RenegadeSon

Healthcare.gov a fake ??? OBAMACARE

166 posts in this topic

Well, if Obamacare site  is a fake or mock up, I can just about guarantee you that Obamacare is not.  I was warned today that I will be receiving papers in the mail soon, about my health insurance plan, and how it's being terminated as of Dec. 31,2013.  That if I do not fill out and send in the paperwork headed my way, within their allotted time frame, which is VERY SMALL, that as of Jan 1, 2014 I will have no insurance.  Then there is this thread on glp that kinda tells the story. The insurance companies are simply bailing out of their policies, and leaving people in the lurch and at the mercy of Obamacare, which sounds like a nightmare to me. I'm in the process of telling all I know, time to get a passport. Now true many of us might not care for things and people on that site, but. this is not about that, it is about every person in America, period, and is going to affect us all, bigtime.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2379080/pg1

Affordable medical insurance for everyone??? Not on  your life. Huge premiums and deductibles. Here is a few examples of what it is in it.

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.
** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.
** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.
** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)
** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

Then consider that the tax agency is going to be in charge of keeping track of the info about your medical insurance, and whether you comply, and that from what I am reading, the fines associated go this way. 1% of your income the first year, 2.5% the second year, 3% the third year, and that they can take the money right out of your bank account, take your driver's license, and put a lien against your home. IF any part or all of this is true, then what sort of country are we now living in?? This is no longer the country I know or called home.  We will no longer have doctors or hospitals to go to, and personally no damned doctor is going to decide if I should live or die.

1 person likes this

It's called extortion. Evidently there is no rule of law, anymore, in this country. Back to f'ing cowboys and indians. Welcome to the wild, wild west.

2 people like this

Yes, your right Breezy - time to get a passport and if you have one - use it..

1 person likes this

I Added "OBAMACARE" to your title RS so that we can discuss all the obamacare issues in this thread ... I hope you dont mind.

I Added "OBAMACARE" to your title RS so that we can discuss all the obamacare issues in this thread ... I hope you dont mind.

I don't mind Aco...

@Breezy...

Your notification was by your insurance carrier I suspect?  Also, is this insurance supplemental aside from part A & B?  Those of us on SS without any private insurance (myself) shouldn't have to worry, at least for the short term.  I am also covered by the VA and was notified as such.

1 person likes this

Found this today- originated on Natural News-

from the article: Armed with this information, the NSA can then link your seemingly-anonymous online chats, comments and posts with your social security number. Linguistic algorithms can "score" your online posts to create red flags that call for additional investigations of anyone using words like "liberty" or "patriot."

This information can then be turned over to law enforcement, as is found in the fine print of the Maryland Obamacare exchange, which states:

...we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.

Thus, by enrolling in Obamacare, you are voluntarily surveilling yourself and handing over the data to the government while also AGREEING to terms of self-incrimination.

http://12160.info/forum/topics/warning-enrolling-in-obamacare-allows-government-to-link-your-ip?overrideMobileRedirect=1

2 people like this

Found this today- originated on Natural News-

from the article: Armed with this information, the NSA can then link your seemingly-anonymous online chats, comments and posts with your social security number. Linguistic algorithms can "score" your online posts to create red flags that call for additional investigations of anyone using words like "liberty" or "patriot."

This information can then be turned over to law enforcement, as is found in the fine print of the Maryland Obamacare exchange, which states:

...we may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.

Thus, by enrolling in Obamacare, you are voluntarily surveilling yourself and handing over the data to the government while also AGREEING to terms of self-incrimination.

http://12160.info/forum/topics/warning-enrolling-in-obamacare-allows-government-to-link-your-ip?overrideMobileRedirect=1

Oh dear, we and mostly US citizens are all fucked
1 person likes this

Maybe you're right Aco, lol- yes, we already knew we were fucked...but, "the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities"??? What do they want from us? We already lost our homes, jobs, savings and self respect and now they want to have people arrested and imprisoned?

Author seems to think the website was never meant to sign you up, just collect personal info...

