The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
Guest Anomalie

GALLERY Weird, Wonderful and Scary Cloud Shapes

Guest Anomalie

As a child growing up, during the lazy days of summer, I would sit under our cherry trees and watch the clouds drift by, trying to see the different shapes that I could pick out.....well, ok some of my interpretations were just a little far out! Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing some of the shapes that are in the following pictures at the link provided! You will be amazed at these photos....please check them out!

And by the way Celtec, there's even one for you......

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/iwitness-weather/gallery/gallery-weird-wonderful-and-scary-cloud-shapes/29598.html

Guest Hechita

That was wonderful Anomalie!

Avid cloud watcher, myself. Few make me run for the camera, but this one did...

[/img]

post-0-13759093718903_thumb.jpg

Wow those are wonderful...

Thanks ladies...

I see those things in the clouds too but never think to grab a camera...

Cz

8)

And then did you go out and make clouds disappear oldman?  It is possible you know, you just have to believe...I did...and I've heard the trick is to bring them back after you make them disappear....fabulous fablulous book....breezy..

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/b/2/3599/3599084_richard_bach__illusions__the_adventures_of_a_reluctant_messiah.pdf

• Like 1

K posted this on the B site. Is very cool too. Jellies in the sky.

http://youtu.be/EFjnENTr6i0

And those my friend are an excellent example of Virga clouds. Saw a bunch of those today...quite breathtaking if you ask me.

Hmm, now that IS very interesting. I can only assume that the shadow from the cloud was projected on 2 separate very thin layers of mist below the cloud giving the illusion that it was above it..... OR the mist was actually 2 layers of very thin cirrus like clouds above it and the shadows were created by its reflection shining up from a large body of water......either way im stumped...nice find!

That was wonderful Anomalie!

Avid cloud watcher, myself. Few make me run for the camera, but this one did...

[/img]

That's a fine example of what are called Mammatus clouds...very nice to see but a bit unsettling lol

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/guides/mtr/cld/cldtyp/oth/mm.rxml

Korvex....those Mammatus clouds are really amazing...thanks for the link!

Any time....I'm a huge fan of clouds and extreme weather in general.  Give me a little while (gotta get the kid to sleep)  ;) and I'll post a bunch of my favorite photo's and video's of crazy clouds and weather.

Nice pics, Korvex. I love clouds and have taken so many pics of them. I've gotten some good ones out of plane/helicopter windows, too. Some of my favorites are beach cloud formations at sunset, that look like an alternate reality.

How about these that appeared outside Birmingham, Alabama on the 16th of this month?

http://www.jamesspann.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/391139_2918251274561_1209120624_3281026_1332173720_n-600x448.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder about the phrase,....."Roll Tide",...doesn't it? (And to think I'm an avid Auburn fan!!!) Maybe God is getting ready to "Roll the Tide",....yeah that's it!!!!  (War Eagle!!!!)

Great thread!

For some reason I always find myself taking pictures of strange clouds:

post-1281-13759094283065_thumb.jpg

post-1281-13759094284389_thumb.jpg

post-1281-13759094286412_thumb.jpg

post-1281-13759094287246_thumb.jpg

asperatus_priester_960.jpg

Asperatus Clouds Over New Zealand

Image Credit & Copyright: Witta Priester

Explanation: What kind of clouds are these? Although their cause is presently unknown, such unusual atmospheric structures, as menacing as they might seem, do not appear to be harbingers of meteorological doom. Known informally as Undulatus asperatus clouds, they can be stunning in appearance, unusual in occurrence, are relatively unstudied, and have even been suggested as a new type of cloud. Whereas most low cloud decks are flat bottomed, asperatus clouds appear to have significant vertical structure underneath. Speculation therefore holds that asperatus clouds might be related to lenticular clouds that form near mountains, or mammatus clouds associated with thunderstorms, or perhaps a foehn wind -- a type of dry downward wind that flows off mountains. Such a wind called the Canterbury arch streams toward the east coast of New Zealand's South Island. The above image, taken above Hanmer Springs in Canterbury, New Zealand, in 2005, shows great detail partly because sunlight illuminates the undulating clouds from the side.