Space Watch

317 posts in this topic

Astronomers find 72 bright and fast explosions

Date:
April 2, 2018
Source:
Royal Astronomical Society
Summary:
Gone in a (cosmological) flash: a team of astronomers found 72 very bright, but quick events in a recent survey and are still struggling to explain their origin.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180402192657.htm

What are these mystery lights in space? Astronomers baffled after spotting 72 ‘extremely bright’ explosions 4 billion light years away

• Scientists who observed this strange event are trying to understand dark energy
  • They are looking for supernovae - the explosion of stars at the end of their lives 
  • The mysterious explosions are similar in brightness to supernovae, but they don't last as long

By PHOEBE WESTON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 20:18 AEST, 4 April 2018 | UPDATED: 23:18 AEST, 4 April 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5576893/Alien-signals-Astronomers-baffled-detecting-72-extremely-bright-explosions.html?ITO=1490

2 people like this

A second Chinese space station just plunged perilously close to Earth and we don’t know why

Jasper Hamill                June 25, 2018

"A Chinese space station’s mysterious manoeuvres have sparked fears it’s about to plunge to Earth.

Earlier this year, Beijing’s Tiangong 1 satellite burned up over the South Pacific after spending months locked in a death spiral.

Now Tiangong-2, its sister craft, was spotted diving 60 miles toward the surface of our planet before mysteriously climbing back to its usual orbital height.

A second Chinese space station has plunged perilously close to Earth and we don't know why

A drawing of the Tiangong-2, a Chinese Space Station

The strange movements suggest China has a plan for its spaceship.

Jonathan McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, told Space News: ‘It seems likely that the lowering of Tiangong-2’s orbit is the first step in safely disposing of it.’

McDowell also published several tweets about the second space station’s ‘weird’ behaviour in which he suggested China could be testing out the craft’s engines ahead of a scheme to steer it to a fiery end in Earth’s atmosphere.

snip

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/25/second-chinese-space-station-plunged-perilously-close-earth-7658351/

2 people like this

MYSTERY Satellite's "Alarming Behavior" Never Seen Before

Any ideas?

2 people like this

Yes breezy, we had seen the actual footage of such movements before! THE real footage.

I'm sure I posted about it here somewhere but I cannot recall WHERE it was....sorry!(´Д`)

But the reason why I remember about it (despite my very dodgy memory capacity) was because I sent the footage to the Head of Crisis Management of Japan, because that was indicating the plausibility of Space War.

I think it was back in 2017, absolutely not 2018. He has the info, but I didn't keep it on my end. DARN!! I think I got the original info via the Bases community but I never can go back years to retrieve info from their place....I might hadn't known how to use it properly but friggin annoying to the max!

The image was capturing 2 "satellite" looking items that were moving AROUND 1 "satellite" which was dormant, and suddenly the dormant one went flash and gone....and naturally you'd think it's been attacked by the 2.

The thing is, BBC doesn't show the video of the footage they are talking about.

Mystery Russian satellite's behaviour raises alarm in US

15 August 2018

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45194333

What if they are looking at what I reported to the HOCMOJ? An old footage being used as a proof to pave way to POTUS' Space Military group, and assure the expenditure towards military development...to me, that already make sense.

But I think there were lots more happening up there, as we all know....

2 people like this

@unity.....Do you recall the bluecoat thread on CHANI, years ago?  That thread was about our secret "Space Force".  My take on Pres. Trump calling for the creation of a militarized "Space Force", was, in my opinion, an effort by him to bring this already existing "Space Force", out of the "black ops" type of operation, and into plain sight.  I recently posted about that huge "meteor" that exploded near our Thule AFBase on Greenland.  What I found interesting was that, iirc, our Space Force was contacted about the incident.  Not our Air Force, our "Space Force".   I couldn't help but think, my that was quick, since it had only been 2-3 weeks or so since the announcement was made.  I was told many years ago, that our technology was a good 50 years beyond anything seen in  "Star Wars",  so I can fully believe we have no clue what really goes on up there, and just about anything is possible and probable.

2 people like this

@breezy

I was thinking the same about the same incident! LOL A VERY quick move for the POTUS, and I suspect he KNEW about the moves up above our heads and had to make the breakthrough. 

It was Russians made the explicit declaration first, then POTUS followed which also supports his move because the nation knew Russia had a step ahead of the US, more reason to back POTUS' decision, IMHO. Very astute dance of geopolitical hand shakes in the back ground, I take.

The meeting with Mr. Putin and POTUS went VERY successful, whether anyone else didn't want it to be that way, or said the meeting was fruitless. I think the guys knew what they needed to do, and just finalised how to achieve it during the meeting, I guess. 

And YEEEES, Bluecoat's thread!!!!!!!! We got told, and it was up to us to believe what was said. (Of course we gotta be thorough to check the info to make sure we were not being fibbed in any cases.)

