The CHANI Project Conspiracy Forum
breezy

ANTARCTICA---WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON DOWN THERE????

Scientists discover 'disturbing' cavity roughly two-thirds the size of Manhattan beneath Antarctica

By ELLA TORRES JAN 31, 2019 | 1:00 PM

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-nasa-thwaites-glacier-hole-growing-20190131-story.html

"A massive cavity that is two-thirds the size of Manhattan and nearly the height of the Chrysler Building is growing at the bottom of one of the world’s most dangerous glaciers — a discovery that NASA scientists called “disturbing.”

The hole, which is almost 1,000 feet tall, was seen during the space agency’s study of the disintegrating Thwaites Glacier in West Antarctica, NASA said Wednesday. It’s big enough to contain 14 billion tons of ice, most of which has melted over the last three years."

Fall 2018 IceBridge DC-8 Flight Plans 3 October 2018 Draft

https://icebridge.gsfc.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/flightplans_20181003.pdf

• Like 2

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190201133102.htm

I'm no scientist, but this one glacier collapsing could cause a 2 ft rise = 6 feet, worldwide?  worldwide?  I could see that, maybe,  if all the ice on Antarctica melted, but not just one glacier.  Lots of coastlines in this world, seems a tad impossible to me.

• Like 4

On 2/7/2019 at 3:46 AM, breezy said:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190201133102.htm

I'm no scientist, but this one glacier collapsing could cause a 2 ft rise = 6 feet, worldwide?  worldwide?  I could see that, maybe,  if all the ice on Antarctica melted, but not just one glacier.  Lots of coastlines in this world, seems a tad impossible to me.

THe land masses are about  times the weight of water, so any additional water will cause most of the land masses to rise - maybe not the full amount, but enough so as to not cause as much predicted flooding..

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, EagleWings said:

THe land masses are about  times the weight of water, so any additional water will cause most of the land masses to rise - maybe not the full amount, but enough so as to not cause as much predicted flooding..

Thanks for sharing your knowledge EW.

Your knowledge does not fit with the global warming agenda taught in schools that ice melting will lead to land masses under the ocean.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PANX said:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge EW.

Your knowledge does not fit with the global warming agenda taught in schools that ice melting will lead to land masses under the ocean.

I know, but for climate change - look at all their graphs, which show straight lines, then read history - always hot and cold periods..

But the BIG thing - see who has made $$$$$$$ from climate change !!!!!

• Like 5

Also I had heard that Kiribati actually ROSE out of water instead of what the UN people were saying that the island was going to be sunken under water because of the global warming and ice melting.

That fact itself already gives out few stuff we need to look into methinks:

1) Is the ocean floor rising to cause the island to rise above water?

How far actual water rose over the past years?

How much the land rose in geophysical manner?

What's the difference happening on the GAP went up and down over the past years?

2) Did the Plate movements happened on the location of island?

Which direction the land is shifting to and how far per year?

.....etc etc...

Earth is wiggling and expanding, and we are seeing loads of places the lands are stretched out, and big EQs are happening "naturally" as we expected from the aftermath of 311 EQs. Recoiling energy inside Earth is doing that and apparently continues to do so for hundreds and thousands of years.

We saw huge cracks are appearing on lands, hellish sinkholes appearing in numerous places around the world,  ....we can tell something is happening, that's for sure, methinks. 

• Like 2

I forgot to add an important aspect in my last post.

The ground breaking up underwater will SUCK DOWN water in huge volume. So water maybe rising but Earth cracking may lower the rise.

So we never know, but we may end up with only minute water level change.....

• Like 3