breezy

ANCIENT FINDS

598 posts in this topic

Half-million-year-old human jawbone found in Serbian cave

Feb 7, 2013

Oldest hominin fossil from that region of Europe, it may have come from Neanderthal precursor

Tia Ghose

130206-JawbonePhoto-hmed-0315p_files.grid-6x2.jpgMirjana Roksandic

An ancient hominin jawbone unearthed in a Serbian cave may be more than half a million years old.

"Scientists have unearthed a jawbone from an ancient human ancestor in a cave in Serbia.

The jawbone, which may have come from an ancient Homo erectus or a primitive-looking Neanderthal precursor, is more than 397,000 years old, and possibly more than 525,000 years old. The fossil, described Wednesday in the journal PLOS ONE, is the oldest hominin fossil found in this region of Europe, and may change the view that Neanderthals, our closest extinct human relatives, evolved throughout Europe around that time.

"It comes from an area where we basically don't have anything that is known and well- published," said study co-author Mirjana Roksandic, a bioarchaeologist from the University of Winnipeg in Canada. "Now we have something to start constructing a picture of what's happening in this part of Europe at that time."

snip

"About 5.9 inches (15 centimeters) below the surface the team found an ancient jawbone fragment with three molars still intact.

Using several dating techniques, the team determined the fragment was definitely older than 397,000 years and perhaps older than 525,000 years.

The jawbone lacked several characteristic Neanderthal features, including distinctive chewing surfaces on the teeth that show up in Western Europe at that time. Instead, the fossil resembled the more primitive Homo erectus.

Read whole story here..

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50724252/ns/technology_and_science-science/?ocid=twitter

Hacked NASA Photos! Hollow Earth Images! Mind Blowing!

Feb. 17, 2013

OK...gonna put this here because I believe these pictures denote things from ancient times...at least some of them do..

"I have downloaded most of these images from a YouTube video I ran across recently. The uploader claims they were hacked from NASA. Which ones have actually originated from NASA and which ones have not, I cannot say."

na8.JPG

width=500 height=296http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/7961/images/n8.JPG[/img]

width=500 height=285http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/7961/images/n6.JPG[/img]

width=500 height=282http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/7961/images/nb7.JPG[/img]

width=500 height=285http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/7961/images/nc4.JPG[/img]

"Here Is The Opening Admiral Byrd Found On His Expedition To The North Pole

"Admiral Byrd's two flights over both Poles prove that there is a `strangeness' about the shape of the Earth in both polar areas. Byrd flew to the North Pole, but did not stop there and turn back, but went for 1, 700 miles beyond it, and then retraced his course to his Arctic base (due to his gasoline supply running low). As progress was made beyond the Pole point, iceless land and lakes, mountains covered with trees, and even a monstrous animal, resembling the mammoth of antiquity, was seen moving through the underbrush; and all this was reported via radio by the plane occupants. For almost all of the 1,700 miles, the plane flew over land, mountains, trees, lakes and rivers."

Read more and see more pics at

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/hacked-nasa-photos-hollow-earth-images-mind-blowing-2568992.html

Traces of America's most ancient shamans found

2/25/13

49489.jpeg

By Igor Bukker

"In the Isthmus of Panama, in the archaeological mound of Casita de Piedra, a group of a dozen of stones was discovered. The discovery became the earliest evidence of practicing shamanism in Central America. About 4,000 years ago, the stones were brought here in bags or baskets, which eventually turned into ashes. For which purpose, though?

Archaeological excavations in this part of ??Mesoamerica have been conducted since the 1970s. Originally, experts thought that people appeared there no earlier than 6,500 years ago. However, in 2006, Ruth Dickau of the University of Exeter (UK), insisted the radiocarbon analysis be repeated. As a result, it was revealed that the artefacts found in those places, including kitchen utensils and tools, were no less than 9,000 years old. According to LiveScience, the scientists also paid attention to a group of mysterious stones."

