NexusEditor

The Alternative News Project (ANP)

48 posts in this topic

(Hi everyone, this is what I have been working on for the last year and a half in between doing NEXUS stuff.  I believe it can be a real game-changer if we do it right.  As resources become available, I'll be inviting interested people from here at CHANI to become involved at varying levels.  I invite you to read the outline below, and if you want more info, please go read about it at our Indiegogo crowd funding page: 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-alternative-news-project

I have kept Acolyte and a couple of others in the loop on all this over the past year or so, as I feel that there are many people here who are a 'natural fit' for this project.  Importantly, the business model of this whole project has provision to provide cash flow and visitor traffic to sites, businesses, publications who in turn help promote the ANP.  In other words the ANP will be pretty much guaranteeing the continuity, growth and expansion of TheCHANIProject, amongst others.  A huge win-win-win situation

I'll come back here with updates and more info.

Duncan)

The Alternative News Project

The world's first real alternative news service, (local+global), delivered 24/7 to devices and PCs.

Description

The Alternative News Project (ANP) aims to gather all the alternative and sub-culture news, delivered as an Infinite News Feed (INF) to PC and laptop browsers, and to tablets and smartphones via the free Alternative News Project app.

'Alternative News' encompasses the news, press releases, issues, research papers, product launches, event announcements, blogs, reports and more, from subcultures such as: natural/organic food; alternative health products; ecology and environment; paranormal and the unexplained (UFOs, crop circles, conspiracy theories); the sciences (fringe researchers into alternative energy, antigravity, cold fusion etc); activist groups and causes; motivational, consciousness and mind research; future watchers (tsunami, quake, solar flare alerts) and more.

The ANP draws upon a growing network of experienced researchers, writers, publishers and organisations from around the world. Our sources include magazines, alternative news sites, conspiracy discussion forums, whistleblowers, journalists, private intelligence networks, news groups, RSS feeds, relevant groups and organisations, and informed members of the public.

No sport. No politics. No fashion. No celebrity gossip. No religious stuff. 
No satire. The ANP has no political or religious affiliations, leanings or agendas.

Create your personal news feed from a dozen categories and seventy-two sub-categories, including:

• ALT HEALTH & HEALING:  Everything from Acupuncture to Yoga; Cures, Claims & Devices; Mass health issues; Big Pharma
  • HUMAN RIGHTS & CAUSES:  Whistleblowers; Human Trafficking; Private Prisons; Natural & Common Law; Ethnic Minorities
  • SCIENCE, SPACE & TECHNOLOGY:  Techno Breakthroughs; Alt Energy Research; Earth Sciences; Sun Space & Cosmos
  • CONSCIOUSNESS & THE MIND:  Altered States; Out-Of-Body + Near Death Experiences, Meditation; Remote Viewing
  • ANCIENT MYSTERIES:  Research, findings & theories about Earth’s ancient past and its lost civilisations, categorised by country
  • CLIMATE, NATURE & ECOLOGY:  Environmental issues; Animal Rights & Welfare; Climate & Weather; Ecosystem Damage; Fracking
  • PREPPING & LIVING ON THE LAND:  Power & Off Grid; Food from Animals; Community Living; Food Growing; Building; Equipment
  • GEOPOLITICS & WORLD EVENTS:  Current Concerns; Conspiracies Past & Present; Finance-Currency-Gold; Peace & Disarmament
  • FOOD, DIETS & COOKING:  Diets & Food Combining; Cooking & Recipes; Food Labelling; Good Food/Bad Food; Food Conspiracies
  • SPIRITUAL, PSYCHIC & PAGAN:  Alchemy, Gnosticism, Theosophy; Divination & Readings; New Age; Spirituality; Wicca + Magick
  • PARANORMAL & UNEXPLAINED:  Crop Circles;  UFOs; Ghosts & Haunts; Strange Creatures; Strange Experiences; Disappearances
  • HOME, FAMILY & PETS:  Birth & Breastfeeding; Education & Home Schooling; Healthy Home; Pets Care; Relationships & Self Help

Plus we monitor and provide alerts for a wide variety of potential problems

• Solar flare and sunspot activity:  x-class flare heading our way? You'll get an instant notification.
  • Volcano, earthquake and tsunamis:  whether it is water or lava, you'll get an instant notification.
  • Significant financial fluctuations:  a sudden shift in the Baltic Dry Index, or a run on the banks—you'll get an alert.
  • Social problems: Martial law, riots/protests, plagues, or anything else not being broadcast already, you'll get an alert.
  • Other:  rest assured that if we confirm a zombie uprising, or mass alien invasion we will get off an alert to your device before being exterminated.

