RenegadeSon

Healthcare.gov a fake ??? OBAMACARE

166 posts in this topic

Reports of erroneous WA health exchange debits

December 10, 2013

by ELISA HAHN / KING 5 News

"For the second week in a row, the Washington Healthplanfinder website is down, and it's causing problems for people who are dealing with billing issues. Some of them say the website is mistakenly debiting their accounts.

Shannon Bruner of Indianola logged on to her checking account Monday morning, and found she was almost 800 dollars in the negative.

“The first thing I thought was, ‘I got screwed,’” she said.

The Bruners enrolled for insurance on the Washington Healthplanfinder website, last October. They say they selected the bill pay date to be December 24th. Instead the Washington Healthplanfinder drafted the 835 dollar premium Monday.

Josh Bruner started his own business this year as an engineering recruiter. They said it’s forced them to pay a lot of attention to their bills and their bank accounts.

“Big knot in my gut because we're trying to keep it together,” said Shannon Bruner. “It's important to me that this kind of stuff doesn't happen.”

They're not alone."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Enrollees-report-erroneous-debits-by-WA-Healthplanfinder-235244701.html

tx Reddwolf 

Fine print: State can seize your assets to pay for care after you’re forced into Medicaid by Obamacare

Mary Katharine Ham

December 16, 2013

"My, this is an unpleasant consequence of Obamacare. I’m not going to call it unintended because in its current form, it potentially earns a bunch of money for states, so I’m pretty sure that’s intentional. What I think is unintentional is anyone noticing this is what they’re up to."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

But the Seattle Times noticed:

"It wasn’t the moonlight, holiday-season euphoria or family pressure that made Sophia Prins and Gary Balhorn, both 62, suddenly decide to get married.

It was the fine print.

As fine print is wont to do, it had buried itself in a long form — Balhorn’s application for free health insurance through the expanded state Medicaid program. As the paperwork lay on the dining-room table in Port Townsend, Prins began reading.

She was shocked: If you’re 55 or over, Medicaid can come back after you’re dead and bill your estate for ordinary health-care expenses.

The way Prins saw it, that meant health insurance via Medicaid is hardly “free” for Washington residents 55 or older. It’s a loan, one whose payback requirements aren’t well advertised. And it penalizes people who, despite having a low income, have managed to keep a home or some savings they hope to pass to heirs, Prins said."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"So, here’s the deal. There used to be a provision whereby the state could recuperate funds spent on a Medicaid patient post-55 years old from whatever assets he owned. So, a low-income individual in nursing home care after age 55 might pass away and his kids would find out the family home or car of whatever he had to his name had to be bought back from the state if they wanted it. It’s called estate recovery, and sounds pretty shady if it’s not boldly advertised as the terms for Medicaid enrollment, which is most definitely is not."

"Before the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion, there weren’t that many people in Medicaid who had much in the way of assets for seizing. But now that Medicaid enrollment requirements have been relaxed, more people with assets but low income are joining the program or being forced into it. For instance, a couple in their 50s who, say, retired early after losing jobs in the bad economy may have assets but show a very low income. Under Obamacare, if their income is low enough to qualify for Medicaid, they must enroll in Medicaid unless they want to buy totally unsubsidized coverage in the now-inflated individual market. As teh Times notes, this is no small difference:" cont.

SNIP

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/12/16/fine-print-state-can-seize-your-assets-to-pay-for-care-after-youre-forced-into-medicaid-by-obamacare/

tx Reddwolf

1 person likes this

OFA Video Teaches Parents How to Inject Obamacare into Christmas Dinner

Frances Martel

December 17, 2013

"Just a week before young adults return home for the end of year holidays, Organizing for America is debuting a video imploring parents to interrupt their time with their children to promote the benefits of Obamacare in a last-ditch attempt to ease millennial dissatisfaction with President Obama.

The video, debuting on BarackObama.com and promoted through various social media, arrives on the eve of a joint President and First Lady event designed to target mothers of uninsured millennials as they arrive home for their holidays. 

