malibu , according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The temblor occurred at 10:14 p.m. Pacific time at a depth of 0 miles.

According to the USGS, the epicenter was 35 miles from Port Hueneme , 35 miles from Channel Islands Beach, 37 miles from Oxnard and 53 miles from Los Angeles Civic Center.

In the last 10 days, there have been no earthquakes magnitude 3.0 and greater centered nearby"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/05/earthquake-41-quake-strikes-near-malibu-8njmwt.html

Seattle Fault Zone -- 900-930 AD earthquake larger than previously thought

MAY 30, 2012    INFO Post

"A fresh look at sedimentary evidence suggests the 900-930 AD rupture of the Seattle fault possibly produced a larger earthquake than previously recognized. The Seattle fault zone, a series of active-east-west trending thrust faults, poses seismic threat to the Puget Sound region."

The 900-930 AD rupture is the only known large earthquake along the Seattle Fault, making geological records of prehistoric events the only clues to the earthquake potential of the fault.

While a graduate student at the University of Washington, Maria Arcos looked at tsunami and debris flow deposits – both evidence of a paleo-quake – in the coastal marsh at Gorst, Washington. She also identified evidence of at least three meters of uplift that preceded a tsunami, which was followed by a sandy debris flow from Gorst Creek, and suggests that the 900-930 AD quake covered a greater geographic area than previous fault interpretations.

The revised height and width of deformation caused by the quake may influence current interpretations of the Seattle fault's structure. This study found a minimum of three meters of uplift at Gorst, which is double the amount of previous fault models for the same location. A broader zone of deformation, says Arcos, may indicate either a wider zone of slip along the dip of the fault, a shallower dip or splay faults farther to the south.

More information: "The A.D. 900 – 930 Seattle Fault Zone Earthquake with a Wider Coseismic Rupture Patch and Postseismic Submergence: Inferences from New Sedimentary Evidence," published in BSSA, Vol 102:3; DOI:10.1785/0120110123

Provided bySeismological Society of America

http://phys.org/news/2012-05-seattle-fault-zone-.html

3.5 Hawai’i Island Earthquake, No Tsunami

May 31, 2012

By Wendy Osher

"There was no tsunami threat following a 3.5 magnitude earthquake reported at 11:15 a.m. on Thursday, May 31, 2012 on Hawai’i Island.

The earthquake was located: 11 miles N of Pahala, HI; 16 miles WSW of Volcano, HI; 22 miles NNE of Naalehu, HI; 34 miles SW of Hilo, HI; and 203 miles SE of Honolulu, HI.

The US Geological Survey, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Hawaii National Park, recorded the data, reporting the earthquake to be at a depth of 0.3 miles.

No tsunami was generated"

http://mauinow.com/2012/05/31/3-5-hawaii-island-earthquake-no-tsunami/

Earthquake of magnitude 5.8 jolts Indonesian town

June 1, 2012

Manokwari: A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck Indonesia's West Papua province on Friday, the US Geological Survey reported, sending panicked residents rushing outdoors.

The quake, which struck at 15:56 pm local time (06:56 GMT) near the town of Manokwari in eastern Indonesia, had residents leaving homes and buildings, but there were no immediate reports of damage.

"I was outside my house when the ground began to shake. I ran indoors to grab my three grandchildren who were napping inside and rushed back out," said Leo Ayomi, a 60-year-old grandmother.

The quake struck 92 kilometre (57 miles) west of Manokwari at a depth of 24 kilometre."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/earthquake-of-magnitude-5-8-jolts-indonesian-town-221062

Japanese seismologists warn seismic tension is building on a tectonic plate east of Tokyo

June 2, 2012

5/31/2012 -- Japanese officials forecast LARGE Tokyo earthquake soon

6.2 then a 6.6 on seafloor just southwest of Panama today....

June 4, 2012 – PANAMA - A shallow 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck the sea-floor just SW of Panama. The earthquake was preceded by a 6.2 magnitude earthquake in the same region. The strong magnitude earthquakes erupted along the jagged corner of the Nazca plate which is subducting under the South American plate. The epicenter of the quakes was 230 miles (370 km) south of David, Panama, at a depth of 6.0 miles (10.5 km).

more at link

https://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/6-6-magnitude-earthquake-strikes-seafloor-just-southwest-of-panama/

Italy: Eighteenth-century symbol of perseverance crumbles  :'(

Modena, 4 June (AKI) - An 18th century clocktower that became a symbol of perseverance amid a devastating pair of earthquakes in northern Italy, has crumbled under the force of strong aftershocks.