"Panamanian historians suggest, for example, that the stones were used in the practice or shamans, or healers. One and the same person could often combine these two roles. Geologist Stewart Redwood, one of the authors of the research published in the latest issue of Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences, said that the stones were transported from the gold mining area of ??Panama, known as the Cordillera Central. The development of gold mines in that region began 3,000 years before the stones appeared in Panama. However, not even the slightest sign of gold was found on the Casita de Piedra stones. However, the mysterious stones contained inclusions of magnetite. This black mineral has strong magnetic properties, able to deflect a compass needle."

Read entire story here

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/25-02-2013/123896-shamanism-0/

Lost continent found off coast of Madagascar lost to the Ocean depths 85 million years ago

Feb. 26, 2013

"It isn’t quite Atlantis, but scientists from Norway, Germany and Britain have found what they say is a lost continent that they’ve named Mauritia at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

“We found zircons that we extracted from the beach sands, and these are something you typically find in a continental crust,” Trond Torsvik a professor from the University of Norway told the BBC. “They are very old in age.”

The focus on zircons refers to the fact that most islands, except for very large ones such as Greenland, usually have surfaces that are much different than continents. Further, the bottom of the Ocean is quite different than the continental surface.

The zircons themselves are not especially notable, but the radiological age of the zircons found in the “Mauritia” landmass implies continental crust instead of Ocean floor.

The strip of continent, now at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, once connected Madagascar, the island archipelago of Seychelles and India. As tectonic movement shifted the land masses apart, the connective tissue of Mauritia was pushed to the bottom of the Ocean, where it was shredded and partially consumed by underwater volcanos."

rodinia_reconstruction.jpg?w=450&h=401John Goodge/Public Domain/National Post Illustration

This is an representation of what the Rodinia supercontinent is proposed to have looked like hundreds of millions of years ago. The arrow points to where the newly discovered land mass would have existed.

read story here

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/26/lost-continent-found-off-coast-of-madagascar-lost-to-the-ocean-depths-85-million-years-ago/

THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE THE GREATEST DIScovey Of the decade archaeologists  have discovered the tomb of  Gilgamesh

Archaeologists in Iraq believe they may have found the lost

tomb of King Gilgamesh - the subject of the oldest "book" in

history.

The Epic Of Gilgamesh - written by a Middle Eastern scholar 2,500 years before the

birth of Christ - commemorated the life of the ruler of the city of Uruk, from which Iraq

gets its name

Now, a German-led expedition has discovered what is thought to be the entire city of

Uruk - including, where the Euphrates once flowed, the last resting place of its famous

King.

"I don't want to say definitely it was the grave of King Gilgamesh, but it looks very

similar to that described in the epic," Jorg Fassbinder, of the Bavarian department of

Historical Monuments in Munich, told the BBC World Service's Science in Action

programme.

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as

having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the

waters of the ancient river parted following his death

"We found just outside the city an area in the middle of the former Euphrates river the

remains of such a building which could be interpreted as a burial," Mr Fassbinder said.

"The most surprising thing was that we found structures already described by

Gilgamesh," Mr Fassbinder stated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2982891.stm

Watch "Gilgamesh tomb believed found...update" on YouTube -

AND ALIENS BUILT ISLANDS !

Published on 4 Mar 2013

AZAZEL8867

Dante, if we were friends i would shake your hand, if i saw you in the street i would tip my hat to you, as it is a big thank you will have to do.

I have read about this and memory is vague at the moment.

The shape of the stones reminds me of the Giants Causeway Ireland, a natural phenomenon there but i dont know about the island of Pohnpei whether those stones are natural or not.

If you are watching Dante, thanks again.

Icanseeatoms.

Thanks ICSA,

I have always wanted to go to the close-by Palau Archipelago, incredible diving amongst tiny little vegetated islets and also the where you will find the amazing "Jellyfish Lake"

In "The God Kings and The Titans", James Bailey writes;

On Nan Matol on Ponape, Enock wrote: 'An ancient native fortress is described, terraces and a pyramid with a great lodge on it's summit platform very much like one of the teocalli or truncated pyramids. On the textile fabrics depicted of these people appear patterns which seem to bear some similarity to some of Mexico and Peru.' Also: 'Among the articles found by digging were circular rose-pink beads, minute and delicate in design, formed of shells rubbed down and answering exactly to the wampum or shell-bead money of the North American Indians. Beads exactly similar in design have recently been discovered in the ruins of Mitla, in Central America'. They indicate movement of people, Heyerdahl correctly argues, from east to west, even at times the traffic moved both ways in an important manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish_Lake

Thanks guys.  I never cease to be amazed at the ancient ruins we actually have on this planet - one could spend a lifetime travelling around these places I am sure - it would be fantastic.