(NaturalNews) We have already established that Healthcare.gov is not a functioning database application that allows people to shop for competing health plans. It is actually a government-run Trojan Horse that suckers people into creating accounts where they hand over:

• Name and address

• Email address and password

• Social security number

• Private bank account details

• Employer details and other information

During the enrollment process, your computer also hands over your IP address which is then tied to your social security number.

1 person likes this

in Prisons they got cheap labors and  they pay you only pennys on the dollar and no health care ,   if you got out line, the people there will make your life a living hell, which is already is.

@Breezy...

Your notification was by your insurance carrier I suspect?  Also, is this insurance supplemental aside from part A & B?  Those of us on SS without any private insurance (myself) shouldn't have to worry, at least for the short term.  I am also covered by the VA and was notified as such.

RS: private insurance policy and the notification was from a source w/in the administration of the benefits.  Was told that the trustee for the plan had decided to turn it over to some other entity who could give us better care, more affordably...(BS, and that is the standard line of crap I am reading about in other places)  Nothing to do with SS..When I asked about did it have anything to do with Obamacare, I was told, and honestly I believe, that the person didn't know, because their end of dealing with it had just launched one week prior, and no details were forthcoming In the meeting they had attended.  He may have suspected, but wasn't willing to absolutely throw it out there, for my consideration.

Now I ask you, who or what organization in their right mind would launch the changing of millions of policies, that work through multiple  insurance carriers, then give such a short time frame for it all to come together?  Come on. It is now the 10th, and still I don't have the paperwork. I don't want to sign up for Obamacare, in any way shape or form, either accidentally or on purpose.  So if I ever receive those papers, I will be very careful to read the fine print.  It says Obamacare, I will simply quit paying for it.  The more I read about this, the more I don't like it at all.  Perhaps not about medical care, but more about Agenda 21  

I know we all must find it strange that the website and the health care itself launched on the day the Gov't shut down started. The following article is about the person who wrote Obamacare.

From Dec of 2012  Glenn Greenwald
Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job
Few people embody the corporatist revolving door greasing Washington as purely as Elizabeth Fowler

When the legislation that became known as "Obamacare" was first drafted, the key legislator was the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Max Baucus, whose committee took the lead in drafting the legislation. As Baucus himself repeatedly boasted, the architect of that legislation was Elizabeth Folwer, his chief health policy counsel; indeed, as Marcy Wheeler discovered, it was Fowler who actually drafted it. As Politico put it at the time: "If you drew an organizational chart of major players in the Senate health care negotiations, Fowler would be the chief operating officer."

What was most amazing about all of that was that, before joining Baucus' office as the point person for the health care bill, Fowler was the Vice President for Public Policy and External Affairs (i.e. informal lobbying) at WellPoint, the nation's largest health insurance provider (before going to WellPoint, as well as after, Fowler had worked as Baucus' top health care aide). And when that health care bill was drafted, the person whom Fowler replaced as chief health counsel in Baucus' office, Michelle Easton, was lobbying for WellPoint as a principal at Tarplin, Downs, and Young. 

Whatever one's views on Obamacare were and are: the bill's mandate that everyone purchase the products of the private health insurance industry, unaccompanied by any public alternative, was a huge gift to that industry; as Wheeler wrote at the time: "to the extent that Liz Fowler is the author of this document, we might as well consider WellPoint its author as well." Watch the five-minute Bill Moyers report from 2009, embedded below, on the key role played in all of this by Liz Fowler and the "revolving door" between the health insurance/lobbying industry and government officials at the time this bill was written and passed.
snip
Now, as Politico's "Influence" column briefly noted on Tuesday, Fowler is once again passing through the deeply corrupting revolving door as she leaves the Obama administration to return to the loving and lucrative arms of the private health care industry:

"Elizabeth Fowler is leaving the White House for a senior-level position leading 'global health policy' at Johnson & Johnson's government affairs and policy group."

