The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

Earthquakes and Earthshakes

Just to note i didnt see any reference to this on USGS ,,so ?

Earthquake east of Barbados

On Wednesday 20th April at 6:52 am local time, an earthquake occurred east of Barbados. The event was located at 13.35°N and 56.29°W. The magnitude was 6.9 and depth of 155km. The event was reported felt in St. Vincent. Please note that these results have been reviewed by a seismologist.

http://www.uwiseismic.com/NewsDetails.aspx?id=396

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Barbados-jolted-by-earthquake

• Like 8

I saw that one on my Twitter feed. The usgs actually did report it, but only rated it at 5.8. Though they seem to consistently downgrade quakes, it's not usually by that much.

post-2154-0-98431800-1461188476_thumb.pn

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us20005k4s#general

Also, CSEM / EMSC rated it at 5.6.

Magnitude 5.6

Region NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN

Date time 2016-04-20 10:51:39.5 UTC

Location 13.25 N ; 55.96 W

Depth 10 km

http://m.emsc.eu/earthquake/earthquake.php?evid=501878

I wonder why there's such a discrepancy.

• Like 8

It seems the reports from the islands rate the Barbados quake higher. I wonder if it has to do with where the instruments are located. But, sheesh, such a discrepancy makes me really question all of it (more than before).

This article reports it at 6.4: http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/80326/earthquake-occurs-east-barbados

This one says the preliminary was 6.4 and after seismologist review was determined to be 6.9. http://www.stlucianewsonline.com/caribbean-6-9-magnitude-tremor-strikes-east-of-barbados/

I guess the good news is that no injuries have been reported. At the same time, it's strange that even a 5.8 in that region has not really been covered in the mainstream.

As always, we just have to keep an eye on these things. Great that we can share and compare info here.

• Like 7

Should Northwest residents be worried about this week's back-to-back earthquakes?

Jpseph Rose

April 19, 2016

"Talk about interesting (and spooky) timing.

In a matter of a few days, a series of deadly earthquakes hit Japan and Ecuador, and New Yorker writer Kathryn Schulz won a Pulitzer for "The Really Big One," her brilliant disaster-movie-like narrative of what awaits those of us living along the Cascadia subduction zone.

Which begs the question: Should people living in the Northwest be worried that the weekend's catastrophic Ecuador and Japan quakes – hitting magnitudes of 7.8 and 7.3, respectively – are a harbinger for the inevitable death, destruction and tsunamis that awaits us someday?

The countries are, after all, located on both sides of the Pacific Ocean. Are the ocean's tectonic plates shifting? Are the recent earthquakes connected? Good lord! Could we be next?

Take a deep breath, says Jeroen Ritsema, a professor of geophysics at the University of Michigan.

"There's no reason to believe they're related," Ritsema told Slate. "Sometimes earthquakes are closely clustered. Sometimes they're not."

Even when they occur back to back, he told the online news site, they aren't necessarily caused by each other. In fact, he said, the latest quakes involved completely different tectonic plates and aren't related.

Back-to-back earthquakes aren't all that rare, Slate Reports:

Ritsema says magnitude 7 earthquakes similar to what struck Japan happen around the world about 15 times a year (a fraction of the more than 1.4 million smaller earthquakes that occur every year). Despite this near-monthly frequency, we tend not to hear about these larger quakes—because they don't affect people all that often.

Similarly, 7.8-magnitude earthquakes like the one that struck Ecuador (killing at least 350 people and causing billions of dollars' worth of property damage) occur less often, but even they are not that rare, statistically speaking. Ritsema says they take place on average about once every one or two years. Again, many occur in areas where they cause little noticeable damage."
snip
"There's nothing in the past week that indicates a change in terms of large-plate tectonics," Ritsema said. "The Earth hasn't changed. This is normal Earth behavior. If you look at the long-term catalogs for earthquakes over spans of years, there's nothing really telling us that this is a cluster of events. It's just statistics."

