The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
MEsMErise

Bleach does not kill mould / mold.

Thanks to many years of continual advertising and message bombardment, most people believe that bleach kills mould (I will use Aussie spelling here).  For the last 5 years (and after studying some microbiology at uni), I have been trying to inform my closest friends and family that this is not the case, but I get nothing but blank stares or a "yeah yeah" in response.  

Out of frustration, I'm going to post a little snippet here so that more people are aware of this and what to use for mould removal.  As you probably know, mould is just another invader that causes havoc within the body when the immune system is run down.  

It is best to minimise mould contamination within your everyday dwelling; just don't use bleach!  

AND DON'T BELIEVE THE ADVERTISING!

Taken from this site: http://mycologia.com.au/mythsaboutmould/  (I am so grateful for this website).

MYTH # 1  BLEACH KILLS MOULD

We all know how to get rid of mould in our house, right? Just pour some bleach on it and it goes away, until the next time that you need to pour bleach on it again.

Most chemicals have been proven to be ineffective against mould in the long run. The widespread use of chemicals fails to correct the original reason why the mould grew there in the first place. It also introduces additional air pollution into the indoor air.

Specifically, bleach has a high pH which makes it ineffective to kill mould.  The mould detects the bleach as a chemical attack and defends itself with exo-enzymes and a good defending membrane.  (My note:  Basically, the mould creates an extra layer of protective 'skin' around itself).

The exo-enzymes makes the chlorine compounds in the bleach inert which then the fungi uses it as a food source.  So when we put bleach on mould we are actually feeding it.  Visually it looks like the mould is disappearing because bleach “bleaches” which means it strips the melanin compounds out of the hyphal membrane (just like the melanin in our skin when we get a sun tan).

Three weeks later the fungi hyphae recovers the melanin content and the mould becomes visible again so it was actually never gone.

See our new Scientific research into why Bleach should be avoided and why it doesn't kill mould

<snip>

Mould Cleaning solutions only work in the right dilutions. The most effective cleaning solution that we have against mould so far is our favourite salad dressing - vinegar. This is claimed to be the most effective because it actually kills mould, but doesn't introduce a new chemical pollutant into the indoor air. Vinegar is even used by some European hospitals as one of their main disinfectants.

A point of note is that only white fermented vinegar seems to work, as synthetic acetic acid does not appear to be effective. Diluted alcohol or methylated spirits is another effective mould killer, but there are a number of issues concerning its storage, handling, OHS, PPE, duty of care and its effects on some surfaces that make it difficult to recommend as a widespread mould killer.  

(My note:  Once again, we see that natural substances out-win synthetically made.  Can we ever beat nature?).

<snip>

Please visit the website for more good info:  http://mycologia.com.au/mythsaboutmould/ and http://mycologia.com.au/dont-use-bleach/

• Like 10

Bicarb soda kills mould, and there is an ingredient in many plant derived oils, that kills all fungi. 

I am pretty sure Thieves Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and any oils that make your balls burn like fire if you get even the slightest drop on them, kill mould.

Sorry about that, I'm just trying to be ... wait for it ... a fungi (fun guy)

• Like 8

Does the cheap, off the shelf 'white vinegar' that states ingredients - 'vinegar', that I get from W in Oz qualify as the right stuff?

• Like 1

I tried the tea tree oil mouthwash once - felt like I'd used something toxic from under the kitchen sink.  So it would probably work well.

• Like 1

Bicarb soda kills mould, and there is an ingredient in many plant derived oils, that kills all fungi. 

I am pretty sure Thieves Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and any oils that make your balls burn like fire if you get even the slightest drop on them, kill mould.

Sorry about that, I'm just trying to be ... wait for it ... a fungi (fun guy)

I'm not sure about Bicarb soda as the whole point about killing mould is not to use an alkaline solution.  From my understanding, mould thrives in an alkaline environment and that is what throwing bleach on it will do.  I'm guessing Bicarb would have the same effect.  One needs to use an acidic solution, such as vinegar to actually kill the mould.  

I don't know about your other suggestions - I'll believe you :D .  

Vinegar is cheap to buy and easily available so anyone can start changing their habits now, if they choose.

P.S.  Love your jokes  :lol:

• Like 1

Does the cheap, off the shelf 'white vinegar' that states ingredients - 'vinegar', that I get from W in Oz qualify as the right stuff?

That is basically what I use as well.  Unfortunately, it doesn't say on the label whether it's naturally fermented or a synthetically made.  If I find out, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

I just rummaged around in the pantry and found a bottle of Cornwell's White Vinegar (not the cheap stuff I normally use for cleaning).  It states that it's brewed from fermented spirit.  Might start using that instead, now that I know...

• Like 2

MESmeRise, good post,

A friend of mine worked for Mycologia in WA before migrating to where I live, he had a Myco bumper sticker on car when he pulled into local drinking hole, that's how we met. He told me some horror tales of what they had to clean up.

Cheap crappy vinegar is what they used, I prefer orange juice based products, can't stand any chlorine based products.

• Like 5

I use Mould Power made by OzKleen...sorry about product name...

Active ingredient is stated as natural bioflavanoids 1% W/W. Actually kills mould. Also contains certified organic disinfectant and it's chroline free...made from orange peel.

