The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

A STRICTLY GOOD NEWS THREAD!!

I'd like a beer, 70-year-old says after icy 6-day ordeal in Alps

August 16, 2012

Andy Eckardt, NBC News

"The man, who was not named, survived by eating rations of a chocolate bar and drinking melted glacier water, officials said.

Medical officials expressed surprise that he had survived for so long in such icy conditions.

"One of the treating physicians told us that one of the first things the 70-year-old asked for was a beer with a shot of lemonade," said Johannes Schwamberger, spokesman for the hospital in Innsbruck, Austria, where the man was being treated after his rescue.

Climbing alone

The man, who hailed from the southeast German state of Bavaria, had been touring by himself Schrankogel mountain in the central eastern Alpine region of Stubai without the safety of a rope.

'Cold was his biggest enemy'

Rescuers pulled the man out of the crevasse after other climbers had heard his screaming.

"Because the man had no serious injuries, it was not so difficult to pull him out of the crevasse," Baumann said."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/

Stunning moment a humpback whale breached the water as he fed in the middle of a sleepy Californian fishing harbour

August 20, 2012

"An amateur shutterbug happened upon a stunning scene as a pod of humpback whales emerged from the water as a curious crowd of watchers gathered around.

Retiree Bill Bouton was driving in San Luis Obispo, California on Saturday when he glanced over at the coast to see a group of the massive mammals feeding in the shallow waters, which has been occurring occasionally in the area over the past few days.

The 69-year-old managed to pull his car over and set up his camera tripod near the water’s edge to capture snapshots of the event."

article-0-14A19757000005DC-894_964x636.jpg Meal time: Fearless onlookers try and get close to capture pictures of a feeding humpback whale in the waters of San Luis Obispo, California on Saturday

Read more here....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191301/A-whale-tale-Amateur-photog-captures-stunning-shots-humpbacks-feeding-California-waters-surrounded-fearless-water-revelers-enjoying-aquatic-spectacle.html

This sort of thing just makes my day...hope it does the same for you....Tx Reddwolf

Incredible Whale Encounter - Mother Gray Whale Lifts Her Calf Out of the Water! [HD]

Posted By: Steve [send E-Mail]

Date: Wednesday, 22-Aug-2012 09:03:16

Published on Mar 14, 2012 by OneWorldOneOcean

Join the movement and view more stunning ocean content at http://oneworldoneocean.org/movement --

A mother gray whale lifted up her calf, seemingly to help it get a better view of the excited onlookers, and we caught it all on camera.

For in-depth information on the whales of San Ignacio and regulations of the area, see our blog post at http://www.oneworldoneocean.org/blog/entry/friendlies-gray-whales-of-san-igna...

The gray whales in San Ignacio Lagoon frequently approach small tourist boats, seeking the human interaction. While they could easily avoid the people, whose small boats are not allowed to closely approach whales, they actually seem to enjoy making contact.

Laguna San Ignacio is on the Pacific coast of Mexico's Baja peninsula and is the destination for hundreds of gray whales, who migrate annually to the region from their feeding grounds in the Arctic. Here, where the water is shallow and warm, they give birth to their young. It lies within El Vizcaino Biosphere Reserve and is the gray whale's last undisturbed nursing and breeding ground, largely thanks to an environmental victory in 2000 that stopped the development of an industrial salt plant.

Whale watching here is highly regulated, with limits on how many boats can be on the water, how long they can stay, and how close they can get; rather than closely approaching the whales, they must idle their engine and wait for the whales to approach the vessel, which is a common occurrence.

----------------

Humans are strange and dangerous, another day on another water and both those whales would be harpooned.

@Steve

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=250065

Dinghy boy, 10, rescues yacht pair off Brixham

From August 2, 2012 But still deserves  a spot in a good news thread..

_61980082_61980081.jpgStuart Crang rowed his 8ft dinghy to rescue Richard Brown and Sue Taffler

"A 10-year-old boy is being hailed a hero after rescuing a couple whose boat capsized in the sea off Devon."

"A canoe instructor Richard Brown, and his partner, Sue Taffler, got into difficulties when sailing near Brixham.

Stuart Crang rowed his 8ft (2.4m) dinghy to their water-filled yacht and towed them back in a trip that took 30 minutes, sometimes against the tide.

Mr Brown said Stuart was an "absolute star". Stuart's parents said they were "very proud".

Mr Brown's boat filled with water and capsized when he and Ms Taffler were sailing off Brixham at the end of July.