OK. Fine. But that magnitude-9 monster is still waiting to attack the Northwest, so some of use are going to keep hoarding cans of peaches and cream corn in our basements.  <<uh huh you betcha we are!

Japan faces fresh earthquake panic as 6.1 magnitude tremor hits coast near Fukushima nuclear plant

Joshua Nevett

April 20, 2016

"The tremor comes after at least 48 people were killed when two cataclysmic earthquakes ripped through the island of Kyushu

Japan was plunged into fresh panic today as a 6.1 magnitude tremor hit the northern coast - the third major earthquake within a week.

The tremors struck near the northern island on Honshu around 60 miles southeast on Sendai.

To the dismay of rattled survivors, the latest quake happened close to the site of the Fukushima nuclear disaster - which saw 15,000 killed in March 2011.

No tsunami warnings have been issued on this occasion.

It comes after at least 48 people were killed when two cataclysmic earthquakes ripped through the island of Kyushu - leaving houses crumbled and survivors in shock."

Kumamoto-earthquake-locator-map.jpg

snip

Tx Reddwolf
  • Like 5

Should Northwest residents be worried about this week's back-to-back earthquakes?

Jpseph Rose

April 19, 2016

"Talk about interesting (and spooky) timing.

In a matter of a few days, a series of deadly earthquakes hit Japan and Ecuador, and New Yorker writer Kathryn Schulz won a Pulitzer for "The Really Big One," her brilliant disaster-movie-like narrative of what awaits those of us living along the Cascadia subduction zone.

Which begs the question: Should people living in the Northwest be worried that the weekend's catastrophic Ecuador and Japan quakes – hitting magnitudes of 7.8 and 7.3, respectively – are a harbinger for the inevitable death, destruction and tsunamis that awaits us someday?

The countries are, after all, located on both sides of the Pacific Ocean. Are the ocean's tectonic plates shifting? Are the recent earthquakes connected? Good lord! Could we be next?

Take a deep breath, says Jeroen Ritsema, a professor of geophysics at the University of Michigan.

"There's no reason to believe they're related," Ritsema told Slate. "Sometimes earthquakes are closely clustered. Sometimes they're not."

Even when they occur back to back, he told the online news site, they aren't necessarily caused by each other. In fact, he said, the latest quakes involved completely different tectonic plates and aren't related.

Back-to-back earthquakes aren't all that rare, Slate Reports:

Ritsema says magnitude 7 earthquakes similar to what struck Japan happen around the world about 15 times a year (a fraction of the more than 1.4 million smaller earthquakes that occur every year). Despite this near-monthly frequency, we tend not to hear about these larger quakes—because they don't affect people all that often.

Similarly, 7.8-magnitude earthquakes like the one that struck Ecuador (killing at least 350 people and causing billions of dollars' worth of property damage) occur less often, but even they are not that rare, statistically speaking. Ritsema says they take place on average about once every one or two years. Again, many occur in areas where they cause little noticeable damage."

snip

"There's nothing in the past week that indicates a change in terms of large-plate tectonics," Ritsema said. "The Earth hasn't changed. This is normal Earth behavior. If you look at the long-term catalogs for earthquakes over spans of years, there's nothing really telling us that this is a cluster of events. It's just statistics."

OK. Fine. But that magnitude-9 monster is still waiting to attack the Northwest, so some of use are going to keep hoarding cans of peaches and cream corn in our basements.  <<uh huh you betcha we are!

http://www.oregonlive.com/geek/2016/04/should_northwest_residents_be.html

Japan faces fresh earthquake panic as 6.1 magnitude tremor hits coast near Fukushima nuclear plant

Joshua Nevett

April 20, 2016

"The tremor comes after at least 48 people were killed when two cataclysmic earthquakes ripped through the island of Kyushu

Japan was plunged into fresh panic today as a 6.1 magnitude tremor hit the northern coast - the third major earthquake within a week.

The tremors struck near the northern island on Honshu around 60 miles southeast on Sendai.

To the dismay of rattled survivors, the latest quake happened close to the site of the Fukushima nuclear disaster - which saw 15,000 killed in March 2011.

