LoneStarr Apophenius

BREXIT

97 posts in this topic

I didn't stay up late last night to view the results but woke up to the news of Britain leaving the EU.

Somewhere on the net somebody suggested days ago that the fix was in for BREXIT as the bookies were boosting the odds for REMAIN due to unusually large bets in it's favour. Apparently Soros was to be responsible for this manipulation as he himself was placing short bets on BREXIT while betting money on REMAIN and transfering assets into gold.

I only found this mentioned in one place but would like to know if there are other mentions of this kind of premonition. I haven't really been bothered with the whole affair, beleiving the elite would fix the vote as always with a few incremetal percentage points in their favour, but now that the cat is out of the bag I'm waiting for other dominoes to fall. Does anyone know of other bets placed?

EDIT---I suspect this has already been discussed in other threads but beleive this subject deserves a thread of it's own for later reference.

post-5-0-64276900-1466812264_thumb.jpg

14 people like this

"The Brexit vote is clearly the most massive anti-establishment groundswell in decades. We can thank the Brits for having a stiffer upper lip than the Greeks when it comes to risking the pain that will come from this life-changing, nation-changing international divorce. And, of course, there will be pain and lots of it from such a major but vital course correction, just as there will be a lot of pain when the entire global economy meets its inevitable collapse."

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2016/06/brexit-brits-lead-anti-establishment-rebellion-in-european-departure.html#more-58847E

EDIT to fix link

15 people like this

well with a lower pound they will find it makes it easier to export... plus there fishermen will be able to take to the seas again which means there markets will start functioning and employing again. The farmers will be free to grow produce for human consumption instead of animal feed for the EU meat industry and god forbid dare I say it they may even start a small industrial industry of there own. 

As for immigration its quite simple bring in the visa system for anyone other than British Subjects, charge a fee, employ some staff and have the ability to actually know the true numbers.. Its an opportunity for the young to muck in and have a go. 

Its bad for those that are connected to the Brussels gravy bucket, no more guaranteed sales, negotiation is back on the table, so they have to work for there money competitively 

Plus for the 27 countries in the EU possibly just possibly the shadow men in Brussels may begin to realise democracy may well be the way they will survive and even become stronger. But the small group won't let go easily... fun times.

As for Britain the people (the low income MAJORITY) they were already doing it tough so the EU was already giving them nothing substantial except cow beans and fields of rape seed...... what did they expect.

Yep this is an opportunity but it will take a bit of English grit to get the wheels moving after being buried in mud for so long. 

16 people like this

This is the first time I have posted so hope I don't sound like a rambling nutter but I am wondering if Germany has set this up - last year by allowing the refugees in to Europe , creating tension and mobilising indifferent voters to make a stance and vote to leave the EU. I'm just not sure what their plans are but watch Germany.

17 people like this

The truth is in the ramblings, and the nutters seem to have won the vote in UK, so don't be afraid to have your say, shiningstar34.

As discussed in this thread http://chani.invisionzone.com/topic/8045-current-refugee-situation-what-are-you-seeing/?hl=refugeesthe refugee situation in Europe might very well have been engineered, and Merckel sure was a big proponent of the movement (pun intended). It is said that WWIII is on the peoples of the world fighting internally amongst themselves, and as such BREXIT fits the shoe, and might even show the way - or at least what's to come - for nation states around the world, and in the Old World in particular.

Germany is surely to be kept an eye upon.

11 people like this

Word on the ground is that in Northern Ireland there are queues at post offices across the country of people applying for Irish passports (since NI people have a choice of British and Irish passports).

13 people like this

Seems everyone is embracing the doom and gloom and no one is looking for the positives, just proves who are the deeply  connected and money feeders from Brussels. Notice they are all politicians. The Scots had there choice to leave the UK and they decided to stay while it suited them, now the worry about money flow is being pushed the EU rapers are pushing them to leave again, when will they realise they CAN be in control of selling their products such as North Sea oil and gas to the highest bidder instead of taking what they are told to except.... 

No the bucket swiller's are the squealers, time to get off your arses and start to grow your reputations again, the world has become fat and lazy sheep when they are capable of so much more than bureaucratic slavery.

11 people like this

World’s 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion on Brexit: Chart

The world’s 400 richest people lost $127.4 billion Friday as global equity markets reeled from the news that British voters elected to leave the European Union. The billionaires lost 3.2 percent of their total net worth, bringing the combined sum to $3.9 trillion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-24/world-s-400-richest-people-lose-127-billion-on-brexit-chart

10 people like this

I read this earlier today.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/soros-looks-set-to-make-a-killing-on-brexit-result-2016-06-24

I voted out by postal vote the day it arrived.

Our household doesn't have a TV by choice.

My reasoning for my decision was change but today we woke to scare mongering. Cameron resigning had more effect on the stock market than just the exit. A wide spectrum of remain not accepting the outcome. Emotions are high and today I was saddened by the offensive, insulting and down right discusting accusations that leave voters were racist, xenophobic c*nts.

Needless to say the days end on stock markets was much worse abroad than home. The pound to dollar is only 4 cents lower than April. Other currencies faired better.

