The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest admin

>>> PLEASE READ <<< NEW FORUM PLATFORM TEST

I discovered that if I try to modify my old post, trying to add a video link, the modifying field doesn't give out options, and the video link I provide through clicking "image" button doesn't embed the thumbnail image.... :'(

Besides, am I writing about this sort of things in the right thread...!?? :rolleyes:

Aco,

great job, like the clean look.

been gone a year, but see things here are relatively the same.

So much has happened, will be in the states for a couple of days,

before heading back 'home'.

I'll prepare one post that should answer all questions.

Or, at least stir up some controversy.

Z.

• Like 1

I have found another thread kind of dedicated about how to go about in this forum mechanically.

http://forums.thechaniproject.com/topic/6048-welcome-to-the-new-look-of-the-chani-forum/

Aco stated

"Please let me know if you encounter problems and errors so I can try and sort it out. Feel free to PM me or send an email to ForumAdmin@thechaniproject.com"

and I found later that he posted this

"

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

wildcard, on 12 Aug 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:snapback.png

Ok soooo maybe I missed something but it appears that I cannot directly link youtube video's as before
(see the 3min news thread) It's early but anybody having this issue?

Hi wildcard,

I've fixed it for you.

When posting a youtube vid just post the link without the tag in the html view.
What you can do is first switch OFF the html format by clicking on the first icon (top left) which looks like a switch (on/off)
Then post the link
Then click the icon to switch html back ON and continue."

Friggin hell, I tried and still can't figure out how to be able to embed YT video directly with thumbnail shown on the post. Ummmmmm I hate wasting Aco's time on this issue.

Can anyone teach me step-by-step?

I tried Triton's way, too, but from my view, there's no option about embedding videos whEN I click the option button in reply fields. Mmmmmmmmmm.....

• Like 1

Hey unity and others who are having the youtube problem. Is there a reason you can't just copy and paste the http link to the youtube video, without doing anything else? It's really that simple. That's what i did here. Just make sure it is not https. If there is an "s" then delete it. Edited to say that sometimes you have to use the link that youtube provides under "Share." For some reason, sometimes it is different and works better.

• Like 3

Thanks, Kandy!

Yeah I did that...just copy the addy from YT and paste it here; used linking button and pasted; used image button and pasted the addy, none worked for meeeeeeeeeeee;;;;;;;

I've always used the addys on top of the browser, so I might try that SHARE thing, sure thing.

I will try it again here, if others don't mind... :'(

BTW I loved the video you chose...! Beautiful! :-*

• Like 1

Unity, you don't have to use any buttons to imbed a vid-just left clicky on the vid you are watching right click on "copy vid url"-----------then come to Chani, open more post options on the thread you want to post in -NO buttons at the top of post section--- just write your script and LEFT click and paste the vid url-- it will just imbed the vid with big thumbnail----well thats what I do and it works for me.

Thats all I did here below---OH by the way--These are people we want to stay away from :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z-eN7gVEzq8

• Like 1

Thanks triton!

Wooooooooooooooow it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesooooooooooooome........... O0

Thanks both Kandy and Triton, for helping me on this one.

Fewwwwwwwwwwww now I'll get back into fixing my old threads...Yey! :P

• Like 1

I'll have to get back to you Kandy, I'm unable to upload jpegs atm, keep getting "error upload failed" as soon as I hit the "add to post" button???

I figured it out Botanic.

Try bottom left hand corner of page "change theme' overwatch.  I have not been in there but any possible changes would be in that one area I would think.

Its taking a little getting used to but this is nice Aco.

One question tho, I found myself missing our old emoticons, the blue ones. Any chance of an import of them?

Thanks again for all your work!!

• Like 1

Im not sure if this has been covered, but how do we embed youtube vid's? Their (youtubes) embed code doesnt seem to work with iframes, and I didnt see an option in our tools for embedding. I must be tired, lol.

Thanks heaps for your hard work, Aco!

More and more I'm seeing your intricate work trying to make things more accessible at ease.

I need much longer time to figure everything out...I may be ok in a year time...lllolll

Can we have some way to see how many people appreciated posts, directly on the post somewhere?

To study the trend of our thoughts, I'd really appreciate it to be able to see, like we used to in our old home...

• Like 1

Its taking a little getting used to but this is nice Aco.

One question tho, I found myself missing our old emoticons, the blue ones. Any chance of an import of them?

Thanks again for all your work!!

working on it Kii, I plan to iinstall a whole bunch of new emoticons

I quickly breezed through this thread and didnt notice a question. Is it possible to change the color of the page?

Hi overwatch,  it's on my "To Do" list, there are other themes I'm going to isntall ... i just have to sort out a few things first like the permissions with pics and vids etc etc

The problem is that when i change one small setting it has a domino effect on a lot of other stuff so i have to be carefull not to mess up stuff  :mellow:  :ph34r:

Some people would like CAT ones! :D

No, they wouldn't. You mustn't have been here on the day we had the poll Deekin, so sorry, we're not due for another poll on this subject for 12 months.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

If anyone talks about cats again I’ll set my dog on you!

No wait I don’t have no dog.

Oh well I’ll set my dolphin on you.

No wait they have all run aground.

Well I’ll set the NSA on you, it has big teeth >:D 

• Like 1

Bastet....(the egyptian goddess of cats) is logging all the posts from you cat haters....hell hath no fury like a pissed off cat goddess >:D  ;D

• Like 2

Oh men, you guys gave me enough encouragement to start looking for cat images off the net to post in that thread!! O0 :D :D :D

• Like 1

Disclaimer:  I love all animals, especially doggies & kitties.

We just missed International Cat Day - August 8.  But.....

Here in the states, National Cat Day is Oct 29th.

post-25-0-16312600-1377702954_thumb.jpg

Plenty of time to start planning something very special! :D

• Like 1

Disclaimer:  I love all animals, especially doggies & kitties.

We just missed International Cat Day - August 8.  But.....

Here in the states, National Cat Day is Oct 29th.

attachicon.gifnational-cat-day.jpg

Plenty of time to start planning something very special! :D

What do mice of the USofA do on the 29th of October?

Mass protest maybe?

;D

• Like 1