The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Psychosisss

The Worst Sound Ever....

Stanford professors Chris Chafe and Josef Parvizi have transformed brain activity from seizure patients into music. This composition details the three main phases of a seizure. Calmness turns into chaos during the actual seizure, before trailing off into a recovery phase. The work could lead to a powerful biofeedback tool for identifying brain patterns associated with seizures. :)

•  

...WOW...that's a "live music" alright....it's hard to endure that but I was curious enough that I listened to the whole thing.

It recalled me the Pikachu-effect...

Kids went into seizures by watching Pokemon anime that flashed bright and dark shades alternately quite fast.

It's an interesting way to see the seizure in action, as I had to put up with mu clients' seizures again and again...

Rebooting brain...that's a hard yakka....for the rest of their bodies, too, I think.

that almost sent me into an immediate migraine.  my brain did not like that noise - at all. 

I think I'm scared for life ... ROFL
  • Like 1

I listened for a couple of seconds-there is programing inbedded in this shit- could not tolerate, had to mentally put the broom through my mind to clean it all out. Careful people.

felt really uncomfortable when i first heard it, i could only listen for a few seconds, an unbearable sound for me, but stranger still was i wondered what it sounds like played backwards...really brought it home to me what a seizure must feel like, im not epileptic but visually have problems with stripes....weird but interesting

I'm a bit colour blind and red blue and violet stripes dance for me-its like neon light tubes, like I'm seeing the boundry of the next reality-Ha maybe I am. 8)

• Like 1

I was a little hesitant to listen to this, but must admit I found it very interesting.  I have known people who have seizures and have witnessed them having one.  It does give insight into what it must truly feel like for them.  Perfectly awful. 

• Like 1

It sounded like the last sounds an EMO made that I was interrogating recently, trying to gain intel on where it's Draco mothership was located.

Seriously, this sounded okay to me, like bad opera on speed, but probably because I'm on  high doses of a drug "pregabalin", that is used for diabetic and epileptic seizures, not that I suffer from either.

If they could add maybe some stroke seizure music, with an occasional birthing scream, they might just have a top-ten hit there.

• Like 1

I thought it was brilliant...they could also make variations of it, but I feel as an outsider to seizures..never had one but I have been around over a hundred people who have had seizures. So many different varieties to choose from but I really like this as a way to explain to people what is being experienced by the person having a seizure. Somebody drew it for me in the 80,s and it was an abstract picture done in mostly black and red, with some other colours (cant remember zachery) , it showed the build up and the intensity and the slide to back to "normal"..he also drew that "normal" for me , which was still erratic and confused and had swirls of muted colours in it..not quite Van Gogh yet incredibly explanatory. He was a car accident victim, I remember him telling me that during the worst of his accident and hospitalisation all he could think of was the Bee Gees song..."got to get a message to you...hold on hold on, One more hour and my life will be through, hold on, hold on"

• Like 4