The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Sign in to follow this  
breezy

Planes, Trains, Automobiles & Ship Difficulties

Following up on my ponderings above, it appears that the Russian passenger plane did indeed break up in the air. But what would have caused it? (Could it have been a meteorite that hit it and caused damage?) Maybe we'll find out from the black boxes -- hopefully.

https://www.rt.com/news/320225-plane-crash-russian-egypt/

01 November 2015

14:36 GMT

The Russian A321 aircraft, which crashed over Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula on Saturday, fell apart in the air, Victor Sorochenko, executive director of Russia’s Interstate Aviation Commission, said.

“It’s too early to make any conclusions. The destruction [of the plane] happened in the air and the fragments scattered over a large area (around 20 square kilometers),” Sorochenko said.

• Like 2

Brit tourists at Sharm el-Sheikh airport 'offered chance to skip security queues for £20'

John Shammas  Scott D'Arcy

November 6, 2015

"Tourist Dale Parkyn said: "At no point did my luggage go through any scanner. When I think now, it was bizarre"

"Brits at Sharm el-Sheikh airport have told how they have been offered the chance to pay up to £20 to skip queues and bag checks.

The Government suspended air links yesterday amid fears a bomb was used to down a Russian passenger plane in Egypt, killing 224 people.

Dale Parkyn, who visited the Red Sea resort with his wife earlier this year, said they were approached by a man in military uniform and asked if they would like to avoid the long queues.

The 47 year old, from Harrogate, told Sky News: "What we did is we discussed it and he then produced a £20 note and said, 'Have you one of these' and you can avoid the queue."
snip

tx Reddwolf

Russian plane black box recording 'confirms bomb explosion caused jet crash' killing 224 people

November 6, 2015

Ruth Halkon  Sam Webb

"Air crash investigators studying the black box have now determined the jet was brought down by an explosion, according to French media"

"The black box audio recording from the Russian passenger jet which crashed in the Siani desert killing 224 people confirms the plane was brought down by a bomb, it has been claimed.

Air crash investigators have successfully managed to read its contents in a bid to discover what brought the Airbus A321 crashing down six days ago, according to France news website Le Point.fr .

One expert told the newspaper the certain cause of the crash was not a technical fault or pilot error but a bomb brought in from outside and planted in the plane.

The experts, from Russia, France, Germany and Ireland - aided by the Egyptian civil aviation authority, have been working to decode the flight recorders since the day after the crash.

They said the cockpit voice recorder, which recorded what was said in the cockpit, confirmed that an explosion had occurred."
snip

Well no check on the luggage, not surprising.  However, let's not forget the IDF also being present in that area at the time. 
  • Like 4

Plane crashes into Akron, Ohio apartment building

November 10, 2015

564257efc3618895268b45fb.jpg

Better News Channel/YouTube

"A small airplane crashed into a residential area of Akron, Ohio. Many local residents are without power, and the building is on fire.

Two people have died, Akron police told WEWS-TV. It is assumed they were on board the plane as no one was injured inside the apartment building, and all the residents are accounted for, local officials said.

The small jet, identified as a “Hawker H25B,” was on approach to Akron Fulton Airport when it clipped a residential building in the area of Mogadore and Skelton roads in eastern Akron, WJV in Cleveland quoted a FAA spokesman."
snip

https://www.rt.com/usa/321508-ohio-plane-crashes-apartment/

Tx Phillipbbg

• Like 5

French TGV high-speed train derails near Strasbourg

November 14, 2015

_86688014_francestrasbourg4641115.png

"A high-speed TGV train has derailed near the eastern French city of Strasbourg, killing at least 10 people, officials say.

The crash happened during a test run in the town of Eckwersheim, on a new Paris-Strasbourg line.

The train was carrying 49 railway technicians when it derailed, caught fire, and plunged into a canal. Eleven people suffered serious injuries.

The derailment was due to "excessive speed", officials say.

Pictures showed the locomotive partly submerged. Wreckage was also scattered in a field beside the track.

Reports say the Paris-Strasbourg high-speed line is scheduled to open next year.

Junior transport minister Alain Vidalies and Ecology Minister Segolene Royal will visit the scene, French media reported."

snip

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34822666

• Like 2

ISIS claim they bombed Russian plane using this Schweppes pineapple drinks can

slamic State claims this picture reveals the bomb which brought down the Russian jetliner killing 224 people - disguised as a drinks can.

