Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breezy

Posting a Pic to a thread/reply

24 posts in this topic

UPDATED 29/10 - POSTING A PICTURE THAT YOU TOOK, FROM YOUR COMPUTER BY BREEZY

Go to the bottom of the Reply to this Topic box, and click on More Reply Options

This will give you a bigger reply box with the option at the bottom to Attach Files

and a Browse Option.

Click on Browse and it will open Your Pictures section of your computer

Browse until you find the picture you wish to post.

When you find it, click on OPEN, and it will post that picture file in the box beside Browse

Then click on ATTACH THIS FILE. and it will automatically upload that picture to your post.

Repeat for more pictures, but I suggest you make sure they are all KB jpgs, as you can only upload 3 MB total to each post.

If you happen to forget to click on Attach this File, it won't do it automatically, and you will have to start over with browse, etc.

Or use this method below but the method above is easier :D

Post a Pic:  Go up to My Media, click on that.  A new box will open, click on attachments over on the left hand side, and hopefully it will load your pictures from your computer. Then you just click on whatever picture you want to post, and click the box finished down on the lower right of that box.  You will see a code in the reply box.  That is the code to your picture.  Then you just click on post and that should do it. You will get a thumbnail in your post, and all anyone has to do is click on that thumbnail, in order to see the picture full sized. 

IF you want to load a  picture from another site, you go up to the picture frame image in the second row of icons, and click on it. It will bring you a box with a spot to copy/paste the url from the properties of the picture you are posting from another site, put the url In that spot, click ok, and the picture will appear in the post you are making.  I think that is it.  LOL.  have fun. Hope I have helped somewhat. 

5 people like this

yes it is possible nick.  Copy the url from YouTube, then go up above here in the reply box where you intend to post the YouTube video and click on that first square on the left, in the first row of icons..it will change the way the reply box looks but don't worry about that.  While it looks different, paste the You Tube url in your reply box and then click that little square again, which will return the reply box to normal. Then if you care to write a description or some thing, go ahead and do so. (oh and if your You Tube url is an https://  url <<<remove the s from the http:// otherwise you will just get a link posted but not the YouTube video.) Then click post and there you go. Hope that has helped.   

Sorry does not work for me... when it goes to my media WHICH IS VAST it is just ridiculous to look for new images that I have ... I just clicked the next page button  72 times and gave up. Regrettably I will not be uploading images any more .

Sorry guys. URL images yes to a degree but limited as I have a group of people that send me new images not the url's. It has just become too time consuming. Hope everyone keeps posting new images as it has been a smile generator over the past years.

2 people like this

Phil, there's an easy way to upload the images, totally skipping all the above, as long as your image are stored on outside source such as PHOTOBUCKET.COM, which I use. (I think they have 2G free spaces, and you can sign up more than one account so you can expand free spaces!)

Open Reply field--->Click "Image" button.(It's showing square with green colour with a dot of red in it. It's existing about the mid way of the lower shelf of icons.)--->enter the address in the pop up you will be prompted to do so.

That's all.

For YT videos, the link with thumbnails worked this simple way:

Open Reply field-->write whatever you want to write, and add the video address--->post it by clicking "Post" button.

That's all.

All you MUST do is to COPY THE VIDEO URL by hovering your cursor on the video, CLICK RIGHT button, when pull menu appears, chose "The URL of the video", copy that and paste it on your reply field.

(It doesn't work if you copy and paste the address appears on the top of your browser for some reason.)

Anyway, that's what I have done here and videos appearing as they should be.....

http://forums.thechaniproject.com/topic/5868-cool-japanese-anime-op-ed-songs/page-5

I still upload images using "Attach Files" at the bottom of the reply box.  This is the same as on the old board except that there are two very small extra steps after you "Choose File" from your hard drive.  You must click "Attach This File" and then "Add to Post."  

post-2154-0-68930900-1376884654_thumb.jp

That's it! Should still be easy peasy, phillip. 

Thanks Kandecent but it will not give me the option of choosing from my hard drive for some reason. Also I don't use Photo bucket for personal reasons Unity... I will persevere.. if it is defaulting to choose file from Hard drive for you guys I may have different preference settings on my set up because it is quite shall we say surrounded by many wire fences... lol 

I run 5 separate filtering programs, a ping and 2 fire walls plus often run through a virtual server in another country. Not that it makes a difference to the record as they say just keeps the rats off my desk.

I do have every image I have posted in the past on the chani server so I can start repeating myself.  :P

3 people like this

it was simple for me until a few days ago, all I had to do was "more reply options", "Browse" then choose the image from my puter, then "Attach this file" and then I could even "preview", and write underneath or on top of image. Maybe Aco changed something and he's taken a few days off it. It must have done his head setting it up, it would me.

My media only has the attachments I've already posted, no link to my drive either.

I have a Mac btw, vids are easy, I just copy address from YT and paste it into post and vids there

1 person likes this

Phil, I might just have the answer to your/our problem

post-248-0-23479000-1376894083_thumb.jpg

You must however, sign a contract promising no more EMO images ever again >:D

post-248-0-81203000-1376894242_thumb.jpg

Go to your profile, then "manage attachments", you will find like me, that you have exceeded the MB limit

post-248-0-81203000-1376894242_thumb.jpg

and you have to dump some, click on the top blue line and it will check all on that page, I could only delete 1 page at a time.

