The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

Current Events from Around the World

21 minutes ago, kandescent said:

Immediate evacuation from the low levels of Oroville and areas downstream is ordered.

if legit this is major.... from butte county sheriff face book comments...

"Kayla Maree Rushing Not sure how accurate this is
at 419 pm pst, dam operators reported a hazardous situation is 
developing with the oroville dam auxiliary spillway. Operation of
the auxiliary spillway has LEAD to severe erosion that could LEAD 
to a failure of the structure. Failure of the auxiliary spillway 
structure will result in an uncontrolled release of flood waters 
from lake oroville.
in response to this developing situation, dwr is increasing water
releases to 100,000 cubic feet per second. 
immediate evacuation from the low levels of oroville areas 
downstream is ordered. From oroville to gridley...Low level areas 
around the Feather River will experience Rapid River rises.
this is not a drill. This is not a drill. Repeat this is not a 
drill.
* locations impacted include...
oroville, palermo, gridley, thermalito, south oroville, oroville
dam, oroville east and wyandotte.
precautionary/preparedness actions...
turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
"

https://www.facebook.com/bcsonews/

• Like 4

Yuba County Office of Emergency Services

37 mins · 

ALERT-ALERT-ALERT -- Yes, an evacuation has been ordered. All Yuba County on the valley floor. The auxiliary spillway is close to failing. Please travel safely. Contact family and friends. Help the elderly.

Take only routes to the east, south, or west. DO NOT TRAVEL NORTH TOWARD OROVILLE!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/YubaCounty/posts/1343884302342292

• Like 5

I saw someone post that the lake could lose 30 feet of water (height wise).

Here's a YouTube channel streaming various sources of streaming coverage.

• Like 5

another live streaming link. they say they will be covering a news conference soon. the guy who is running this stream sometimes talks over the stream (so a little annoying).

• Like 5

BREAKING: Marysville, Yuba County evacuated as Oroville spillway collapse feared

Concerned citizens in Marysville, California are not waiting around to see what happens with the Oroville Dam spillway, but are gathering their families within minutes, loading up the car and flooding local gas stations as the prepare to leave town.

More than 160,000 people in evacuation area

More than 162,000 residents in Butte, Sutter and Yuba counties were affected by Sunday night’s evacuation orders, census figures show.

Butte sheriff: Situation improving

State Department of Water Resources told Butte County Sheriff Kony Honea shortly after 6 p.m. that “the erosion that caused all this concern was not advancing as rapidly as they thought.”

“That’s a very good thing,” he said.

There is a plan currently in place which would hopefully plug that hole, Honea said, including using helicopters dropping bags of rock into the crevasse to prevent any further erosion.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/water-and-drought/article132332499.html#storylink=cpy

od4.PNG

• Like 6

let me see if i got this right.....the main spillway, built to release pressure from a full lake that could crest the dam. water over the dam would cause damage to the dam because of hydrodynamics. the main spillway was plan a, but since this is a government project they had a plan b, the auxiliary or emergency spillway, just in case of emergency. emergency spillway opens and damage is done to it by the same hydrodynamics that threatened the dam in the first place! now it is urgent for them to stop flow over plan b by overloading the damaged plan a that failed originally, requiring plan b to be emergently implemented in the first place. right now the only thing keeping the water from overflowing the dam is the damaged main spillway (plan a), who has lost his backup , the emergency spillway (plan b). everything is riding on the damaged main spillway and mother nature.....

• Like 6

@slayer that sounds exactly right to me, oh and plan b was totally untested, completely and totally untested!  It developed a hole, and that is undermining it's integrity.  The only way to stop water from going over the now damaged, emergency spillway is to increase the amount going down the original, severely damaged main spillway.  Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't kind of thing.   

• Like 6

heres a thought. is there a conspiracy ?  right now we see large numbers of folks being moved by law enforcement mandate. all related to a potential threat of catastrophic failure of water retention in reservoir. immediate worries of lives and properties in immediate threat of inundation. threat has risen from 8,000 - 15,000 - 62,000 - 80,000 - 162,00 and we watch... but thats not the real issue if the reservoir fails. the reservoir provides for a lot of agriculture. a lot. it also provides for over 20,000,000 people clean water. if reservoir gone and no reserve remains then water must be found elsewhere. california is the other lone star state. it is the republic of california and we also have a lone star on our flag. we are a large state as is the other lonestar state. (only we won our "alamo" not by hiding in a fort and dying but by riding into the mexican army barracks with less than 15 men and raising the bear flag in the plaza). if we were a country we would be #7 in food production and #6 in global economy. talk of our secession from the union is in the air and northern california splitting from southern cali is always in the air and that is mostly related to water wars....maybe there is a conspiracy to punish cocky calif by loss of reservoir....maybe, maybe not but this is a conspiracy board...im with you breezy..watching moe, larry and curly fix this mess. heres a joke...whos going to build that mess of a wall on our southern border ? easy answer ...wall building "messicans".  