In the clip, a mother and father call their son, presumably about to drive home for Christmas dinner, and warn him that they have something "very important" to talk to him about. The son spends the entire drive home fretting about the worst case scenario ("Your father and I are moving in with you!") and inexplicably expecting arbitrary pop culture references ("I am the one who knocks!"). The "reveal" that the parents want to talk about health insurance is predictable, as is the fact that the son is, above all, relieved. "That's it?" he asks."

snip

The targeted advertising appears to be a last-minute attempt to reverse devastating trends in the Affordable Care Act's and the President's nosedive in the public opinion polls as the year wanes and HealthCare.gov continues to fail millions. A Harvard Institute of Politics poll released this month shows 57% of young Americans ages 18-29 disapprove of the ACA and 52% would support removing the President from office. The targeting of parents also appears to be a direct reaction to dwindling support for Obamacare among white women.

snip

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/17/OFA-Debuts-Video-Teaching-Parents-How-To-Inject-Obamacare-Into-Christmas-Dinner

I learned a long time ago not to ask what next, but for now, I just have to ask  WHAT NEXT????

1 person likes this

Obamacare Is Falling Apart Before Our Eyes

Obamacare madness, Christmas edition.

December 20, 2013

James C. Capretta

"The wrecking ball swung again toward the crumbling Obamacare edifice yesterday. Ironically, it continues to be the Obama administration that is operating the heavy machinery.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced, in the form of a letter to Democratic senators, that Obamacare’s individual mandate tax will be waived in 2014 for persons who had their policies canceled in 2013 due to Obamacare.

At this point, after months of on-the-fly pronouncements, delays, and exemptions (often announced, not coincidentally, in the days just before a major national holiday), perhaps nothing should surprise us anymore about Obamacare’s disastrous rollout.  But yesterday’s announcement is still startling because of what it says about the state of the president’s signature domestic legislation. The law is falling apart before our eyes.

No doubt the administration’s defenders will argue that this is simply a tactical retreat, executed with surgical precision, and intended to protect the law from more serious legislative threats in 2014.  Better to give a little by executive action now than to invite an impossible-to-control revolt by Democrats in the Senate later, the thinking goes. And by orchestrating the tactical retreat in conjunction with political allies (the Sebelius letter followed by one day a letter requesting the change from six Senate Democrats), the administration is hoping its party will get credit with voters for “smoothing the transition” to Obamacare

snip

The upshot is that the administration has voluntarily opened another very big escape route out of Obamacare, and the most likely escapees will be young and healthy Americans who don’t want to pay high premiums for Obamacare’s expensive benefit plans. Even before yesterday it was clear that the risk pools in the exchanges were going to be unbalanced, with too little enrollment by the young and healthy relative to the old and sick.  Now, there’s more reason than ever to expect the exchanges to resemble slightly enlarged versions of high-risk pools that have been in existence for years in the states."

snip

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-falling-apart-our-eyes_771566.html

Escape from Obamacare

How to get health insurance while avoiding the exchanges.

December 20, 2013

JEFFREY H. ANDERSON and SPENCER COWAN

"At least they have their health. When it comes to purchasing insurance through the Obamacare exchanges, young adults don’t have much else going for them.

Under Obamacare, young adults can buy a government-approved plan​—​with its mandated coverage of pediatric dental care, sterilization, and maternity care​—​and pay vastly inflated premiums relative to pre-Obamacare rates. Or they can simply go without insurance and pay the fine for violating Obamacare’s individual mandate​—​its unprecedented requirement that American citizens buy a product of the federal government’s choosing. If they pick the latter (more affordable) course, they’ll know they can always sign up for insurance during Obamacare’s next open enrollment period, no matter how sick or injured they might have gotten in the interim. Each of these choices is less appealing than the pre-Obamacare status quo.

But it turns out there’s a third choice. Policy experts Sean Parnell and Timothy Jost have noted a loophole in the law that could attract millions of young adults—and others as well—who seek inexpensive insurance. Indeed, this third way​—​short-term health insurance​—​could provide an affordable, low-risk escape route from Obamacare. In the vast majority of states, Americans can secure health insurance for a term of up to 11 months (and usually up to 364 days), which is more than enough time to get from one Obamacare open-enrollment period to the next.

