Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breezy

WHO LIKES THE COLOR RED??

37 posts in this topic

In this thread I am going to put 4 instances of RED, Red Rivers, Red Lake...something is causing this...First one I found was in 2010...and there have been 3 instances in 2012...

River that runs red: Photographer captures rare phenomenon in the Rockies

By Mail Foreign Service

UPDATED:10:24 EST, 26 August 2010

"A lucky photographer captured the image of a lifetime - shooting the incredibly rare moment a waterfall turned tomato soup red.

Rochelle Coffey was stunned when she saw the normally crystal-clear water turn deep red over the course of two hours.

The mother-of-two had been visiting the impressive Cameron Falls, in Alberta, Canada, with her husband and had taken photos of the normally clear water for years."

1-the-blood-red-river-320mn090110 REX USA

Red river: The naturally-occurring phenomenon was captured by Rochelle Coffey at Cameron Falls, in Alberta, Canada.The red colouring of the water was a result of heavy rainfall washing sediment into the river.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306378/River-turns-colour-tomato-soup-storm.html#ixzz25pfFh5QV

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/09/01/canadian-rockies-waterfall-turns-blood-red/

Beirut river turns blood red

February 16, 2012

"The Beirut River mysteriously turned blood red Wednesday after a stream of unidentified red liquid began pouring from the southern bank of the river in Furn al-Shubbak. The source of the liquid had yet to be determined Wednesday evening, as the river continued to empty the red-colored water into the Mediterranean Sea."

SNIP

"Several business owners around the Chevrolet crossing said that colored water pours into the river roughly every two months but no one pays attention to it.It was the quantity and brightness of the red liquid that grabbed the attention of many passersby and commuters on different bridges in the city Wednesday."

red+river.jpg

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.ca/2012/02/beirut-river-turns-blood-red.html

French lake turns blood red

August 10, 2012

"It might look like a scene from a horror film but this is the breathtaking natural phenomenon which has met tourists at a popular French beauty spot.

The stunning scenes in Camargue, southern France, may look very dramatic but are actually thought to be caused by the high levels of salt within the water.

The bizarre sight was captured by photographer, Sam Dobson, from Moscow in Russia."

article-2185920-1474BFCA000005DC-237_972x502.jpg

http://nworeport.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/french-lake-turns-blood-red/

Yangtze River Turns Red and Turns Up a Mystery

By Katie Kindelan | ABC News Blogs

Sept 7, 2012

width=500 height=281http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/7jlEgUPSRLLXvl7372NBAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/590/2012/09/07/gty-yangtze-river-dm-120907-wmain-jpg_173435.jpg[/img]ChinaFotoPress/ChinaFotoPress via Getty Images)

"For a river known as the "golden watercourse," red is a strange color to see.

Yet that's the shade turning up in the Yangtze River and officials have no idea why.

The red began appearing in the Yangtze, the longest and largest river in China and the third longest river in the world, yesterday near the city of Chongquing, where the Yangtze connects to the Jialin River."

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/yangtze-river-turns-red-turns-mystery-175232434--abc-news-topstories.html

Anyone have any ideas, because it sure seems none in charge have a clue...

3 people like this

Thanks breezy.

If you think about it then the color of the energy that we use to move and do all that we do is red.

To stop a car for only one example you press brake pads to a disk in the wheel. The movement of the car is "used"/reduced by warming up the disk.

If you look at the disk with cameras with some special filters you see that the disk is emitting red light. Yes and if you warm it very much then you can see this red color with your naked eyes.

In other words you could say that red is the color of friction.

Maybe all is getting to much energy, to much friction going on.

I want to share that last night I saw a red thing in the sky. It was a red "ufo" high in the eastern sky about 24:00 my time.

I watched it for a while and then I decided to get a camera and see if I could catch it on it. When I came back out it was gone.

Next time I am just going to enjoy the moment when I see something like this in the sky. It seems that you can somehow never get a good picture if you get so far to be able to fetch it before the ufos disappear.

All my best for now

narnug

Breezy, this is a bit of a concern to me, if this was only appearing in US states where you have droughts and extremely hot weather atm, it wouldn't be a problem, same goes if all cases were the result from oxidising of ferrous pigments (iron oxides, rust) washing into waterways. But this is starting to look like a 'Red Tide" appearing in multiple countries (and this may be the norm), but I have been wondering since "augie" has been brought to the surface, could other ancient bacteria have been carried up with it. We now know that Earth's make-up is the result of "panspermic" processes/concretion that include hydrocarbons and other biological molecules/compounds gravitationally drawn into Earths solidification, and that leaves the question of what else could be making it's way to the surface that had been laying dormant for the past ~4.5 billion years. Don't mean to sound paranoid, but I think it's time we stopped drilling deep wells and leave what lies in the deep alone.