No tsunami warnings have been issued on this occasion.

It comes after at least 48 people were killed when two cataclysmic earthquakes ripped through the island of Kyushu - leaving houses crumbled and survivors in shock."

Kumamoto-earthquake-locator-map.jpg

snip

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/japan-faces-fresh-earthquake-panic-7797362

Tx Reddwolf

Breezy I have a friend who ties in these earthquakes are connected and shifting the cascading subduction zone and the plates connected with it. My friend who lives in Southern California told me she had over a 1,000 mini earthquakes over a three day period.

My friend who said they're all connected explains the major one is right around the corner.

I personally believe everything from our solar system changing to our consciousness to earth herself expanding; we will simply expereince moments of peace, but also moments individually to a mass population of chaos and confusion.

I feel that on an individual scale; we are simply being tested. Do you stay positive in the mix of insanity or do you join that energy and fall with it.

I do know of now "no kidding" over 36 people who have died just in the past three months. I'm not religious; but it does say in what they call end times people ascending or areas ascending together.

That friend who claims the big one will hit the west coast soon; also states we are all headed to light and consciousness.

Everyone has their theories. But it does make you think.

Have a terrific Thursday already breezy. That's one thing I know for sure; time is definitely rapidly speeding up. The weeks are a blur now.

12:12

• Like 9

Not a big one, but not a location I'm used to seeing.

Magnitude 3.5

Region SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Date time 2016-04-21 18:14:22.0 UTC

Location 32.83 N ; 115.60 W

Depth 14 km

Macroseismic

Intensity F Effects: Felt

Distances

137 km E of Tijuana, Mexico / pop: 1,376,457 / local time: 11:14:22.0 2016-04-21

23 km NW of Mexicali, Mexico / pop: 597,099 / local time: 11:14:22.0 2016-04-21

5 km NW of El Centro, United States / pop: 42,598 / local time: 11:14:22.0 2016-04-21

3 km SW of Imperial, United States / pop: 14,758 / local time: 11:14:22.0 2016-04-21

http://m.emsc.eu/earthquake/earthquake.php?evid=502116

• Like 6

Going  to give you a link to some pics a lady took outside her house in S. California of a sidewalk buckling.  She has also said that in her house, that there are cracks in her tile floors, and around her bathtub.  The sidewalk was not buckled on the 17th, but started on the 18th, and continues getting worse.   That a family member stood on the crack, and could not get the walk to go back down flat, that it's jammed there. To me, that is a sign, and California has had a bunch of them, more serious than that..

http://www.theprepperdome.com/breaking-sidewalks-starting-to-buckle-in-california-earthquake-fears-grow/

from that site this picture

MissingQuakeW-Coast.jpg

Worsening those fears is the history of the 1906 great San Francisco earthquake.  What many people do not know is that the San Francisco earthquake was part of a pattern of quakes which took place that year; first in Ecuador, then in Japan, and finally, the great San Francisco earthquake of 1906.

@12:12  I woke up on the 17th, with a roaring sound in my head, so loud, I could barely think straight.  I could not figure out what was going on, as I had never experienced that before. Then read that after those big ones, the seismographs worldwide were ringing like a bell.  I have had it since then, to a much lesser degree, but it seems to be getting louder again. Am I worried?  Not really worried as I believe I will be where I'm supposed to be, when all hell breaks loose.  I too, feel they are all connected, and periods of dizzyness, walking tipsy, apprehensiveness, roaring head sounds, are connected as well, as we know it's all about the vibrations.  A 7.1 eq downgraded from 7.5 (imo, was every bit a 7.5) and many others personally felt, does have a tendency to stay with you. LOL Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  Yes time is speeding up, good grief.  Get up it's Monday, all of a sudden it's Monday again, a week later.

• Like 11

Am I just imagining it, or have we seen somewhere before a prophecy or some such about Japan splitting in two? Or was it about Japan sinking into the ocean?

