The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

LOVE SONGS LETS HAVE A LITTLE LOVE SHALL WE..

What is love?

You can use so many metaphors to describe love and life.

This one is fantastic. It reaches all of us,,,,I think. In it Kenny Roger uses POKER as the metaphor. A fantastic song if you ask me.

How much are you willing or ready to put on the line?

The more love you put out there the more exposed you are! It is a two edged sword.

At the same time the more love you put out there the more chance you get for some fantastic experiences.

You know breezy, when it comes to songs I have about 1000+ that I think are the single most important one and best in the world.

So I could go on for days and days. I will try to control my self a little and leave this thread with this one.

SHAKIRA.  There is just something about her.  This is the most known songs of all. Almost 500.000.000 views.

Is it just us guys who like how she wiggles? Even though that is a beauty of its own I dont think so. All her songs are just full of love.

Guest goofie

So much love yet so much hate.  RIP Michael, I Love You more  :-*

Lucky Girl!  :P

Love... is the most pure emotion that humans can have...

And when i think to the love for this planet, there is a song that brings me always tears in my eyes: tears of sorrow and compassion for a world that is so beauty, and yet so cruel... but still - A wonderful world !

Love .. the most powerful force in the universe.  I have been recovering, rebuilding, myself these last few months after the end of my 16 yr relationship to the love of my life.  What happens when a train going a 100 miles per hour suddenly and abruptly stops and you didn't see it coming.  I believe everything in this life has a purpose.  It's a journey ... I have realized through all of this my purpose, the great lesson of my life,  in this journey.  It is unconditional love and forgiveness.  It's been a difficult lesson to learn but this is the theme of my life.  My mind would much rather be lashing out, hating, being resentful than surrendering to forgiveness and unconditional love in all humility.

I find this song so beautiful ... 

My guilty secret:  when it comes to love music, I go all mushy over anything from Taylor Swift, Bread or John Denver - but if caught and tortured, I will deny ever having written this.

• Like 2

I adore Andrea Bocelli.

Here's a couple of his songs:

Con Te Partirò

Besame Mucho

I don't know Italian but the message gets through loud and clear anyway :)

added a little history or myth if you like to the tale (see below)

The Gate of Orpheus

Star in your time respected

You couldn't bring the past to life

Slipped through your hands again

Don't look back

And you mourn again

Who from us can feel your pain?

Sing a sweet song

To pass the day

Entrancing even the most harden

Convinced the highest ranking to do your bidding

Let us into the underworld to retrieve your only love

And defy the serpent's curse of death

The magic you possess

The different ways they said you died

I say you died of loneliness

Sad and alone

Sunrise to sunset

You touch a chord with me

Orpheus

A minstrel supreme, but a lonely human being

They never let you have it all in this world

Even you, with the magic of your song

Our lives are bitter sweet

The serpent's seen to that

Orpheus

You live in us all

Styx (River)

by Michael Dawson

The river of which many know its name, without knowing its origin or what it really stood for. A river that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead. Styx it is said winds around Hades (hell or the underworld are other names) nine times. Its name comes from the Greek word stugein which means hate, Styx, the river of hate. This river was so respected by the gods of Greek mythology that they would take life binding oaths just by mentioning its name, as referenced in the story of Bacchus-Ariadne, where Jove "confirms it with the irrevocable oath, attesting the river Styx."

There are five rivers that separate Hades from the world of the living, they are:

1.Acheron - the river of woe;

2.Cocytus - the river of lamentation;

3.Phlegethon - the river of fire;

4.Lethe - the river of forgetfulness;

5.Styx - the river of hate.

It is thought that Charon, the old ferry man who ferries the dead onto the underworld, crosses the river Styx where the dragon tailed dog Cerberus guards, allowing all souls to enter but none to leave. This is a misconception, Charon crosses the river Acheron where also Cerebus stands his eternal guard. Also while on this subject, Charon only takes the souls across that are buried properly with a coin (called an obol) that was placed in their mouths upon burial.

If a god gave his oath upon the river Styx and failed to keep his word, Zeus forced that god to drink from the river itself. The water is said to be so foul that the god would lose his/her voice for nine years. The river is not the subject of any story itself but is mentioned in several. These little pieces give a wonderful view of not only the river but the ancient Greeks view of the underworld. From its Adamantine gates to its separate levels of Tartarus and Erebus onto the Elysian fields.