Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breezy

upgrade
HEADS UP CHANI

54 posts in this topic

Hi Chaniites:

We have targeted tomorrow, Monday, October 31, 2016, CHANI for an upgrade to the newest version that our host IPB, has to offer. It is a massive upgrade, and I don't know how long it may take.  IF, at some point, you cannot access CHANI, for awhile, PLEASE DON'T PANIC.

When all is said and done, I firmly believe it will be easier for everyone to navigate. There really is no choice, as this current version has been totally revamped. 

Between the IPB magicians, and our very own member, and Reddwolf's son, iceberg, we should be fine.  I can't Thank him enough for coming when I call, and being so helpful.

Onward and upward.  Wishing all a great experience with the new version of CHANI IPB.  I have this feeling that Acolyte is near.  Cheers to you, my friend! and to all Chaniites, my best!  breezy

ps: I now understand A's apprehension at times like this, so any good vibes you might have laying around, please send them my way just for good measure. LOL

25 people like this

Good vibes your way Breezy, RW and Ice'. Thanks for all your efforts and hard work.

Makes me laugh, I turn to my son for any tech help too!! ... "you did what?!! - oh Dad, just leave that stuff to me".

:)

11 people like this

Who needs good vibes when you have Iceberg, it will be all smooth sailing  :wink:

LOL Jammer, yes they eventually come in handy don't they, and definitely good that they know what their doing.   :lol:

7 people like this

BreezY , my mind sets on how these things must have a monetary cost please tell us if you need us for any donations, I am addicted to chani, safety in numbers, love you all

8 people like this

is this 3d to 5d kinda upgrade? will we still have body? will I die? will I talk to aliens ?

6 people like this

Thank you so much breezy and everyone who have been helping CHANI upgrade!!

Hope everything goes all easy and fine for you and us!!╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ 

Sending good vibes to your way!─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

(ノ*'ω'*)ノ~~~~♥) ◜◡‾)

7 people like this

Hi all:

Just so you know, it is going to take a while for all things to propagate.  Lots to get working again, it will take some time.  Nice to see you in any case.  

8 people like this

OMG, what is that Washington State woman doing to us  ..... :-

Let's use some Spiritual Blow-jobs to chase them away

vlcsnap-2014-10-07-16h38m39s84.png

8 people like this

Thank You Shawn.  We are ok at this point.  

Another little note, the more each one of us surfs the site, the faster it will propagate all the info. How busy the site is, affects how fast it brings all of the info back. 

6 people like this

I will give it a bit to see if the mobile format (ios) improves. Though I'm impressed with myself that I can read long strings of vertical text. : -)

IMG_2364.PNG

IMG_2365.PNG

I do like the photo attachment function.

9 people like this

WOW, so new for my untechnical brain, thanks Breezy.  However, I figured it out last time Aco had to change the site so I am sure persistence will pay off.  I presume as we use and build the most recent threads will all come back up.  Will we get Shout box at the top back?

6 people like this

I know I should not laugh kande, so I hope you'll forgive me if I did?  Your post really caught me off guard, and gave me a tickle. Just  one question, is reading like that going to help with your Asian language studies? 

Yes, use is one of the things that enhances the repopulation.  I'm sure we will find little quirks, I hope not in excess though. Yes the shout box will come back, as will other things, but the basic upgrade was absolutely necessary at this time, a bit of time now is required for all the rest of the added features, and yes, I hate change, but technology stands still for no one, as we all know. If anyone has a problem that does not eventually right itself, please make note of it on this thread, or send me a PM.

5 people like this

Hahaha, breezy. Kein problem if you laugh. It's rather funny. And laughter is awesome and healing. Not sure it will help with Asian languages, but may be excellent for boosting brain function! 

Fortunately, things are spelled correctly. I suspect it would be much more difficult if not. It's almost like those puzzles phillip posts.

I have seen another thread that wasn't like this. But this thread is set on vertical. Funneling through another  dimension perhaps?

I'm not hoping this rights itself. I'd rather it left to right itself. : -)

3 people like this

Ohhhhhhhhh finally I could pop in to this thread!

Still slowly sussing the new format out...:ph34r: Glad our familiar face icons are here with us, too.

THANK YOU to all peeps who helped the house shift of CHANI!!! Awesoooooooome!!!(∩´∀`)∩

2 people like this

I'm wondering if there is a function in the new software to adjust the responsiveness settings to change how the board appears on mobile devices. If I turn my phone to landscape view, it eliminates the vertical text. But then it still seems like the name and avatar field takes up a lot of space. I know that responsive platforms set the viewing format. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

IMG_2366.PNG

1 person likes this

it's all so different. is the upgrade still ongoing?

1 person likes this

Ooohhhh. And, like majik, things look so much better. :-*

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Chani gods and goddesses!

I do like the new functioning on this new platform, particularly from mobile device. 8)IMG_2367.PNG

@Foop, it looks like things are still rendering and also being tweaked.

4 people like this

You guys would laugh your butts off if you could see me, you think you're confused? LOL  kande  I changed some settings, nice to see it helped.. 

One thing for all to note, in case you know of someone not getting in.  Everyone will have to sign in using their DISPLAY name. The name they use to post on the forum with, in other words.  You will all have to redo your friends list also.  They changed to followers and advised not to convert.

Foop and all, yes this is going to be ongoing for a bit, I hope not long. I will do my best.

9 people like this

Ok--- this is my first reply to anything on the new format---------I know its gona take a while Breezy--thanks--but its so bloody confusing to not be able to see new posts--I only just found this thread-- so I can have a winge---Ozzy slang for bitching----so I've read what you have said--and am now gona sit back and be patient--on home page it says that a member has made a new post today(example)---it takes ages to load--and then there are no new posts??:(----------gona try a few things to see if they post---

alien and monkey=homo sapien sapien.jpg

6 people like this

For those who want to see new posts.

You can open your menu:

IMG_2370.JPG

Then choose "activity"

IMG_2372.JPG

You can choose any of the presets, or....

IMG_2373.PNG

...make your own custom stream, which you  can do by clicking on "My Activity Streams." I named my custom stream "Show Me" and gave it personalized settings, including showing posts from a certain period of time.

IMG_2374.PNG

Happy to help if you have questions. Though I'm just figuring things out by playing with it.

9 people like this

@kande.....you go girl!!  :-*

@triton  I send you a big hug and ask you to avoid the homepage for the time being, so as to alleviate those winges, ok? :hug: Just so you know, you did clue me in on something though, so Thank You!

7 people like this

Thanks for the hugs Breez------------a---n---d---we have no log out button ?---I now just go straight to all activity--seems to do the twick :)

Notifacations is now working too---coz I got likes ;D

6 people like this

48 minutes ago, triton said:

---------a---n---d---we have no log out button ?- 

You should find it somewhere when you click on the three bars menu icon. On my phone, it's at the very top. It says "Sign Out." It may have a different location on desktop, but likely still under the menu.

2 people like this