Dulcy Underground Base battle story connects to none other than the Delta Force, the Delta Force connecting to the use of Supersoldiers, Supersoldiers mentioned by Russians to be used for the battle (for real), and the Supersoldiers also connecting to Fiona Barnett's testimony for the International Tribunal of Natural Justice and which connects to her Australian Royal Commission Statements (for real) about massive world wide child sex abuse ring which connects to Satanic Rings and taking down whole lot of VERY big named people listed as ex Presidents and PMs etc, Supersoldiers connecting to J.Casbolt and late Max Spiers, then we just heard a horrid story of one of the guy from Casbolt group had this crocodile like LIVE thing settling and growing on his spine, taking 9 hours (apparently not 20 hrs as was told to us at the beginning) to remove the crap and the following op for the guy was done by Delta Force docs, Supersoldiers also connecting to the Jump Room testimonies (this is my real testimony---I actually came across to a guy who didn't know he was trained there at all, while doing the regression session on him...he was absolutely not into this sorta stuff <hahaha> but born in Tomar...already branded from the birth for his special abilities, I take...)....there are loads of other stuff in between, but we can see how everything is connecting.

Aco certainly placed all the rails needed for us to get onto and move forward with, methinks.

And THANK YOU!!! for continuing with all the watch, covering almighty huge horizon to monitor through. Your effort is a super awesome one, and totally appreciating your dot connections, breezy! So glad to be on board with CHANI....!! 

2 people like this

Thank you unity.  Yes, Acolyte was a very special person, in his own right, and he definitely laid good solid rails for us. I still find myself missing  things that later on, I just shake my head and wonder how the heck I missed that.  Other times it's as though someone is pointing me to this or that, and it rings my bells. We ARE a team here at CHANI, and that's really special in my book.:hug:

4 people like this

STEVE IS NOT AN AURORA: A new type of aurora nicknamed "STEVE" may not be an aurora at all, according to a new paper published August 20th in the Geophysical Research Letters. A group of researchers combined satellite data with ground-based imagery of STEVE during a geomagnetic storm to investigate how STEVE is formed. "Our main conclusion is that STEVE is not an aurora," said Bea Gallardo-Lacourt, a space physicist at the University of Calgary in Canada and lead author of the new study.

steve_strip.jpg

STEVE, photographed by Greg Ash of Ely, Minnesota, on May 5, 2018 

"STEVE is a purple ribbon of light that amateur astronomers in Canada have been photographing for decades, belatedly catching the attention of the scientific community in 2016. It doesn't look exactly like an aurora, but it often appears alongside auroras during geomagnetic storms. Is it an aurora -- or not? That's what Gallardo-Lacourt's team wanted to find out.

Auroras appear when energetic particles from space rain down on Earth's atmosphere during geomagnetic storms. If STEVE is an aurora, they reasoned, it should form in much the same way. On March 28, 2008, STEVE appeared over eastern Canada just as NOAA's Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite 17 (POES-17) passed overhead. The satellite, which can measure the rain of charged particles that causes auroras, went directly above the purple ribbon. Gallardo-Lacourt's team looked carefully at the old data and found ... no rain at all.

"Our results verify that this STEVE event is clearly distinct from the aurora borealis since it is characterized by the absence of particle precipitation," say the researchers. "Interestingly, its skyglow could be generated by a new and fundamentally different mechanism in Earth's ionosphere."

Another study has shown that STEVE appears most often in spring and fall. With the next equinox only a month away, new opportunities to study STEVE are just around the corner."

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2018GL078509

http://spaceweather.com/archive.php?view=1&day=21&month=08&year=2018

http://spaceweathergallery.com/index.php?title=proton&title2=steve

2 people like this

Russia says space station leak may be sabotage

Sept. 4, 2018      

"Russia launched checks Tuesday after its space chief said an air leak on the International Space Station last week could have been deliberate sabotage.

Space agency chief Dmitry Rogozin said the hole detected Thursday in a Russian space craft docked at the orbiting station was caused by a drill and could have been done deliberately, either back on Earth or by astronauts in space.

Astronauts used tape to seal the leak after it caused a small loss of pressure that was not life-threatening.

"There were several attempts at drilling," Rogozin said late Monday in televised comments, adding that the drill appeared to have been held by a "wavering hand".

"What is this: a production defect or some premeditated actions?" he asked.

"We are checking the Earth version. But there is another version that we do not rule out: deliberate interference in space."

A state commission will seek to identify the culprit by name, Rogozin said, calling this a "matter of honour" for Russia's Energiya space manufacturing company that made the Soyuz.

Asked for comment on allegations of possible sabotage, a NASA spokeswoman referred all questions to the Russian space agency which is overseeing the commission's analysis.

- 'Strange stunt'-   snip

https://phys.org/news/2018-09-russia-space-station-leak-deliberate.html

You all heard about this ISS leak, right? 