Red Tide-  http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/redtide.html

Extremophiles-  http://www.eoearth.org/article/Extremophile?topic=74530

Read 30 myo bacteria re-animated- http://www.panspermia.com/bacteria.htm

2 people like this

I couldn't agree more about the deep drilling Botanic...however, Spanky also brought up a point to ponder in chat last night...IF  notice I am saying IF....there were a hidden or dark, but magnetic planet breeching our solar system, and moving between our planets...what would a magnetic planet draw to the surface?  Iron perhaps?...and where would that become most visible??  In water?  such as in rivers or lakes? And if that were the case, and the spots are moving around the earth where this is becoming visible...so would that then mean that it's because the earth is rotating, and the other planet that's affecting us, is also rotating or whatever in it's orbit..?? or perhaps moving closer or farther away in proximity, so therefore when it's closer, is when a river or lake turns red???? REMEMBER AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THIS...I SAID IF...but an interesting thought, in any case...

2 people like this

I couldn't agree more about the deep drilling Botanic...however, Spanky also brought up a point to ponder in chat last night...IF  notice I am saying IF....there were a hidden or dark, but magnetic planet breeching our solar system, and moving between our planets...what would a magnetic planet draw to the surface?  Iron perhaps?...and where would that become most visible??  In water?  such as in rivers or lakes? And if that were the case, and the spots are moving around the earth where this is becoming visible...so would that then mean that it's because the earth is rotating, and the other planet that's affecting us, is also rotating or whatever in it's orbit..?? or perhaps moving closer or farther away in proximity, so therefore when it's closer, is when a river or lake turns red???? REMEMBER AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THIS...I SAID IF...but an interesting thought, in any case...

If it were able to do that, it would most certainly be able to affect the iron in our blood in the same way. Scary thought.

1 person likes this

If it were able to do that, it would most certainly be able to affect the iron in our blood in the same way. Scary thought.

Something like this:

Amb

narnug

1 person likes this

Narnug....I have seen blinking red items in the sky also....a long time ago and in the Southern sky...in fact almost due South  and a ways from any other planets...I watched for so long that my vision went whacky after a while, and I did not want to run in the  house for a camera, because I just knew it would be gone when I came back out..I stared at it until I couldn't stare any longer...then it's lights went out...and no it was not a commercial airliner, because it stayed in one spot for a long time...

WHOA NARNUG.....DANG.....GUESS THAT MAKES A POINT...

Korvex...geeze...that is a creepy thought...but something is causing this phenomena to happen...and from points in diff. parts of the world...perhaps our magnetic field is doing something strange...??? maybe it has naught to do with an outside planet...maybe it has to do with earth itself...?? but the yangzee??? good grief...that's a whole bunch of water turning red for no reason...and there seems to be differing opinions, or no opinions about the cause...

Narnug....I have seen blinking red items in the sky also....a long time ago and in the Southern sky...in fact almost due South  and a ways from any other planets...I watched for so long that my vision went whacky after a while, and I did not want to run in the  house for a camera, because I just knew it would be gone when I came back out..I stared at it until I couldn't stare any longer...then it's lights went out...and no it was not a commercial airliner, because it stayed in one spot for a long time...

I share the knowledge of knowing that what I saw was no man made aircraft. At least not the kind that me and you know that are man made.

The red light I was looking at did not blink. It got stronger and weaker all the time like it had a pulse. And it did move a little but not in the same direction all the time.

It looked like a very bright star (the size of it).

You are obviously a little wiser then me. I just learned to not think about cameras at moments like these. It is better just to enjoy it while it lasts.

Well I got there now,,,,LOL....

Thanks for the thread breezy. Makes one think.

All my best

narnug

but the yangzee??? good grief...that's a whole bunch of water turning red for no reason...and there seems to be differing opinions, or no opinions about the cause...

Well, considering China's poor track record in regards to polluting water sources, I wonder if its just another day at the office of "got waste? lets just dump it here"

Following the flow....

magnetite is one of the iron oxide could respond to a intense magnetic field interacting with the earth one, but the red is due to hematite which doesn't have magnetic properties.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematite

<snip>

Clay-sized hematite crystals can also occur as a secondary mineral formed by weathering processes in soil, and along with other iron oxides or oxyhydroxides such as goethite, is responsible for the red color of many tropical, ancient, or otherwise highly weathered soils.