The Novi di Modena tower, crashed to the ground at around 9 pm Sunday during a 5.1 magnitude aftershock. On 20 May, a 5.9 magnitude quake in the northeast Emilia-Romagna region left gaping holes in the tower. But it resisted dozens of aftershocks, including a 5.8 temblor on 29 May, becoming a type of symbol of steadfast resistance to surrendering to a disaster that killed around two dozen people, left 18,000 homeless, and caused around 5 billion euros of damage.

"The tower has fallen, but we're still standing, said Novi di Modena mayor Luisa Turci.

Monday is a national day of mourning for the victims, marked by a minute of silence in Italian schools.

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Aki/English/Security/Italy-Eighteenth-century-symbol-of-perseverance-crumbles_313371264856.html

FINALEMILIA_adn--400x300%5B1%5D.jpg

People there is living in a nerve wreking situation. They can't start to rebuild or adjust things 'cause the fear of new quakes.

Six tremors this morning, strongest recorded 2. 6

Italy  June 3, 2012

"There has been a fall in the number of earthquake tremors recorded in areas across the provinces of Mantova, Modena and Ferrara, where two earthquakes on May 20 and 29 tore devastated churches and businesses, leaving a total of 19 people dead.

Between 07:00 and 13:00 today, Italy's institute for the monitoring of seismic activity (INGV) recorded 6 tremors, compared to several dozen over the same period of time in recent days. The magnitude of the tremors is also falling and in recent hours has not risen above 2.6 on the Richter Scale. . ."

http://www.agi.it/english-version/italy/elenco-notizie/201206031408-cro-ren1041-six_tremors_this_morning_strongest_recorded_2_6

6.6 and 6.2 magnitude earthquakes strikes seafloor just southwest of Panama

June 4, 2012

panama-2.gif?w=640theextinctionprotocol

"PANAMA - A shallow 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck the sea-floor just SW of Panama. The earthquake was preceded by a 6.2 magnitude earthquake in the same region. The strong magnitude earthquakes erupted along the jagged corner of the Nazca plate which is subducting under the South American plate. The epicenter of the quakes was 230 miles (370 km) south of David, Panama, at a depth of 6.0 miles (10.5 km). There was no tsunami threat, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said. The quake was reported to have occurred at 6:45 local time (0045 GMT). Yesterday, the same region was rattled by a 4.7 earthquake at a depth of about 10.5 km. A low level tsunami alert was issued for the region but was later canceled."

Earthquake sways tall buildings in Indonesia's capital but causes no damage or tsunami

June 4, 2012

JAKARTA, Indonesia — A strong earthquake swayed tall buildings in Indonesia's capital Monday afternoon but caused no tsunami or apparent damage.

Office workers said the swaying was felt for about 10 seconds in high-rise buildings around the city of 9 million people. Even two-story homes shook strongly.

No damage or casualties have been reported. Earthquakes occur frequently across the sprawling archipelago nation, but it is uncommon for tremors to be felt in Jakarta.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the 5.9-magnitude quake hit in the Indian Ocean 100 kilometers (62 miles) southwest of Sukabumi, a town in West Java province. It was about 171 kilometers (106 miles) from Jakarta and 67 kilometers (41 miles) beneath the ocean floor.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/a74bd23100f6439cb7f85a6edee677fb/AS--Indonesia-Earthquake

Mayo earthquake surprises geologists

June 6, 2012

LORNA SIGGINS and ÁINE RYAN

A LEADING seismologist has said yesterday’s earthquake off the west coast was “unexpected” and poses “very interesting questions for geologists”.

The earthquake, which registered a magnitude of four on the Richter scale, was recorded as 60km west of Belmullet, Co Mayo, at a depth of 3km, at 8.58am. It was the largest local seismic event ever recorded, according to Tom Blake of the Irish National Seismic Network (INSN) and the Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies.

"It was also the second-largest local earthquake on record in either Britain or Ireland, he said – the first being of 5.4 magnitude on July 19th, 1984, off the west coast of Wales and felt in Waterford and Wicklow.

A 2.7 magnitude tremor was recorded in Lisdoonvarna, Co Clare, in May 2010.