Get Involved

One of the purposes of this campaign, apart from raising a few months of running costs, is to identify more of the people needed for this project.  If you are a non-political, non-religious news gatherer, speaker, writer, editor, researcher or activist in any of the subjects we cover, then:
— you might wish to collaborate with the ANP by letting us take your output to a bigger audience by sending us your press releases, articles and announcements;
— you might wish to join our team of news and info gatherers and get paid for your time, effort and interest; or
— you might wish to collaborate with the ANP by telling your audience about our project, in exchange for us telling our audience about your project.

Who we are/Who I am

Duncan Roads is based in Australia, and leads the Alternative News Project team.

Duncan has been an active events organiser, activist, book and magazine publisher and editor for over 30 years, covering issues involving alternative health & healing; environment & ecology; consciousness research; the paranormal & unexplained; human rights; alternative science research; geopolitics & conspiracies; and ancient historical mysteries.

For more than 20 years he has been owner, publisher and editor of NEXUS Magazine, an international alternative news magazine (print + digital) translated in several languages, which deals with the above subjects.

Duncan has considerable experience in events management, including over 20 international conferences, and dozens of national lecture tours. He has travelled extensively in his research and has an impressive international network of contacts in all these fields.

Duncan Roads has no political or religious affiliations or agendas, nor is he a member of any secret society, think-tank or subversive group.  He takes a deep personal interest in all the topics covered above.

32 people like this

Awesome Nexus, there is a big need for this. Chani is 100% behind you :)

10 people like this

does this mean i can quit my day job? 8)

joking aside let me offer you Duncan, my sincere congratulations and respect for seeing the project through

i feel (as part of the Chani family) that we have a new baby (DOB: 2014-08-23 02:38:23) with lots of aunties and uncles.

let me know if i can be of assistance (i got a few years of issues to pay back lol)

well done mate

T

btw, you forgot to include marital advise :yahoo:

13 people like this

I tip my hat here and offer a huge bottle of champagne - may this grow and grow! :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

4 people like this

Like deekin was mentioning, it'd make an awesome Christmas present to subscribe! :)  :banana-santa:

I will give myself a present this year for sure!  :wink:

Thank you for organising one-stop-shop for all the important information!! :bump:

6 people like this

Well done Nex

This is just what we need, it is a huge udertaking and I can see why it has taken so long to get to this point.

I think you can count on a lot of members on Chani wanting to help out, I know I will be willing to give my time in any way

that would help.

Look forward to the next bit of info you post

Bolly

3 people like this

20 hours into the crowd funding campaign, the funds are rolling in from all around the world, and then PayPal decides to freeze everything pending further review and documentation.  Thing is, the 'freeze' was not supposed to stop funds coming in, after all, what big finance org stops its own cash flow?

Two baffled PayPal operators and a day later, funds are now able to come in again.  (Touch wood)

Conspiracy or CockUp?

Either way, neither anyone at Indiegogo or PayPal had ever seen this happen before.

8 people like this

Well done Nex

This is just what we need, it is a huge udertaking and I can see why it has taken so long to get to this point.

I think you can count on a lot of members on Chani wanting to help out, I know I will be willing to give my time in any way

that would help.

Look forward to the next bit of info you post

Bolly

Thanks Bolly and everyone else who has expressed such sentiments.

I fully intend to give the people at CHANI first crack at any paid work in the field of uploading news and articles from various Categories and Sub-Categories, and those who do volunteer stuff for the first week or so, will be the first ones to be signed up for regular work.

I will circulate more details over the next week or three.

Anyone with time and interest in all this, should Personal Message Acolyte, and cc it to me.  You'd need a PayPal account (lol) through which to be paid, plus be able to commit a set number of hours per week (at any time of the day or night), plus have a decent computer (or tablet) and internet connection.  Those who come aboard for regular work will need to provide some basic contact details, so being anonymous while working for this is not an option at present.

thanks again everyone

Duncan

12 people like this

20 hours into the crowd funding campaign, the funds are rolling in from all around the world, and then PayPal decides to freeze everything pending further review and documentation.  Thing is, the 'freeze' was not supposed to stop funds coming in, after all, what big finance org stops its own cash flow?

Two baffled PayPal operators and a day later, funds are now able to come in again.  (Touch wood)

Conspiracy or CockUp?

Either way, neither anyone at Indiegogo or PayPal had ever seen this happen before.

Surely Duncan you expected some such game to be played, I'm just waiting for my face book or other business and coev web sites to fold up and shut down, as I've put your banner and links up on both! Hope they prove me wrong.

edit to add this is interesting on my site stats, wonder which Washington...ie state or city?

Featured Insight Where do your visitors come from ? You get the most visitors from Washington, United States.

