narnug

Sink holes - What are they?

456 posts in this topic

Press Conference:Cavern below sinkhole has failed… and collapsed — Collapse may be ongoing (VIDEO)

Assumption Parish Police Jury President Marty Triche:

All of our suspicions and suspections have been confirmed. The Texas Brine cavern has failed and has…has… collapsed. Now to what extent that’s still being done [???]

It obviously was spin by Texas Brine to diffuse the situation because they had to acknowledge to the public that their cavern had failed.

The crisis that we see here today

Our fears and suspicions have been confirmed, the cavern failed

Published on Sep 26, 2012 by assumptionla

At about the :08 time spot, you can see a bubbling spot in the sinkhole.

Seismic from Bayou Corne today 9/26

now saying the seismic is coming from the salt dome collapsing, not causing it to collapse..

post-5-13759095873559_thumb.png

post-5-13759095874315_thumb.png

Officials report new bubbling about 3 miles from giant sinkhole — 3 times further away than any bubble site yet

Another bubbling spot was found in a waterway along Bayou Drive in Pierre Part and is being tested, parish officials said Wednesday.

http://enenews.com/officials-report-new-bubble-site-about-3-miles-sinkhole-3-times-further-away-bubble-site-map

Assumption Parish sinkhole expands, swallowing trees and roadway

Sdpt 26, 2012

"Officials say the sinkhole in Assumption Parish has swallowed up more trees and part of a road built to expedite cleanup activities as it continues to expand. Officials at the Assumption Parish Police Jury said Wednesday there was a 30- by 50-foot slough into the southeast side of the hole overnight. The bog had never sloughed in that area before, officials say.

http://www.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2012/09/assumption_parish_sinkhole_exp.html

Bayou Corne Sinkhole Up Close -Growing And Can't Be Stopped

Bayou Corne Sinkhole Up Close -Growing And Can't Be Stopped

Published on Sep 27, 2012 by ConspiracyRealmNews

I have very bad feelings about this whole situation..

I am going to post the following page...so you can see where major gas lines are laid..

http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/analysis_publications/ngpipeline/index.html

I wish all those who live in that area could leave...unfortunately, all some people feel that all they have of value is their home....however...what they fail to realize is that their lives are really all they have of value..nothing else matters...

I am going to throw this out here...and I don't have one clue as to whether it means a thing or not...but someone said on another forum that the antipode for this area is in the Indian Ocean...just out of curiosity....Isn't that where they are saying the plates are breaking up..??

Bear with me here...I don't know that one thing has naught to do w/the other, but I find it interesting none the less...let me include the maps...I have snipped..

Sumatran earthquakes in April were part of tectonic plate breakup

Sept 27, 2012

Scientists think that the large quake of Sumatra in April indicate that the Indo/Australian tectonic plate is breaking up...n is moving at different pace from s part

950 trbimg.com  sources nature ESRI  Khang Nyugen

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/

now below is antipode for la...does this mean anything at all?  I don't know..but found it of interest that we have tectonic plate breaking up, exact opposite of La sinkhole problems..add your thoughts please...could one thing affect the other??

post-5-137590958802_thumb.png

post-5-13759095880649_thumb.png

Thanks Breezy, so your saying the plate I am sitting on is sitting on a huge sink hole being created as the ground I stand on cracks up... sheeesh why can't you keep these sink holes up there instead of passing them down here... LOL

The plate movement and cracking at 3 points is significant BTW and I have waxed the table top in prep for you know what...  :rolleyes:

Yes Phillip that was exactly what I was saying....whilst wondering IF there could possibly be ANY significance to that fact...just seems real strange to me..I always wondered if I could dig a hole to China, when I was a kid...LOL....

9/29/12

Sinkhole meeting changes its venue

River Parishes bureau

September 29, 2012

"BAYOU CORNE — Assumption Parish officials have relocated the site of a weekend briefing where Bayou Corne-area residents will be given information on planned natural gas venting and the positioning of geo-probes on private property near a growing sinkhole in the parish.