The Irish Coast Guard recorded instances of structural damage to houses in Erris, Co Mayo, yesterday and the British Geological Survey said the impact was felt in Galway, Mayo and Sligo."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0607/1224317443871.html

Lots of drilling going on in the area...could it have anything to do with the eq? 

Moderate quake shakes Argentina

June 2, 2012

"A moderate earthquake measuring 5.8 shook northern Argentina on Saturday, US researchers reported. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.

The epicenter of the tremor, which occurred at 4:52 am (0752 GMT), was located sparsely-populated region 129 kilometers (80 miles) east from the Bolivian city of Tarija and 314 kilometers west from the Paraguayan town of Mariscal Estigarribia, according to the US Geological Survey.

The depth of the epicenter was 529 kilometers.

The reading was based on the open-ended Moment Magnitude scale used by US seismologists, which measures the area of the fault that ruptured and the total energy released."

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article-display-1.asp?xfile=data/international/2012/June/international_June35.xml&section=international

Earthquake hits Taiwan

June 3, 2012

"A powerful earthquake has hit off the coast of south-eastern Taiwan, but no casualties or damage were reported on the island.

Taiwan’s Central Weather Bureau said the quake struck on Wednesday at 9.08 a.m. (0108 GMT) and had a magnitude of 5.9. It put its epicentre about 52 kilometres southeast of the coastal city of Taitung.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude was 5.7. The quake was not felt in the capital of Taipei, about 400 kilometres north of the epicentre."

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article3496011.ece

"Whopping” number of earthquakes shake around Hawaii volcano

"HAWAII VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK, Hawaii: A large number of earthquakes has been rattling the Volcano area on Hawaii Island over the last few days. The quakes have been small, with no damage reported. Still, a handful of those temblors have been 3.0 magnitude and over.

The USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory’s “Recent Earthquakes in Hawaii” page shows a constant swarm of quakes surrounding the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home of the active Kilauea Volcano. We took a screen grab of the screen of the USGS HVO earthquake page, and it shows the long list stretching all the way back to Friday, June 1st.

16 earthquakes have already registered on the list before noon on Tuesday, Hawaii time."

read more here...

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2012/06/05/whopping-number-of-earthquakes-shake-around-hawaii-volcano/

Southern hemisphere rattled by wave of moderate seismic earthquakes

June 7, 2012

SOUTH AMERICA - A strong 5.8 (6.2 EMSC) magnitude earthquake shook Maule, Chile but there were no reports of damage, the Andean neighbors’ national emergency offices said.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake struck 102 km (63 miles) from Maule and 282 km (175 miles) from Santiago, Chile. The earthquake was followed by a 4.7 magnitude earthquake in Coquimbo, Chile. A third earthquake, a 6.0 magnitude quake struck southern Peru with an epicenter 119 km (74 miles) WNW (298°) from Arequipa, Peru and 648 km (402 miles) SE (131°) from Lima, Peru. The earthquake in Peru struck at a depth of 99.7 km (62.0 miles).

Seismic tension has been building along the Nazca tectonic plate bordering South America over the last few days.  Similarly, Fiji was hit by a deep 5.9 magnitude earthquake and Tonga was rattled by a 5.1 quake. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage in Chile,  according to a spokeswoman for Chile’s state emergency office (ONEMI).

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/southern-hemisphere-rattled-by-wave-of-moderate-seismic-earthquakes/

Quake hits northern NSW

ALISON BRANLEY

08 Jun, 2012 10:57 PM

"AN earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 was recorded between Tamworth and Gunnedah tonight.

Emergency services received phone calls from areas including Tamworth, Gunnedah and Maules Creek from about 9.30pm reporting that the ground moved and buildings rattled.

No one has been reported injured and there have been no reports of damage.

There has been reported of sirens in Armidale.

Geoscience Australia reported a quake of 4.2 magnitude at 9.31pm.

Geoscience Australia said the quake could have been felt up to 76kilometres away and caused damage up to 6 kilometres away.

It shows there were two distinct tremors.

Geoscience Australia data shows it was the 10th tremor recorded in mainland Australia this week.

It had a depth of 17 kilometres."

Read more here 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/quake-hits-northern-nsw/2585193.aspx

I kind of found there's a pattern of quakes...when Australia has a quake, then PNG, Indonesia, or Japan seem to be hit by a fairly large quakes within 2~3 days after Australia.

I'm hoping it wouldn't happen but will see...

It was on 9th, so around 11~12th June 2012 we may see something jolting out North...