Thanks guys.  I never cease to be amazed at the ancient ruins we actually have on this planet - one could spend a lifetime travelling around these places I am sure - it would be fantastic.

I agree, Jessica! It'd be awesome to travel around to see these amazing places with our own eyes!

...Only I wish teleportation is perfected that we don't need to go through hard yakka of trecking in woods for 5 days and expected to get immunisations done before we visit... ;)8) :P

Ancient Astronaut Found On Spanish Cathedral? 2013

StephenHannardADGUK

Published on Mar 6, 2013

Very impressive carving that seems to depict an Astronaut holding a tether of some kind. The carving is part of a decorative mosaic of motifs, that decorate the Ieronimus Cathedral in Spain.

De-bunkers have claimed that this is merely the work of a mischievous builder who worked on the restoration of the cathedral back in 1992, but some local sources reject that theory claiming, the people who have lived here for generations all know about the hombre de las estrellas, (Man Of Stars) Our grandfathers and grandmothers all talked about him, its common knowledge.

Could this be proof of Time Travel, Alien visitation or something else? As always you decide.

Tx Phillip

Hout Bay Grailstone, Cape Peninsula

This is one of many prehistoric sites that have been found in the Hout Bay valley

area, there are many other shelters in the Karbonkelberg & the Vlakkenberg range,

which attests to the many early communities that inhabited this area. Many

artifacts from the surrounding area can be seen in the Hout Bay Museum. The

presence of fresh water all year round in Hout Bay, along with the abundant fishing

& hunting grounds made this area a paradise for the ancient people. The valley was

full of trees and was named Hout Bay by the Dutch (Hout = Wood), the indigenous

forests would have included giant Yellow Wood, Black Wood, Iron Wood & other

magnificent species which now can only be found in the Orangekloof area at the

neck of Hout Bay Valley (permits from Table Mountain National Park to hike in the

Orangekloof Area).

http://www.sacredsites.co.za/index.php/sacred-sites-map/sacred-sites-map-western-cape/sacred-site-hout-bay-grailstone-cape-town-south-africa.html

SPIRITUAL SIGNIFICANCE AND INTERPRETATION - Grailstone, Hout Bay

The Hout Bay Grailstone forms the central key stone to the diamond of light grid

that surrounds Table Mountain. It forms the central axis point of North South East

West, alligning to both the Winter Solstice sun set and the Equinox sun set. The

Grailstone is a inverted equilateral triangle with a rectangular hole through the

centre - this hole holds the dimensions of the Golden Mean when viewing the Winter

Solstice sun set.

When viewing the Equinox sun set, the Grailstone is an inverted equilateral triangle

with an upward pointing right angled triangle, symbolising in this one stone both

the downward pointing triangle of the female (the moon, water, Great Mother & the

female pubic triangle), and the upward pointing triangle of the male (a single eye

within a triangle can be seen as the Eye of God, the All Seeing Eye, masculine solar

sign, fire, mountain & ascent). It is called the Grailstone due to the overall shape an

inverted equilateral triangle - that represents the heart, being shaped like a vase

into which love is poured in, or in which love may be carried, in this sense it links

to the Holy Grail legend.

This stone has been wedged into a crack on a flat plateaux (it did not fall) the sedimentary

layering is at standing perpendicular at 90 degrees to the surrounding layers. It is

positioned to mark the geographic western most edge of the peninsula, and the Equinox

Sunset, so is not only Astronomically aligned to Due west but geographicaly as well! Who ever or whatever placed this stone in position must have had a profound understanding of astronomy as well as an amazing geographic overveiw of the entire Peninsula. This sacred stone is a smoking gun and shows there was a lot more going on here than meets the eye. Research by Dean Liprini, who has compiled a thesis that includes his findings of the "Grail Stone".

post-1199-13759097428143_thumb.jpg

Pre-Viking tunic found on glacier as warming trend aids archaeology

imagesizer?file=boyleFE7D946B-4B63-86AE-F159-17270921EFD5.jpg&width=600

The greenish-brown, loose-fitting outer clothing — suitable for a person up to about 5 feet, 9 inches tall (176 centimeters) — was found 6,560 feet (2,000 meters) above sea level on what may have been a Roman-era trade route in south Norway. Carbon dating showed it was made around the year 300.