• Like 5

Yes, this is a conspiracy board + everything else too, but when we are talking conspiracy on this subject, let me give you my thoughts.  Geo-engineering in one word.  Several of us, in the past few years, while California was having the "drought", watched on null school (the earth-wind map)as rain that was supposed to go into N. Calif, was what appeared to be, redirected up into Oregon, while yet once again, California went without much needed rain.  I believe Katrina was geo-engineered to hit NOLA, like it did, as the funds to care for and maintain the levees were cut year after year, including the year of Katrina, about one month or so before.  Then of course they failed. NOLA still isn't rebuilt, and many people were displaced to points all over the states, with literally no way to ever get back. Families separated, and there was also NO WAY to get a true count on exactly how many lives were lost, as so many had been sent elsewhere. Calif. has had 5 years of drought conditions, and now this. Do I think this is natural? No, I do not, no more than I believe Katrina was. This dam was built back 50+years ago, and this emergency spill gate has never been tested, never been used? Yet "they" knew the regular spillway had developed problems as far back as 2008, and nothing was done to protect or maintain it?  This water is needed for the growing areas, the central valley, etc. I believe I have read that Calif., alone, provides up to 90% of all fruits/veggies for the country. What happens if that is all destroyed by water? How is that produce then provided? Where does it come from? Why does my mind always go back to Agenda 21/depopulation? 

Not only that where in the hell is your Governor?  Not one word from him about any of this as far as I know. WHY? Why weren't people told to evacuate as soon as that water started breaching the emergency spillway? OR at least told to prepare to evacuate, just in case the order came to do so?  Especially since "they" had no clue whether or not it would react like "they" hoped, and also knew the main spillway was damaged so severely? Yes, I will stick my neck out, I do think there is much more to this than what seems to be obvious. As I've watched this mess unfold, I've had a lot of questions about wth are they thinking? For one, "they" could have started releasing water long before "they" did. Why did "they" wait until it got that full? They were watching the speed with which it was filling all along.  It is dumbfounding, period!  Now, all these people being told to evacuate at the last minute, doing so at night, in the dark, and being told there is no definite time frame as to when they will be allowed to return, again, just like Katrina, thousands being displaced. I could add a lot more to my reasoning, but I'm sure you get the jist.  Everyone has to make up their own minds as to what they think, but when all those in charge kept trying to convince everyone that there was nothing to worry about, no real problems, I thought surely if they are seeing what I'm seeing, they can't believe that. Told chat mates 3 days ago, if I lived below that dam, I'd be gone.  disclaimer: just my opinion  

• Like 7

most if not all levees in california were made by army corps of engineers ....come fix your mess....bring your own messicans to get er done....

• Like 3

Reservior

If you look at this it shows where Shasta Dam is and how all of them drain into the same rivers as they head south to the Sacramento Valley.   

http://www.norcalwater.org/water-maps/       Tx Reddwolf

Then there is this to consider, but from 3 days ago now.

Rising concerns for Shasta Dam release caused flooding  <<Shasta IS a cement Dam, at least.

Feb. 10, 2017         Story by Mike Mangas, written by Josh Copitch           

"REDDING, Calif. - The Sacramento River system at Shasta Dam is in good shape, but there are flooding concerns down river. The Bureau of Reclamation is ramping up release flow through the weekend. 

Five river valves were open on the face of Shasta Dam Friday, but on Sunday there will be 10. 

Behind Shasta Dam, the lake is only about 10-feet from the crest. Officials say that there is way too much water in the event of more wet storms adding more water. 

"This is all for flood control management, as far as we need to keep storage in the reservoir, and at this point, we're about 37 feet too high. IN the last 10 days, we've come up 24 1/2 feet," said Sheri Harral with the Bureau of Reclamation. 

Shasta Dam has 70-feet more water than this time last year. All of the water coming out of the lake, coupled with slide flows, means flooding is inevitable.

snip

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/rising-concerns-for-sacramento-river-caused-floooding/326283106

• Like 6

How many billions has Jerry Brown spent on illegals while our infrastructure crumbles? 

Oroville Dam: Feds and state officials ignored warnings 12 years ago

More than a decade ago, federal and state officials and some of California’s largest water agencies rejected concerns that the massive earthen spillway at Oroville Dam — at risk of collapse Sunday night and prompting the evacuation of 185,000 people — could erode during heavy winter rains and cause a catastrophe.

Three environmental groups — the Friends of the River, the Sierra Club and the South Yuba Citizens League — filed a motion with the federal government on Oct. 17, 2005, as part of Oroville Dam’s relicensing process, urging federal officials to require that the dam’s emergency spillway be armored with concrete, rather than remain as an earthen hillside.

