The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

TORNADOS, TROPICAL STORMS, TYPHOONS, HURRICANES

this was posted on twitter and then on facebook and so many called it fake news, it wasn't and it's telling the story of this horrific storm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-harvey-photo-texas-nursing-home-residents-waist/story?id=49452958

https://twitter.com/DividendsMGR/status/901805509950541825/photo/1

• Like 3

I have so many family and friends in Houston, Bastrop, Austin and surrounding areas.  Been on FB and phone all weekend.  It's just horrific.  Fortunately, and miraculously, all are doing well.  My sister and her husband live off a tributary of Buffalo Bayou and they started releasing water from the close reservoir since 2 AM this morning.  The water was rising and they just lost power, but so far so good.  Here's a pic from their home.  Before and after

before

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

this is how high it got in 2015

Image may contain: 1 person, plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Beyond the deck is the tributary which is about 70-100 feet wide to other side.  It's about 35 feet deep.

Image may contain: plant, table, tree and outdoor

After - this is the side of the deck

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor, nature and water

• Like 7

Hurricane Harvey Sets New Record for Tropical Storm Rainfall

Harvey has set yet another U.S. record for rainfall from a tropical system.

A preliminary report from a rain gauge on the Cedar Bayou, east of Highlands, Texas, reported 51.88 inches of rain as of 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.

Earlier in the day, a weather station southeast of Houston at Mary's Creek at Winding Road, reported 49.32 inches of rain, the weather service said.

Both reports break the previous continental U.S. record of 48 inches set in 1978 in Medina, Texas, by Tropical Storm Amelia.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Hurricane-Harvey-Sets-Record-for-Tropical-Storm-Rainfall-442148193.html

• Like 4

Harvey floodwaters overflow Houston reservoir, separate levee breach reported

Overflow from Houston reservoir forces families to evacuate

An already-swollen reservoir west of downtown Houston overtopped its spillway Tuesday, sending an "uncontrolled release" of Harvey's floodwaters into nearby neighborhoods that may be underwater for "weeks," as a separate levee breach south of the city prompted an urgent warning for residents to leave immediately.

Floodwaters in the the Addicks Reservoir, located about 19 miles west of downtown, went over the top of the 108-foot spillway for the first time in history, threatening immediate surrounding subdivisions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/29/harvey-floodwaters-put-houston-reservoirs-in-uncharted-territory.html

• Like 2

Harvey floodwaters overflow Houston reservoir, separate levee breach reported

Overflow from Houston reservoir forces families to evacuate

An already-swollen reservoir west of downtown Houston overtopped its spillway Tuesday, sending an "uncontrolled release" of Harvey's floodwaters into nearby neighborhoods that may be underwater for "weeks," as a separate levee breach south of the city prompted an urgent warning for residents to leave immediately.

Floodwaters in the the Addicks Reservoir, located about 19 miles west of downtown, went over the top of the 108-foot spillway for the first time in history, threatening immediate surrounding subdivisions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/29/harvey-floodwaters-put-houston-reservoirs-in-uncharted-territory.html

• Like 3

I'm wondering if the recent chlorine gas cloud in Britain is part of a weather wars campaign.

I had a dream a few days ago of Paris being flooded. I hope not.

My best wishes and heartfelt sympathy go to all the people on Chani and the US affected by this disaster.

• Like 6

South Asia floods kill 1,200 and shut 1.8 million children out of school

Hundreds dead in India, Nepal and Bangladesh, while millions have been forced from their homes and 18,000 schools shut down across the region

Thursday 31 August 2017

Source:  theguardian.com

Link:  https:///www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/30/mumbai-paralysed-by-floods-as-india-and-region-hit-by-worst-monsoon-rains-in-years

Heavy monsoon rains have brought Mumbai to a halt for a second day as the worst floods to strike south Asia in years continued to exact a deadly toll.

More than 1,200 people have died across India, Bangladesh and Nepal as a result of flooding, with 40 million affected by the devastation. At least six people, including two toddlers, were among the victims in and around India’s financial capital.

The devastating floods have also destroyed or damaged 18,000 schools, meaning that about 1.8 million children cannot go to classes, Save the Children warned on Thursday.