The briefing originally was scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday under a tent at the Sportsman’s Landing boat launch on La. 70 South in Bayou Corne, which has served as a command post for officials working at the sinkhole. Because of forecast rain, however, the meeting has been switched to 10 a.m. Saturday in St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church Hall, 3304 La. 70, in Pierre Part."

http://theadvocate.com/news/4013034-123/sinkhole-meeting-changes-its-venue

Assumption Parish Police Jury

3:40 p.m. USGS Responds to Reported Tremors in Pierre Part

5:30 p.m. Bubbling Site #17 identified – T’Loc Canal

"It has been confirmed that gas bubbles are present in the T’Loc Canal between Grand Bayou and Pierre Part. There is not enough concentration to pull samples, but observation monitoring will be done.

The resident briefing is scheduled for today at 10 a.m. Thr briefing will be held at the St. Joseph the Worker Church Hall in Pierre Part. All State agencies are expected to be present."

http://assumptionla.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/915-a-m-morning-update-4/

From what I am reading in other places...it seems the Mississippi, and the GOM have been used for dumping sites for some particularly nasty stuff over the last 6/7 decades....it's enough to make a person upset....just because it isn't happening to me...doesn't mean it isn't happening...my heart goes out to all the people affected in any way...

I've looked online but it seems that NOBODY has bothered to take new photos or video. Make me wonder why there isn't any more media coverage on this.

I've looked online but it seems that NOBODY has bothered to take new photos or video. Make me wonder why there isn't any more media coverage on this.

I JUST now asked Breezy in chat why this isn't being targeted in the news!  Suspect.  For sure...

Newspaper: “I think the whole dome is sinking,” says resident by giant sinkhole — “Entire area around community is sinking” (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/newspaper-i-think-the-whole-dome-is-sinking-says-resident-by-giant-sinkhole-entire-area-around-community-is-sinking-video

Sinkhole Briefing: Now testing ‘regionally’ for gas, up to 10-mile stretch of wells — “This could be going on for many years… Dome is going to continue to collapse” (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/sinkhole-briefing-sampling-regionally-gas-testing-10-mile-stretch-water-wells-could-be-be-going-many-years-dome-going-continue-collapse-video

Watch: Smell getting worse around giant sinkhole… “a lot” more complaints — Residents report health problems — Official compares risk to inhaling scent of roadkill (VIDEOS)

http://enenews.com/officials-smell-getting-worse-around-giant-sinkhole-lot-complaints-residents-report-health-problems-videos

Sinkhole grows, hits Assumption business and home values

Sept 30, 2012

"

Don Ames/AP Reporting

The sinkhole in Assumption Parish keeps getting bigger.

The parish's director of homeland security and emergency preparedness, John Boudreaux, says a 15-hundred square foot section of the earth caved in last week, pulling down several trees and part of a road.

The road that caved in was built to assist in the cleanup efforts. The sinkhole is about four acres in size and has grown since it emerged on August third.

150 homes in two nearby communities are evacuated as a result of the sinkhole.

Experts believe an underground brine cavern encased in a salt dome could be the cause of the sink hole. Sonar testing inside the cavern began a few days ago."

http://www.wwl.com/Sinkhole-grows--hits-Assumption-business-and-home-/14373381

best I keep what I think about all this to myself...

Louisiana sinkhole engulfing entire 1-mile by 3-mile salt dome

Sept 30, 2012

Deborah Dupre

"The entire area of the 1-mile by 3-mile Napoleonville Salt Dome is sinking, according to Bayou Corne sinkhole evacuee Harry Boudreaux, speaking to a reporter Saturday morning after a community meeting where he and other area residents hoped to be briefed on the latest disaster developments there that are impacting their human rights to security and health.

Boudreaux told The Advocate that when he used to go crawfishing in the 1960s near the area where the sinkhole now is, he had to climb a fence near Louisiana Highway 70 and then, hike 500 feet through the woods to get to the once pristine bayou filled with edibles.

