The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

A STRICTLY GOOD NEWS THREAD!!

An Elementary School Has Kids Meditate Instead Of Punishing Them and the Results are Profound

John Vibes

Sept. 17, 2016

"Baltimore, MD – It was recently reported that Robert W. Coleman Elementary in West Baltimore will be taking a new and holistic approach to disciplining students. Instead of punishing them or sending them to the principal’s office, administrators will now be sending children to “the mindful moment room” where they will be able to meditate and wind down.

The new policy has been in place for over a year, and in the time that the meditation room has been set up, there has actually been no suspensions throughout the entire year.

The program is an initiative organized by the Holistic Life Foundation, a Baltimore-based nonprofit organization committed to nurturing the wellness of children and adults in underserved communities.

Andres Gonzalez, one of the organizers of the project, says that children are even bringing home what they are learning to their families.

“That’s how you stop the trickle-down effect, when Mom or Pops has a hard day and yells at the kids, and then the kids go to school and yell at their friends,” he says. “We’ve had parents tell us, ‘I came home the other day stressed out, and my daughter said, Hey, Mom, you need to sit down. I need to teach you how to breathe,‘” Gonzalez said."

snip

• Like 6

The Conditioned

Powerful!! Homeless are people too, with lives and stories to tell, with wishes, hopes, and dreams.

• Like 6

Amazing baby! 4-year-old Bella from Moscow easily speaks 7 languages

Almost unbelievable  Sorry  Russian speaking, but you can see she really does speak all the languages. 

Tx Onyx

• Like 8

Finally, some good news!!

Jury finds all Oregon standoff defendants not guilty of federal conspiracy, gun charges

Maxine Bernstein

October 27, 2016

"A federal jury on Thursday found Ammon Bundy, his brother Ryan Bundy and five co-defendants not guilty of conspiring to prevent federal employees from doing their jobs through intimidation, threat or force during the 41-day occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The Bundy brothers and occupiers Jeff Banta and David Fry also were found not guilty of having guns in a federal facility. Kenneth Medenbach was found not guilty of stealing government property, and a hung jury was declared on Ryan Bundy's charge of theft of FBI surveillance cameras.

"More than we could have hoped for,'' said one of Ammon Bundy's lawyers, J. Morgan Philpot.

"Stunning,'' said defense lawyer Lisa Ludwig, who was standby counsel for Ryan Bundy.

"I'm just thrilled,'' said Neil Wampler's attorney Lisa Maxfield.

The jury of nine women and three men returned the verdicts after five hours of deliberations on Thursday in the high-profile case that riveted the state and drew national and international attention to the federal bird sanctuary in rural eastern Oregon."
snip

Bundy brothers, 5 other Malheur wildlife refuge occupiers not guilty of conspiracy, firearm charges
October 27, 2016

However Atty Mumford did not fare so well, nor did LaVoy Finicum, wonder if this opens the door for lawsuits regarding wrongful death on his part?
  • Like 8

This Is What Happens When An Animal Shelter Partners With An Elderly Care Facility…

By Amanda Froelich

November 18, 2016

True Activist    http://tinyurl.com/jblm2hv

When an animal shelter collaborated with an elderly care center, both the kittens and residents benefited immensely.

Credit: Pima Animal Care

When an animal shelter located in Tucson, Arizona, had kittens to care for and not enough staff, it made the unconventional decision to collaborate with an elderly care facility. I Heart Cats relays that Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) and the Catalina Springs Memory Care (“Catalina Springs”) partnered so that senior residents who desire (and require) more interaction and stimulus could care for the tiny, furry creatures.
Says Sharon Mercer, Executive Director of Catalina Springs,
“To some, it may seem peculiar at first: Residents who are in need of around-the-clock care themselves, given the task to care for these young kittens. But there are skills, emotions, and needs that do not just leave a person with Dementia or Alzheimer’s. The desire to give love and receive love remains.”
The program was envisioned and realized by Catalina Springs Health Service Director Rebecca Hamilton, RN. Reportedly, Hamilton is responsible for attending to the elders as well as fostering felines. From personal experience, she knows how much joy can result from caring for animals in need.