The charity said that hundreds of thousands of children could fall permanently out of the school system if education was not prioritised in relief efforts.

Snip

• Like 5

NEW - Tropical Update: Models show BIG CAT 5 to form in Atlantic - East Coast Heading

Let's hope this does not happen! I know I've heard Florida and one of the Carolina's already have flooding.

• Like 5

✅ 8/312 In other States the National Guard saves you, in Texas We save the National Guard #DNN

I thought you might get a kick out of this, and see how Americans can and do work together and help each other out.  So many horror stories from Texas, it makes a person sick, but this one made me smile, maybe it will you too.  

Another update  Irma - Jose

Update: *Tropics*/"Fire in the Sky"/Geomagnetic Storm/Sun Spots

There is all sorts of proof of engineered storms/weather, world wide. In 1993, the WTC was attacked the first time, in 2001 it was attacked the second  time and destroyed.  NYC is the financial center of this country, and it survived both attacks.  Look where Irma is poised on Sept.9th.,  still a couple days out as a Cat 5.  Would NYC survive a hit by this storm? I feel this baby deserves close scrutiny.  I hope it swings out to sea.   Please keep your eyes open and get out if you need too.

• Like 7

Tropical Update: Towering waves predicted near eye of Hurricane Irma!

I really hope people are paying attention to Irma. It's still early in the situation, but it's not to early to prepare if you need too. 

• Like 6

Engineered Climate Cataclysm: Hurricane Harvey ( Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org )

Now thinking about Irma and then Jose............

• Like 4

In the article below they say Irma is approaching 186mph , looking at the graph below we can surmise if this scale was edited to add a catagory 6 , we would already be there with this storm at 29 mph past the cat 5 threshold , just something to think about 

https://www.rt.com/usa/402118-hurricane-irma-noaa-satellite-footage/

edit to add , seems this has been addressed 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hurricane-category-saffir-simpson-1.4275997

Why even a record-breaking hurricane can't hit Category 6

'Once you say catastrophic and there's near complete damage, why do you need a 6?'

image.png

• Like 6

Prime Minister of Barbuda & Antigua After Hurricane Irma: Island is ‘Literally Rubble,’ ‘Barely Habitable’ 

Hurricane Irma has left Barbuda and Antigua devastated. Prime Minister Gaston Browne of Antigua and Barbuda revealed to ABS TV/Radio Antigua that “Barbuda is literally rubble.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/prime-minister-barbuda-antigua-hurricane-irma-island-literally-rubble-barely-habitable-video/

• Like 4

Hurricane Irma bodycount to rise as Tsunami-height 20ft waves hit Turks in HOURS

HURRICANE Irma will bring a catastrophic TSUNAMI to the British territory Turks and Caicos and the Bahamas in hours with 20 foot waves hitting Nassau and the entire east of the islands later tonight.

The tiny group of islands and bigger neighbour Bahamas face the most brutal assault from Hurricane Irma so far from super powerful 20 foot high waves.

So far the islands struck by Irma, including Antigua and Barbuda, St Barts and St Kitts, have faced catastrophic damage from hyper-powerful winds – but wave damage has been relatively light as waves have only measured four to six feet. 

But as Hurricane Irma veers slightly east, and strengthens ever more thanks to extra atmospheric moisture and warmer oceans, Bahamas and Turks and Caicos face severe wave damage.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/851277/Hurricane-Irma-track-latest-Bahamas-Turks-and-Caicos

Irma.PNG

• Like 5

In half a day, it will be only the third time in recorded hurricane history (because I imagine that in times long past, it has happened before) that two Cat. 4 hurricanes will be in the Atlantic at the same time. Jose is on his way. The last I heard, it was headed for Barbuda to destroy whatever is left after Irma. ???

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 6.25.31 PM.png

• Like 3

3rd edit: Alas, it looks like some roadways had contra flow. I still say the Turnpike should have had it. Maybe I95 wouldn't have gotten like the picture below if alternate routes also had it. I obviously don't know the whole story, but think evacuation planning should be reevaluated.

IMG_2826.PNG

2nd edit: On Friday before Irma arrives, I've just seen overhead photos of the traffic showing that they indeed do not have contra flow lanes opening the southbound lanes for northbound evacuation traffic. In any event, this portion of the road does not. And I have seen no reports about contra flow. What are they thinking? So my rant below stands.

