Botanic

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon

122 posts in this topic

WTH is sitting on the Moon!??

In case there'd be a nasty copyright problem, I can't put the image directly up here.

This will make you HUH?(。´・ω・)? IMHO.....

Apollo 8 footage:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/frame/?AS08-18-2908

Apollo 17 footage of the same region:

http://tothemoon.ser.asu.edu/data_a/AS17/raw/AS17-160-23947.tif

5 people like this

A Humanoid formed Robot/Being on the Moon

Google Moon coordinates: 27°34'26, 35"N 19°36"4, 75"W

2 people like this

Lunar Wave May 13 2016, 22:22p.m. EST

here is a much longer video  interesting 

Friday the 13th Half Moon

4 people like this

Russia to launch yearly manned flights to Moon starting 2025

May 28, 2016

5749c9a9c46188e8558b459a.jpg

"Russia plans to launch one or two manned space missions to the Moon each year between 2025 and 2040, a source in the leading research institute of Russia’s Roscosmos state space corporation told TASS.

The yearly manned space flights, part of Russia’s moon exploration program, will include flyovers and landings on the lunar surface. In order to achieve these goals, Russia plans to use a new type of a manned spacecraft called the Federatsiya (Federation).

Russian space rocket corporation Energia will start construction of the spacecraft and software development this summer, the company’s chief designer told journalists.

The Federatsiya will be a new generation vessel to replace the currently used Soyuz spaceships. It is designed for transferring people and delivering cargo to the moon and the International Space Station (ISS). Its crew will be four to six cosmonauts. The spaceship is expected to be able to operate autonomously for up to 30 days. It can be deployed to the ISS for up to one year.

The testing of the spacecraft is expected to start in 2021, with an unmanned flight launched from Russia’s new Vostochny spaceport in the Far Eastern Amur region. The first test will be followed by two more launches in 2023, including one manned flight. The Angara A5B heavy carrier rocket will be used for the launches, TASS reports."
snip
tx w
5 people like this

I'm not sure if this vid has been posted before, but if you haven't seen it yet, I think you'd go OMG as you watch it.

This shot was taken apparently from an amateur astronomer taking shot through his/her own telescope.

Friggin well done, I'd say....!!

Thanks heaps to 511Anonymouss kanal for reposting it!(・ω・)ノ The original poster was Sainsdola.

4 people like this

Chinese scientists study viability of manned radar station on the moon

August 21, 2016

Stephen Chen

"China has commissioned a group of scientists to study the feasibility of building a manned radar station on the moon, but many experts on the mainland have questioned the potentially massive cost of the project and the usefulness of building such a base.

The government project was launched earlier this year and received kick-start funding of 16 million yuan (HK$18.7 million) from the National Natural Science Foundation of China, according to its website.

post-5-0-65158500-1471918113_thumb.jpg

The proposed facility, which may include quarters for astronauts and a powerful radar antenna array at least 50 metres high, could monitor wider areas of our planet than existing satellites, according to scientists involved in the study.

The base, which would be used for scientific research and defence monitoring, could also produce more powerful and clearer images of earth as the high-frequency microwaves emitted by the radar station could not only penetrate cloud, but also the earth’s surface, allowing it to monitor areas on land, under the sea and underground."
snip

2 people like this

Why this November's "supermoon" could be once in a lifetime

Nov. 4, 2016          Brian Mastoianni

Image result for red moon eclipse 2015

image courtesy: blog.daum.net

"There hasn’t been a full moon like this one in more than six decades.

Sure, we’ve seen supermoons before — this will be the second in a series of three this fall. But the full moon that peaks on Monday, November 14 will be closer to Earth than any other since 1948. The full moon won’t come this close again until 2034.

The scientific term “perigree moon” refers to when the moon is at its closest point to Earth in its orbit. When a perigree moon coincides with the full moon, the extra-large, brightly lit moon is known as a supermoon.

NASA says this month’s supermoon will appear 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than a typical full moon

snip

This moon will reach the crest of its full phase at 8:52 a.m. Eastern time, and perigree will occur within about an hour to an hour and a half of that time, according to EarthSky.org. But it should look exceptionally big and bright throughout the night.

snip

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/supermoon-november-2016-closest-to-earth-since-1948/

3 people like this

Interesting article in Business Insider? Watch the video at the link.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-would-happen-moon-exploded-2016-11

What would happen to the Earth if the moon exploded

4 people like this

Just a note, the original works for me.

2 people like this

Proof The MOON Is A Hollow Artificial Satellite? 1/15/17

Couldn't help but think of T and the Announcement while watching this video

3 people like this

Apollo 17, Dec 1972, image AS17-135-20680 :

The Pyramid on our Moon

I'm not sure if this info got posted before, but I'm posting for archiving reason.