Fortunately, the program was deemed to be a success! Both the elderly individuals and the kittens improved from the interaction. The kittens doubled in weight, and the elders reported increased levels of happiness. Said Mercer:
“The kittens have given us the opportunity to nurture this human condition that lies in each and every one of our residents.” 
As was proven by the exchange, a collaboration between an elderly care facility and an animal shelter can benefit all involved. Following are some heart-warming photos of the program in action:

Thanks to programs such as this one, more kittens will have the opportunity to grow up and be adopted by loving families. 

• Like 9

20 Tenn. co-workers to split $420M Powerball jackpot

NASHVILLE — A group of 20 co-workers from an auto parts manufacturing plant in Tennessee claimed the $420.9 million Powerball jackpot Tuesday.

When Steve Huffman's check engine light popped on in his car, he would have been in financial trouble.

However, it's no longer a concern for the 54-year-old Westmoreland, Tenn., resident.

"I don't have to get frantic about that anymore," Huffman chuckled to a group of reporters at the Tennessee Lottery headquarters in Nashville on Tuesday after learning he'd become one of the state's most recent millionaires.

Huffman is one of 20 co-workers from a Portland, Tenn., company who entered an office pool over the weekend and won the Powerball jackpot.

The winners, from 13 different cities in Tennessee and Kentucky, work together at North American Stamping Group where they primarily handle sales and quality control at the auto parts manufacturing plant.

Tennessee Lottery officials said the winning ticket, which matched all six Powerball numbers drawn Saturday, was sold by Smoke Shop Inc. Owner Joyce Gregory in Lafayette, Tenn. — a city of about 5,000 residents that is about 60 miles northeast of Nashville.

"I am really tickled. ... It's really going to help our town," said Gregory, who scored $25,000 just for selling the winning ticket.

Tennessee Lottery President and CEO Rebecca Hargrove said the cash value of the jackpot is worth $254 million which equals just more than $12.7 million for each person before taxes.

snip 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/11/29/tennessee-co-workers-split-powerball-jackpot/94612308/?

• Like 4

This is good news to me.  This little boy got to leave this world safe and unafraid in the arms of Santa.

Reader, link: "Sam Venable: Santa grants a final wish"

Posted By: hobie [Send E-Mail]
Date: Tuesday, 13-Dec-2016 17:31:27

(Thanks, m. :)

(Get out your handkerchiefs, folks. :)

Reader mingo writes:

=====

Hi folks

This is a real tear jerker. Cry a bit and then put on a big smile for the rest of the day!

Sam Venable: Santa grants a final wish
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/entertainment/columnists/sam-venable/2016/12/11/sam-venable-santa-grants-final-wish/95091356/

ALOHA from mingo

Source http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=64308

• Like 2

Mack the Boxer put his life on the line to save his owner’s young daughter from Snake

By Natalie Wolfe

DECEMBER 15, 2016

Source:  news.com.au

5abc7ef4fa2d05231d6268666539de1b

Two-year old Carmen was safe from a tiger snake thanks to Mack the dog putting his life on the line.

AUSTRALIA has had its fair share of wild stories and everyday heroes this year.

From the larrikin who chased a robber down the street in his undies to the man who punched a six foot kangaroo to save his dog, there’s plenty who could be labelled an unofficial Australian of the Year.

If only dogs could be counted because Jo and Leigh Shaw’s four-year-old boxer Mack would be a strong contender.

Hailing from Melbourne, the young family were forced to create a GoFundMe page last week to fund the vet bills for their saviour dog.

Mack’s life hung in the balance last week after he killed a tiger snake which had been hiding less than two metres away from the couple’s two-year-old daughter. The boxer had been bitten a number of times trying to protect young Carmen.

Snip

Link:  http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/pets/mack-the-boxer-put-his-life-on-the-line-to-save-his-owners-young-daughter-from-snake/news-story/93fdc6f47ad62ecefd023458b98e0e0d?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

• Like 4

The Black Musician Who Convinced Countless Klansmen to Quit the KKK

December 23, 2016   |   Carey Wedler

Source:  theantimedia.org

Link:  http://theantimedia.org/black-musician-klansmen-quit-kkk/

As race proves to be an ongoing, paramount issue in American society, one black man is building bridges with the Ku Klux Klan.

Daryl Davis is a veteran musician who has played with legends like Chuck Berry and Little Richard. But over the last several decades, he has made a name for himself for his willingness to initiate dialogue with some of the most characteristically racist people in U.S. history.