• Like 5

Speaking to Japanese contacts there and abroad. The story seem to be they have evacuated so many people as they may be witnessing a new fault developing or one they were not aware of as they've never recorded this, that Japanese precaution at it's finest. 

If there dis a split, there might be new land under fit but if it did, that would qualify in my book for any predictions of Japan falling into the sea etc. etc. 

http://www.theprepperdome.com/breaking-sidewalks-starting-to-buckle-in-california-earthquake-fears-grow/

MissingQuakeW-Coast.jpg

Worsening those fears is the history of the 1906 great San Francisco earthquake.  What many people do not know is that the San Francisco earthquake was part of a pattern of quakes which took place that year; first in Ecuador, then in Japan, and finally, the great San Francisco earthquake of 1906.

• Like 7

Disaster Tips from Japan

Japanese geologists talked about the fault lines that would split Japan in the middle of it, which also had shown the dreading jump of quakes to separated fault lines.

So as long as there are weaker areas, earth there would move easily, that's simple as that.

But breaking the main island into a half means no more Tokyo then.

Mind you, if anything like that happens, no more Fukushima Nuke Plants left.

We all go kaput after that.(´Д`)

The heavily predicted one since 311 is the triple fault lines to link up the quakes, all along East coast line...right up to Fukushima.

They have been predicting it with high occurrence % within short span of time.

The thing is....

What they predicted didn't come back to happen during the given time by the authority.

It was predicted that another big one to hit Fukushima within 5 years since 2011 EQ again.

The prediction was 80% probability at one time.

It didn't happen.( ̄д ̄) (Glad for that.)

Kobe EQ disaster happened to the place where no one ever heard of such quake happening before.

So quakes were happening to unheard places was not a fresh thing to hear for a while.

But it came with violent quakes.

It's worthwhile to do your prepping, though it may feel surrealistic because it's not a part of your daily life.

But please do.

It'd be different if you got some stash of food and drink, and got a back pack already packed before the quake started.

There was some analogy of comparison of death reported from Ecuador EQs and Japanese EQs made by a professional.

He said Japan learned from the past EQs and did try to prepare for the next time.

Japanese death count is currently 48, 1 week after the EQs.

Ecuador was 500+ when I heard last time.

When you put effort into the preparation, it really can save you some initial sweat when you face to such situation IMHO.

For all ladies:

This was suggested in the disaster booklet published in Japan.

When the quake hits, you may get locked up in an elevator.

What happens the next is pretty horrible....with no help to open the box, you start to feel like going to....TOILET.

The suggestion comes from people's real encounters of such horrid situation themselves.

....I feel it's worthwhile to listen to at least for once. Ummmmm...

If you can, always try to go to toilet before you use an elevator.

Always carry 2 or more "disposable carry bags" (make sure there's no holes on them) in your handbags.

And after massive EQs, DON'T FLUSH TOILETS straight away after going to toilet....the sewage water may come back up and....you'd cop the second disaster at your hand.

Maybe it's best to flush it first before you use it, but be aware that you may not have any more water to flush down the business afterwords.

So, double layer the plastic bags, place both of them onto the toilet bowl, do business into the inner plastic bag liner.

Add soil/sand if you can into the bag, then take it to the appropriate places to get rid of it.

----------------For the Public faced to a Disaster-------------

Please provide tents for free.

Living in mass without walls in an evacuation centre really makes it difficult for body and mind for everyone.

If no tents can be provided for separate rooming, please at least provide walls.

Japanese peeps made up card board room system so those can be used in the big evacuation facilities, no way shutting sounds out but at least giving some privacy and warmth due to the material being cardboard.

The idea of those card board made room dividers is that you can send the flat pack of them for compact and easy distribution, easy assembly for the weight being light, no glue, no nails or screws ever required to build them.

You need to take care of the basic security to retain the mental health by reducing stress.

Or people are set to huge downfall and difficult recovery as evacuation gets longer and longer, not knowing wth would be waiting for their future.

• Like 7

Am I just imagining it, or have we seen somewhere before a prophecy or some such about Japan splitting in two? Or was it about Japan sinking into the ocean?