The pharmaceutical giant that just hired Fowler actively supported the passage of Obamacare through its membership in the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) lobby. Indeed, PhRMA was one of the most aggressive supporters - and most lavish beneficiaries - of the health care bill drafted by Fowler. Mother Jones' James Ridgeway proclaimed "Big Pharma" the "big winner" in the health care bill. And now, Fowler will receive ample rewards from that same industry as she peddles her influence in government and exploits her experience with its inner workings to work on that industry's behalf, all of which has been made perfectly legal by the same insular, Versailles-like Washington culture that so lavishly benefits from all of this."
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/dec/05/obamacare-fowler-lobbyist-industry1

This is exactly what is wrong with our government. Lobbyists, Corporatism, Cronyism. and Weak kneed Congressmen/women. Who sign bills without even reading them, but who managed to exempt themselves from this fallacy at the same time.

Then it seems even those in the know, aren't. 

Lead health care navigator in Florida provides wrong information on credit scores

Ann Packham tells Local 6 she was incorrect about Affordable Care Act
Louis Bolden Oct 10, update

ORLANDO, Fla. -
A day after saying that anyone signing up for the Affordable Care Act had to provide their credit score, the lead Navigator admitted that she had been providing factually incorrect information to the public.

Anne Packham, one of the people assigned by the state to help people navigate the government's website, asserted in an interview on Tuesday – and then later during follow up questions - that the credit check was put in place so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

"That's so that health insurance providers can make an educated decision about who to insure based on if someone is defaulting on all of their bills they may not want to have them as part of their health plan," she said during Tuesday’s on-camera interview.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Lead-health-care-navigator-in-Florida-provides-wrong-information-on-credit-
scores/-/1637132/22341034/-/md8ohn/-/index.html

So the gov site doesn't work, and the people who are supposedly in the know, apparently know nothing either. So where does that leave us? 

ObamaCare info can be used for “law enforcement and audit activities,” says Maryland exchange

October 8, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

The other day, Byron York posed a rather uncomfortably poignant question on the Twitters: “Does the punishing way the Obama administration has run aspects of the shutdown reveal anything about how it will run national health care?”

The very obvious ways in which the bureaucracy is going out of its way to make sure that the shutdown is causing as much highly visible pain as possible, combined with some of the other petty and political behaviors we have seen from The Most Transparent Administration, Evah of late (the IRS’s growing track record of political vendettas springs immediately to mind), makes me feel just a tad bit uneasy about the federal government having access to and control over so many individuals’ deeply personal information with the formation of the ObamaCare databases.

Yesterday, I mentioned the news that Maryland has finally succeeded in enrolling at least a few hundred of their exchanges’ visitors for insurance plans — but I certainly hope those enrollees took a moment to read the fine print. Jeryl Bier at the Weekly Standard caught it, emphasis mine:

If users are able to endure long page-loading delays, they are presented with the website’s privacy policy, a ubiquitous fine-print feature on websites that often go unread. Nevertheless, users are asked to check off a box that they agree to the terms. …

The first is regarding personal information submitted with an application for those users who follow through on the sign up process all the way to the end.  The policy states that all information to help in applying for coverage and even for making a payment will be kept strictly confidential and only be used to carry out the function of the marketplace.  There is, however, an exception: “[W]e may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/08/obamacare-info-can-be-used-for-law-enforcement-and-audit-activities-says-maryland-exchange/

Obamacare call center reps get password reset script by mistake
October 10, 2013

(CNN) -- If you contacted the federal Obamacare call center early Thursday morning, you may have been told that your password for Healthcare.gov needed to be reset. But that is not the case, officials from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services say.

Consumer passwords for the Obamacare website have not been reset, HHS officials say, but call center representatives were mistakenly given that incorrect information.

"A wrong script was provided to call center representatives," one HHS official told CNN. "It's been corrected. The wrong script was read for only a short time -- just this morning."

ArsTechnica, a technology new and information website, first reported that people were being told to reset their passwords on Tuesday, October 8.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/10/health/obamacare-reset-passwords/index.html

1 person likes this

Yup, I have heard that people are being dropped by their carrier because it doesn't meet the ACA guidelines... (read that as.. your current policy is too good ). As for me... I will not be signing up for anything. 

