The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Psychosisss

It's an awesome world

I am struck once again by the awesomeness of animals on this planet.

"Cat gives birth to litter and then lends teat to baby squirrel"

f2mckzg.jpg

The squirrel suckles on a teat just like its step-siblings (Picture: ingur/mustardtits)

I will let you go check out this story to see how it goes from here..

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/01/cat-gives-birth-to-litter-and-then-lends-teat-to-baby-squirrel-4170292/

let's hope mankind takes a hint..

• Like 7

That is quite a beautiful picture arc, many thanks

I did not take it.

It is Banff Alberta. In the Canadian Rockies.

• Like 1

I try to think of it this way--- its what we look forward too, and I am going to go there one day and have a look for myself :)

• Like 1

I feel sad whenever I see such beauty, I wonder why. :(

I feel like that sometimes with landscape images, not so much a sadness but a longing, hard to describe, felt like that a lot when i visited Kings Canyon in Oz.. :)  some sort of connectedness.

• Like 2

Exactly Psycosisss. Like a longing or a pull on your very soul. It comes from deep within. Like a connection to something right in the center of your existence.

• Like 2

I feel like that sometimes with landscape images, not so much a sadness but a longing, hard to describe, felt like that a lot when i visited Kings Canyon in Oz.. :)  some sort of connectedness.

I know exactly what you mean. It's almost as if your soul remembers when most of the planet looked that way... The happiest of sadness

• Like 3

@Tetra "I feel sad whenever I see such beauty, I wonder why.  :("

and

I cry when I see beautiful day and night sky and other nature, those that are captured by humans on films, music, you name it.

But I noticed when I'm doing so, no one else is doing so around me.

So I thought I just have a wacky spectrum to be moved emotionally by something.

But may be I'm not alone as I'm hearing you people! 

...Glad to be in CHANI community. ;)

BTW MULTI QUOTE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK....

• Like 3

This one caught my eye 

"Eureka Prize: ten stunning Australian images have been selected as highly commended for the New Scientist Eureka Prize for Science Photography. Fluid Mechanics by Stuart Hirth shows a collection of liquid splashes, photographed over a period of many months and brought together in one image. The splashes from a single drop landing in a puddle are photographed in darkness and illuminated with a high-speed flash to show the colours and beautiful shapes. Picture: Stuart Hirth/Australian Museum New Scientist Eureka Prize for Science Photography"

322725-15823936-02d5-11e3-97b9-56622fcf4

This is a Weedy Seadragon, indigenous to Australia's waters

322809-1663ff9c-02d5-11e3-97b9-56622fcf4

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/photos-fn5fsgyc-1226695323882?page=1

• Like 7

@ Breezy Thank, I have never even heard of a Weedy Seadragon, let alone see one and I live in Aus.

@Arc - they look so perfect - more like paintings than pictures - such lovely country and such a lovely world.

• Like 3

Rarely Seen 'Asian Unicorn' Caught on Camera

November 13, 2013

Megan Gannon

http://www.livescience.com/31448-saola-images-endangered.html   <<<slideshow

"One of the most secretive creatures on Earth — the saola — has been photographed in Vietnam for the first time in 15 years.

Scientists first discovered the saola in 1992 in Vietnam near the country's border with Laos. It was the first large mammal new to science in more than 50 years. But since its discovery, the elusive creature has rarely been seen in the wild, earning it the nickname the "Asian unicorn" (even though it has two long horns instead of one).

A lone saola was documented this past September by a camera trap set up in the Central Annamite Mountains by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and Vietnamese wildlife officials." [Rare Images of the Saola, One of Earth's Most Elusive Mammals]

http://www.livescience.com/41176-asian-unicorn-camera-trap.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Livesciencecom+(LiveScience.com+Science+Headline+Feed)

post-5-0-68798300-1384461819_thumb.jpg

• Like 4