“Now the fence is underwater and water’s right up against the road,” Boudreaux said. “I think the whole dome is sinking."

http://www.examiner.com/article/louisiana-sinkhole-engulfing-entire-1-mile-by-3-mile-salt-dome

Officials: Hydrocarbons could have breached bottom of cavern — Oil detected on top of giant sinkhole (VIDEOS)

Oct 1, 2012

"Shaw Group: There is gas in there, as well as a hydrocarbon interface. That’s all we know right now, we haven’t been able to sample that."

http://enenews.com/officials-hydrocarbons-could-have-breached-bottom-of-cavern-oil-detected-on-top-of-sinkhole-videos

Senator: Louisiana sinkhole a catastrophic Lake Peigneur genocide in progress

October 1, 2012

By Deborah Dupre

"Human rights defender Senator Fred Mills believes that Assumption Parish’s salt dome sinkhole appears to becoming another ongoing manmade Lake Peigneur catastrophe, a government supported oil and gas industry genocide through poisoned water, according to his interview Sunday by Deborah Dupré. Mysterious gas bubbles plaguing Bayou Corne sinkhole area are also increasing at Lake Peigneur, 80 miles west of the sinkhole, say Mills and his constituents.

“We tried to pass legislation last year to prevent these salt dome catastrophes in Louisiana, but they looked at us like we’re against progress,” State Senator Fred Mills, in his gentle Cajun accent, told Dupré.

“This is genocide,” said Mills of Assumption's neighboring parishes, Iberia and St. Martin, heart of Southern Louisiana culture. “This is a statewide issue. There’s more arsenic in water here now, and other contaminants. It’s just getting worse.”

snip

"“I really feel for those people at Lake Peigneur,” he said, adding that 32 years after the lake’s whirlpool disaster, contaminated water becomes worse each year.

Bayou Corne’s sinkhole is now caving in a whirlpool clockwise fashion as it

threatens another major source of south Louisiana’s drinking water."

snip

"Mills said two pressing questions are not addressed regarding salt domes wreaking havoc on health and safety of workers and nearby residents where millions of gallons of groundwater are withdrawn and polluted daily.

“One, if you look back, was an environmental impact study done when Napoleonville Salt Dome was developed decades ago?” he asked. “How do we never make this mistake again?”

“When permits are issued, old data is used, not real-time data,” he explained. “They keep using outdated data for environmental impact, ten-year-old data. If you’re going to issue a permit, we need to use all the recent data.”

But Louisiana’s Department of Conservation’s Natural Resources is about to permit AGL’s additional massive salt domes as 80 miles west, the 1-mile by 3-mile Napoleonville Salt Dome caves into the monster sinkhole.

“What more do you need to see to believe these salt caverns can cave in?” Mills incredulously asked."

snip

"Oil workers are too afraid to speak out, according to Abbeville resident Glo Conlin, who left in tears Friday night after speaking with her Bayou Corne friends, now energy refugees.

“I feel this is just the beginning of the manmade disaster in Bayou Corne,” Conlin told Dupré Sunday.

Conlin, a retired secretary, is among rights defenders supporting Senator Mills’s new salt dome legislation based on health rights. She’s also a friend of Bucky and Joanie Misretta, among 150 Bayou Corne families, the latest of whom the government-supported oil and gas industry has forced out of their homes.

The last few months have been tough for the Misrettas."

snip

"“People are not anti-energy because they do not to want their water contaminated, and to lose their homes, as some companies such as AGL Resources portray them,” Conlin asserted.

In fact, 95% of Save Lake Peigneur supporters are connected to the energy industry, Conlin says.

“All of our officials should be working to protect us from these manmade disasters.”

Despite the documentation and well-renowned expert’s testimony of risks of expanding salt dome caverns at Lake Peigneur, Senate committee members at meetings in Baton Rouge showed distain, Conlin concurred with Senator Mills.

“AGL company representatives and their lobbyists were not even questioned by the Senate committee about any risks presented to them,” she said. “They bushed us off.

“Last Friday when I left Bucky and Joanie, I left with tears in my eyes and knowing the faith that they have will carry them through their trying times.”

Conlin hopes Lake Peigneur residents will not face what her friends Bucky and Joanie are.

