breezy

SEVEN CRAZY HOUSES...WHICH WOULD YOU LIVE IN?

123 posts in this topic

post-3562-0-01914600-1403822386_thumb.jp

So want to built one for me and one for hubby.

6 people like this

post-3562-0-07816900-1406416776_thumb.jp

I never ever get tired of looking at homes surrounded by nature and space.

7 people like this

Tx to Phillipbbg  I love this one.  Anyone could live here!

A Teeny Tiny House That's Only Ten Feet Wide

the-birdhouse-exterior3-via-smallhousebl

"Ten feet may not seem like a lot of space to squeeze a home into, but that's reckoning without the ingenuity of these Asheville homeowners, who looked up when they decided to convert their garage into a cozy guesthouse. And the best part is, since it's an AirBnB rental, you can stay there and experience it for yourself."

Check out the rest of the pictures here

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-teeny-tiny-house-thats-only-ten-feet-wide-227106?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed

bigger pictures here

http://smallhousebliss.com/2015/09/30/the-birdhouse/

6 people like this

Tx to Phillipbbg  I love this one.  Anyone could live here!

A Teeny Tiny House That's Only Ten Feet Wide

the-birdhouse-exterior3-via-smallhousebl

"Ten feet may not seem like a lot of space to squeeze a home into, but that's reckoning without the ingenuity of these Asheville homeowners, who looked up when they decided to convert their garage into a cozy guesthouse. And the best part is, since it's an AirBnB rental, you can stay there and experience it for yourself."[/size]

Check out the rest of the pictures here[/size]

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-teeny-tiny-house-thats-only-ten-feet-wide-227106?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed

bigger pictures here

http://smallhousebliss.com/2015/09/30/the-birdhouse/

Breezy I'm actually going to build a tiny house hopefully soon. It will be 700 square feet total. I'm looking forward to designing it and creating a wondeful living space I call home!

6 people like this

Wherever your heart is, is home, so they say.  I wish they had let me design this one, as 10 ft wide I could work with quite nicely especially if it were garage sized long.  i have wanted to build a tiny home, just to see if I could, for the fun of it, and for visitors. (of course, you might want to take care plugging anything into a socket I've wired, LOL)

2 people like this

Breezy, dreams start just like this - playfully in your imagination.  Mine would definitely have a look-out at the top w a telescope!

3 people like this

OK, the Tiny Houses are really interesting, what people do with small spaces, is sometimes ingenious.  Here is one made out of cardboard, which is why I'm putting it here.  Don't like the price tho, but it is clever.

This Sustainable Tiny House Can Be Built In a Day, Lasts a Lifetime and Is Made of Cardboard (Really!)

snip  Ken Howard video

"A Dutch design firm, Fiction Factory, has released a modular tiny house that is made mostly of cardboard. It’s called Wikkelhouse and it’s cutting-edge, sustainable, and beautiful with constructive strength that is supposed to last over 100 years (as the cardboard is coated to withstand weather wear)

Wikkelhouse can be many different things — a guesthouse, a primary living space, or with it’s unparalled acoustics, a perfect sound studio for recording and music production.

wikkelhouse_break_apart_750.jpg

It’s made of 1.2 meter deep segments that can be easily connected and disconnected. The modular setup makes the house highly flexible. You can add extra segments for more space, and basically create your own floor plan. And you can even change it later. Anything goes.

Each module costs approximately USD $4,500, with a completed version of a basic Wikkelhouse expected to cost around USD $80,000.<<no thanks lol
snip
Although very nice looking

wikkelhouse_inside_750.jpg

Personally, I think this Aussie has a bit of heaven for way less

Ultimate Tiny House Man Cave Overlooking The Ocean

5 people like this

I stumbled across this today.  An old, old house being restored in the North of Russia.  The details on this house are awe inspiring.  Enjoy.

Check Out This Amazing, Ornate Wooden Mansion Renovated in Russia's Far North

"Built by a wealthy peasant, this country house embodies the cultural and social themes that defined late 19th-century Russia

It is being renovated by a young Russian couple who are making it into a Bed and Breakfast, so you can stay there too.

post-5-0-11951100-1471725251_thumb.jpg

From St. Basil’s on Red Square to the pastel Baroque palaces of St. Petersburg, Russia has many distinctive architectural monuments. Yet none seems more unexpected than a wooden mansion built deep in the forests of Kostroma Region at the end of the 19th century.          

The mansion, or Terem, at Astashovo village seems all the more improbable for being rescued from the destruction that is common for Russia’s pre-revolutionary country houses. At the beginning of this century, the exuberant structure looked everything like a haunted tower house in a Hollywood film, hidden by young trees and teetering on the brink of collapse. Then fate intervened.          