Short-term insurance wasn’t generally a very attractive option pre-Obamacare. That’s because it provided coverage only during a finite term. If you contracted a serious illness, any treatment for that condition would be covered only until the policy term ended.

In their zeal to remake American medicine, however, the architects of Obamacare ignored the law of unintended consequences. One such consequence is that Obamacare has now transformed short-term insurance, a niche product that was never of much use to most people, into an attractive product​—​and into a very attractive way to circumvent Obamacare. The central planners have made the product’s key weakness​—​its failure to provide long-term protection​—​essentially irrelevant. Now the sick and injured can always purchase a policy covering preexisting conditions when a new Obamacare open-enrollment period rolls around, every 10 months.

As Jost (an Obama-care supporter) notes, Obamacare remakes the individual insurance market by amending the Public Health Service Act, a federal law from 1944 that defines different forms of health insurance coverage. Individual insurance coverage, that act states, is “health insurance coverage offered to individuals in the individual market, but does not include short-term limited duration insurance” (emphasis added)."

snip

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/escape-obamacare_771532.html

tx Reddwolf

2 people like this

Obamacare Hardship Exemption Offered to Offset Hardship Caused by…Obamacare

Lily Dane

December 21, 2013

"The Obama administration is making another change to the ACA. This time, the individual mandate is going under the knife.

Obamacare is on life support after being plagued with problems including (but not limited to) website issues, security issues, cancelled plans, higher rates, medication coverage confusion, the “you can keep your doctor” and “you can keep your plan” lies, negative poll results, unauthorized charges, and expensive (and ridiculous) ad campaigns.

Last night – four days before the December 23 enrollment deadline – the administration announced that the millions of consumers whose individual insurance policies have been cancelled will be allowed to buy bare-bones catastrophic plans or avoid the healthcare coverage requirement altogether.

That’s right – people whose individual plans were cancelled due to non-compliance with ACA guidelines will now be exempt from the individual mandate for 2014. They won’t have to pay a “tax penalty” (okay, let’s call it what it really is – an unconstitutional fine). A “hardship exemption” will be accepted for those who lost their existing coverage and think that the plans offered through the state and federal marketplaces are too expensive."
snip

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/12/obamacare-hardship-exemption-offered-to.html#more

tx Reddwolf

1 person likes this

I suppose that hardship exemption is nice for people who were able to afford individual plans before.  I guess the folks who considered it a hardship to buy an individual policy, and thus have no insurance to be canceled, are SOL. I consider myself among those.

3 people like this

Kandescent, we are all being affected in  one way or another, I was one of those transitioned, and I'm afraid that many still don't understand just how this impacts us all, from raised co pays to deductibles, to being refused treatment past a certain age. It has gotten so they fight over who and what they won't pay, so what is all that money it costs, paying for exactly. My heart goes out to those who are in your position especially, and I do know a few who are, and the more I read, the more I see, the madder I get. I will continue adding information to this thread, because if it opens one more person's eyes then it's been worth the effort I make.  I truly fear for our country, it is not the country I remember, and I, for one, no longer wish to be here. No one is looking out for the American people, and our gov't could care less, they continue to sign bills w/o reading them.  Well, why should they, they are exempt. What is  good enough for us, is not good enough for them.

:angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:  :angry2:    

7 people like this

Thanks for keeping everyone updated Breezy.  Yes, it must be difficult for you to see the country you were born in and love slowly deteriorating to this degree but remember it is the control of those who wish to bring America to her knees that are doing this to wonderful US citizens all over your country.  Perhaps your acknowledgement of this and your desire to leave is what the Universe is trying to get you to see and act upon if that is a possibility.  Legal migration will be difficult for many so perhaps a holiday visa somewhere that you don't fly back from will be an option.  The US will undergo many trials Breezy, it is in her destiny but what I am asking is whether those trials are in your future to experience or whether your future lies elsewhere.  Love and Light to you my friend - true happiness awaits you.