Just because I don't have much issue with mould, I tend to use in very small areas, so the price wasn't such issue then. Nice smell! :tongue:

• Like 3

Ozone is another method of effectively killing all mold, fungi, viruses, bacteria, etc; even the antibiotic resitent MERSA is taken out with one of mother natures strongest oxidizers.The beautiful part is that it breaks down into normal oxygen within an hour or less..  8)

Ozone has changed my life, but do your research before you buy and don't fall for the cheaply made chines e products online, look for a decent built to last ozone generator for a great water purifier, medical device, and all purpose odor remover.

• Like 6

Keep two spray bottles around, one of H2O2 and the other with white vinegar.  When you want to completely disinfect something, spray it well with the hydrogen peroxide wait a few seconds than spray it with the vinegar.  

H2O2 kills 95% of all bacteria and fungal organisms.

Vinegar kills the rest.

The only catch is you need to replace the H2O2 every 3-6 months or it loses it's potency.  Fortunately, it's cheap.

(edit, fixed the chem label for hydrogen peroxide)

• Like 6

Hmmm... I'm thinking in the shower it might get rid of Hubby's tinea too. I don't think he pees on his feet in there. (I should ask.)

• Like 4

Moulds, Molds, are a fungus lifeform.

BiCarb Soda kills fungi VERY efficiently.

Some researchers, including an oncologist in Italy, believe that many cancer tumours, exhibit all the properties of a fungus lifeform.  (This is entirely consistent with those who understand pleomorphism, where e.coli has been observed to 'mutate' into TB bacterium, and then into a fungus lifeform (candida to be precise).

The reason that bicarb soda has been successful in curing so many cases of cancer, is not just because of the alkalising effect on the system, or that it helps restore the balance of gut bacteria, it is BECAUSE bicarb soda (sodium bicarbonate - which you all have in your larder or pantry) is such an effective and non-toxic (and inexpensive) killer of fungi.

• Like 9

Hmmm... I'm thinking in the shower it might get rid of Hubby's tinea too. I don't think he pees on his feet in there. (I should ask.)

Pee is a great disinfectant!  The key ingredient, ammonia, does in all sorts of bacterial infections.  

• Like 1

Potassium permanganate 

better known as Condy's crystals buy over counter at any chemist, make up solution and apply with cotton bud to effected area daily until gone...

Anyone who has been to boarding school will have a deep understanding of this form of treatment... lol Purple feet

• Like 2

Moulds, Molds, are a fungus lifeform.

BiCarb Soda kills fungi VERY efficiently.

Not many people know that our bodies are internally rife with fungal lifeforms.  We are told it is 'bacteria' or the boogeyman 'virus.'  Virii are extremely refined fungal lifeforms, that's all.  Many so-called bacteria (candida) are actually fungal lifeforms!

Indeed Sodium Bicarbonate is the most freely available and internally safe anti-'bacterial' (fungal) agent out there!  The problem is, most people need mega doses to clear out the amazing host they possess / that possesses them (?)

Another most excellent anti-fungal/bacterial is oil of oregano which can also be extremely toxic - must dilute.  

Olive leaf extract, best taken in high-concentrate 'tea' format over a period of time, will eradicate most if not all so-called permanent 'viral' infections.

Terence McKenna speaks at length on the evident long spatial intelligence of fungal life forms - do we host them or do they possess us?

oops, i digressed.

• Like 7

I've been sporadically using Ted's Alkalizing Formula from this site, http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/alkalizing_formulas.html .  Easy to use first thing in the morning, 1/2 or 1 whole lemon or lime juice with 1/8 teaspoon bicarb soda added.  When it stops fizzing, fill w water to make 1/2 cup and drink.  It's an interesting taste, kind of bland.  My main dilemma is how to fit in oil pulling in the morning as well - maybe alternate days?

• Like 3

Bicarb soda (as Nex says) mixed with lemon juice works well, but the best is Oil of Cloves. Just dilute it in a bit of water and put it in a spray bottle and leave it on the mould for a short time.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for your responses.   :-*   I will look into Bicarb of Soda for the household cleaning of mould as well.  The reason for my comment was that it did not fit the logic of using vinegar instead (trying to think along the lines of chemistry).  All good... learn more everyday  :)

• Like 1

hmmm next time I wash the algae off my car I will use vinegar or bicarb    Yes it rains so much that our cars grow algae in all the little detail areas  (I know it's not the same as mold, but worth a try, right?)   I agree great thread, thank you !!

• Like 3

hmmm next time I wash the algae off my car I will use vinegar or bicarb    Yes it rains so much that our cars grow algae in all the little detail areas  (I know it's not the same as mold, but worth a try, right?)   I agree great thread, thank you !!

It has to be cheaper than chemicals, right?  Certainly less toxic for you!

I bet technique will affect your success, too.  Let us know how it goes, I am surely interested...

Cheers!

• Like 1

Today I decided to buy a clean unused spray bottle for my cleaning needs and it seems someone's been listening to us.

post-2458-0-34600300-1389614154_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Guts 

wanted to share 

finding one's nature anderstand situations and perception 

my understanding of vibration or streams 

and this can be distorted which is our unnatural way 

and it is right there we have a choice

to use our power for humanity 

or to give the attention what is being ordered or programmed 

by doing a wreck on stomaches causing disturbed twisted reality 

where fear rules doubt guilt  

the thing is people are gonna want to have all the things that makes them miserable 

i am on my way out of candida infection 

and it is a real struggle 

many of people around has the system 

i recently came up with info about candida 

had been going in to our hospital thrown for three years 

had to get a way out 

now i am thinking that's how many are trapped 

but now i know a way out 

i know how candida "thinks" 

now i am informing people around me 

thank you for info 

because it is really hard going around in loops in chemicals