It's not doom and gloom.

Hopefully the masses will get behind and bring some unity in our awesome multi cultural, multi religion, multiple nationalities living under one roof.

I hope one day June 23rd will be a national holiday.

12 people like this

I had a thought that the US and EU might try to freeze the UK out of trade deals and such to "teach them a lesson." If that happened, do you think the UK would team up with and strike trade deals with the BRICS countries? I know no one knows, but it's interesting to ponder.

Also, does anyone think that Parliament will disregard the vote of the people and not Brexit? If they did that, I'd imagine that significant numbers would revolt.

9 people like this

I thought it was odd that the people were allowed to even have a vote.  Why not just continue on?

7 people like this

Yes, it is a bit odd, deekin.

Brexiters be like...

Wrong country, but you get the idea. : -)

10 people like this

Someone bleated to me about how dumb the British people are and how they did not know what they were voting for on swipe,
Needless to say I had a little bit to say...lol here is what I typed back in response

No they know what they voted for, its the money men that are frantic and trying to hype it up..

if they continue to publicise this Britons are too dumb to realise crap it will turn on them..

everyone needs to get over it.  Democracy is like this now buckle up and get on with it.

As for Cameron it just shows what a feeble excuse for a LEADER he really was. And how far removed from the people he represented he really was.

If he had a spine he would take this as an opportunity to lead the UK into a new buoyant trading nation of industrious business innovators .

11 people like this

Interesting and intriguing look at how everything is progressing by the numbers

7 people like this

As Cameron stepped down, our yesterday's joke in the office was Merkel would do the same with the context use of the "Brexit" as excuse. And some new EU vocabulary popped out: Brexit. Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Fruckoff. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovacuation. Latervia. Byegium. Polend ...

Besides the jokes, sure to keep an eye on this weekend meetings and monday + coming week how the EU chess game is repositioning, who say's what and who blames who.

Refering to the "final" vote counts (~52% vs. 48%), my friends&familiy and co-workers would roughly vote the same. I asked arround directly or overhear some conversations about ... most of them dont know how to deal with it (yet) - on both sides. Btw. working in Germany and knew this day would come - personally waited a bunch of years to see the unfolding starting.

My personal opinion about this is like the 11:11 number, it's a wakeup-call or notification for most of the people who didnt observe their (social, political ..) surroundings in the last years: https://twitter.com/GoogleTrends/status/746303118820937728

Now they know

11 people like this

I'm only part way through, but this is a good show by Clyde Lewis.

https://m.soundcloud.com/groundzeromedia/a2016-6-24

As the UK voted to withdraw from the European Union, it’s created quite a jolt throughout the world. With their departure, will the royal monarchy attempt to establish the New Kingdom with Rex Mundi – King of the World? On tonight’s show, Clyde Lewis talks with documentary film maker, Chris Everard about SEE E.U. LATER: UNPEELING THE EUROPEAN ONION

5 people like this

In Phillip's video above, at about 23/24 min in, he plays the video of London Olympic ceremony for Serena Williams, singing "When our flag was still there", as the US flag dropped.  I know some of you will certainly remember the lively conversation that transpired over this incident, and how we spoke about it being no accident, and how we felt it meant America was going down.  As he mentioned how he had felt the flag falling indicated something was eminent, but that here it was 4 years later, my brain woke up.  PNAC  white paper calling for "A New Pearl Harbor" released in 1997, and then the attack on NYC 9/11/2001  4 years later.  IF this is any indication of the seriousness of this whole thing for us, it is not going to be good, as our country has never really been allowed to recover from 9/11. 

6 people like this

I didn't stay up late last night to view the results but woke up to the news of Britain leaving the EU.

Somewhere on the net somebody suggested days ago that the fix was in for BREXIT as the bookies were boosting the odds for REMAIN due to unusually large bets in it's favour. Apparently Soros was to be responsible for this manipulation as he himself was placing short bets on BREXIT while betting money on REMAIN and transfering assets into gold.

I only found this mentioned in one place but would like to know if there are other mentions of this kind of premonition. I haven't really been bothered with the whole affair, beleiving the elite would fix the vote as always with a few incremetal percentage points in their favour, but now that the cat is out of the bag I'm waiting for other dominoes to fall. Does anyone know of other bets placed?

EDIT---I suspect this has already been discussed in other threads but beleive this subject deserves a thread of it's own for later reference.

attachicon.gif41213684-brexit-text-with-british-and-eu-flags-illustration.jpg

I actually never believed they could or would try rig the vote. I never believed that. Oh but they rigged the media and everything else that is easily bought.

The reason I believe is the freewill consent of people pure and simple is worth far to tptb in is the elixir of life for their dark plans. I also think this is why they're always exporting "democracy", more free-will-consent wells to drill. 

In this instance, we may have seen the real and only power deny further abuse and misuse of that power. However it does not mean that force is going to act in a civil manner and allow easy passage. It means the stakes get higher, which is not going ot be comfortable for either side. 

When the tptb argue something is going to be really bad for you they really mean it's going to be far worse for them. 