The image appeared in the latest edition of the extremists' magazine Dabiq.

The edition celebrates the recent Paris attacks and is entitled 'Just Terror'.

The magazine also claims to have images of passports belonging to victims who perished after the Metrojet flight exploded over Sinai.

It disintegrated in mid-air 23 minutes after taking off from popular tourist resort Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt for St Petersburg on October 31.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/russian-plane-crash-isis-release-6855639

post-12-0-88203900-1447865332_thumb.png

• Like 8

Train with 200,000 liters of sulphuric acid derails in Australia 

December 27, 2015

567fe7d4c46188292a8b45b4.jpg

"A freight train carrying 200,000 liters of sulphuric acid has derailed in northeast Australia. Acid and diesel fuel have spilled. The locomotive and all its 26 carriages derailed at 10:20am local time east of the outback town of Julia Creek.

The perimeter around the spillage was immediately sealed off, to contain the toxicity. Locals told ABC they could smell the acid immediately. A state of emergency has been declared in a two-kilometer radius.

"At this time the focus is on recovery of the incident site."

The Flinders Highway has been shut in the vicinity of Julia Creek and Richmond. Queensland Rail says it doesn’t know how long it might take before the line opens again."

snip   video at link

https://www.rt.com/news/327184-australian-train-acid-derailed/

another source

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/freight-train-carrying-dangerous-acid-derails-near-julia-creek/news-story/1020a4a494fe61025dac8f6381bf2ea5   tx w

• Like 5

Two Military Helicopters Involved in Collision in Hawaii, 12 People Missing

The U.S. Coast Guard says it has responded to a report of a military aircraft collision involving two helicopters off the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii, Chief Petite Officer Fara Mooers told ABC News.

Responders are searching for 12 people in a debris field 2 miles off the coast of Haleiwa. Each helicopter was carrying six people.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/military-helicopters-involved-collision-hawaii/story?id=36309161

• Like 5

Engineer invests detachable plane cabin that could save thousands of lives

January 18, 2016

post-5-0-46404400-1453183225_thumb.jpg

"AN ENGINEER has invented a plane cabin that can be detached from the rest of the aircraft in the event of a crash — potentially saving thousands of lives.

Tatarenki Vladimir Nikolaevich, who has been working on the design for three years, has created a prototype that consists of a detachable cabin (or capsule container as he calls it) that can be ejected at any point in the flight — from takeoff to landing.

snip

According to his design once the capsule pulls away from the plane, parachutes attached to it would open to guide passengers inside to safety.

The design of the new cabin also means that it can supposedly land safely on either land or water, thanks to inflatables attached to the bottom of the capsule that inflate as it hits the either the ground or the ocean."

snip

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/engineer-invests-detachable-plane-cabin-that-could-save-thousands-of-lives/news-story/9225aa6f393c5d76485471a27fbb6a7f

Tx w

I found this thought, interesting.  Not sure what I'd think of it when flying.

• Like 4

Engineer invests detachable plane cabin that could save thousands of lives

January 18, 2016

attachicon.gifCaptureDP.JPG

"AN ENGINEER has invented a plane cabin that can be detached from the rest of the aircraft in the event of a crash — potentially saving thousands of lives.

Tatarenki Vladimir Nikolaevich, who has been working on the design for three years, has created a prototype that consists of a detachable cabin (or capsule container as he calls it) that can be ejected at any point in the flight — from takeoff to landing.

snip

According to his design once the capsule pulls away from the plane, parachutes attached to it would open to guide passengers inside to safety.

The design of the new cabin also means that it can supposedly land safely on either land or water, thanks to inflatables attached to the bottom of the capsule that inflate as it hits the either the ground or the ocean."

snip

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/engineer-invests-detachable-plane-cabin-that-could-save-thousands-of-lives/news-story/9225aa6f393c5d76485471a27fbb6a7f

Tx w

I found this thought, interesting.  Not sure what I'd think of it when flying.

Considering the last few high-altitude aircraft disasters (MH-17, Sinai, etc.) the planes were either shot down or taken out by a bomb, I don't think that this would have helped a great deal - unfortunately.

• Like 5

American Airlines: 7 hospitalized after severe turbulence aboard flight to Italy

January 25, 2016

"Severe turbulence aboard an American Airlines flight carrying 203 people from Miami to Italy left seven people hospitalized, the airline said.