</snip>

I found this rather interesting...

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetite

<snip>

Magnetite powder efficiently removes arsenic(III) and arsenic(V) from water, the efficiency of which increases ~200 times when the magnetite particle size decreases from 300 to 12 nm.[11] Arsenic-contaminated drinking water is a major problem around the world, which can be solved using magnetite as a sorbent.

Because of its stability at high temperatures, it is used for coating industrial water tube steam boilers. The magnetite layer is formed after a chemical treatment (e.g. by using hydrazine).

Magnetite is also used as a catalyst for various industrial chemical processes, such as: Fischer-Tropsch process, the Haber-Bosch process and the water gas shift reaction.

</snip>

Yangtze River Turns Red

Biblical Curse or Industrial Pollution?

From 9/12/12

Ran across this today, figured I would post it...even though about a week late...

Rama Hoetzlein

"On September 7, an article by Daily Mail Online (UK) revealed images of the Yangtze River turning bright red near Chongqing, China ("The river that Did run red: Residents of Chinese city left baffled after Yangtze turns scarlet"). Slashdot readers, a popular geek blog site, were quick to notice that several images has bleeding artifacts indicating Photoshopped and manipulated colors.

The source of these alarming images, Barcroft Media, is a London-based media firm specializing in "the amazing side of life." Indeed, Barcroft Media's own company profile states: "As a result, our work is on time, and always to brief. What matters is that our clients receive exactly what they want, when they want it." Other articles, such as "Pregnant one-year-old girl has unborn twin's fetus removed," show manipulated photos passed off as real news by ChinaFotoPress and Barcroft Media. In the case of the Yangtze River, this has caused widespread alarm. The following photograph shows the manipulated image.

Independent sightings of the unusual red color of the Yangtze River continue to circulate the internet. On September 8, a YouTube video ("China Hit With Deadly Earthquakes, Yangtze River Mysteriously Turns Red") revealed an unedited video of a particularly red river, and suggested a link to major earthquakes in the Yiliang region a few days earlier.

Is it possible earthquakes turned the river red? Could it be algae bloom (red tide)? Or perhaps industrial pollution? Official reports from the Chinese government have stated that the cause is "silt" from upstream sources."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rama-hoetzlein/yangtze-river-red_b_1877483.html

Odd Phenomena, Why did all the rocks turn RED??

from July 2012

"MessageToEagle.com - Some years ago, back in, 2005, over the slopes of Mount Gongga, China all rocks suddenly turned red.

In time, the entire region became known the "Red-Stone-Valley" and today it is a spectacular local tourist attraction.

For many years, scientists have wondered what caused the stones to unexpectedly change color?

Today, scientists can finally offer an explanation what is behind this strange phenomenon.

According to Guoxiang Liu of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Wuhan, Hubei, China, and his colleagues, the rocks became red as a result of a newly discovered variety of the algae Trentepohlia jolithus that suddenly expanded."

In their research paper, Liu and his colleagues write that " Trentepohlia is a genus of subaerial green algae which is widespread in tropical, subtropical, and also temperate regions with humid climates".

The scientists state that the reason the algae Trentepohlia jolithus started to expand is due to global warming as well as various human activities.

"This new variety only grows on the native rock, both global warming and human activity have provided massive areas of suitable substrata: the rocks surfaces of the Yajiageng river valley floodplain were re-exposed because of heavy debris flows in the summer of 2005; plus human activities such as tourism and road-building have also created a lot of exposed rock!" Liu and his team write."

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/redrockschina.php#.UFuQSKTyYdo

post-5-13759095822609_thumb.png

Odd Phenomena, Why did all the rocks turn RED??

from July 2012

"MessageToEagle.com - Some years ago, back in, 2005, over the slopes of Mount Gongga, China all rocks suddenly turned red.

In time, the entire region became known the "Red-Stone-Valley" and today it is a spectacular local tourist attraction.

For many years, scientists have wondered what caused the stones to unexpectedly change color?

Today, scientists can finally offer an explanation what is behind this strange phenomenon.

According to Guoxiang Liu of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Wuhan, Hubei, China, and his colleagues, the rocks became red as a result of a newly discovered variety of the algae Trentepohlia jolithus that suddenly expanded."

In their research paper, Liu and his colleagues write that " Trentepohlia is a genus of subaerial green algae which is widespread in tropical, subtropical, and also temperate regions with humid climates".

The scientists state that the reason the algae Trentepohlia jolithus started to expand is due to global warming as well as various human activities.