“Please ask our officials to help protect us,” Conlin pleas. “Don’t let them tell you they can do nothing about it.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-louisiana-sinkhole-a-catastrophic-lake-peigneur-genocide-progress

Hydrocarbons breaching sinkhole cavern bottom, oil 75% atop hole

October 2, 2012

Deborah Dupre

7adf9a605dcfadfdb454380864356b12.jpgb.examiner

"Hydrocarbons could have breached the failing cavern from the bottom of it and hydrocarbons on top of the hole comprise approximately 75% of it, according to officials and investigators at the 29 Sept. 2012 Bayou Corne Resident Briefing in Assumption Parish about the sinkhole that has now expanded to four acres.

“There is gas in there, as well as a hydrocarbon interface. That’s all we know right now, we haven’t been able to sample that,” said Shaw Group spokesperson Brian Davis.

(Watch Brian Davis, Shaw Group presentation at 29 Sept. 2012 Resident Briefing embedded on this page.)

“It could be naturally occurring hydrocarbons that have breached in from the bottom,” Davis said, later adding, “There’s hydrocarbons of some sort over in the sinkhole.”

The Shaw Group has been contracted for relief well work at the sinkhole."

http://www.examiner.com/article/hydrocarbons-breaching-sinkhole-cavern-bottom-oil-75-atop-hole

Amazing Bayou Corne Sinkhole Map -Info On Salt Dome, Chemicals ,Companies-Must C !

!

Published on Oct 1, 2012 by TheConspiracyRealm

There are a couple more vids..3 altogether...

Legal Expert: They applied for permits to dispose of radioactive and other waste in cavern below giant sinkhole… and the material is leaking out (AUDIO)

Baton Rouge’s Morning News

1150 WJBO Radio

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

"Stuart Smith, Attorney: It’s very similar to what happened in the Deepwater Horizon [Gulf of Mexico] disaster where these operations are being conducted deep underground in the blind so to speak. They applied for permits to dispose of radioactive and other waste claiming it was safe, now everything is up in the air and the material is leaking into the environment."

http://enenews.com/legal-expert-applied-permits-dispose-radioactive-other-waste-cavern-below-giant-sinkhole-material-leaking-audio

Adding a very informative video here at this point.  Serious problems in La...is all I can say...this video is from Idahopicker..35 minutes long...

?LIES UNCOVERED?LA. SINK HOLE "EARTH QUAKE" REPORT (Highly Detailed REPORT)?

October 3, 2012

?LIES UNCOVERED?LA. SINK HOLE "EARTH QUAKE" REPORT (Highly Detailed REPORT)?

Guys here is all the link to info like this that still exists online. Certain days and reports are Nolonger Available. Been deleted??

http://climateviewer.com/ Thanks you the man who built this. HERO!

There are a whole bunch of links underneath this video...

Reports of mysterious loud earthquakes flooding in to Louisiana towns — “Of course the sinkhole comes to mind” — Dozens of miles away

A little before 2 p.m. Wednesday, reports began flooding in to officials of tremors accompanied by a loud noise. The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office and Office of Emergency Preparedness received reports, but nobody has been able to narrow down a cause.

http://enenews.com/mystery-quake-reports-flooding-in-for-louisiana-towns-of-course-the-sinkhole-comes-to-mind-dozens-of-miles-away

Flyover footage shows new area nearby giant sinkhole saturated with water (VIDEO)

Third sinkhole opens up on East Monument Street in Baltimore

Large sinkhole busted street open in July

UPDATED 12:04 PM EDT Oct 05, 2012

"BALTIMORE —

How many sinkholes will open up on East Monument Street?

Thursday, a third sinkhole opened up in the 2300 block of East Baltimore Street in east Baltimore.

The street has been closed for months, under repair for other sinkholes that opened up on July 25. While crews continue working on one portion of the street, another sinkhole opened up about 125 feet to the west of the original sinkhole, according to the Baltimore Department of Public Works.

SkyTeam 11 Capt. Roy Taylor said the third sinkhole widened within 15 minutes.

DPW and contractor crews worked to stabilize the sinkhole and determine its depth. Baltimore Gas and Electric crews took precautions to secure gas lines in the area."