Must be the renegade in me :ph34r:

1 person likes this

must be LOL  Keep up the good work, looks like I will be right there with you.

must be LOL  Keep up the good work, looks like I will be right there with you.

;)

Administration accused of ‘burying’ ObamaCare changes, as another deadline moves 

October 11, 2013 

The Obama administration is being accused of "burying" key changes to the federal health care overhaul, as discontent grows about the roll-out of the law. 

The latest surprise came this week, when the Associated Press reported that individuals will have to obtain insurance coverage by mid-February in order to avoid an IRS penalty. 

That's six weeks earlier than the March 31 deadline that previously was cited. 

While an administration official confirmed the moved-up deadline to the AP, the reason the public now knows about it is because tax preparation company Jackson Hewitt pointed it out. 

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., in a written statement, blasted the administration for not being more up-front about these significant changes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/11/administration-accused-burying-obamacare-changes-as-another-deadline-moves/

Obamacare Has Veterinarians Howling – You Won’t Believe This!
October 10, 2013

Everyone knows the expression, "Stupid is as stupid does." When the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, or more recently discovered to be the Patient Extortion and Unaffordable Care Act was passed in the dead of night behind closed doors, a 2.3 percent tax was attached to medical devices, such as X-ray, ultrasound and laboratory. Its purpose was meant to have device manufacturers and their buyers contribute to the cost of the healthcare expansion since they would benefit from increased business through insured patients. Well, it seems there was an unfortunate group who is now suffering an extra cost without the extra income

This group's patients are not getting coverage through this atrocious piece of legislation. However, these patients at times require the use of these identified medical devices, but these doctors will not see any increase in business through insured patients

If you haven't guessed by now, this group of doctors are veterinarians. Since some of the same equipment used on humans are used on animals, some vets will be paying the tax on these medical devices as well

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/10/obamacare-veterinarians-howling-wont-believe/

tx Reddwolf

I am merely passing this on, as received.

The Following article was written by a female Obama supporter, who had voted for him for president of The United States Of America.

Legitimate Question

This election has me very worried. So many things to consider, I voted for Obama.

McCain was a Washington insider and we don't need any more of them.

I have changed my mind three times, since then.

I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another. I must say this drives my husband crazy. But, I feel if you view CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground to work with. I started thinking "where does all the money come from for President Obama"? I have four daughters, who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard and there were lots of student loans. I started looking into Obama's history for my own peace of mind.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California. He is very open about his two years at Occidental; he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. "Barry" (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan.

During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a "round the world" trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia, next Hyderabad in India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family.

My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? Neither I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they were in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York. It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia? It's not cheap to say the least.

My girls asked me; where did he get money for tuition, Student Loans, etc?

Maybe it's none of my business?

After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000 a year.

Why Chicago? Why not New York? He was already living in New York. By "chance" he met Antoine "Tony" Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria, and a real estate developer in Chicago. Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery several times in the past and in 2011. Rezko was named "Entrepreneur of the Decade" by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association".

About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School. Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the money for Law School, more student loans?

His family has no money that's for sure.

After Law school, he went back to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. Guess what I discovered? They represented "Rezar" which is Rezko's firm.

Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran for office in

Chicago. In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with "seed money" for his U.S. Senate race.

In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwood District of Chicago for $1.65 million(less than asking price). With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for this property?

On the same day, Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot for the full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie Jarrett was Michele Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett born? Are you ready for this? Shiraz, Iran!

Am I going nuts or is there a pattern here?

On May 10, 2008, The Times reported, Robert Malley, advisor to Obama was "sacked", after the press found out he was having regular contacts with "Hamas", which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran. This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq , he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will "Take care of things"…

What the heck does that mean?

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that were born in Pakistan? They are in charge of all those "small" Internet campaign contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from?

The poor and middle class in this country, or alternatively could it be from the Middle East?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2009, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on "This Week" with George Stephanopoulos. Obama on talking about his religion said, "My Muslim faith". When questioned, "he made a mistake". Some mistake huh?

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopaedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own, why haven't all of our "intelligent" members of the press been reporting this?