Site Stats

% increase from last week

% decrease from last week

From October 20 to October 26

• 143 total visitors 

+19%

• 110 new visitors i.e. 76.9% of total 

+13%

• 269 pages viewed 

-15%

• Your average visitor spent 2 minutes and 53 seconds on your site 

-9%

7 people like this

Surely Duncan you expected some such game to be played, I'm just waiting for my face book or other business and coev web sites to fold up and shut down, as I've put your banner and links up on both! Hope they prove me wrong.

Not this quickly I didn't.  Anyway, conspiracy or cock-up - it doesn't matter.  Nobody stops me doing what I want to.  I'm a Taurus male human, living on Planet Earth - you don't get any tougher than us, lol.

(Just don't tell anybody that I cry when forced to watch chick-flicks).

12 people like this

If somebody tried to stop the payments, there was also somebody who finally got it OK....just think positive ... you know better than me NexEd

Best of Luck

I will tweet the heck out of this thread too, cause I know it works. (of course others too)

3 people like this

Not this quickly I didn't.  Anyway, conspiracy or cock-up - it doesn't matter.  Nobody stops me doing what I want to.  I'm a Taurus male human, living on Planet Earth - you don't get any tougher than us, lol.

(Just don't tell anybody that I cry when forced to watch chick-flicks).

ROFLAO :lol:

2 people like this

Hey Nex

What did you expect, if you poke a stick in a hornets nest they will try to sting.

Good job you where well prepared, with enough protection they won't be able to sting

but they will keep on trying.

oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall in certain offices right now

4 people like this

NexEd..Im having trouble with the payment..."one of the receivers  cannot accept payment at this time"

NexEd..Im having trouble with the payment..."one of the receivers  cannot accept payment at this time"

Most likely paypal I suspect Imelda?

If so they are working for 'the other side' I deduce, Duncan is just about to pull the l plug on them I think.

3 people like this

Yes, see my post in the ANP Volunteers thread.

This is the second time PayPal have blocked all incoming contributions to the campaign at Indiegogo.  They have requested documentation which I provided them the first time, and which they were happy with, and which they used to lift all restrictions - for a few days.

Call it conspiracy or call it cock-up - PayPal have now had a block on that account for most of the crowd-funding campaign - so I am asking people to email me which perks they want, and I'll hold one for them pending later payment.

Sigh ...

4 people like this

Yes, see my post in the ANP Volunteers thread.

This is the second time PayPal have blocked all incoming contributions to the campaign at Indiegogo.  They have requested documentation which I provided them the first time, and which they were happy with, and which they used to lift all restrictions - for a few days.

Call it conspiracy or call it cock-up - PayPal have now had a block on that account for most of the crowd-funding campaign - so I am asking people to email me which perks they want, and I'll hold one for them pending later payment.

Sigh ...

Hi NexusEd,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with PayPal  :(

I sent you a message on FB regarding one of the perks, but if you have a preferred email address, please let us know where to send our contributions.

Also, you mentioned the 'ANP Volunteers' thread.  I have had trouble finding this thread on Chani.  Is it a restricted thread?

Wishing you a good weekend.

MES.

I'm still getting emails from Paypal telling me there is a problem with my account after subscribing, I KNOW PAYPAL, CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING ACCOUNT WITH YOU!! Excuse me, however, my payment still went through via mastercard. If I get another email from paypal, they will be evacuat,  >:D

2 people like this

Sorry peeps, left off main point from above post, (so much going on, in so little space), and that was, don't panic if you get emails from paypal after you've received confirmation of a successful payment to ANP from a credit card to indigo/ANP, it's just an aggressive marketing ploy by pp, ignore them. I must say, I wasn't too sure who I was dealing with for a while, Indigogo or ANP, but all turned out fine, so far lol. Thanks Chani mate who let me know about PayPals evil ways.

3 people like this

Hi Mes,

The ANP Volunteers thread is protected. You will need to contact Aco or NexEd for info although it looks like Nex is going to be a bit busy for the next week or two

Bolly

1 person likes this

I'm still getting emails from Paypal telling me there is a problem with my account after subscribing, I KNOW PAYPAL, CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING ACCOUNT WITH YOU!! Excuse me, however, my payment still went through via mastercard. If I get another email from paypal, they will be evacuat,  >:D

Also be careful of 'phishing' emails.  There's many emails going around that claim to be from PayPal when they're not.  I've had a number of them show up in my inbox, and they are getting trickier to spot.  Usually you can tell when they're phishing by them asking for personal details or to log-in to a website via a link they've provided.  

More about PayPal phishing here: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/phishing

[botanic, not saying that yours was phishing, it could well have been a marketing tactic.]

1 person likes this