The builder and owner of this extraordinary wooden structure was Martyan Sozonovich Sazonov. Born in 1842 in the village of Astashovo (Ostashevo) near Chukhloma, Sazonov came from a solid family of state peasants. His biography questions a number of assumptions about the peasantry in 19th-century Russia. Although the majority of peasants had little land and less money, there were those exceptions who, thanks to a combination of hard work and good fortunate, amassed considerable wealth.
snip
In the areas around Kostroma and Yaroslavl, this wealth typically came from St. Petersburg, where enterprising young men would go to be seasonal construction laborers. When the time came for Martyan to submit documents allowing him to work in St. Petersburg, he decided to take the first name of his father (Sozon Markov) as his family name — Sozonov, pronounced and subsequently written as Sazonov. According to the regional practice, boys between the ages of 12 and 14 would be sent for a four-year apprenticeship in the capital’s building trades, after which they would be placed by specific skills. Sazonov gained the profitable designation of master carpenter and woodworker with a specialization in furniture making.

snip   story continues and more pictures, but I will show one of the intricate details

post-5-0-77611300-1471725557_thumb.jpg

5 people like this

'Chameleon house' in the California desert blends into its surroundings because it is covered in MIRRORS

Darren Boyle  March 10, 2017

The house was designed by artist Doug Aitken
It is based on the traditional American ranch
The house is part of a desert art exhibition 
The 16 artworks are scattered across 45 miles

Capturehom.JPG

© Lance Gerber/Dakota Higgens/Cover Images
Desert X is curated by artistic director Neville Wakefield and is on view starting February 25 through April 30, 2017 at sites across the California desert

There are many more pictures at the link.  I really thought this incredible, even if part of an art exhibit,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4300810/Chameleon-house-California-covered-mirrors.html

Tx Reddwolf

8 people like this

3D printed house that takes less than 24 hours to build

JD Domonovoi        April 1, 2017

Apis-Cor-Tiny-House-Painting-660x330.jpg

"This new house has been built in a town outside Moscow. Surprisingly this home wasn’t built in the traditional way. It was actually 3D printed.

This is the first 3D printed residential home, designed and engineered by the tech startup Apis Cor. The construction took less than a day and it cost under $11,000 to complete. A mobile 3D printer created the building’s concrete walls and partitions as a fully connected structure. Rather than printing the building in panels at an off-site facility as is usually done, the company said. The mobile 3D printer was then removed from the building, and a group of contractors completed the home. Adding the roof and windows, and finishing the interior design."

snip

http://pumpkeen.com/technology/3d-printed-house-takes-24-hours-build.html

3D Printed House Took 24 Hours To Build

Think of all those people looking for tiny homes, that are paying $50K and up, for one. No, not for all but for those who want small on a piece of land. $11,000 for the whole thing, complete.  Way to go.

Tx Landdownunder

6 people like this

This is better than ice cream!

Home Unfolds Within 10 Minutes

I love it, count me in!

5 people like this

Taking luxury to new depths: The glass-walled Dubai villas submerged in the ocean complete with a 'coral reef garden' on sale for £2.5million

Sarah Malm   Aug. 8, 2017

"For those who deem the impressive Dubai skyline or fake palm-shaped islands not quite exotic enough, there is a new Emirati holiday home experience in town.
A veritable village of 4,000 sq ft underwater villas is set to lay anchor in the man-made World Islands, promising panoramic views of the Persian Gulf under the sea.
The first Floating Seahorse villas were unveiled last year, but these new £2.5m Signature Edition water mansions are an upgrade for those who wish to bring the whole family. "

Floating paradise: Anyone with a spare few million can now invest in a floating villa set to anchor off the coast of Dubai

Floating paradise: Anyone with a spare few million can now invest in a floating villa set to anchor off the coast of Dubai

Upgrade: The first Floating Seahorse villas were unveiled last year, but the Signature Editions are more extravagant

Upgrade: The first Floating Seahorse villas were unveiled last year, but the Signature Editions are more extravagant
snip   more pictures, info at link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4770896/Underwater-villa-complete-coral-reef-garden.html

Now this is the ultimate to me.  Just simply wow.

7 people like this

Open Concept Modern Tiny House with Elevator Bed

Very, very clever use of space.  Check it out.

3 people like this

The Fairytale Tiny House Shaped Like A Shoe

I think this might be fun?

3 people like this

Ceiling too low for me, it would drive someone my height crazy Land but he obviously loves it. lol

2 people like this

@NewWorld Ceiling is too low for me too! I hope civilisation starts building sophisticated architectures with ceilings full of beauituf stucco again 

3 people like this

I love Dan Price's structures and living his dream but I have one word, 'Bears?'

2 people like this