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/Third-sinkhole-opens-up-on-East-Monument-Street-in-Baltimore/-/10131532/16862406/-/140hn45z/-/index.html

Sinkhole explosive methane officially life threatening, residents not told

Oct 6 2012

Deborah Dupre

"Officials advised the Assumption Parish President on Thursday that Bayou Corne sinkhole area has high levels of methane in nearby water wells, posing risks to health, fire and explosion and that residents need to heed the mandatory evacuation order. That day, parish officials postponed Saturday's resident briefing with no explanation."

Read the rest of the story here...

http://www.examiner.com/article/sinkhole-explosive-methane-officially-life-threatening-residents-not-told

Sinkhole explosive methane officially life threatening, residents not told

Oct 6 2012

Deborah Dupre

"Officials advised the Assumption Parish President on Thursday that Bayou Corne sinkhole area has high levels of methane in nearby water wells, posing risks to health, fire and explosion and that residents need to heed the mandatory evacuation order. That day, parish officials postponed Saturday's resident briefing with no explanation."

Read the rest of the story here...

http://www.examiner.com/article/sinkhole-explosive-methane-officially-life-threatening-residents-not-told

seems as though 'they' need another human sacrifice in order to declare 'their' much awaited martial law in plain sight

remember that methane in air becomes explosive when it reaches 17% concentration at room temperature

;) Just my two bits here, I have thought for some time now that the heat holes( perfect circles in the ice) at either poles were an attempt ( most likely by HAARP operations) to send frequencies through the Earth Herself ( gee doesn't this sound similar to what is going on with Jupiter? ???), although the full reason for this is unknown to me at present, the evidence exists. Back to the sink holes. If in fact they are sending microwaves down there it stands to reason that they must be disturbing the rock and minerals which then would have an equal and opposite reaction by gravity moving other ground and rock etc to attempt to fill the space. If you move something in the core of a body of matter, surface matter will fall to fill the space. It could explain why so many more of them are occurring these days.

Gas trapped near sinkhole

October 7, 2012

David Mitchell

"An as-yet undetermined amount of natural gas is trapped in the aquifer underneath the Bayou Corne community, state and parish officials have said.

The area has been rattled by earth tremors, has waterways with gas bubbling to the surface, and is in the vicinity of a 4-acre sinkhole south of La. 70 that has grown larger since its emergence Aug. 3. Bayou Corne’s 150 households have been evacuated since the sinkhole appeared just off the edge of the Napoleonville Dome, a 1-mile-by-3-mile underground salt deposit.

The Mississippi River Alluvial Aquifer is a broad underground belt that tracks the river and flows beneath dozens of Louisiana parishes, but is not a continuously linked formation of ground water.

The aquifer under Assumption Parish is not used as its major water source — Bayou Lafourche is — but some parish officials say they are concerned the odorless, colorless gas underground could accumulate unseen to explosive concentrations if left unchecked.

John Boudreaux, director of the Assumption Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said there are concerns the gas can build up pressure under the clay layer that lies above the aquifer.

Once the pressure in the aquifer reaches a pressure greater than 75 to 85 pounds per square inch, the clay layer might not be able to hold back the accumulated gas, according to Boudreaux and geologists.

“And then it could be a problem because you do not know where the weak point would be until after it has already done its thing,” Boudreaux said.

He said contractors started driving casing Saturday for three vent wells in Bayou Corne to get a better idea about what is happening underground, where the gas is located, so the gas can be vented off."

snip

"They are trying to see if the cavern inside the Napoleonville Dome is the source of the 475-foot-wide sinkhole."

http://theadvocate.com/home/4074852-125/gas-trapped-near-sinkhole

Gassed Louisiana sinkhole family human rights plea exposes coverup

Today, near the latest Bayou Corne sinkhole area bubbling site, resides Alicia Heilig, her two children and mother, suffering burning eyes, nausea, constant dull headaches and other signs of being poisoned, with no emergency aid, cannot evacuate from the life-threatening area, they have told human rights reporter Deborah Dupré.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gassed-louisiana-sinkhole-family-human-rights-plea-exposes-coverup

http://assumptionla.com/bayoucorne

October 9, 2012

10:50 a.m. Slough In on SW Side of Sinkhole

Assumption Parish Police Jury

"There has been a 10? x 50? foot slough in of the sinkhole on the SW side (towards the pipeline right-of-way, the 50? is along the embankment of the hole). Five trees were lost during this slough in. Clean up has been halted until further notice."

http://assumptionla.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/1050-a-m-slough-in-on-sw-side-of-sinkhole/

Apparently there was a meeting...I will post the first video...there are 5 altogether...