This file is in the NASA archive, and you can reach the page here.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/images17.html

Apollo 17_pyramid image_official NASA archive_1.jpg

What you see is below. (c) nasa, rightful owner. Shared only for educational purpose. No money is made from the post.

Apollo 17_pyramid image_official NASA archive_low_1.jpg

Have fun adjusting the image!(∩´∀`)∩

3 people like this

India’s first lunar probe found orbiting moon eight years after losing radio contact

Shehab Khan   March 10, 2017

NASA finds the Chandrayaan spacecraft 200 kilometres above the lunar surface 

'India’s first lunar probe, Chandrayaan-1, has been found orbiting the moon eight years after it lost radio contact. 

The spacecraft was found 200 kilometres above the lunar surface by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California. 

Chandrayaan was India’s first mission to the moon and was launched in 2008. 

After 3,400 orbits around the moon, communication with the probe was lost in 2009. 

“We have been able to detect NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) and the Indian Space Research Organisation’s Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft in lunar orbit with ground-based radar,” Marina Brozovic, a radar scientist at NASA and principal investigator for the test project said, according to the Hindustan Times. "

snip

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-first-lunar-probe-chandrayaan-found-moon-orbit-eight-years-isro-radio-contact-lost-a7622431.html

4 people like this

Idaho officials: Be prepared, be patient during total solar eclipse

The countdown is on: just a little over a month until the total solar eclipse - the first to cross the entire country since 1918!

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to flock to the Gem State to see this phenomenon, as 19 Idaho counties are in the path of totality and people there will witness total obscuration of the sun.

Several state agencies have been working together and gearing up for the historic event since last year and they have a strong message to send to visitors and locals: if you plan on viewing the total eclipse or if you're anywhere near the path in Idaho, you will be affected by this event somehow, so state agencies want to make sure everyone is prepared and patient.

"This is a big deal; it's not just a big deal for people in Idaho, this is a big deal for people across the world," Idaho Transportation Department Communication Manager Vincent Trimboli told KTVB.

State leaders are estimating up to 500,000 people will be spread out over the Gem State - mostly in Idaho's smallest, rural towns because they will have the best view.

"Probably could be the largest traffic event for Idaho," Trimboli added.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/eclipse/idaho-officials-be-prepared-be-patient-during-total-solar-eclipse/458069870

3 people like this

We live about 7 miles from the city of Helen, Georgia.  we're in the direct path.  I'm so excited.

Helen
The town of Helen, GA is as picturesque a place as any. It is the path of the eclipse and duration is 1 minute 40 seconds.

http://goseetheeclipse.com/georgia/

2 people like this

I just moved out of the direct path (Columbia, SC). For some reason, I'm not supposed to be in the direct path.

I do still remember the 1979 one. I was in elementary school. :-)

3 people like this

I taped the May 10th 1994 annular eclipse with a VHS recorder and a welding glass it worked pretty good, it's quite an odd event to experience I remember one in the late 70 s or early eighties too but I was quite young the school wouldn't let us outside to protect r eyes I remember 

south of Toronto for me 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_May_10,_1994

4 people like this

Rare moon occurrence coming … and the last time it happened was 152 years ago!

Jan. 10, 2018    J. Holland

Super-Moon.jpg

image: pixabay

"We started the new year with a supermoon, the Wolf Moon, and another one is on the way.

Jan. 31 will bring the third supermoon in a row, the second full moon of January and a total lunar eclipse, all at the same time.

The last time the three happened together was 152 years ago on March 31, 1866.

The combination is known as a blood moon, a blue moon and a supermoon – all together."

http://yellowhammernews.com/featured/yet-another-supermoon-month/

Super Blue Blood-Moon 2018: When, Where and How to See It This Month

Jesse Emspak    Jan. 4, 2018

snip video

"January skywatchers are in for a rare treat: a Blue Moon, a total lunar eclipse and a supermoon all in the same month. 

A Blue Moon is when two full moons happen in the same calendar month; lunar eclipses occur when the moon passes into Earth's shadow; and supermoons happen when the moon's perigee — its closest approach to Earth in a single orbit — coincides with a full moon. In this case, the supermoon also happens to be the day of the lunar eclipse.

The first full moon of January will take place on the night of Jan. 1 or the morning of Jan. 2, depending on your location. The second full moon and the lunar eclipse will occur on the night of Jan. 31 or the morning of Feb. 1. And the supermoon will take place on the night of Jan. 30, which is technically one day before the moon reaches peak fullness, but even NASA is willing to call the event a supermoon nonetheless."

snip

https://www.space.com/39208-super-blue-blood-moon-guide.html

4 people like this

What's Inside the Moon Documentary Most Shocking Secret Ever Discovered

2 people like this