"This new variety only grows on the native rock, both global warming and human activity have provided massive areas of suitable substrata: the rocks surfaces of the Yajiageng river valley floodplain were re-exposed because of heavy debris flows in the summer of 2005; plus human activities such as tourism and road-building have also created a lot of exposed rock!" Liu and his team write."

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/redrockschina.php#.UFuQSKTyYdo

Any of these rocks with algae near the Yangtze river?

Red rain in Sri Lanka

Ridma Dissanayake

"Rare showers of red rain fell for over 15 minutes in Sewanagala, Monaragala and Manampitiya,Polonnaruwa yesterday morning hours of yesterday and day before yesterday. According to Meteorology Department sources red rain fell heavily in these areas and the reason has not been found yet.

Red rain in Sewanagala and Manampitiya left red frost on the ground. This is the first time red rain was witnessed in Sri Lanka. The Health Ministry Secretary informed Medical Research Institute (MRI) Director Dr Anil Samaranayake to conduct a study to ascertain the reasons for red rain by taking water samples from Monaragala and Polonnaruwa.

Increase in the acidity of the air and sand storms are the usual reasons for red rain. However, there are no sand storms in Sri Lanka. India had red rain last year and Indian scientists discovered a variety of micro organisms as a reason for the rains. Since the micro organisms had no DNA, they guessed it had to be a strange phenomenon.

The MRI is carrying out research to find the exact reason for red rain in Sri Lanka.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/11/16/news11.asp

The crimson tide: Tourists in Australia flee as Bondi Beach turns into the 'Red Sea' because of rare algae bloom

Tourists heading for world-famous Bondi Beach were left high and dry today after a rare natural phenomenon turned the water blood red.

Bondi was among several popular beaches in and around Sydney, Australia, which had to be closed after a huge algae bloom transformed the sea into something resembling a scene from a Jaws movie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239040/Crimson-tides-Tourists-flee-Bondi-Beach-Red-Sea-rare-algae-bloom-turns-water-colour-blood.html

A picture is worth a thousand words...these are actual photos of Bondi area

post-189-13759096711159_thumb.jpg

post-189-13759096711328_thumb.jpg

:)  Thank you phillip!  I could not get those pics to post.

Mysterious algae that turned Sydney's beaches blood red glows BLUE at night

Rare algae bloom turned the sea water bright red at beaches around Sydney, Australia, this week

Pictures reveal the spectacular night time scene created by the tiny plants, which glow fluorescent blue in the darkness.

By Kerry Mcdermott

November 30, 2012

"Rare algae that turned the waters at Sydney's beaches an unsettling shade of red has been found to have an altogether more picturesque effect by night - when it glows fluorescent blue.

Several popular beaches around the Australian city - including iconic surfers' mecca Bondi - were closed this week due to health fears when the enormous algae bloom left swathes of the seawater blood red.

These pictures, taken just before daybreak at Stanwell Park beach, reveal the spectacular effect created by the algae, dubbed sea sparkle, when darkness falls."

The natural phenomenon is caused when the tiny organisms flourish in one area.

The appearance of the algae, called Nocturnal Scintillans, or sea sparkle, drove swimmers from the waters around the coast this week."

Read story, see beautiful pics here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240843/Mysterious-algae-turned-Sydneys-beaches-blood-red-glows-BLUE-night.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240843/Mysterious-algae-turned-Sydneys-beaches-blood-red-glows-BLUE-night.html#ixzz2DlEkYMT1

thank you Icanseeatoms..for both daily mail articles...

1 person likes this

Malabar beach glows blue following red algae invasion

After the eastern beaches coastline resembled the Red Sea last Tuesday, the “night lantern” visited Sydney’s Malabar beach that evening. These photos have not been digitally enhanced – in fact, photographer Dr David Psaila said the water was an even more spectacular color blue than that shown in these images, the Southern Courier reports.

440299-malabar-beach.jpg

width=500 height=281http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/12/04/1226529/440282-malabar-beach.jpg[/img]

http://www.news.com.au/national/malabar-beach-glows-blue-following-red-algae-invasion/story-fndo4bst-1226529447438

1 person likes this

IF you don't like RED then how about HOT PINK....???

Jan 7, 2013 by Mihai Andrei

Lake Hillier: The Pink lake in Australia

There are many bizarre things in Australia, but few go even close to the pink lake Hillier.

pink-lake-3.jpg

But here’s the kicker: nobody knows exactly why it’s pink! The flamboyant rose pink color does not alter when you take the water and put it into a container, and many biologists believe this is all caused by a combination of low nutrient concentrations and bacteria (Dunaliella salina & Halobacterium, to be more precise).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Hillier

http://www.zmescience.com/other/great-pics/lake-hillier-the-pink-lake-in-australia/

We have pink lakes 60km from us here.  It is the beta-caratene and garnet mining site.