4 people like this

The obamacare fiasco has hit our small company this week.   I was covered by my small business and had no share of costs.  The deductible has gone up every year though and was up to $5000 a year.

I was informed yesterday that our insurance premiums will double at the best, perhaps triple to stay with our current coverage and the deductible go even higher.  They are considering dropping coverage on all employees they carried which was seven, or giving us the option of going over to the ACA.  Everyone is in turmoil.

Even worse, a dear friend who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and is undergoing chemo and radiation after having emergency surgery last Saturday was informed by her physician that the pain medication he wants her to take for pain as of last week because of the health care changes is no longer covered and will cost her $800 for 30 pills. She is forced to take a less effective substitute.  The physician is furious and my friend is suffering. 

I see no resemblance between this country and the one I grew up in.  And the deterioration doesn't seem to be slow anymore. 

8 people like this

The obamacare fiasco has hit our small company this week.   I was covered by my small business and had no share of costs.  The deductible has gone up every year though and was up to $5000 a year.

I was informed yesterday that our insurance premiums will double at the best, perhaps triple to stay with our current coverage and the deductible go even higher.  They are considering dropping coverage on all employees they carried which was seven, or giving us the option of going over to the ACA.  Everyone is in turmoil.

Even worse, a dear friend who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and is undergoing chemo and radiation after having emergency surgery last Saturday was informed by her physician that the pain medication he wants her to take for pain as of last week because of the health care changes is no longer covered and will cost her $800 for 30 pills. She is forced to take a less effective substitute.  The physician is furious and my friend is suffering. 

I see no resemblance between this country and the one I grew up in.  And the deterioration doesn't seem to be slow anymore. 

Damn, sorry to hear that Redd, I feel for you.

1 person likes this

Wow Redd. I'm so sorry to hear all of that.  

And, yes, thanks breezy for keeping us all updated here.

Part of what I find so ridiculous about this... First of all, affordable to whom???  They look at your income and determine how much they think you can pay. lol.  Never mind whatever expenses you have.  And then, its more expensive than what was available before.  I will stop as I know all of this has been said before.

The insurance companies seem to be the ones getting the most out of this thing. Looks like a big racket.

8 people like this

If you want people to riot and be out of control then you have to stir them up, anger them first to engage a reaction from them. Then once they react, demonstrate, become violent in their desperation you claim they are dissidents in need of control - simple plan really.

3 people like this

I am sorry for your friend Red and so sorry you are going through this with your health insurance. I have to do something myself soon. Not sure what I am going to do. I don't have insurance and I don't do doctors unless an emergency. For years I had health insurance and never used it- big waste of money- now, I don't have that option. Of course, I always carried accident, dental and hospitalization policies that I never used but good to have- but I can't afford those right now.

The deductibles are so high for everyone, what is the point other than extortion, plain and simple. This has nothing to do with healthcare.

(Actually did use the dental- lol)

5 people like this

Obamacare's New Years Day Surprise...Deep Cuts to Medicaid

As if ObamaCare’s botched website, coverage cancellations, and higher costs were not bad enough, the Obama Administration has quietly dealt yet another blow – this time striking millions of the nation’s most vulnerable seniors.  Specifically, the Obama Administration has decided to deeply cut funding for the Medicarearrow-10x10.png program’s home health benefit as a way to help pay for ObamaCare.

The Administration made this announcement very quietly, waiting to do so until the very end of the last Friday before Thanksgiving, perhaps thinking that most people would not be looking.  

To be sure, the timing of the Administration’s quiet announcement did keep it out of sight – for a while.  That ended on December 12th, however, when theWashington Examiner broke the story in an article headlined “ObamaCare forcing 14 percent cut in Medicare’s home health program.”  FOX News and the Daily Caller have also picked up this story, so full attention is now being paid to this unprecedented cut – and the harm it will do to frail seniors across America.