“American Airlines Flight 206 from Miami to Milan briefly encountered severe turbulence,” the airline said in a statement.

“The aircraft landed safely in Newfoundland, Canada, where it was met by paramedics who evaluated passengers and crew.”

Three flight attendants and four passengers were taken to a hospital after the incident Sunday night, the airline said."

http://pix11.com/2016/01/25/american-airlines-7-hospitalized-after-severe-turbulence-aboard-flight-to-italy/

• Like 2

MH370 search vessel from Fugro Discovery ship SINKS after crashing into a 2.2km tall underwater mud volcano

A towfish searching for missing Maylaysian Airlines flight MH370 in the southern Indian Ocean has been lost after it crashed into a 2200-metre mud volcano.

The towfish and 4500 metres of cable became separated from the vessel and are now resting on the sea floor, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) said in a statement on Monday.
There were no injuries to crew on the Fugro Discovery that was using the towfish, and it is believed the towfish can be recovered later. Known as a a scanning vehicle, the towfish maps the sea floor using what's known as 'side sonar'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3415035/MH370-search-vessel-Fugro-Discovery-ship-sinks-crashing-2-2km-mud-volcano.html

• Like 5

BURNING smell on Flight AA109: Doctor who treated stricken passengers and crew tells of people feeling dizzy and nauseous and passing out next to the toilets 

January 28, 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3419458/Los-Angeles-bound-flight-returns-Heathrow-medical-emergency-involving-passengers-crew.html

Panic on SECOND American Airlines flight as mystery fainting illness hits passengers and crew
January 29, 2016

'Nailed it!' Passengers praise hero BA pilot after landing gear FAILS in mid-air emergency

January 30, 2016

"A HEROIC pilot has been praised after a British Airways plane was forced to make an emergency landing, using just three sets of wheels instead of five, at Heathrow Airport following a problem with its landing gear at 33,000ft."

snip

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/639538/British-Airways-plane-held-emergency-landing

• Like 4

Did bomb on plane cause midair explosion which left gaping hole in cabin?

Tom Gillespie

February 3, 2016

post-5-0-79117000-1454484161_thumb.jpg

"AN EXPLOSION has ripped a hole in the side of an aeroplane over Somalia — where locals reported seeing a severely-burned man falling through the sky.

The Daallo Airlines flight caught fire five minutes after taking off from Mogadishu’s Aden Adde International Airport this morning.

The pilot turned the plane around and performed an emergency landing, but it is unclear what caused the explosion over the war-torn country.

When Flight D3159 landed, emergency crews were stunned to see a hole had been blasted in the side of the plane’s fuselage."

snip  video/pictures at link.  I find it interesting that it did show the side of the plane, which showed the hole, and red and black splatter on the outside of the side of the plane, but now that picture is gone, considering they are saying no one was injured.  Hole was from inside out, and also where there were windows.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/did-bomb-on-plane-cause-midair-explosion-which-left-gaping-hole-in-cabin/news-story/570f2f53cf11b2f55aee48c3ce128b4e

Tx w

There was a Marine Helicopter crash in January, off Honolulu with 12 Marines killed.  They have found some debris with DNA, but nothing else

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HAWAII_HELICOPTER_COLLISION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-01-15-20-31

• Like 6

Passenger Catches Fire and Is Sucked From Plane at 14,000 Feet

It’s like something out of a horror movie: A passenger caught fire and was sucked out of a hole in the side of an airplane at 14,000 feet.

Hassan Mohamed Nur, a survivor on that Daallo Airlines Flight D3159 from Mogadishu to Djibouti, told the Daily Mail: “I saw the passenger, a man in his early 60s, get sucked out of the plane. There was a huge bang. A big hole appeared in the side of the jet and the elderly passenger disappeared through it. One minute he was sat in his seat; the next he was gone. He’d been sucked out of the plane. People were screaming. We all thought we were going to die.”

Nur also reported that the man caught fire before he was sucked from his seat, and eerily, the burned body of an elderly man was found in Balad, 18 miles from Mogadishu. It’s uncertain whether this was the same man.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/passenger-caught-fire-and-sucked-from-plane-at-172542766.html

• Like 7

I just have to tell you Phillip, that I'm now going to run right out and find me a 737, that needs to be landed,  NOT!!  Although I AM definitely better prepared after this lesson.  It has boosted my confidence in my abilities to land one, if I should ever find it necessary to do so. (think I will watch it a couple more times, just to be sure though, LOL)

• Like 2

Crews begin moving derailed train cars

March 14, 2016

"Update (1:05 pm): Heavy equipment has been brought in to right the derailed train cars. 