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/21/17403302-pre-viking-tunic-found-on-glacier-as-warming-trend-aids-archaeology?lite

Must have been warmer then eh?

1 person likes this

We Vikings have anti free in our blood Arc so its short sleeves all the way even back in the Berserker days  ;)

1 person likes this

Scientists reportedly discover gate to hell

“Pluto’s Gate” has been documented in the Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites, which noted in its description of ancient Hierapolis, “Adjoining the temple on the SE is the Plutoneion, which constituted the city's chief claim to fame. It was described by Strabo as an orifice in a ridge of the hillside, in front of which was a fenced enclosure filled with thick mist immediately fatal to any who entered.”

Strabo (64 B.C.- 24 B.C.) wrote, “This space is full of a vapor so misty and dense that one can scarcely see the ground. Any animal that passes inside meets instant death. I threw in sparrows and they immediately breathed their last and fell.”

The portal to the underworld seems just as bad for your health today. The professor said, “We could see the cave's lethal properties during the excavation. Several birds died as they tried to get close to the warm opening, instantly killed by the carbon dioxide fumes.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/scientists-reportedly-discover-gate-hell-203918901.html

2 people like this

Ancient site unearthed in Biblical home of Abraham

British archaeologists said Thursday they have unearthed a sprawling complex near the ancient city of Ur in southern Iraq, home of the biblical Abraham.

The structure, thought to be about 4,000 years old, probably served as an administrative center for Ur, around the time Abraham would have lived there before leaving for Canaan, according to the Bible.

The compound is near the site of the partially reconstructed Ziggurat, or Sumerian temple, said Stuart Campbell of Manchester University's Archaeology Department, who led the dig.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/04/04/ancient-site-unearthed-in-biblical-home-abraham/#ixzz2PXafhJJW

Ancient site unearthed in Biblical home of Abraham

British archaeologists said Thursday they have unearthed a sprawling complex near the ancient city of Ur in southern Iraq, home of the biblical Abraham.

The structure, thought to be about 4,000 years old, probably served as an administrative center for Ur, around the time Abraham would have lived there before leaving for Canaan, according to the Bible.

The compound is near the site of the partially reconstructed Ziggurat, or Sumerian temple, said Stuart Campbell of Manchester University's Archaeology Department, who led the dig.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/04/04/ancient-site-unearthed-in-biblical-home-abraham/#ixzz2PXafhJJW

One of the oldest cities in the world and we understand underground caverns lead to Bolivia  from this palce( i think that's the place where the other ancient Sphinx has been found) and Egypt giving us yet one more clue to the ancients...

:-\

Suuzzaannee ; the other Sphinx is in Romania, the Buccegi Mountains.

I keep on promising myself i would redo the thread when i have more time.

Icanseeatoms.

Suuzzaannee ; the other Sphinx is in Romania, the Buccegi Mountains.

I keep on promising myself i would redo the thread when i have more time.

Icanseeatoms.

Here is an image of the Romanian one..

post-189-1375909758499_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Heavy machinery destroys Nazca lines

A group of ancient lines in the archaeological zone of Buenos Aires, in Nazca, have been destroyed by heavy machinery, El Comercio reported.

According to the daily, the machinery belongs to a firm that is removing limestone from the area.

The lines are located near kilometer marker 444 of the Panamericana Sur Highway. The area adjacent to the lines have reportedly also been affected, due to land being removed from the area.

Eduardo Herrán Gómez de la Torre, director of research at Ojos de Condor, described the extensive damage in the area. "We have witnessed the irreparable destruction to a set of lines and trapezoids that existed in the area,” Herrán said.