As the Examiner’s Richard Pollock wrote, “An estimated 3.5 million poor and ill homebound senior citizens will wake up on New Year’s Day to discover ObamaCare has slashed funding for their home health carearrow-10x10.png program.”  He’s right: on January 1st, the Obama Administration will sharply cut Medicarearrow-10x10.png funding for home healthcare services.

http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/obamacares-new-years-day-surprise-deep-cuts-to-medicare/69829#more-69829

4 people like this

OMG Redd, you have to be kidding me, seriously why did America vote for this guy for a fucking second term :angry2:

5 people like this

You got me Acolyte...all the information about what this guy was going to do and who he really was.... was out there before the first election.

Granted our choices were not really choices but for any voter doing due diligence and investigating what this guy was all about..not what he SAID he was about, how could they possibly have voted for him.

I knew.  My Mom knew. Some very smart and wonderful people I know voted for him in the first election.  I only know one who voted for him twice.

Why did he get elected?  Why are  43% of the people still happy with his job performance? 

5 people like this

From the article Red posted..."

Hidden on page 117 of the regulation that the Obama Administration quietly released on that Friday evening is a stunning admission: “approximately 40 percent” of all providers of home health services face net losses as a result of this Medicare cut.  Put more plainly, 4-in-10 of all the providers on whom homebound seniors depend face the threat of bankruptcy and closure as a result of ObamaCare.

To my knowledge, this is the first time that any regulation has been issued by any Administration with the knowledge that it would put nearly half of the people it impacted out of business.  Indeed, this ObamaCare cut to Medicare is so severe that thousands of small businesses may be forced to close, and hundreds of thousands of quality jobs could be lost – directly impacting the millions of homebound seniors who depend on them.

This is intentional, just like every other thing this admin has done to destroy America. Instead of building up the economy, they are robbing people point blank and doing everything they can to make sure there are no jobs in this country.  Very sad days.

edit to add: I mean, really, what are people supposed to do?

4 people like this

People have to stop worrying about it because worry creates stress and stress creates disease. If no shift occurs, then there will be doctors that don't participate and there would also be forms of underground medicine available. People find a way and lets face it 90% of the drugs they have Americans on they can live without anyway. People die everyday, people suffer illness everyday but they don't have to, eat properly, get some exercise and use natural medicine - they cant stop people doing that.

4 people like this

I agree Jessica..sitting around worrying is less then helpful.   Imo however..being informed and trying to inform others does not mean one is worrying or trying to cause others worry.

To affect change in a thoughtful manner one needs to be informed.  I am of the belief that people burying their heads in the sand to avoid unpleasant facts is a large part of why we are here today.

Just my opinion however.

Redd

4 people like this

I know Redd, it is a test to be sure, especially when you know people that need care and can't get it, but in times of adversity people do adjust, they do it naturally and hopefully that is the case here as well. Take care.

3 people like this

It's not the healthcare part to me that is worrying, I could care less- when it's my time to go, I'm ready.

It's the part about sending you to prison if you do not comply. That is so f'ed up- they are going to arrest us- so basically, you have to sign up or go into hiding, like a criminal, for the rest of your life. That is where you will not be able to buy or sell goods, rent a place to live, have a phone or internet, have a job or legitimate source of income, contact any friends or family members, travel, blah, blah, blah.

True, these are ideas are not carved in stone yet, but with everything else, I am thinking this is truly something very possible, that is also hidden in the bill, as others suspect or feel they have determined.

Obama Is Going To Throw You In Jail If You Don’t Enroll In Obamacare

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2013/12/10/obama-is-going-to-throw-you-in-jail-if-you-dont-enroll-in-obamacare/

1 person likes this

I hope they have big jails then and think this is more of a threat than a real intention - but you never know. If it ever comes to that then you have two reasonable choices, either leave or sign up.

Thinking, "the road less traveled', here. If I can figure out a way by doing it in the "not doing", to live the life I am aware of in this time line without it, I'm good. I just need to become invisible, no problem, I hope. :-

3 people like this

Cheetah, I think we just might have to take a stand, it's that or except their mark of the beast!

2 people like this