It was Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet, who said the greater portion of Japan must sink into the sea and the northern portion of Europe would disappear in the twinkling of an eye (amongst other things) in his Earth changes predictions, however his timeline was from 1958 to 1995. Hence these things put off due to the timeline changes. The question is will they still happen but at a different time?

Source http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_cayce05_02.htm

• Like 9

This has to do with big earthquakes in our PNW, and resulting Tsunami. We know the one in 1700 hit Japan, because their geology proves it.

Is America ready for a TSUNAMI? Scientists reveal plans to deal with killer waves across the Pacific Northwest
 ELLIE ZOLFAGHARIFARD
April 21, 2016

"The threat a massive tsunami hitting the Pacific Northwest has concerned scientists for years.
Experts say an event of this kind occurs roughly every 400-600 years, and the area is overdue a similar quake that could leave thousands dead or displaced.
Now states such as California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska are looking to both the past and the future to prepare for a tsunami on the US Pacific coastline.

31F68D7500000578-3480680-A_powerful_eart

A powerful earthquake thought to be as large as 9.2 magnitude ripped through the earth in 1700, along the 600 mile stretch of the Cascadia Subduction Zone, causing severe shaking and a massive tsunami. An animation from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center plotted the path of the tsunami as it traveled from the US to Japan

Plans for managing tsunami risk on the West Coast are still evolving, according scientists speaking at the Seismological Society of America's (SSA) 2016 Annual Meeting, held April 20-22 in Reno, Nevada.
Meanwhile, geologists are searching for evidence of past tsunamis in the region to help them refine their estimates of tsunami risk.
There is, for instance, the evidence for frequent and large earthquakes and tsunamis occurring within the past 2,000 years in parts of the Eastern Aleutian Islands.
There are signs that these earthquakes have spanned the boundary between the locked and creeping portions of the region's megathrust fault.
Earthquakes in the area could cause significant tsunami effects across the Pacific, especially in Hawaii and California.
'Despite the fact that we have learned a significant amount about the earthquake sources for tsunamis, there are gaps in our understanding of past tsunamis, especially prehistoric tsunamis,' says Rick Wilson, a senior engineering geologist with the California Geological Survey.
'If we can demonstrate when and where tsunamis occurred in the past, that information will give us a better understanding of the return periods in these areas, and that can go into the probabilistic analyses that help us understand our hazard and risk better.'
Wilson, who also serves as the science coordinator for the State of California Tsunami Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation Program, noted that more than 440,000 people have died worldwide since 1850 as a result of tsunamis."

ONE VIDEO IS HERE IN ARTICLE, Another later on
31F6D83C00000578-3480680-The_San_Andreas

The San Andreas Fault in California, has a quieter, far more dangerous cousin that could make itself known at any moment. Running from Northern California to British Columbia, the Cascadia subduction zone can deliver a quake that's many times stronger than San Andreas.

snip
Last month, scientists were finally able to trace the origins of the historic tsunami that struck the coasts of Japan just before midnight on January 27, 1700.
They linked it to a powerful seismic event in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, along the Cascadia Subduction Zone.  

VIDEO/Picture here

'Cascadia can make an earthquake almost 30 times more energetic than the San Andreas to start with,' Chris Goldfinger, a professor of geophysics at Oregon State University told CNN.
'Then it generates a tsunami at the same time, which the side-by-side motion of the San Andreas can't do'.
The Cascadia could deliver a huge 9.0-magnitude quake and the shaking could last anything from three to five minutes, scientists claim.
'In this case, three minutes - and I've been in a 9 in Japan - three minutes is an eternity,' said Goldfinger. 'It is a very, very long time.
Goldfinger says we'll lose bridges, highway routes and that the coast will probably be entirely closed down.
As a result it would be difficult to get around, and rescue crews will be overwhelmed.
Federal, state and military officials have been working together to draft plans to be followed when the 'Big One' happens.
These contingency plans reflect deep anxiety about the potential gravity of the looming disaster: upward of 14,000 people dead in the worst-case scenarios, 30,000 injured, thousands left homeless and the region's economy setback for years, if not decades.
As a response, what planners envision is a deployment of civilian and military personnel and equipment that would eclipse the response to any natural disaster that has occurred thus far in the US.
There would be waves of cargo planes, helicopters and ships, as well as tens of thousands of soldiers, emergency officials, mortuary teams, police officers, firefighters, engineers, medical personnel and other specialists.
'The response will be orders of magnitude larger than Hurricane Katrina or Super Storm Sandy,' said Lt. Col. Clayton Braun of the Washington State Army National Guard."
snip