He said they were both wearing life jackets and did not believe they were in life-threatening danger.

But he added they did spend about 45 minutes in the water and were in danger of losing their boat.

Stuart said he went to their aid "because I was there, and I care about people, and they were in danger".  <<<<my hat is off to this 10 yr old HERO..!!!

"I just put them on tow and brought them in."

Stuart's father, Nigel, said: "All he had was a bit of rope about 4ft long, which he tied to the front.

"The couple didn't want get in his boat in case they capsized him out, and he towed them for 30 minutes for about half a mile."

He added: "You normally see him towing something around the harbour. I just didn't expect him with a boat and two people in the water.

"We're very proud of what he's done."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-19090663

• Like 1

Now that is PURELY WONDERFUL.....WONDERFUL....THANK YOU, SUPER HEROES,  INDEED!!!!  Those little ripples just keep running out from them..

All is about to get so much better. I just know. Why or how does not matter, it just is.

So a big smile to all  ;D

narnug

HMN Australia: Kaola hitches ride in canoe (Vid)

Posted By: MESETA [send E-Mail]

Date: Thursday, 30-Aug-2012 21:01:17

BBC: "A group of canoeists on Australia's Gold Coast were surprised over the weekend to see a koala swimming near the bank of a river and even more shocked when it crawled into one of their canoes and hitched a ride.

Although it is not unknown for the marsupials to take to the water, experts believe the animal might have felt trapped on a tidal bank in Tallebudgera Creek and decided the canoe was its best way to escape."

Video in the source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19399774

Sourcehttp://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=250998

• Like 1

Louisiana Father-Son Team Rescues 120 From Flooding

August 30, 2012

"Residents of Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana were shocked by Hurricane Isaac Wednesday morning when ocean water burst over the Mississippi River levee, covering their town and leaving thousands trapped in attics and on roofs.

Jesse Shaffer, 25, and his father, also named Jesse Shaffer, 53, both of Braithwaite, La., stayed behind in their town to rescue their friends.

While police and the fire department were unable to reach some stranded people using their vehicles, the Shaffers were able to save lives using boats.

"We rescued a lot of people, saw a lot of things you never thought you'd see," the older Shaffer told ABC News, beginning to cry.

Each Shaffer controlled a boat, in which the pair saved a combined 120 people in 12 hours, as well as animals.

Their rescue mission began at five a.m. Wednesday at a local auditorium, where they rescued 10 people including a baby and an elderly man, they said. The Shaffers had to break through the attic ventilation system to reach the victims.

"They'd call me and didn't know the water was coming up until it was late, and they'd call me to come get them," the older Shaffer said. "We had to scramble and try to find a boat 'cause none of the sheriff's department or anybody could come to this end of the parish."

The Shaffers rescued a family of five, including three children under the age of 6, from the roof of their trailer home just minutes before water overtopped it. The rescue was the older Shaffer's most memorable of the day."

Read this great story here...

http://news.yahoo.com/louisiana-father-son-team-rescues-120-flooding-223023752--abc-news-topstories.html

MY HAT IS OFF TO THESE GUYS, WE SHOULD ALL BE NEIGHBORS LIKE THIS!!!

post-5-1375909562892_thumb.png

• Like 1

OH, for a Sunday morning....someone spreading beauty...what a novel idea, that is fun and brings smiles to the faces of everyone who sees them....there go those positive rings again...floating outward and affecting all..enjoy....

Holes Of Happiness

!

Uploaded by thepotholegardener on Jan 26, 2012

Holes Of Happiness is a short documentary looking at the reactions of the public to some pothole gardens that have been popping up around East London. http://www.thepotholegardener.com

http://thepotholegardener.com/

Incredible Whale Encounter - Mother Gray Whale Lifts Her Calf Out of the Water!

This is from back in March of this year, but I don't care...I think it can bring someone a smile, so here it is..

Published on Mar 14, 2012 by OneWorldOneOcean

Join the movement and view more stunning ocean content at http://oneworldoneocean.org/movement --

A mother gray whale lifted up her calf, seemingly to help it get a better view of the excited onlookers, and we caught it all on camera.

For in-depth information on the whales of San Ignacio and regulations of the area, see our blog post at http://www.oneworldoneocean.org/blog/entry/friendlies-gray-whales-of-san-igna...