He recounts a show he played in 1983, after which a KKK member approached him to compliment his skills, adding that he had “never heard a black pianist play like Jerry Lee Lewis.” To his disbelief, Davis informed him he was a friend of Lewis’.

“Who do you think taught Jerry Lee Lewis to play that way?” Davis remembers telling him. Davis soon learned the klansman had never actually interacted with a black man before. But the man wanted to buy him a drink, and Davis obliged. The klansman told him he wanted to come see him play again.

Davis went on to interview Roger Kelly, the Grand Dragon of the same KKK division as his new friend. After going to his home to interview the KKK leader and ask him why he hated him, the leader surprised him by offering him a business card. “I was thinking, what? I didn’t come here to make friends with the Klan!” Davis said. “I came here to find out, how can you hate me when you don’t know me?”

Nevertheless, Kelly ended up participating in meetings at Davis’ house between white people, black people, and Jews, fostering discussions to engage the klansman in conversation. Kelly even named Davis godfather to his child And ultimately quit the Klan.

Davis is now the subject of a recent documentary that explores his mission to befriend racists while challenging their ideology. Accidental Courtesy: Daryl Davis, Race, & America was featured earlier this year at South by Southwest Film Festival, among others, and has been shown at small theaters. It will air on PBS on February 13.

Davis’ approach is markedly different from the reaction of the American left to racism in the United States. This faction has largely advocated a zero tolerance policy when it comes to racial prejudice, an understandable perspective that unfortunately does little to bridge the divide.

In contrast, Davis, who has attended various KKK rallies over the years, has said:

“The most important thing I learned is that when you are actively learning about someone else you are passively teaching them about yourself. So if you have an adversary with an opposing point of view, give that person a platform. Allow them to air that point of view, regardless of how extreme it may be. And believe me, I’ve heard things so extreme at these rallies they’ll cut you to the bone.”

In spite of the hate he has witnessed, he argues it is a better strategy to give racists a platform:

“You challenge them. But you don’t challenge them rudely or violently. You do it politely and intelligently. And when you do things that way chances are they will reciprocate and give you a platform. So he and I would sit down and listen to one another over a period of time. And the cement that held his ideas together began to get cracks in it. And then it began to crumble. And then it fell apart.”

Indeed, Davis has befriended countless members of the Klan who ultimately resigned, and many of them — including Kelly — have given their regalia to Davis. He says some people question why he keeps these items. As he explains in the trailer for the documentary:

“‘Daryl, why do you have this stuff? Why don’t you burn it?’ As shameful as it is, we don’t burn our history, regardless of the good, the bad, the ugly. And the Ku Klux Klan is as American as apple pie, baseball, and Chevrolet.”

Some outlets have reported that Davis claims he has inspired some 200 klan members to leave the organization, however, Anti-Media reached out to the documentary makers’ public relations agency and was informed the number is unconfirmable and ‘probably more of an estimation.” Nevertheless, it’s evident Davis has made a lasting impact on the lives of countless former klansmen.

He remembers being selected to carry the American flag in a statewide Boy Scout tribute to Paul Revere in 1968. He was the only black scout present. The Atlantic noted:

“When people in the crowd started to hurl bottles, cans, and rocks, he thought to himself, these people must not like the Boy Scouts. In time, he realized that he was the only kid being targeted but he didn’t know why. Upon returning home, his parents explained racism to him for the first time. He couldn’t comprehend that people who knew nothing about him would inflict pain based only on the color of his skin: ‘I literally thought they were lying to me.’“

This early exposure to the senselessness of racism has stayed with Davis throughout his life. He has studied the KKK extensively and says “the best way to put somebody at ease or bring them to a level of trust is to know as much if not more about them than they know about themselves or the organization to which they belong.

“Armed with this knowledge, he presents a fundamental conundrum in the documentary. “How can you hate me when you don’t even know me? Look at me and tell me to my face why you would lynch me,” he says.

His approach is evidently working. As he observes:

“I never set out to convert anybody. In my quest, some of them ended up converting themselves.”

This article (The Black Musician Who Convinced Countless Klansmen to Quit the KKK) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Carey Wedler and theAntiMedia.org. 