More visuals and information here

This is a very good article for everyone along the W. Coast to read and perhaps save. 

• Like 8

Going  to give you a link to some pics a lady took outside her house in S. California of a sidewalk buckling.  She has also said that in her house, that there are cracks in her tile floors, and around her bathtub.  The sidewalk was not buckled on the 17th, but started on the 18th, and continues getting worse.   That a family member stood on the crack, and could not get the walk to go back down flat, that it's jammed there. To me, that is a sign, and California has had a bunch of them, more serious than that..

MissingQuakeW-Coast.jpg

Worsening those fears is the history of the 1906 great San Francisco earthquake.  What many people do not know is that the San Francisco earthquake was part of a pattern of quakes which took place that year; first in Ecuador, then in Japan, and finally, the great San Francisco earthquake of 1906.[/size]

@12:12  I woke up on the 17th, with a roaring sound in my head, so loud, I could barely think straight.  I could not figure out what was going on, as I had never experienced that before. Then read that after those big ones, the seismographs worldwide were ringing like a bell.  I have had it since then, to a much lesser degree, but it seems to be getting louder again. Am I worried?  Not really worried as I believe I will be where I'm supposed to be, when all hell breaks loose.  I too, feel they are all connected, and periods of dizzyness, walking tipsy, apprehensiveness, roaring head sounds, are connected as well, as we know it's all about the vibrations.  A 7.1 eq downgraded from 7.5 (imo, was every bit a 7.5) and many others personally felt, does have a tendency to stay with you. LOL Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  Yes time is speeding up, good grief.  Get up it's Monday, all of a sudden it's Monday again, a week later.

@breezy, I have heard this from all walks of life here; elderly, young kids, professionals, students, ones that don't talk about this kind of stuff, to everyone in between.

You're welcome for the kind words breezy; we are all going through this together. This is what we should be talking about more. It's so weird (funny) how most won't speak of this phenomenon; but expereince alone.

I do agree they are downgrading everything right now; everything is definitely connected.

It's weird I only remember two days a week; the others are a blur to me. It's always Monday and either Wednesday or Saturday. Everything is speeding up and escalating. But I have come to my own conclusion. I watched the movie Tomorrow Land; good movie by the way, the message at the end rang true to me on so many deep levels. Like a light bulb becoming brighter and brighter.

The message was very simple; us humans "think" so poorly of ourselves, others, the world in general, we don't trust, we deceive and we love when it's good for us but not all the time. While doing this we have placed a heavy burden; energy, vibratory and conditioned our minds that most things here are not good. We basically have started the ticking of our own clock to total destruction.

Now science itself has jumped on board with this too; as with the eastern philosophies of "what you think, you become". Well why can't it be "what we think, we become".

I had a vision many years ago and another one similar came last night. If we would just change the way we thought; changing the scales to positive...the earth and us as a world family would do the same. The dream was simple; if we don't...as you wrote breezy; you feel as most do there is something huge on the horizon that won't be good.

I believe as I have now for a very long time; we are in OT; the shift is about the close as well as the end shift here on earth...

breezy's also wrote she is not worried; she believes she is where she is suppose to be when all hell breaks lose. That's the true message. There is nothing ever to worry about. We are eternal spiritual beings. When it's our time; it's our time.

