Followers 0
breezy

upgrade
HEADS UP CHANI

54 posts in this topic

testing something

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Meets+Angel

Barack+Obama+President+Obama+Meets+Angel

@unity and all I'm going to attempt to explain something.  The old version had MB/kb sizes for images, etc. this version uses pixels, which is a whole new can of worms for me. You should be able to see that I have been playing around with sizes of youtube videos, to get the right size, and finally seem to have gotten that just about right.  However a new ability was discovered accidentally by Landdownunder last nIght.  

Large image? No worry! Copy Image, paste in reply box, then LEFT mouse click twice on that picture, and a pop up will appear, that will allow reduction of the image size, and as I reduced the width of the picture it automatically reduced the height, then I clicked on upload, Viola, it has now become a thumbnail, and is good to go.  The bottom picture above is the original, it's size was 600 x 400 px  I reduced it to 320 x 215 px to get the top picture, which is the thumbnail version. Clicking on it will bring you the original size picture.  No more need for screen shots, or snipping.  The bottom picture I attempted to resize by height instead of width, no go, you will always resize via width and AFTER you have actually posted, you will be able to click on the picture and it will go to it's original size.  (I reduced the bottom picture from 475 x 480 px  to 320 x 324 px).  Enjoy!!  Enjoy!!

Image result for pyramid images

8 people like this

On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 9:40 PM, kandescent said:

For those who want to see new posts.

You can open your menu:

IMG_2370.JPG

Then choose "activity"

IMG_2372.JPG

You can choose any of the presets, or....

IMG_2373.PNG

...make your own custom stream, which you  can do by clicking on "My Activity Streams." I named my custom stream "Show Me" and gave it personalized settings, including showing posts from a certain period of time.

IMG_2374.PNG

Happy to help if you have questions. Though I'm just figuring things out by playing with it.

You guys ( gals) are genius....

5 people like this

I set up my own stream, but find it harder to get back there to than simply just putting the mouse over Activity and then clicking on Unread Content (in middle or third from left).

I initially marked as read everything that was in there that was older and now when I go back in there is only recent stuff and once I have read all that it is empty until the next post.

Once inside the first unread topic, there is often a redirection down the bottom right to the Next Unread Article, which I click if its there to take me straight to the next unread post or if its not showing I just click Unread Content (also down the right side bottom of the page) and that takes me straight back to the Unread Content list to choose the next thread myself for reading or to see that it is empty and there are no more new posts.

4 people like this

22 hours ago, breezy said:

@unity and all I'm going to attempt to explain something.  The old version had MB/kb sizes for images, etc. this version uses pixels, which is a whole new can of worms for me. You should be able to see that I have been playing around with sizes of youtube videos, to get the right size, and finally seem to have gotten that just about right.  However a new ability was discovered accidentally by Landdownunder last nIght.  

Large image? No worry! Copy Image, paste in reply box, then LEFT mouse click twice on that picture, and a pop up will appear, that will allow reduction of the image size, and as I reduced the width of the picture it automatically reduced the height, then I clicked on upload, Viola, it has now become a thumbnail, and is good to go.  The bottom picture above is the original, it's size was 600 x 400 px  I reduced it to 320 x 215 px to get the top picture, which is the thumbnail version. Clicking on it will bring you the original size picture.  No more need for screen shots, or snipping.  The bottom picture I attempted to resize by height instead of width, no go, you will always resize via width and AFTER you have actually posted, you will be able to click on the picture and it will go to it's original size.  (I reduced the bottom picture from 475 x 480 px  to 320 x 324 px).  Enjoy!!  Enjoy!!

WOOOO000000ooooooooW!!!!!

Thank you mega heaps for tracking that ability, landy and breezy!!!!( ゜∇゜)Y⌒Y⌒Y⌒Y⌒Y⌒Y⌒Y(。△。 )(ノ*'ω'*)ノ~~~~♥) ◜◡‾)

You are not gonna believe how much I got excited to find out the feature!! (≧ω≦)( *^^)o∀*∀o(^^* )

And yeah this framework of new home actually got heck a lot more of little helps that can aid us.

Only just discovering them as I go, so the big picture is still dark for me. But this really was an act of UPGRADING, very worthwhile change, methinks.

Sorry I probably keeps on bumping into some issues anyhow, I'd probably have to keep on asking more questions but I'm so glad to have you and everyone else at CHANI....I'm sure we will figure it all out somehow!╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ 

2 people like this