“The limestone firm responsible has not been sanctioned or supervised by the authorities of the Regional Directorate of Culture of Ica, despite being in this great archaeological reserve.”

http://www.peruthisweek.com/news-3743-peru-heavy-machinery-destroys-nazca-lines/

Whilst looking around for a thread to place this, I came across another post by Arc that could explain the Earth events that caused the rapid uplift of the Andes

http://thechaniproject.com/forum/index.php/topic,3181.0.html

Did this ancient site experience a catastrophic end?

Tiwanaku, or Tiahuanaco in Spanish, is a ruined citadel occupying almost 10 square kilometers in the Bolivian Andes at an altitude greater than 3800 meters. Carbon-14 dating methods suggest that the site is no more than 3700 years old. However, as previous Picture of the Day articles discuss, radiometric dating is, at best, an unreliable system for establishing age.

According to the book, Tiahuanaco, The Cradle of American Man by University of La Paz Professor Arthur Posnansky, Tiwanaku is closer to 17,000 years old, perhaps one of the oldest surviving human habitations on Earth.

Posnansky based his estimate on the alignment of the Kalasasaya temple stones. “Kalasasaya” means “standing stones” and refers to the large stone pylons apparently aligned deliberately around a central courtyard. The current temple is a reconstruction and does not reflect the original architecture that the pre-Incan inhabitants intended. There was no wall between the standing stones as there is today.

Posnansky’s research over several decades showed him that the alignments in Tiwanaku were offset from what should have been “true” positions. Instead of being sited to the south, some of them were slightly offset to the southwest. According to Posnansky, that offset indicated that the site lines were from a time when the stones were aligned with true south.

Earth’s poles are tilted with respect to the plane of the Solar System, creating an angle called the “obliqueness of the ecliptic”. The present tilt is 23 degrees and 17 minutes. According to consensus astronomers, it does not always remain so. Our axis supposedly oscillates between two extremes: from 22 degrees and 1 minute to 24 degrees and 5 minutes. This oscillation cycle is said to require 41,000 years. Posnansky’s alignment data was checked by several astronomers who concluded that the temple stones were set up when Earth’s axis was tilted at 23 degrees, 8 minutes, 48 seconds, indicating a time frame of approximately 17,000 years ago.

There is another explanation for the offset alignments. Rather than an oscillation of Earth’s axis, our poles could have experienced a one-time displacement as a result of some momentous episode in the recent past. Some of the strange anomalies that exist in the Tiwanaku region might be explained by such an Earthshaking catastrophe.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2013/04/03/tiwanaku-3/

1 person likes this

Mysterious rock pile structure found beneath Sea of Galilee off Israeli coast

April 11, 2013

•Stone mounds, known as cairns, were used as stone-age burial sites

•The 60,000 ton pile of basalt in the Galilee Sea was first discovered in 2003

•Israeli archaeologists are planning to dive on the site.

"ARCHAELOLOGISTS have discovered a mysterious, ancient monumental stone structure in the waters of the Sea of Galilee.

The giant structure is cone-shaped, made of "unhewn basalt cobbles and boulders," and weighs around 54,400 tonnes, researchers wrote in the International Journal of Nautical Archaeology.

The mysterious rock pile is 10 metres high and 70 metres in diameter - about twice the diameter of Stonehenge. The basalt boulders weigh a total of about 60,000 tons.

Researchers believe the structure is a giant cairn, or rock pile that is often used to mark burials.

But its age and purpose are are not yet certain.

"The shape and composition of the submerged structure does not resemble any natural feature. We therefore conclude that it is a man-made and might be termed a cairn," researchers wrote.

They speculated it was either built under water to attract fish, or was built on dry land that has since been covered by rising sea levels.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/mysterious-rock-pile-structure-found-beneath-sea-of-galilee-off-israeli-coast/story-fn5fsgyc-1226617794816#ixzz2QB9A2ifF

dq...wanted this posted here also

1 person likes this

Hmmmm .....

Something to keep an eye on is this structure:

"Mysterious Stone Structure Discovered Beneath Sea of Galilee"

http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-stone-structure-discovered-beneath-sea-galilee-111707097.html

#3314 message to Pedro Regis

<snip>

[glow=red,2,300]"A frightening phenomenon will happen in the Sea of Galilee and no one will have an explanation for it..."[/glow]

... and the plot unravels.