• Like 2

I saw part of their show on TV the other night, where they performed in front of a large audience and a groupdignitaries - so amazing, many were brought to tears.

http://saigoneer.com/vietnam-news/8903-video-vietnamese-brothers-set-world-record-for-head-to-head-stair-climbing?campaign=vintagefleamarket

• Like 2

This Old Woman Was Being Harassed By Her Neighbor For Money To Mow Her Yard. But Then This Happened.

Today we did this lady's yard. She was telling us how the man next door was charging her to cut her yard and she could not afford it because she is on a fix income and just came out the hospital. She also said how he harasses her for the payment.

yay_fa25d563be31124c6f0aee46ace931b1.jpg

But she need not worry no more because Raising Men Lawn Care Service will be doing her lawn for FREE just like how we do the rest of the lawns and will get her lawn done every two weeks. She can use the money on things that she really needs like medication.

We are making a difference !

Source:  tickld   http://www.tickld.com/x/tckld/this-old-woman-was-being-harassed-by-her-neighbor-for-money-to-mow-her-yard

• Like 8

The you tube account has been terminated?

Forest Man

A tip of my hat to this man.

National Geographic was stunned when they saw what he created.
Since 1979, Jadav Payeng has single handily planted a forest bigger than Central Park. The dedicated arborist managed to turn an eroding wasteland into a tropical paradise for man and beast alike. 115 elephants, rhino, deer, and tigers call the 550-hectare forest home.
Payeng has a dream to restore his home island of Majuli and neighboring Jorhat with the beautiful forests that once covered them.
Agricultural development and human influence destroyed the natural beauty of his home, but Payeng is doing his part to bring the ecosystem back. He’s a man on a mission and proves that small acts every day can add up to tremendous change over time!

http://damnbored.tv/man-planted-forest-india/

• Like 2

Thank you Foop and Land, the video posted was on that link.  What a story. Dare you to watch without sniffling.

• Like 1

TEXAS TWISTER TAKES PAIR ON WILD RIDE…IN A BATHTUB!

Lily Dane   Jan. 25, 2017

kansastornado

"Deadly storms ravaged the Southern US last weekend, killing at least 19 people.
Stories of survival are also emerging, and one in particular is quite astonishing.
Charlesletta Williams, 75, and her son Rickey Williams said they were watching the local news at around 5.00 pm on Saturday when they saw an urgent warning of a possible tornado – with their home in Smithland, Texas directly in its path – reports KSLA.
They quickly ran to the bathroom to take cover in the tub, and seconds later, they heard the 130 mph winds engulfing the home.
The National Weather Forecast Service filed a storm report on Monday night, and it describes trees being snapped and uprooted, power lines downed, a party barge being thrown 200 yards into a grove of trees.
But perhaps most shocking of all is the blurb about what happened to Charlesletta and Rickey:

A woman inside took shelter in a bathtub and the tornado lifted the tub out of the home and deposited it in the woods with the woman still in the tub but the woman was not injured.

snip  video story

Bathtubs are usually safe place to take cover during a tornado because they are sunken in and tied to the ground through their plumbing. However, Charlesetta said their PVC didn’t stand a chance."

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/texas-twister-takes-pair-on-wild-ride-in-a-bathtub_012017

Amazing and they both survived.

• Like 3

Cop Touches Hearts After Helping Black Teenager (Photos)

September 29, 2016 

by Sheena Vasani

Source:  opposingviews.com

Gaetano Acerra and Cameron Simmons

What started off as a potentially tragic situation turned into a miracle after one South Carolina police officer went beyond the call of duty to help an African American teenage boy.

"He called and was very distraught and very upset," Officer Gaetano Acerra, 24, said, recalling the moment 13-year-old Cameron Simmons entered his life, ABC News reports. "He was threatening to run away and leave the house."

Concerned, Acerra drove out to the meet the boy. When he arrived, he was perplexed to learn the teenager had called 911 not from his home, but a store phone.

"He was so upset," Acerra remembers.

Cameron proceeded to tell Acerra his mother had just disciplined him for using his brother's gaming system without permission -- a minor concern typical for a child.

But it wasn't the small argument that ended up touching Acerra, but what he learned afterwards.

Snip

Link:  http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/when-13-year-old-threatened-run-away-home-cop-paid-him-visit-and-wanted-know-why-he-never?fb=tickld

• Like 4