Meanwhile, several buses have arrived at the temporary shelter to get stranded passengers on to their destinations.  Their next stop is Kansas City. where some passengers will be put on another train to Chicago.  Others will get hotel rooms for the night and leave on Tuesday.

Update (10:20 am): One of the passengers aboard the Amtrak train that derailed this morning outside Dodge City says he was just about to call it a night.  The passenger says he was using the restroom when the train derailed.  He was taken to the hospital for treatment of bumps and bruises.

Another tells us he takes trains because he's terrified of flying.  He says he isn't sure how he'll get home to Nashville. 

A passenger from Chicago says he was in Flagstaff, Arizona for Cubs & White Sox spring training.  He tells us someone fell asleep in the seat he was supposed to be in, so he decided to go relax in the observation car.  The car with his original seat is one of the cars that derailed.  He says he feels fortunate that he didn't pursue his original seat"
snip
  • Like 3

FlyDubai passenger Boeing from Dubai crashes in Rostov-on-Don

Published time: 19 Mar, 2016 01:27

Edited time: 19 Mar, 2016 02:01

Flydubai flight FZ981 has crashed in the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don killing all 59 passengers and crew on board. The flight was en route from Dubai and crashed during a landing approach.

Air-traffic control and local emergency services confirmed that the Boeing 737 jet crashed near the runway during a second approach in conditions of poor visibility.

“According to preliminary data, the Boeing 737 crashed in poor visibility conditions, some 50-100 meters left of the runway,” the source said.

https://www.rt.com/news/336185-boeing-crash-dubai-rostov/

• Like 5

This is purportedly a video of the last moments of the Dubai plane crash. I haven't studied it thoroughly and am not sure if it has been absolutely confirmed. If it is the plane and it was weather conditions that caused the crash, why would the plane be on fire before it crashed?

Just keep in mind this may not be the plane. But if it is not the plane, then what is it? Either way, I have questions.

• Like 4

Er, this purports to show the site of the FlyDubai crash.

If you see anything resembling what we would expect to see when a plane crashes because of high winds during a landing approach, please clue me in. I will say that this is more what I would expect of a plane that already looked like a fireball as it approached the ground. Looks like some plane crash remnants we've seen before -- practically dust.

• Like 4

Video of the crash site from the ground. I still can't get over the tiny bits and pieces of this plane.

My heart does go out to those who have lost loved ones.

• Like 4

Horrible.  I can only say one thing, I hope they were deceased, before they hit the ground.  I have, when flying, considered such things, and don't believe we can to begin to imagine the horror.  I wish them all peace, and feel sorrow for their families.

• Like 5

Quote from the first article I posted on this plane crash:

Both FZ981 flight data recorders have been recovered from the crash site. Experts are evaluating whether any data can be retrieved from them, said Vladimir Markin, spokesman for the Russia’s Investigative Committee (IC). The cockpit voice recorder was found in the morning and the parametric recorder was recovered later in the day.

According Investigative Committee experts who examined the flight recorders, the black boxes are in a "normal condition," Oksana Kovrizhnaya said.

She said the data would be extracted as soon as possible.

https://www.rt.com/news/336185-boeing-crash-dubai-rostov/

Now, they are saying the black boxes are severely damaged...

Russia plane crash: Rostov-on-Don black boxes 'damaged'

Aviation experts are examining two black boxes from the FlyDubai flight that crashed in the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don, killing all 55 passengers and seven crew on board.

But officials say the cockpit voice and data recorders have been badly damaged and are unlikely to reveal much data.

<snip>

Inter-State Aviation Committee Deputy Chairman Sergei Zaiko was reported by the Associated Press news agency to have told Russia's Channel One TV station that the black boxes containing flight data recorders were delivered to Moscow on Sunday.

But the committee that investigates plane crashes throughout much of the former Soviet Union said in a statement they had been badly damaged.

The black boxes are being examined by experts from Russia, the United Arab Emirates, the US and France, AP reported, because the American-made Boeing had French-manufactured engines.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35856680?

There's a photo of a damaged flight data recorder at the BBC article. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be one from this plane. If it is, it's hard to believe it could have originally been described as being in "normal condition". How does it go from being in normal condition to severely damaged overnight?

• Like 4