Hope that works, I miss your non EMO images, contracts emailed to you. :P

post-248-0-45541200-1376894397_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

I think you are correct Botanic I exceeded my limit a Long long long time ago.. remember I was the one that started this thread and have been posting images onto Acolytes server for a Long time.... Oooops maybe I am responsible for the server upgrade to more data space..  >:D  :P  :D  :(  :angry:

Well shit, I have to now go back and replace all the maps I just deleted, bugger, and my Baby Botanic pics lol, so be warned if you dump your attachments, they are gone.

:'(

Sorry does not work for me... when it goes to my media WHICH IS VAST it is just ridiculous to look for new images that I have ... I just clicked the next page button  72 times and gave up. Regrettably I will not be uploading images any more .

Sorry guys. URL images yes to a degree but limited as I have a group of people that send me new images not the url's. It has just become too time consuming. Hope everyone keeps posting new images as it has been a smile generator over the past years.

ditto

this mode of sharing images is not only ridiculous but directly obtrusive, i do not appreciate my media library been read (not that it matters anyway) by anyone/thing just because i choose to share an image

sorry, but no more pictures, diagrams, my own sketches or anything that is not written in the reply box

shame, i wanted to share the top image from this:

http://rense.com/general96/whodid911.html

1 person likes this

ditto

this mode of sharing images is not only ridiculous but directly obtrusive, i do not appreciate my media library been read (not that it matters anyway) by anyone/thing just because i choose to share an image

sorry, but no more pictures, diagrams, my own sketches or anything that is not written in the reply box

shame, i wanted to share the top image from this:

http://rense.com/general96/whodid911.html

You dont have to use the Media library option breezy mentioned, just use the usuall upload attachement feature. I'm trying to get the size limits sorted.

POSTING A PICTURE THAT YOU TOOK, FROM YOUR COMPUTER

Go to the bottom of the Reply to this Topic box, and click on More Reply Options

This will give you a bigger reply box with the option at the bottom to Attach Files

and a Browse Option.

Click on Browse and it will open Your Pictures section of your computer

Browse until you find the picture you wish to post.

When you find it, click on OPEN, and it will post that picture file in the box beside Browse

Then click on ATTACH THIS FILE. and it will automatically upload that picture to your post.

Repeat for more pictures, but I suggest  you make sure they are all KB jpgs, as  you can only upload 3 MB total to each post.

This is what Acolyte was referring to in his post above.

If you happen to forget to click on Attach this File, it won't do it automatically, and you will have to start over with browse, etc.

1 person likes this

Alright- this is what I get when I try to copy/save a pic now from the Images thread...

and this is what it does normally, like when I tried to copy/save the homepage- but it's not doing this in the Images thread.

when i click on an image here i get what you get BUT then in the bottom right corner is a save or download icon click on it and the image opens in another tab of your browser then i put the curser over the image right click the mouse and "save image as" to my own file system... works for me.

1 person likes this

Thank you Phillip- I get it- just an extra step- after I save from bottom right, then I right click on the pic to save image or whatever. :-*

1 person likes this

your welcome cheetah took me a couple of tries to get there also, glad you got there in the end

1 person likes this

A question arose recently on another thread, so I will answer it herein order not to derail the thread it's on.

(Sorry the setting of the image posting rule doesn't let me to enlarge the image I'm posting---or to retain the original size of my screen shots. It's shrunken fair bit from the original size as I uploaded into the post, and right clicking on the image tried to recover the original size but it doesn't let me at all. It'd really help if we have larger size to be accepted...or it may be too fiddly?? Please check it out on the Data site yourself, if keen to see it in detail.)

When you take a screen shot of an image, it becomes a fixed sized image.  Then when you post it, it becomes subject to the parameters I have allowed for images, on our site.  You mention that you have no way to alter the size at that point. You are correct.  In order to get past that, if you click on copy image instead of taking a screen shot, and simply paste it into your post, you will get the original size of the image, like I show you below here.  (I could not gain access to your original page, so took this image from here  >>  http://www.trinfinity8.com/why-is-earths-schumann-resonance-accelerating/ )

czc499stotliwoc59bc487-schumanna.jpg?zoo

Now IF you wish to make the image smaller and let people click on it themselves to make it full sized, you can click the right mouse button on the image, it will turn blue, then right mouse button click twice on the image while blue, and it will bring you a menu that allows you to adjust the size, and create a smaller version of that image, also make sure you check the keep original ratio box.  This image was originally 640 x 313, the 640 number is the only one you adjust, then click update and you are done. and once it's posted, others can click on it to see the bigger version, or you can just leave it the original size it was when you copied it.

I took the image down to 560 x 275  and here it is below. If you click on it, it will go up to the original size.  I hope that helps, unity. I have been told this is a massive site, so yes having limits to sizes permitted on images and videos is important. 

czc499stotliwoc59bc487-schumanna.jpg?zoo

4 people like this

THANK YOU MEGA HEAPS, breezy!!!(ノ*'ω'*)ノ~~~~♥) ◜◡‾)

Now it make sense to my brain!!!(∩´∀`)∩ (So sorry for not getting it right in the first place...!! Crikey...) WoooHooooo!!

1 person likes this