Is this a Kettle of Fish?? As Arsenio Hall would say. ----"HUMMMMMMM!

Does something stink or is it my imagination?" These are legitimate questions for our president.

A Student ID for Columbia University in the City of New York for Barry Soetoro’s, student’s Card, is number: #600962011054355:,

with a picture of Barrack Obama with AA 81 and across the bottom in HUGE Letters : FOREIGN STUDENT

1 person likes this

Thousands of doctors fired 

Jocelyn Maminta   October 10, 2013

In the midst of major changes in health care,(__) has sent thousands of pink slips to this state's doctors.     

Termination letters went to physicians caring for Medicare patients. Those letters were sent out to doctors caring for 'Medicare Advantage' patients. It's a plan, marketed to Seniors to provide additional services;

A mix of primary care and specialty doctors are affected by it. And it comes at a questionable time.

Open enrollment for Medicare starts next Tuesday, and it's still not clear at this time as to which doctors are still in this network.    

The biggest concern is patient access to healthcare.

All links to the particular medicare provider have been removed, due to a received complaint.  breezy

John McAfee predicts hackers will empty Obamacare enrollees' bank accounts

"Obamacare websites have "no safeguards" to protect Americans who enroll in the health insurance exchanges from hackers who will "empty your bank account," according to internet security pioneer John McAfee.

McAfee said he could create a fake Obamacare exchange website for "a couple hundred dollars" and expect a big return on the scam.

"I'll ask you your social security, your date of birth, [so] an hour later I can empty your bank account," he told Fox News' Gretchen Carlson."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/john-mcafee-predicts-hackers-will-empty-obamacare-enrollees-bank-accounts/article/2537153

2 people like this

Get a discount on health care -- if you wear a tracking bracelet  

October, 11, 2013

Stan Alcorn

"The Affordable Care Act increases the size of the health care discount employers can give, as long as those workers take steps to get healthier. Up to 30 percent of health care costs can now be tied to participation in workplace wellness plans. But instead of just asking employees to submit medical histories or do lunchtime yoga, some workplaces could try something more high-tech: using health tracking devices that count your every step.

Tasting Table, a daily email for foodies, isn't offering their employees insurance discounts, but it does give a glimpse of this possible future.

At their office in New York City's SoHo, Sam Bernstein stands at her desk and scrolls through her coworkers' sleep habits on her smartphone. "Elyse didn't get that much deep sleep. Sarah Kay did. Kalisa: Great night's sleep. That's cool," Bernstein laughs.

She can see what time her coworkers' fell asleep and woke up, their exercise routines, how many steps they've taken and when throughout the day."

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/health-care/get-discount-health-care-if-you-wear-tracking-bracelet

Obamacare computer code riddled with typos, Latin filler text, desperate programmer comments and disastrous architecture

October 10, 2013

Mike Adams

(NaturalNews) If I had told you one month ago that ten days into the launch of Obamacare not a single person could be confirmed to have successfully enrolled, you would have called me a lunatic. And yet, here we are, tens days into the launch, and guess what? The White House cannot produce a single person who has successfully enrolled through the federally-run exchange Healthcare.gov.

Not one.

The real story on the catastrophic IT disaster known as Healthcare.gov is only now beginning to be recognized by the nation. As a person with a strong IT background running large R&D projects, I was among the very first to claim that Healthcare.gov is not just broken, it's DOA because of critical design failures.

It's not merely a "glitch." It's way beyond a SNAFU. This is the defining failure moment of the delusional thinking of democrats and their fantasyland government-centralized economy.

Even ABC News is now calling Healthcare.gov, "nothing short of disastrous," adding, "Media outlets have struggled to find anyone who has been successful."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042428_Obamacare_exchange_Javascript_critical_errors.html##ixzz2hXDSeHP3

tx Reddwolf

1 person likes this

Insight: As Obamacare tech woes mounted, contractor payments soared

October 17, 2013

Sharon Begley

(Reuters) - As U.S. officials warned that the technology behind Obamacare might not be ready to launch on October 1, the administration was pouring tens of millions of dollars more than it had planned into the federal website meant to enroll Americans in the biggest new social program since the 1960s.