IMG_2823.PNG

1st edit to say: OK. Someone finally answered my question and said that FL does do reverse lanes. So, read my missive below with that in mind. My ponderings still stand as I still believe that there is more work to be done in terms of mass evacuation plans. If such things are not possible, then query whether so many people should be living in areas that turn into death traps at the first sign of enormous hazards.

It's a little nerve-wracking to see #wxtwitter -- that is the weather twitter folks, who are a lot of meteorologists and weather scientists -- starting to lose their sh*t over this storm. Part of it is they are stressed from the knock-on storms, first Harvey, then Irma, with Jose now approaching. Also, Katia is seeming to not be following what they were originally forecasting in the Gulf. Some of them are actually in Florida. And the rest have just never seen data and a storm like this. 

On another post, I said the general vibe is a lot of compassion building. But, no doubt, there is a lot of anxiety, angst, fear as well. 

I don't want to be critical at a time like this. But..I feel safe sharing this with you guys. I'm having trouble understanding why a state like Florida, given it's propensity towards hurricanes and its shape as a peninsula, does not have a better tactical plan for people to get out of the state in a weather emergency. I remember when I left Florida from living in Miami, it is a loooonng way before you get off of the peninsula. I can't remember exactly, maybe about 5.5 to six hours, depending on which of the two interstates you take. And most people are probably taking the more westerly one instead of I95 to stay away from the coast.

My question is why do they not have in place a reverse traffic pattern that automatically kicks into place when the governor orders evacuations? Wouldn't you think that, strategically, that would be something that would already be in place? And maybe a system to make sure people have enough fuel to get out of the state. I'm almost certain they do not have a reverse traffic pattern in place. And I saw a woman saying she can't get plane tickets, bus tickets or train tickets. And a lot of people are afraid they will be stranded on the highway when they run out of gas sitting in traffic.

Couldn't they also have an emergency train set-up to get people off of the peninsula?

Say what you want about Nikki Haley, but I am still impressed by her evacuation planning last year for hurricane Matthew in South Carolina. I sound like a broken record about it (for those who remember records :-)). South Carolina has a reverse traffic pattern plan on certain roadways (and not just the interstates) that lead away from the coast. The signs are up year-round indicating which routes have this. The officials practice before hurricane season how to shut down the lanes and block them off and where to put any convenience points (because once you get onto one of these reverse things, there is no exiting until the point far away from the coast, about 70-90 or so miles I think). She ordered evacuations several days before the storm was to hit and recommended certain time slots for each identified evacuation area to stagger the times that people would hit the roads. The reverse lanes were open for days leading up to the storm. She also had school buses from around the state travel to the coasts to drive people to shelters upstate and inland if they did not have transportation themselves. Though if, if I recall, many of the buses went unused. And she had shelters set up and available upstate, inland and near the coasts for those who did not have family, friends or hotels to lodge with. That's not to say that there were not people who remained who still needed to be rescued. But the people who wanted to get out had a relatively smooth path ahead of them. And her communications were on point, at scheduled times throughout each day to keep people updated. Most people in the state congratulated her and her team for their efforts since there was very minimal loss of life.

It just seems like that's the sort of planning these governments should be doing with people's tax dollars. Why has Florida not done this?

I'm just tired of people saying there is no way to evacuate 25 million people. OK, it will be difficult, but it is not impossible with some well-thought out planning well in advance. The more I think about it, the more inexcusable it is. I guess people became complacent with the lack of storms "because of global warming" which is now huge storms "because climate change." But, yeah, at the 11th hour and with no valid plan, it is impossible to evacuate that many people.

OK, thanks for letting me vent here!

• Like 5

@kandescent   you go girl, just because anyone might need reverse lanes only once in 12 years, doesn't mean they shouldn't be in place! Here in my county in Wa. state, tsunami evacuation roads are windy, curvy, 2 lanes, that run parallel with the water! So anyone caught on those roads in a tsunami, is going swimming.  What a nightmare!  

Hurricane Irma Manipulation: Objectives And Agendas ( Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org )

• Like 2