The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

SEVEN CRAZY HOUSES...WHICH WOULD YOU LIVE IN?

I  agree 100% how did he get those rocks and dirt and building supplies up there anyhoo??  ingenious, imo

• Like 1

Obviously designed for the single person and not a family.  LOL but even so has everything a single person would need for shelter, warmth, storage etc - good idea.

now here is the ultimate house    <<no thanks

Man plans to live in a dumpster for a year  w/video

According to KVUE News in Austin, Texas on Oct. 15, a professor has made plans to live in a dumpster for an entire year.

Jeff Wilson has a doctorate degree in environment science and is a professor at Huston-Tillotson University. He plans to start living in an eight cubic yard dumpster later this year.

http://www.examiner.com/article/man-plans-to-live-a-dumpster-for-one-year

post-5-0-16776100-1382055624_thumb.jpg

OK this isn't crazy, but in a way it is, enjoy!!

At First, I Thought This Was A Top Secret Facility. Then They Opened The Doors And… WHOA.

October 26, 2013

"The zombie apocalypse may never happen, but hey, maybe it’s a good idea to own a house like this just in case. The fortress is virtually indestructible. Thieves, rioters and even an army couldn’t get in once you lock up.

It’s perfect. Especially if you hate socializing."

Nothing is getting in, or getting out, of this house’s complex.

01-Secure.jpg

It was made to withstand any and all attacks.

02-H6yNhiM.jpg

This is just a couple pictures. Please visit the link to get a real surprise.

http://www.viralnova.com/zombie-house/

• Like 2

Those last 2 sets of photos are beautiful and practical against the elements.  Bushfires have already begun again in Australia and I haven't seen any evidence of anyone developing fire-proof housing which should be well and truly underway since the previous devastating ones a couple of years back.  Perhaps those in other parts of the world have taken it up - and these are examples. 

• Like 1

Back at the beginning of this thread somewhere I posted the picture of a round houseboat.  I just loved it, but told everyone in chat that I wish it had a bedroom below the water level so that a person could sleep surrounded by the water and sea life.  So then yesterday, what do I find, but that exact thing, which I will now post here.

New underwater hotel room lets guests sleep with the fishes

c95e00a2-3fe8-4750-aa9c-0809e5f8f33b_Und

(Photo: Jesper Anhed / The Manta Resort)

Now true this is a hotel room, not a house, but still, I love it!!

A new underwater hotel room has opened off the coast of Tanzania for intrepid and adventurous ocean-loving travelers.

At The Manta Resort's underwater room, set off Pemba Island (also known as “the Green Island” in Arabic), guests are dropped off at a self-contained hotel that literally drifts at sea.

They can sunbathe on the top deck of their private island accommodations by day and dine on a water-level lounge deck. By night, they'll dive into the sea to access their hotel room, where they nod off among the fishes and their marine surroundings.

For an ethereal effect, the suite — built four meters (about 13 feet) below the surface — is lit by underwater spotlights that provide a backlit projection of the Indian Ocean’s tropical sanctuary.

snip

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/new-underwater-hotel-room-lets-guests-sleep-with-the-fishes-190809783.html

• Like 4

When the changes are all over and Mother Earth has calmed down-(with no parasites) I want a tree house in the rain forest and a beach house with tunnels of glass that go to different rooms under the sea or a lake that allows me to watch everything around me.

Then I can awake to the birds singing in the rain forest and play with the octopussies--------------all eight of them :yahoo::banana:

• Like 4

:banana: Something like this would do-especially the House Boat, then you could move to different locations.

post-840-0-89161800-1385092431_thumb.jpg

post-840-0-61126500-1385092458_thumb.jpg

post-840-0-85488800-1385092655_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

"By night, they'll dive into the sea to access their hotel room" !!  WTH, I wouldn't be diving into the sea to go to bed Breezy. Why don't they just have a water tight trapdoor through the bottom of main lower floor with a staircase down into it?? Seems a little strange to me, but then again each to their own.  LOL 

• Like 2

LOL Jessica, yes, how about a spiral staircase from dining level to bedroom? Must have an air locked entrance door, but I admit it would be nice to have a couple different options for accessing.

@ triton love the treehouses and the underwater rooms.

• Like 1

:banana:  Although the brown stuff is still hitting the spinny thing and we not out of the woods yet----one of these will do me nicely for now :bump:

post-840-0-78058300-1385173030_thumb.png

post-840-0-04441100-1385173076.jpg

post-840-0-25369300-1385173104_thumb.jpg

post-840-0-31641700-1385173158_thumb.jpg

post-840-0-17295500-1385173229_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I love the geodesic domes- they make perfect abodes; engineered to withstand high winds and water, waves, the new age arks, if you will; they make the perfect, "safe", home structure.

• Like 2

Farmer builds a house for just £150 using materials he found in skips... and the current tenant pays their rent in MILK

A farmer has built a house for just £150 using an ancient building technique and materials he found in skips.
Michael Buck, 59, used only natural materials or unwanted items to build the 'cob house' at the bottom of his garden in the Oxfordshire countryside.
The former art teacher, now a rural smallholder near Oxford, has started renting out the property and his current tenant - a worker on a neighbouring dairy farm - pays for her lodgings in milk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513154/Farmer-builds-house-just-150-using-materials-skips--current-tenant-pays-rent-MILK.html#ixzz2lfkZ0EWT

• Like 6

Here is one for you.  Beautiful, simply beautiful and very unusual. I would live in this one, how about you??

This Is What Happens When A Rich Guy Buys A Water Tower From 1938. It’s Ridiculously Awesome.

December 19, 2013

"So there was a water tower in a small Belgian village that no one paid much attention to. That is, until a businessman decided to convert it into the dream home I had no idea I wanted. The entire exterior was restored to its original state and the inside, well… the photos speak for themselves.

This place is incredible. Not only visually but the high tech features and, most of all, that awesome view."

water_tower_converted_to_house_01.jpg

in daylight

water_tower_converted_to_house_26.jpg

at nighttime    and I will let you go look at the pictures of the inside at the link  enjoy!!

http://www.viralnova.com/epic-water-tower/

• Like 9

The little Tumbleweed house that looks like a caravan mixed with a log cabin...which is what I have been considering painting my littlest caravan. Just not sure if it would be a good seller , but if I was the buyer, that's what I would buy. 

• Like 2