The gray whales in San Ignacio Lagoon frequently approach small tourist boats, seeking the human interaction. While they could easily avoid the people, whose small boats are not allowed to closely approach whales, they actually seem to enjoy making contact.

Laguna San Ignacio is on the Pacific coast of Mexico's Baja peninsula and is the destination for hundreds of gray whales, who migrate annually to the region from their feeding grounds in the Arctic. Here, where the water is shallow and warm, they give birth to their young. It lies within El Vizcaino Biosphere Reserve and is the gray whale's last undisturbed nursing and breeding ground, largely thanks to an environmental victory in 2000 that stopped the development of an industrial salt plant.

Whale watching here is highly regulated, with limits on how many boats can be on the water, how long they can stay, and how close they can get; rather than closely approaching the whales, they must idle their engine and wait for the whales to approach the vessel, which is a common occurrence.

Tx.. Reddwolf...

Blind Pet Dachshund Paints, Saves Fellow Rescue Dogs With Artwork

Sept 6, 2012

abc_dog_artist_jp_120906_wblog.jpgKOMO TV

"A Seattle-area painter has turned her sadness when her pet dachshund went blind into an opportunity  to create unique works of art to help other pets in need.

DeeDee Murray, who has made a career as a painter of realistic portraits of horses, dogs and wildlife, was saddened to learn that her beloved rescue longhaired dachshund Hallie had gone blind from Sudden Acquired Retinal Degeneration Syndrome (SARDS), an autoimmune disease that attacks the retina.

“It came on really fast — overnight,” she told ABC News affiliate KOMO. “It probably happened within 2 or 3 days. She was seeing fine and then suddenly she was walking into walls.”

Murray had already taught Hallie the painting trade before she lost her sight. She said that within a few days after she had taught her to take to a canvas with the brush in her mouth, Hallie was picking the brush up herself.

“She would never want to stop, if I set the brush down and told her how good she was and it was time to stop, she would quickly grab the brush back and start painting again,” Murray wrote on her website."

snip

“I’m amazed,” Murray said. “She can’t see the paper … she’ll put her paw out, and she’s only done that since she’s been blind — so I’m guessing that she’s reaching for the paper. But her paw is shorter than her nose so she can’t reach it. ”

The two are now using Hallie’s artwork  – each piece of which is signed with a rubber stamp imprint of her paw — to help out other animals in need. Selections of the dog’s work are posted to a website, and all of the money from sales goes to Purple Heart Rescue, a dog rescue charity.

Hallie will also be featured this weekend at the fine arts building at the local Puyallup Fair in western Washington State.

Murray says that the dog that she once thought had lost all hope is now an inspiration to her."

"“She showed me that you can overcome, and enjoy life,” she said. “She’s been here to teach me things. She’s always been a happy little dog. She’s inspiring.”"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/09/blind-pet-dachshund-paints-saves-fellow-rescue-dogs-with-artwork/

We too have a long haired dachshund..and trust me when I say they are very special little dogs...ours was a rescued dog also...and the poor thing was so traumatized..no more...now he's spoiled rotten...and deservedly so...

Dancing Cop Lightens Mood In Traffic Jams

Sept. 6, 2012

Dancing Cop Lightens Mood In Traffic Jams

Published on Sep 6, 2012 by UfoScandinavia

Motorists stuck in traffic on the busy streets surrounding the Democratic Convention were treated to a little light relief - by a dancing traffic cop.

The officer - a member of the armed Swat team - had been drafted in as a temporary traffic marshal during the three day event in Charlotte, North Carolina.

But instead of getting down in the dumps about his temporary demotion, he decided to entertain frustrated motorists with some moves more likely seen on a nightclub dancefloor.

Several of his colleagues also entertained the crowds with their dance moves at other busy junctions.

Traffic has been congested in Charlotte since the start of the convention on Tuesday.

Feel those positive ripples moving outward from his actions....He has my Thanks for doing his job exceedingly well...

• Like 1

Welcome to thechaniproject, sky.  Thank you for posting this video for us to enjoy...definitely brought a smile to my face...breezy

SUBORBITAL CHICKEN:

"On Wednesday Sept. 5th a group of California high school students celebrated the 35th anniversary of the launch of Voyager 1 in an unusual way: They launched a rubber chicken. The popular NASA mascot Camilla traveled to the top of our planet's atmosphere on board a suborbital helium balloon. Here is a snapshot from an altitude of approximately 120,000 feet."

suborbitalchicken_strip.jpg

"Camilla is wearing headphones. Why? Because she's listening to the Golden iPod, the modern-day successor to the Golden Records bolted to the side of the Voyager probes. The students are updating the Golden Records with 21st-century content that the students would like to send into the cosmos. This was just a test flight; in 2013, they hope to launch the Golden iPod into Earth orbit onboard a CubeSat they are building.