A Reuters review of government documents shows that the contract to build the federal Healthcare.gov online insurance website - key to President Barack Obama's signature healthcare reform - tripled in potential total value to nearly $292 million as new money was assigned to the work beginning in April this year.

The increase coincided with warnings from federal and state officials that the information technology underlying the online marketplaces, or exchanges, where people could buy Obamacare health insurance was in trouble.

In March, Henry Chao, deputy chief information officer at the lead Obamacare agency, said at an insurance-industry meeting that he was "pretty nervous" about the exchanges being ready by October 1, adding, "let's just make sure it's not a third-world experience." At the same event, his colleague Gary Cohen said, "Everyone recognizes that day one will not be perfect."

The contract to build Healthcare.gov, issued to the CGI Federal unit of Montreal-based CGI Group, has come under scrutiny after the site, offering new subsidized health insurance in 36 states, stalled within minutes of its October 1 launch, leaving millions of Americans unable to create accounts or shop for plans.

In its third week of operations, the website continues to experience problems, which government officials say they are working day and night to repair. Even allies of the Obama administration have been highly critical, with former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs calling it "excruciatingly embarrassing" and calling for "some people" to be fired.

How and why the system failed, and how long it will take to fix, remains unclear. But evidence of a last-minute surge in spending suggests the needs of the project were growing well beyond the initial expectations of the contractor and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

"Why this went from a ceiling of $93.7 million to $292 million is hard to fathom," said Scott Amey, general counsel at the Project on Government Oversight, a Washington, D.C.-based watchdog group that analyzes government contracting.

"Something changed. It suggests they ran into problems and knew last spring that they couldn't do it for $93.7 million. They just blew through the original ceiling. Where was the contract oversight?"

HHS did not respond to Reuters' requests for information about CGI's contract.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/17/us-usa-healthcare-technology-insight-idUSBRE99G05Q20131017?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

I think I found the answer to  your original question RS

Tech experts: Health exchange site needs total overhaul

By Kelly Kennedy

October 17, 2013

"WASHINGTON — The federal health care exchange was built using 10-year-old technology that may require constant fixes and updates for the next six months and the eventual overhaul of the entire system, technology experts told USA TODAY.

"The application could be fundamentally flawed," said Jeff Kim, president of CDNetworks, a content-delivery network. "They may be using 1990s technology in 2.0 world."

Recent changes have made the exchanges easier to use, but they still require clearing the computer's cache several times, stopping a pop-up blocker, talking to people via Web chat who suggest waiting until the server is not busy, opening links in new windows and clicking on every available possibility on a page in the hopes of not receiving an error message. With those changes, it took one hour to navigate the HealthCare.gov enrollment process Wednesday.

Those steps shouldn't be necessary, experts said.

AFFORDABLE CARE ACT: What does it mean for you?

"I have never seen a website — in the last five years — require you to delete the cache in an effort to resolve errors," said Dan Schuyler, a director at Leavitt Partners, a health care group by former Health and Human Services secretary Mike Leavitt. "This is a very early Web 1.0 type of fix."

The site could be perfect, but if the systems from which it draws data are not up to speed, it doesn't matter, said John Engates, chief technology officer at Rackspace, a cloud computer service provider.

"It is a core problem in the sense of it's fundamental to this thing actually working, but it's not necessarily a problem that the people who wrote HealthCare.gov can get to," Engates said. "Even if they had a perfect system, it still won't work."

Outsiders acknowledged they can't see the whole system, but they said they feared HHS built a system that will need an expensive overhaul that would cause more headaches for people trying to buy insurance.

Next sentence is classic:

HHS officials did not respond to a request about the nature of the problems. snip

read all about it here

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/17/health-exchange-week-three-start-over/2995989/

Here I always considered my computer was obsolete the minute I got it home from the store, and they used technology from over 10 years ago.  LOL

on the following site there is a list of states and what Obamacare is going to mean to  you(errrr, cost you that is)

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/10/enrollment-in-obamacare-exchanges-how-will-your-health-insurance-fare?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social