The Leak Story

Space station reports 'leak', crew not in danger - Aug 30, 2018

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-space-station-leak-crew-danger.html

2 people like this

Thanks for posting above articles. I felt that was a very VERRRY important news to hear......

Not only external but internal structures are at threats according to the Russians indicated. ISS is still in the place where we can't just go and grub people for safety as such.......urgh.....

1 person likes this

More and more, as i look around, read articles, watch videos, I can't help but be reminded of the CHANI entity saying how people would do crazy things.  Why would anyone take such a chance as to deliberately drill a hole in the ISS?  Why? Even in a spot that wouldn't pose a real threat to those on board? 

1 person likes this

I think one is to test the speed of response the crews can achieve, country by country.

Secondly, check the plausibility of crashing ISS down to a particular place to cause some mass destruction against particular country/group of faction.

ISS can be used as an instrument of m. aa.. //jee< k.

1 person likes this

It might be interesting to know exactly where the ISS was located, at the times when all these mysterious and serious wildfires all over the world started.  I recall they installed a laser cannon on the ISS a couple years ago, and people reported seeing a strange blue beam coming from somewhere above them to the earth, especially during the N. Calif. fires, last year.

1 person likes this

Japanese rovers send back 1st VIDEO ever taken on an asteroid
Published time: 28 Sep, 2018 09:20

Japanese rovers send back 1st VIDEO ever taken on an asteroid

A glimpse of the surface of Ryugu © JAXA space agency

"Japan’s Hayabusa 2 mission to Ryugu is among the most bold and ambitious space missions that humans have ever launched and now, for the first time, we as a species have captured video footage on the surface of an asteroid.

Rovers Minerva-II1A and II1-B were released from the Hayabusa 2 ‘mothership’ after a three-and-a-half-year journey and began hopping their way across the Ryugu asteroid’s craggy surface on Friday, September 21. Having sent back multiple still images via their wide-angle and stereo cameras, Minerva-II1B has now sent back the first video of the mission."

snip    video
“Please take a moment to enjoy ‘standing’ on this new world,” JAXA (Japan’s space agency) officials said in a statement. The 15-frame video was shot over the course of 1 hour and 14 minutes on September 23."

5baded41dda4c8eb748b4616.jpg

An image captured immediately before Rover-1B top a hop on September 23, 2018. © JAXA

snip

https://www.rt.com/news/439770-asteroid-rover-video-ryugu/

3 people like this

Space looks like the ocean from the pictures above, Breezy..

2 people like this

Gaia sky survey reveals 13 mysterious 'hypervelocity' alien stars flying INTO the Milky Way from other galaxies

Mark Prigg            Oct. 2, 2018

"Astronomers who were looking for signs of distant stars being booted out of the Milky Way have revealed a shocking discovery.

Instead of stars leaving, they found stars instead heading inwards – and say they may have come from another galaxy.

The team also found 20 stars going so fast they expect them to escape our galaxy.

The positions and reconstructed orbits of 20 high-velocity stars, represented on top of an artistic view of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. These stars were identified using data from the second release of ESA’s Gaia mission. The seven stars shown in red are sprinting away from the Galaxy and could be travelling fast enough to eventually escape its gravity. Surprisingly, the study revealed also thirteen stars, shown in orange, that are racing towards the Milky Way, which could be stars from another galaxy, zooming right through our own.

The positions and reconstructed orbits of 20 high-velocity stars, represented on top of an artistic view of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. These stars were identified using data from the second release of ESA’s Gaia mission. The seven stars shown in red are sprinting away from the Galaxy and could be travelling fast enough to eventually escape its gravity. Surprisingly, the study revealed also thirteen stars, shown in orange, that are racing towards the Milky Way, which could be stars from another galaxy, zooming right through our own.

'Rather than flying away from the Galactic centre, most of the high velocity stars we spotted seem to be racing towards it,' said study co-author Tommaso Marchetti of Leiden University in the Netherlands.

'These could be stars from another galaxy, zooming right through the Milky Way.' 

It is possible that these intergalactic interlopers come from the Large Magellanic Cloud, a relatively small galaxy orbiting the Milky Way, or they may originate from a galaxy even further afield.

If that is the case, researchers say they will carry the imprint of their site of origin, and studying them at much closer distances than their parent galaxy could provide unprecedented information on the nature of stars in another galaxy – similar in a way to studying martian material brought to our planet by meteorites."

snip       more info/pics at link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6232965/Gaia-telescope-reveals-13-strange-stars-coming-Milky-Way.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

3 people like this

High strangeness continues!  I almost forgot, Tyler mentions that Hubble had problems with a gyroscope.  Does anyone recall the QRS-11 chip, that is quite literally, in EVERYTHING THAT MOVES, from rockets to cars, to MARS Rovers.  In everything that moves is pretty encompassing, includes all of these pieces of equipment and the chip does have to do with gyroscope function. I smell rats. jmo (recall who holds the patent for that chip?)

1 person likes this