At the apex of the Sept. 5th suborbital flight, the helium balloon popped as planned and Camilla parachuted back to Earth. The students, who call their group "Earth to Sky," recovered Camilla and the Golden iPod from a remote landing site in the Nevada wilderness on Sept. 6th. Now they are all enjoying music that has been to the doorstep of space itself.

More information about the flight and the recovery expedition may be found at Earth to Sky's Facebook page. Students who wish to participate in the Golden iPod project can submit their ideas for the iPod's playlist at goldenipod.org."

http://www.spaceweather.com/

I think this is great...thanks phillip

Ohio Man Aids Same Stranger Twice in Eight Years

Sept. 14, 2012

abc_christopher_manacci_jef_120913_wmain.jpgl1.yimg.com

"In a turn of events described as "miraculous," an Ohio man helped the same stranger twice in the span of eight years, most recently in a potentially deadly situation last weekend.

It was late Saturday night on a country road near Chagrin Falls, about 20 miles east of Cleveland, when Christopher Manacci and his wife were driving home from watching their son's football game for Case Western Reserve University and noticed a van, towing a boat, moving very slowly.

"I passed him and, for whatever reason, I noticed his front-left tire looked flat," Manacci told ABC News. "I dropped my wife off at home and said, "I'm going to take the guy a can of Fix-a-Flat. It's 11 o'clock at night in a rural setting, so there's not a lot of places to go. There are no tire stores, no anything. When I returned, I pulled behind him about 100 feet away, completely off the road and went up to ask him if he wanted to use the Fix-a-Flat for his tire, which I noticed was shredded. He and his son were outside the van evaluating the tire."

Suddenly, a pick-up truck, whose driver turned out to be allegedly drunk, came tearing down the road, smashing into Manacci's car."

snip

""He tells me about this story where he was fishing on that same lake," Manacci said. "His son at that time was on the dock where you launch the boats and I heard him say, 'Is anybody here a doctor?' I was kayaking with my son on the lake. His son says, 'My dad's hurt really bad.' I say, 'Let me take a look at him.' He had three [fishing hooks] hooks deep in the palm of his hand, deep into the tissue of his hand. Fortunately, I had with me a medical kit to remove this hook out of his hand without causing any more extensive damage.

"He's telling me this story and I go, 'Yes, I know that story well.' He looks at me and says, 'You do?' I say, 'Yeah, it was me. He says, 'Oh, my God, it was you!'

snip

"As the two men stood by the side of the road Saturday in disbelief about what had just transpired, Gronowski offered to take Manacci fishing to thank him for his help.

"I said, 'No disrespect, but given the luck you have surrounding the fishing," Manacci said he replied, "It'd be better off if we went bowling.

"And I said, 'I want to be clear that I limit rescues to two times per person in a lifetime."

Read more here..

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-aids-same-stranger-twice-eight-years-214414472.html

• Like 1

Shark ‘saves' Toakai Teitoi after 4 months at sea

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/shark-saves-toakai-teitoi-after-4-months-at-sea/story-e6frf7jo-1226475220054

September 16, 2012 10:03PM

snip

"Mr Teitoi said he woke in the afternoon to the sound of scratching and looked overboard to see a six-foot shark circling the boat and bumping the hull.

When the shark had his attention it swam off.

"He was guiding me to a fishing boat. I looked up and there was the stern of a ship and I could see crew with binoculars looking at me."

Amazing Phenomena of Singing Plants

from May 2012...but so neat I want to post it here...

"MessageToEagle.com - Plants are very much alive. Not only do they dislike human noise but they also posses the capacity to learn and communicate.

Perhaps even more astonishing is that plants can also make music.

Have you ever heard the incredible music of the plants? Plants can actually sing and compose music and listening to it is truly beautiful and relaxing!

Ever since 1975, researchers at Damanhur, in northern Italy have been experimenting with plants, trying to lean more about their unique properties.

Researchers use devices which they have created to measure the re-activity of the plants to their environment. The devices judge the plants' capacity to learn and communicate.