10//9/12

Assumption Parish/Bayou Corne Sinkhole Meeting 10/09/12 Part 1

Assumption Parish/Bayou Corne Sinkhole Meeting 10/09/12 Part 1

Published on Oct 9, 2012 by rainbeaudais

Finally a meeting with some answers. Best meeting yet. Question and answers at end of meeting. Part 1 of 5

Texas brine talking about hydrocarbons and oily liquid being removed from the well after they had drilled into it in Sept 26, 2012...they plan on removing the hydrocarbons....<<they are removing....mentioning sluffing in of sides of sinkhole..4 inclinometers that measure the tilt...on line reporting 24  7  movement of soil near the sinkhole...weekly measurements of subsidence on their facility...relief well??  about 1500 ft of hydrocarbons in base of relief well that they cannot explain...no harmful levels of any gases, etc...at the sinkhole... the other 4 meeting tapes are on you tube...

Here is a link to the Assumption Police Jury...postings for today...if you care to read them..

http://assumptionla.wordpress.com/

Sinkhole gas flaring to begin, number of people suffering poisoning mounts

October 10, 2012

Deborah Dupre

"Assumption parish residents, dozens reporting sicknesses and showing signs of poisoning, are bracing for the Shaw Group, contracted by Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, to begin flaring natural gas from two relief/vent wells at the Bayou Corne sinkhole site as early as Friday, but scientists say those fires will not impact nearby methane gas percolating in over twenty places.

The gas from two wells at the Bayou Corne sinkhole disaster site will be flared through a single portable flare as early as Friday, according to officials Tuesday night at a resident briefing.

The DNR contracted vent/relief well with gas inside is north of Hwy. La. 70 South, in the still expanding over 4-acre sinkhole vicinity but east of the most populated portion of Bayou Corne community. The Texas Brine boring is in that same area but south of La. 70."

Read the story here...

http://www.examiner.com/article/sinkhole-gas-flaring-to-begin-number-of-people-suffering-poisoning-mounts

BAYOU CORNE FLYOVER VIDEO 10/11/12

Published on Oct 11, 2012 by assumptionla

La. sinkhole was predicted, grows 500 square feet larger after seismic activity

October 11, 2012

Deborah Dupre

"Louisiana's giant sinkhole in Assumption Parish expanded 500 square feet Tuesday morning, according to officials. Earlier Tuesday, amid debating whether earthquakes caused the nearby breached salt cavern to fail, extra seismic activity was recorded, according to USGS monitors observed by this reporter, also noting that in 2010, experts foretold a methane crisis, one saying a methane-caused sinkhole could result from BP's oil catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico.

"A 10? x 50? foot slough in of (sic) the sinkhole on the SW side (towards the pipeline right-of-way, the 50? is along the embankment of the hole)," Assumption Parish officials reported Tuesday, Oct. 9.

View slideshow: Bayou Corne, Louisiana methane & earthquake sinkhole disaster on Oct. 11, 2012

Five trees along with more land were lost during during what officials call another "slough in," and "Clean up has been halted until further notice," the officials said. "

Read story here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/la-sinkhole-was-predicted-grows-500-square-feet-larger-after-seismic-activity

http://enenews.com/latest-flyover-shows-new-area-pipeline-breaking-giant-sinkhole-video

October 11, 2012 Flyover, still picture

http://enenews.com/gas-pipeline-found-floating-on-surface-of-giant-sinkhole-photos

October 11, 2012 Flyover, still picture

post-5-1375909598408_thumb.png

post-5-13759095985075_thumb.png