OK here we go again, and once again, this is in Australia. Take a look at this fine specimen..

Giant, fluorescent pink slugs found on mountain

giant-pink-slug.jpg

(NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service)(NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service)

Dylan Stableford

"It would seem to be something you'd see only in a cartoon or at a Phish concert, but according to park rangers in New South Wales, Australia, dozens of giant, fluorescent pink slugs have been popping up on a mountaintop there.

"As bright pink as you can imagine, that's how pink they are," Michael Murphy, a ranger with the National Parks and Wildlife Service, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "On a good morning, you can walk around and see hundreds of them."

The eight-inch creatures have been spotted only on Mount Kaputar, a 5,000-foot peak in the Nandewar Range in northern New South Wales."

Read more here

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/giant-flourescent-pink-slugs-140528983.html

OK pink lakes, pink slugs.. I Iike it, you guys in Oz are so lucky.

The river of blood: Villagers' shock as Slovakian waterway turns red overnight 'like something from a horror film'

December 3, 2013

Sarah Malm

• River flowing through Slovakian village turns blood red
  • Superstitious locals say the colour of the river is a sign of 'evil'
  • Possibly caused by faulty filter at nearby slaughterhouse

"Rumours were rife in a Slovakian town this week when a river running through turned bright red.

The river in Myjava, a small municipality on the border to the Czech Republic, had changed colour over night and turned into 'blood'.

Police have been called in to investigate the matter, but it is believed to be a faulty filtering system from a slaughterhouse upstream.

Roman Podbrezova, 65, had gone for a morning walk when he saw the drastic change to the river which runs through the centre of the town.

‘I just could not believe my eyes,’ he said. ‘The river was dark red. It was like something from a horror film. Blood cascading through the centre of town.’

snip 

Pictures at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2517516/The-river-blood-Villagers-shock-Slovakian-waterway-turns-red-overnight-like-horror-film.html

Seems to me that I read last week about one turning red in the Netherlands.  Here is that one.

723b9e4ac62e2f05e797c22b2968d4e7.jpg?ito

"River water turns red in the Netherlands: Possible symptom of climate change"

oops from November 1, 2013

"In what could be yet another symptom of climate change, residents of Nootdorp in the Netherlands woke up to a strange phenomena today: A normally pristine river had turned a bloody red color.

The cause of the red waters behind Pub 1837 in Nootdorp is almost certainly a natural bacteria or algae, says spokeswoman Inka Vogelaar of the Delfland Water Board. Although authorities say there has been no ill effects on fish, people in the area have been advised to avoid the water.

Bodies of water turning red is not a new phenomena and has been reported in other areas around the world recently. Researchers believe the red waters are linked to a rise in bacteria and rare algae blooms, another symptom of our changing and warming climate."

snip

http://www.examiner.com/article/river-water-turns-red-the-netherlands-possible-symptom-of-climate-change

tx Reddwolf

1 person likes this

River in Switzerland Turns Red

The River Lotzwil (Bern, Switzerland) has suddenly turned blood red. Scientists say they have absolutely no explanation. Others point to The Book of Revelation, 16:4 in the Holy Bible. Picture of the River shown below . . .

This is just the latest of a series of similar incidents wherein waterways - either fresh or salt -- have "inexplicably" turned blood red.

http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/465-pat

post-12-0-17894000-1398877805_thumb.png

4 people like this

River in Switzerland Turns Red

The River Lotzwil (Bern, Switzerland) has suddenly turned blood red. Scientists say they have absolutely no explanation. Others point to The Book of Revelation, 16:4 in the Holy Bible. Picture of the River shown below . . .

This is just the latest of a series of similar incidents wherein waterways - either fresh or salt -- have "inexplicably" turned blood red.

http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/465-pat

As the "local CHANI correspondant" I had to check this out.

It's the village that's called Lotzwil, the small river is called Langete.

It was only red for about an hour, no deaths of water fauna occurred.

Usually red pigments are used to investigate groundwater flow, but if that were the case, local authorities should know about it.

I found out that there is a tannery and fur/pelt refinery located in Lotzwil. So they are the most likely suspects, since a lot of water is needed in the process. Looks like Ockam shaved the book of revelation ;D .

Here's what the swiss lamestream has to say about it, in Goethe's language:

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/panorama/vermischtes/Berner-Fluss-verfaerbt-sich-blutrot/story/10650632

5 people like this