But just possibly; what if it's really that simple. Just LOVE your thoughts, LOVE your body, LOVE your life, LOVE your family and friends, LOVE everyone, LOVE nature, LOVE others who might have wronged you and so on. Simply just LOVE. LOVE NOW.

I am a realists; there are those you don't like at times, even yourself at times or even a situation or even work or having to go to somewhere you don't like and so on. But there is a fine line between love and hate. Not liking something is totally different; which is fine. But we as well as I have; we either love it or hate it. Energy attracts energy.

How about trying (at least trying) to love every moment and all and your thoughts and maybe just maybe this will turn the scales to peace, calm, freedom, flow and everything finally working together, opening that portal for us all, including earth entering that higher dimension.

breezy, I hope you have an outstanding weekend. Thanks for sharing; I hope more of us do!

Namaste,

12:12

• Like 3

@kandescent; there are many including prophecies of Japen sinking into the ocean. As there have been California splitting in two.

Have an outstanding weekend.

• Like 1

It was Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet, who said the greater portion of Japan must sink into the sea and the northern portion of Europe would disappear in the twinkling of an eye (amongst other things) in his Earth changes predictions, however his timeline was from 1958 to 1995. Hence these things put off due to the timeline changes. The question is will they still happen but at a different time?Source http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_cayce05_02.htm

Sorry Jessica, just read you answered kandescent's question. Have a terrific weekend!

• Like 2

Another Disaster Tip from Japan:

http://mainichi.jp/premier/business/articles/20160420/biz/00m/010/018000c

As you already know, Japan has huge population of aged people.

In the disaster area, the helpers discovered that when no power or no water, people can't even boil water to make cup noodles to survive.

The problem for the elders were that they couldn't bite into tough food like hard biscuits due to their teeth.

Dentures may not be available to be used as well.

A bakery suffered a major EQ in 1995 in Hanshin EQ disaster. 

They knew sweet flavour actually helped to ease people who were suffering from EQ disaster from their own experience.

1 day after the EQ in Kumamoto, this bakery baked a truck load of Cream-buns and Red-bean-buns and drove to Kumamoto for the people there.

The old lady who received the buns from the volunteer helpers became very happy as she received the buns.

She explained that she was craving for something soft and sweet.

So from this, we can probably say that in a disaster time,

1) Comfort food is a help for mind and body (Childhood memory related effect included as well? Psychologically it's known to sedate people by bringing up cherished memory about the food they enjoy etc.)

2) Though not so good food usually but sugary food can help people stop getting depressed as well as to juice up quick energy they need to survive with.

• Like 9

It's amazing how the rest of us forget and move on, but those involved live it every day for a long, long time...

“On the anniversary of its worst natural disaster in living memory, Nepal is still a country in crisis. A year on from the earthquake that killed 9,000 people, many of those who lost their homes are still living in tents and under tarps. Now think about all the big quakes since then….

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-24/nepalese-earthquake-victims-still-living-in-tents-one-year-on/7334948

Source http://www.transients.info/2016/04/unspun-news-for-24th-april-2016.html#more

• Like 8

So true, Jessica. What's further amazing is that I've watched no fewer than 10 or so apartment or academic buildings (huge) go up and get completed here where I live in the past year and yet we leave people to suffer like this in places that have been ravaged by nature. We do need to find an improved path.

• Like 9

So so so true, peeps.

Just think of this and you might realise how badly we have been lame to hoist those evacuees up to the scratch to help them move on.

Japan still got heck a lot of evacuees from 2011 EQs.

Even Japan's not being able to handle it well.

And they copped 20,000 people more at Kumamoto EQ in Japan in mid April 2016.

They just discovered there are newly found fault lines right next to them in Kumamoto as well, I think we got to think far more flexible than our expectations we carry.

Something ultra revolutionary but something better for the future need to happen for all of us---like let the suffering evacuees to have completely new way of economy etc....??

I dunno...

Please throw in more idea.

We need to help those peeps, and the issues derived from the political and economical juggling we are doing as slaves.

We are really in need of recreating the system. 

• Like 7