5 people like this

This is the first time I have posted so hope I don't sound like a rambling nutter but I am wondering if Germany has set this up - last year by allowing the refugees in to Europe , creating tension and mobilising indifferent voters to make a stance and vote to leave the EU. I'm just not sure what their plans are but watch Germany.

Please note Independence Day Resurgence was released on June 23rd in the UK.

It's hard to fathom because everyone is freaking out about it, some calm would be nice as I think the Uk is more calm about it compared to everyone else but the remain side are still thrashing about in the media. Very sore losers.  However you can tell the political parties and vested interests did not expect or want this, even the Leave side were somewhat surprised and initially thought it was a remain result!

Which often leads me to believe even they are not totally in on the end game. No matter how close they are to the assumed top. 

I have a sense of Order out of Chaos, as genuine as the vote may be and I coudl be wrong about my sense here. I do not want to over analyse it but it's interesting to explore the possibilities to see were they might lead.

It's the context if happened and what lead to the perceptions that informed that vote. I would argue that it is very accurate to believe Merkel sealed the deal with her very strange behaviour. This vote event was planned years ago. Since then the EU has taken on unimaginable proposition. From the treatment of Greece and then Merkel allowing the gates open to the world while the one paying for it were told to shit up because they were racist. I think ordinary people had enough.

Remember may who probably voted to join the EU in the 70's might have voted to leave today. People have their limits and there are those who know implicitly how to manipulate those limits.

rest assured, the political establishment are very out of touch with peoples everyday lives. So it coudl be as simple as that. 

6 people like this

I thought it was odd that the people were allowed to even have a vote.  Why not just continue on?

I believe Cameron saw UKIP (Nigel Farage's party)  biting at his heals in the last General election and also with the roots of Euro-skepticism alive and well within the his own Conservative party. He had to be seen to do something about the issue. So he offered the vote as part of his offer to the electorate and Scotland one as well. Which I guess won him the election but lost a lot more it seems.  

Post the Scottish vote to remain it might have been thought they'd have the same cake-walk with the Brexit vote. A political miscalculation of global proportions and thus consequences. Which leads me to wonder some more about it alone the lines of your question.

it was a huge risk. I wonder did he have deeper EU support, because believe as I posted earlier that the UK not being in the EURO and similarly not as deep as other countries voting to remain would have given them carte blanch to push ahead. I would have expected that rather than the "lets be at the heart of the EU and influence it from the inside", the political powers that be I think, would have run with this and went triple plus hard with their plans. Claiming it as some resounding rubber stamp for everything up to this point and beyond. I've never observed them to do anything other but claim the most tenuous of mandate.  

So I wonder myself, why was this allowed to play out. As it was a massive risk, all to to win an internal general election. So the stakes were higher than high, again leading me to believe there was more to be gained from this which would have become very apparent very quickly post a remain vote. Now that the power has been pulled out of the hands of a few unelected individuals utterly drunk on power. The opportunity to gauge and record the reaction will really reveal the truth and this is a golden opportunity which in the future we may be very thankful.

Ireland got rammed hard when it voted negative in both the Lisbon and Nice treaties, with each being run not long after to get the right answer. Which was totally unprecedented and thus unconstitutional, twice!

However Ireland gave the world Peter Sutherland for it's sins (Sutherland is connected with Fine Gael the current party elected to it's second term). Need I saw more. :(

Britain is a much larger and more developed society so rigging is really harder. There is a lot more genuine debate around the EU. A lot more critical. I feel a risk was required as somewhere down the line post one Crisis after another and many leaders, the UK may have been pulled in closer to the EU, but that is all speculation.

6 people like this

Word on the ground is that in Northern Ireland there are queues at post offices across the country of people applying for Irish passports (since NI people have a choice of British and Irish passports).

They have at leat 2 years if not longer, so there is no rush,

The clock starts ticking when Article 50 is invoked. Which has not been done by Cameron and Osborne the Chancellor has gone to ground.

So until Article 50 is invoked by the British they have not begun the leaving. I also think that article 50 may have been a result of re-wording and renegotiation after the first rejection of the Lisbon Treaty by the Irish so they have the Irish to thank for that. ;)

Also the very cranky statement from the other EU heads that Britain must now leave asap was the political equivalent of being real sore loser, jerks, to use American parlance. The British will leave when they decide, officially that is. The mandate is there via the will of the people. The ritual has concluded. 

Politics, nothing is ever straight or simple.  :rolleyes:

7 people like this

True, PE. Nevertheless, that's what people were doing-- they were queued up to get new passports the day after the referendum vote. I was told that first hand by someone in Northern Ireland, unprompted. Obviously, tptb have instilled fear in people and they are behaving irrationally and rashly. I don't think it matters to them what's next in the process. Basically, most in NI wanted to remain, so they think the leavers are stupid and want to make sure they aren't caught out. This is the kind of thing people do in uncertainty and crisis.

Tbqh, if that's what they want to do, I can't blame them for wanting to do it sooner than later. You never know what those in charge might pull in the interim.

6 people like this