The groups filed the motion with FERC, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. They said that the dam, built and owned by the state of California, and finished in 1968, did not meet modern safety standards because in the event of extreme rain and flooding, fast-rising water would overwhelm the main concrete spillway, then flow down the emergency spillway, and that could cause heavy erosion that would create flooding for communities downstream, but also could cause a failure, known as “loss of crest control.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/12/oroville-dam-feds-and-state-officials-ignored-warnings-12-years-ago/

• Like 7

Live updates: Mass evacuation below Oroville Dam as officials frantically try to make repairs before new storms

"This is not a drill. Repeat this is not a drill,” the National Weather Service said Sunday, urging people living below Oroville Dam to evacuate.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-live-updates-oroville-dam-20170212-htmlstory.html

• Like 6

15 hours ago, breezy said:

Rising concerns for Shasta Dam release caused flooding  <<Shasta IS a cement Dam, at least.

they released from shasta into full rivers ? they also released water from iron gate dam at the same time on the klamath. we  flooded on the 10th , now receded with more rain expected tomorrow throughout the week. all of us near the river have been warned to be ready to evacuate. iron gate released the water into a flooded river allegedly to wash off the parasites on salmon . they said the release at higher flows would be more effective on salmon parasites . ok, but the river crested flood stage ! i don't believe their stated purpose for the release. there may be impending issues on the klamath that we are not hearing. i was first evacuated by helicopter from here in 1955. my mother stood on the klamath bridge and watched our cabin float down river and shatter into thousands of splinters as it hit a large redwood tree. shasta released water into full river and iron gate released water into flooded river, is this the tip of the iceberg ? water reserved is californias main engine of existence....

"February 9, 2017, 9pm The National Weather Service is now predicting the Klamath River will peak at 42.7feet by 6am on Friday morning. Minor flooding will occur at 38 feet and at 43 feet it will begin to go over the road and start isolating areas such as Requa and the Glenn by morning. Everyone near the Klamath River should be ready to evacuate if necessary."

"The dry period that starts Saturday is expected to end Tuesday as rain with the next system moves onshore. This dry period did permit the rivers and streams to recede and reservoir operators to release water that was held back for flood control purposes." NOTE : "...held back for flood control purposes." ????

" We can expect one system after another to move across the northern California starting Tuesday morning and continuing into next week"

http://preparedelnorte.com/StormUpdate

here is stated purpose of water release during flood stage of klamath.....

"The Bureau of Reclamation will increase flows below Iron Gate Dam to reduce the risk of disease for coho salmon in the Klamath River. Starting Feb. 10 through Feb. 13, flows below Iron Gate Dam will be elevated increasing from approximately 4,000 cubic feet per second to as much as 9,600 cfs. The public is urged to take all necessary precautions on or near the river while flows are high during this period. "

"On Feb. 8, 2017, United States District Judge William H. Orrick ordered Reclamation to implement “winter-spring flushing flows designed to dislodge and flush out polychaete worms that host C. shasta.”  

"Reclamation is implementing the increased flow event at this time to take advantage of the current hydrologic (rain on snow) conditions throughout the Klamath Basin. Pairing increased flow events with natural high flow hydrologic events maximizes the potential benefits and effectiveness of the event while reducing the amount of water required out of Upper Klamath Lake, which reduces potential for negative impacts to the overall water supply and endangered Lost River and shortnose suckers in Upper Klamath Lake. Based on current hydrologic conditions, there is high confidence that water used out of Upper Klamath Lake for these flows will be replenished quickly through inflows that are occurring into the lake. "

https://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/sites/default/files/natural-resources/NR-2017-02-10_Fish Health Releases into Klamath River.pdf

• Like 6

here is an example, in real time, of predictive scientific analysis as to how the klamath will "flow". here is the prediction, and the future is "forecast" graphically, the green and the purple representing prediction......return to site a week from now and lets see how good they are at predicting the river and nature...

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/graphicalRVF.php?id=KLMC1

this forecast seems about right, showing we are going to get wind and rain. it is their best forecast...in a week we will know...

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=EKA&issuedby=EKA&product=HWO&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0 

• Like 3

Villages of the Dam: Homes and business below California's Oroville Dam lie abandoned underwater - as it's revealed officials were warned about the crumbling structure TWELVE YEARS ago