Using a simple principle, the researchers used a variation of the Wheatstone bridge, an electrical circuit used to measure an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit, one leg of which includes the unknown component."

Singing Plants at Damanhur | Des plantes qui jouent de la musique

Published on Mar 9, 2012 by 88EricHamel88

Singing Plants at Damanhur | Des plantes qui jouent de la musique

We want to thank everyone for the beautiful comments. The Music of the Plants is something our community has been researching since 1976. We have several concerts on our Youtube channel @damanhurtube. You can? find out more about our community at our website http://www.damanhur.org . If you have any questions, please ask!!

Here is a blog post to our latest research in which we are testing out this? theory:

http://www.damanhurblog.com/2012/04/13/experimentation­-with-music-of-the-plants-cont­inues/

For more information about vital energy, healing, and counciousness, please visit:

http://www.erichamel.com

read more and couple more videos at...

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/singingplants.php

I don't know about you, but I find this totally, totally thrilling....enjoy...but as someone else suggested...perhaps they aren't singing, so much as talking to one another...communicating as it were....thanks Phillip for your thoughts, which always make me think of things from a different perspective...and thanks Reddwolf for pointing to this web site..

Japanese Scientists Develop Ultra Thin Teeth Wrap that Prevents Cavities and Tooth Decay

I personally became very happy when I saw this news so I post this here but sorry if the news doesn't resonate with some of you... :P

"Japanese scientists have developed an ultra-thin material that can protect teeth from decay and restore tooth enamel. The material can be wrapped around the teeth to prevent the growth of bacteria, AFP reports."

""The moment you put it on a tooth surface, it becomes invisible. You can barely see it if you examine it under a light," Hontsu told AFP by telephone. The sheet can be made white for use in dental settings. The sheet was tested on disposed human teeth. Researchers say that they will soon be moving on to testing the material on animals and later on humans. It would take about five years for the material to be used in actual dental procedures."

Source:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/12144/20120917/japanese-scientists-develop-ultra-thin-teeth-wrap.htm

• Like 1

Michigan town rallies around teen pranked for homecoming

Sept 24, 2012

120924-whitney-kropp-925a.photoblog600.jpgmsnbcmedia

By Sevil Omer, NBC News

"A tiny farming town in Michigan is rallying around a 16-year-old girl who was voted to be on a high school homecoming court as part of a prank. Local businesses are picking up the tab for her special night, while a neighbor started a Facebook support page.

It’s been overwhelming," Bernice Kropp told NBC News on Monday. Her daughter, Whitney Kropp, is at the center of the controversy at West Branch’s Ogemaw Heights High School, north of Saginaw.

Kropp said Whitney was humiliated when she learned Sept. 13 that her selection to the homecoming court had been part of a joke. She said students pointed at her in the hallways and laughed, and the boy who was picked with her withdrew.

"She was getting ridiculed in school and on Facebook," Kropp said.

"But then," Kropp added, "other kids started coming up to her and saying, 'Whitney, don’t let them stop you from going to homecoming. You need to go ahead, you need to do it'."

Kropp said her daughter, a sophomore, had been picked on before at school, but not to the extent of the peer vote that selects popular students to the court, which traditionally names a queen, king and princes and princesses from each class. The high school has about 800 students.

"I thought I wasn't worthy. I was this big old joke," Whitney told The Detroit News."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/24/14070353-michigan-town-rallies-around-teen-pranked-for-homecoming?lite#__utma=238145375.278075091.1347653259.1348488494.1348540915.8&__utmb=238145375.10.9.1348541410276&__utmc=238145375&__utmx=-&__utmz=238145375.1348540915.8.7.utmcsr=nbcnews.com

Bullies never win...this girl is a WINNER....KUDOS to her...

• Like 1

Italy inaugurates first gelato museum

So, if you are planning a trip to Italy, i can suggest to visit the Emilia Romagna territory, forget about the diet and enjoy good food..

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2012/09/27/Italy-inaugurates-first-gelato-museum_7541712.html

ANSA) - Anzola dell'Emilia (Bologna), September 27 &#8211; The first gelato museum in the world was inaugurated Thursday in Anzola dell'Emilia near the Italian city of Bologna.

Visitors will be able to learn about the history of Italian ice cream as they walk through 450 square meters of exhibition space. It would appear ice cream dates back as an invention to Mesapotamia in 1799 A.C., when locals used snow to cool beverages. One of the next references to gelato dates back to when Caterina De' Medici introduced the art of sorbets in France.