Officials were warned about Oroville Dam 12  years ago

"Eerie images of drowned buildings (Riverbend Park pictured bottom-left and right) and ghost towns have emerged from the area below California's crumbling Oroville Dam (pictured during dramatic overflow on Sunday, top-left) after hundreds of thousands were ordered to evacuate. And it might have been averted had feds and water agencies not ignored warnings 12 years ago that the 49-year-old structure was at risk of collapsing. It also appears that repairs on the massive dam - which was left falling apart after a surprise burst of heavy rainfall - were not earmarked in Governor Jerry Brown's $100 billion list of key infrastructure projects this month. The rainfall that is expected Wednesday could pour into a gaping 250ft chasm in the concrete spillway, causing a collapse and unleashing a 30ft 'tsunami' tidal wave that could leave towns along a 40-mile stretch of the Feather River below the dam under 100ft of water. The situation is now so critical that President Trump is being urged to declare a disaster in Butte, Sutter and Yuba counties, where 200,000 people, including Department of Water staff, were frantically ordered to evacuate their homes and places of work on Sunday."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

• Like 5

The links are to pictures of the hole they are filling with bags of rocks at Oroville Dam, near the emergency spillway. Each bag weighs a ton "they" said.

C4j4WTAW8AA31Pj.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/yDI2L       <<copy/paste into address bar another view of the same one further away, you really see just how huge it is.

• Like 5

A Closer Look At The Damage From To The Oroville Dam Spillway

I was wrong about the hole above being the particular one of concern, just look at how close this hole is to the emergency spillway wall.

1550x872

http://www.trbimg.com/img-58a206e0/turbine/la-me-lake-oroville-spillway-pictures-039/1550/1550x872

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/californias-oroville-dam-wasnt-on-browns-infrastructure-wish-list.html

SCARY: Oroville Dam Aerials - Threatened by Upcoming Rain Wednesday - 188,000 CA Residents Evacuated

40 seconds in those are huge air bubbles on the water surface near the emergency over flow wall-coming from where exactly?    Tx Reddwolf for video

I was thinking about something this AM  CHANI entity spoke about BROWN cheats. I recall asking Acolyte if it could possibly be Gov. Brown of Calif.  He thought for a minute then told me no, he didn't think so, because he felt that particular Brown would have to be someone of international fame.  IF that dam fails, I rest my case, as he will most certainly have that fame, for being a Gov. who was more concerned about sanctuary cities and illegal alien protection than he was about the well being of his own people, and the basic infrastructure of his state.  I have read also that he is not going to the dam to see what's going on there.  He does reside in Sacramento, I think, so he might get to see it first hand. Interesting to note also, that at 7:11 pm on Feb. 9, 2017, someone from the Yurok reservation down in Klamath, Calif. posted a video on Facebook of a massive train going by, that was filled with military vehicles. The man posting it mentioned it being done in the dark, and wondered where they were headed. Not saying there is any connection, but he thought it strange enough to tape it, so I mention it, because it was just about the time all this started. 

• Like 7

just for general info regarding Brown cheats

Well, well, well. Gov. of Calif. just about the whole time Oroville Dam was being built, was none other than Pat Brown, the current Governor's father!  In fact out of the last 58 years, 22 of them have seen Pat or Jerry Brown, as Governor, with Jerry holding the position the most. (14 and holding)  Ironic that this happens on Jerry's watch, as you would have thought he'd do his best to protect his father's legacy.  Wonder if there were funds set up in a trust, for maintenance of this dam?  I can't seem to find that info.  In 2005 when the first warnings came, Swartzenegger was Gov. In 2012/13 When it came up once again, the responsibility went to Jerry Brown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oroville_Dam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_California                            

Oroville Dam is not an Army Corps of Engineers project.  The building and maintaining responsibility belongs entirely to DWR of Calif. (Dept. of Water Resources)

Engineers turn the tide in battle to lower water behind California's crumbling dam by 50ft and declare people CAN go home - but warn them not to unpack as more storms loom <<a tad misleading, as they only lowered it some 14 feet by Tuesday afternoon

By Tuesday afternoon it was 888ft full, 14ft less than its 902ft maximum but way off the 850ft target

They need to drain the lake by 50ft before storms hit on Wednesday and Friday bringing more rain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4221808/Officials-warned-Oroville-Dam-12-years-ago.html

So it took them 2 full days to drop the level 14 ft. Anyone think they'll get to 50 ft by tomorrow? Yet they let people back in? the following video has an interview with an engineer, working on the dam, I think I'd pay attention to his words.

Oroville dam spillway this is not good

https://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/oroville?MR=1

http://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2017/02/14/oroville-dam-site/

• Like 5

3 hours ago, breezy said:

Oroville Dam is not an Army Corps of Engineers project.  The building and maintaining responsibility belongs entirely to DWR of Calif. (Dept. of Water Resources)

there appears to be a small discrepancy. may not be a project....but 20% is said to be their responsibility re flood mitigation...

On 2/13/2017 at 7:48 PM, hcvslayer said:

here comes the army corp of engineers....20% of dam is theirs for flood mitigation...congressman lamalfa at 21:38 ...army corp of engineers...worth a watch...best in the world at what they do. geo-engineering, terraforming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewvQC0D0KIo

is la malfa confused ?

• Like 2